Stop frigging dodging lobbies
I am fed up.
Honestly, almost every single lobby I got in the past hour was dodged. You want to play killer but you chicken out because... I don’t know why to be honest. If you can’t take it, go play something else.
it’s really frustrating.
Honestly, almost every single lobby I got in the past hour was dodged. You want to play killer but you chicken out because... I don’t know why to be honest. If you can’t take it, go play something else.
it’s really frustrating.
Comments
They'll still dodge. You probably don't have to search a new lobby, but you will have to wait until a new killer joins.
Why not? Its not like you are going to leave every lobby
Anyways, as long as they have bought this game, it's not up to me or anyone else to tell them whether or not they should dodge which lobby.
I can't say it isn't annoying, because it really is, but when someone doesn't feel like going against some of those scenarios, they are free to dodge.
Have a nice day/night.
I do love SWF.
Specially Ochido wannabbe ones.
Tasteful.
Some are easy, others are hard.
But i want to be better at killer so im aways IN.
The problem is most SWF like to bully the killer.
So don't get mad if some dodge your SWF they may had bad experiences in the past.
People have their own reasons for dodging a lobby. It isn't like it wastes much time, especially if you have a survivor leave - another will instantly take their place. In my 120+ hours of playing, I'd say one out of every 10 lobbies I enter as survivor is disconnected by the killer. Alright, guess I'll take another 10 seconds to load in another lobby and get it filled up. As a killer, I'd say every match I have at least one or two survivors back out of the lobby before the match starts - I don't care, I'd rather them back out than cut the game short.
I don't understand why this thread is such a big deal, there really isn't anything to say about this.
An easy solution to lobby dodgers would be to remove the ability for killer to see Survivor items in the lobby and make it viewable only in-game . If they choose to DC it's up to them and they'd lose 2 pips and possibly de-rank. It's useless and a time waste if they are not feeling confident enough to play as killer then shouldn't queue up and waste everyone's time.
Those are all valid reasons to dodge. You know what else is? Dodging because you feel like it. No one has to justify themself to you or anyone else. Killer is a stressful role, so if the killer doesn't want to add even MORE stress by playing a match against 4 people with flashlights or toolboxes, that's their right. You do you boo boo and I'll do me. If you don't wanna get dodged, don't have 4 flashlights/4 toolboxes/obvious SWF usernames, etc. The killer isn't obligated to play against you if they don't want to.
That reasons are not stupid IMO, excepting the P3 claudettes/legacy survivors and the key, I think the other dodge reasons you mentioned are pretty legitimate.
So just to clarify, a bloo bloo bloo?
nah
Of course it is, we dont have any facts so we just gotta assume that the 4 claudettes in camo suits with flashlights wanna bully us
Try to work out why you are getting dodged, and avoid that.
Just a tip
Now, back on topic, it's still a stupid reason to dodge. It's like playing survivor, seeing that it's a Nurse, and you DC because you don't wanna go against that scenario. Overall, go by the golden rule, would you like to play lobby simulator since killers keep dodging you?
While I understand the reasoning behind dodging, it does get tiresome, esp to solo survivors. It has gotten much worse on PS4. I had 4 straight lobbies where a dodge occurred. I had no items on, using Dwight in his stock cosmetics. Nothing flashy, nothing to scream here I am. In all but one of the lobbies, the rest of the survivors had no items either. So nothing that should have been a red flag. Yet a dodge happened.
Do not get me wrong, I used to dodge some lobbies if I felt it was a SWF team. Now I only dodge if it is a name I know is a much higher rank playing in a SWF to try to bully, which is rare since my memory sucks. I try to play in all lobbies and make the best of whatever is thrown at me. If I realize you are a SWF and possibly a bully squad, I switch things up to make it fun for me, like using the Clown and bottle bomb people all game. This does not work for all people, as I stopped playing a serious/competitive game long ago. Just remember, not all SWFs are bully squads. Some times a lobby full of flashlights are actually solos. If necessary, bring in Franklin and swing away.
I swear it wasnt me. I am still at work. I cant dodge lobbies right now.
"Those are all valid reasons to dodge. You know what else is? Dodging because you feel like it."
How would you like it if every killer dodged you? Especially when it takes forever to find a game as a survivor, you probably wouldn't. Overall, follow the golden rule, treat others how you'd like to be treated.
Default dwight is a bit of a red flag, though, from what I gathered. Not as big as bald dwight. At least from what I read. Usually indicates a last second switcher.
Honestly, if you want to fly under the radar, customize characters some, and try not to be an immersed Claudette, Bald Dwight, or super neon outside of maybe Nea.
But I'm no expert on cosmetics dodging. I have accumulated data, though.
I get that not all SWFs are bad. Problem is I don't want to go into a trial against SWFs with that mentality and be wrong 999,999.999999999999 out of a million.
SWFs I meet are looking to powerlevel, and/or stomp with almost nothing else.
None really want to play close to how the game was intended (sans communication) and take a chance they might not win.
And my opinion still stands. If someone feels like not going against some players, they can leave the lobby. Fun is subjective and if they want to play Legion just for fun and see 4 toolboxes, they are free to leave.
If a survivor DC because a nurse he ruins a game, if a killer dodge, the game is not started yet.
Lobby dodging is always the result of bad experiences in the past.
"You reap what you sow" - that's exactly what it is if you think further than just that specific lobby.
But not always, it depends on my mood. And with mood I mean: "Do I want to play nurse now?"
Anything else Idc, bring up 4 toolboxes and I bring up an Ebony. I got enough of them
The reason a lot of people dodge is because the game has gotten to a point where depending what you see in a survivor's hand you can kind of guess what will likely do. Like if you see 4 survivors spawn in with toolboxes you can take a reasonable guess you're about to get genrush extreme or sabo squad. Some days you want the extra work, some days you don't. People will dodge for ping, and personally if I see four Bills I dodge. I already know what they want to do. BT boyband can really get on my nerves so I pass that headache to someone else.
Lol A survivor whining about lobby dodging is hilarious when you don't lose anything and can literally join a new lobby in seconds where as the killer has to wait minutes.
I know, your mates will thank you
Sadly Killers are complaining that Survivors feel entitled to live, but they feel entitled to decide who they want to go against. If there is no Lobby with 4 random People without any items, no need to play.
Also, Killers claiming that playing Killer needs Skill - and choose the easiest Lobbies.
The amount of Lobby dodging after the Rank Reset is insane. Yesterday I got dodged 8 times in a row, maybe because of my (brown) Toolbox, I really dont know.
There needs to be some sort of queue which punishes dodging, for both sides. Because it is also not fun to have Survivors leave a Lobby, once 4 people are in that Lobby, because it simply can snowball from there on... 1 Person left, second Person left, third person left. Great, alone in the Lobby. Then a 2 Man SFW joins and the Killer chickens out.
Basically, it would be enough if Players who dodge a Lobby, have to wait longer for the next Lobby. So 1 Lobby dodged = 1 minute waiting for the next Lobby to join. If dodged again, 2 minutes.. And so on.
But well, since Killers think they are entitled to decide if they want to have easy games, it will probably not change anything.
I never look at items when I dodge, just if I think they're SWF players. I get there are SWF groups that aren't asshats, but I don't encounter them too often. They make the game not fun for me, so I don't waste my time. If I get into a game and its clear they're SWF, I just leave. No addons or offerings I have are worth that much time.
I can promise though, I will never dodge a game if they give me a "Vs Solo players" option. That'd be great.
Also if you see survivors with certain items, and you want to play a killer who is weak to those items or don't have the perks to counter (Flashlights with Hag/Wraith) or toolboxes and no perks to battle the genrush then you would dodge.
yea I'm solo player and I use toolboxes and flashlights because I have them on said character.and I feel like some killer do think I'm part of swf group when I'm not but it just a feel think way they act in the match or that all killer are crazy/nuts.
funny thing about flashlights I use it but I suck with it never help me.
but people dodge because of cosmetics I mean I understnd the bloody cosmetics but I feel like they dodge because of other cosmetics.so we can put cosmetics on we want because some swf ruined it?
I wish more people would chill out when playing instead of just looking to get out as fast as possible.
But a lot of killers are just as bad. I won't ever say otherwise.
It's harder to spot depipping killers, and there's only 1 killer to 4 survivors.
Killers have to endure the entire match. If they're in with a pain in the ass group of survivors, then they can't bail without repercussions.
Survivors can just get hooked, suicide, and move on. Or genrush the hell out of the killer and move on.
It certainly feels like killers suffer the brunt of being mauled way harder than survivors.
I play a shitton of survivor. Not quite a main, but a lot of survivor.
Perks are not important for that issue since the killer can't see them in the lobby. Your medkit could have been the reason. Keep in mind that in highranks, a medkit means in 50% of the cases an insta-heal. If other players bring medkits as well, then the killer might decide that's too much.
I usually don't bring items into the game. Maybe you want to try that and see if you don't get dodged that often anymore.
That suggestion has been made super often. Bottom line: It wouldn't work, it would only increase waiting times for survivors even more.
How are survivors not wanting an easy game if they are bringing items with them instead of playing without?
Well, the less reason you give them to dodge, the faster you will get a game.
Btw, I almost never get dodged playing my claudette, but I never bring items too
But anyway, i dodge when there is someone with some Somalia connection and they ready up, and i am there looking at the screen like "...seriously?
Good that Killers cannot use Add-Ons. Which are the equivalent to items.
How to attract (and keep!) a killer!
DO
Come into the lobby empty handed. It's a bit old fashioned but many killers will insist on providing everything you need for the evening. Definitely no flash lights or tool boxes!
Take your time admiring your killer's gen and totem placements before you touch them! If they run any hex perks you might want to ask permission first.
DON'T
Wear bloody clothes! Try to look nice for your killer, but don't show too much skin or wear anything too bright - those clothes are for trolls and trollops!
Decisive strike on the first date.
Unless the lobby glitch occurs of course.
Most killers need their add-ons since without them, their power is too weak. You can't compare it to medkits & toolboxes which are not necessary at all.
I'd always recommend that players play both killer and surv on highrank for a while so that they can get a feeling for what is how strong in this game.
Agree on the first point, but only a bit. For some Killers that might be true (e.g. Trapper), but the Killers played on High Ranks usually are good enough to play without Add-Ons. Something like Trapper, Wraith or Doctor is seen quite less.
Regarding the second point: I would love to, but sadly my Connection is not that stable. So I can only play Killer for fun, because I honestly do not want to annoy anyone with Lags (which can happen). Maybe will be changed with Dedicated Servers.
But, overall, I think nobody should decide who he wants to face. Otherwise Survivors should get an Option - Playing vs Legion? Nah, want to leave this Lobby. But that sounds stupid, why does it not sound stupid the other way?
And well, regarding SWF... You cannot design a Multiplayer Online Game without expecting that friends would like to play together. And most of the SWFs are not Dickheads.