Survivors How is 2v8 for you?

im having alot of fun! Survivor is alot more better now then the first iteration!

2v8 round 2 is actually a lot better this time around for survivors able to get pallet and flash saves and the insane class ults is a comeback dream Medic ive gotten a 6 man heal, Guide you can pop an entire gen in seconds, Scout rebuilding strong pallets is a life saver!

Survivors i think is on the right path to being a better experience in 2v8 and were escaping alot more then before cant wait to see the stats!

Comments

  • Pretty good honestly! Games are pretty smooth/fair. I do escape more often than not. The long drawn out matches where everyone is being hooked/taking turns are the best. I thought w/ Blight & Nurse it'd be a mess but very happy w/ how they've been handled.

    Just fix killer que times!

  • I'm not waiting fror 15-20 minutes to play killer and I've got bored with playing survivor in 2v8 so I'm back to the main game. Will go back to do the second tome but that's it.

    It's just a watered down version and as happened the first time, it has got pretty boring for me pretty quickly. Killer times on the normal mode were about two minutes last night so not too bad.

  • I quite like the more casual vibe it gives. Compared to regular matches though, I am a little disappointed to say how much some killers sour the experience.

    Bleeding out on the floor, getting the option to stand back up, only to be downed again as a Wraith lords some 8k he and a huntress achieved like anyone cares. Bleeding out on the floor for minutes on end just isn't fun and it's a big reason why survivor is hard to get really into for me.

  • Outside of matches against Billy/Blight/Spirit combos, it's fun, easy, and light. I would say I'm escaping in 60-70% of the matches I am in.

    In addition to the design, I think that is mostly down to a lot of people who don't normally player killer are playing the role with a friend (and just not that good).

    All that said, I wouldn't want the devs to add more mechanics than they did for this iteration, as I think the simplicity is the feature here. It's hard to take it seriously, and that's a nice departure from the 1v4.

  • the games are speed-run for survivor. the killer gets like 2-3 hooks and everyone or almost everyone escapes. that is my experience with 2vs8 mode.

    overall, i don't find survivor loop engaging. i like playing vs hyper strong chase killers as challenge but i think casual player just decimated in the chase. the gens are somewhat of an after thought in the mode. when you add more player to the game, the game feels like some kind of action quest adventure game of players doing random actions to complete greater goal. the goal of finish all 8? gens and powering exit gates might be too simple to the point of boredom.

    in 1vs4, the simple objective works because killer engages enough with survivor that there is tension between your survival and completing the objective.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    the games are speed-run for survivor. the killer gets like 2-3 hooks and everyone or almost everyone escapes. that is my experience with 2vs8 mode.

    overall, i don't find survivor loop engaging. i like playing vs hyper strong chase killers as challenge but i think casual player just decimated in the chase. the gens are somewhat of an after thought in the mode. when you add more player to the game, the game feels like some kind of action quest adventure game of players doing random actions to complete greater goal. the goal of finish all 8? gens and powering exit gates might be too simple to the point of boredom.

    in 1vs4, the simple objective works because killer engages enough with survivor that there is tension between your survival and completing the objective.

    This is basically how I feel. There's no real tension as Survivor and it feels too stressful to play casually as Killer. Not sure I have ever had a win, at least at the… ONE, that's it one, Killer I like and am interested in playing in this mode.

    There just is not anything here for me. I prefer 1v4.

  • @SidneysBane1996 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3842136#Comment_3842136

    This is basically how I feel. There's no real tension as Survivor and it feels too stressful to play casually as Killer. Not sure I have ever had a win, at least at the… ONE, that's it one, Killer I like and am interested in playing in this mode.

    There just is not anything here for me. I prefer 1v4.

    Is being double teamed not enough tension? That sounds like maximum tension to me

  • @Pelaan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3842735#Comment_3842735

    Watching Survs juicing 2 killers is the ultimate skill cap I've seen the clips

    Watching Survs juicing 2 killers is the ultimate skill cap gap

    FTFY

  • @tjt85 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3841252#Comment_3841252

    I'm just telling you what my experience is, which is that Killers are dominating in the majority of my matches now. Over the last few days, only the most dedicated and ruthless Killers still seem willing to sit in such long queues. Casual players who completed the tome are already back playing 1 Vs 4. I know I've definitely tapped out.

    Why would casual survivors be playing 1v4 when it's much more hardcore and sweaty than 2v8?

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3839747#Comment_3839747

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3839760#Comment_3839760

    I get the impression, that you had a lot of bad luck with your matches. Have not seen killers DC despite most of them struggling with gen and healing speeds.

    Did you actually encounter multiple killer 2mans that dc'd? As far as I know, both have to, do it, otherwise a bot should be deployed. How do you know their intentions?

    So in the beginning, yes, I did see several killer teams DC. However, I haven’t seen people DC much recently.

  • I'll say this, I find 2v8 much more fun than 1v4 and it's not just because the escape rate is higher. Even when I die in 2v8, it's still more fun than escaping in 1v4.

  • @100PercentBPMain said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3842271#Comment_3842271

    Is being double teamed not enough tension? That sounds like maximum tension to me

    I don't find that tense, I just find it annoying.

  • @TonTon said:

    im having alot of fun! Survivor is alot more better now then the first iteration!

    2v8 round 2 is actually a lot better this time around for survivors able to get pallet and flash saves and the insane class ults is a comeback dream Medic ive gotten a 6 man heal, Guide you can pop an entire gen in seconds, Scout rebuilding strong pallets is a life saver!

    Survivors i think is on the right path to being a better experience in 2v8 and were escaping alot more then before cant wait to see the stats!

    the problem is it’s to easy for survivors. Especially if you’re going in a game with 3-6 of your buddies. I am a survivor and I am just finding it so boring as there is zero challenge in it. Now that players can redo pallets, 2 less gens it give the game to survivors. Can heal while in chase from buddies. You have to be really s**t if you are not escaping 9 times out of 10. Like I said I am survivor main but the killers are really up against it.

1 2 3 ›