Windows of Opportunity needs a nerf

There's a reason why every single survivor use this perk. You can't deny a perk is overpowered when it's part of every single build. When I play killer I automatically know they use it when they run me from pallet to pallet, which is almost all the time, and I assume people who don't have it didn't buy the survivor yet.

A simple range nerf would be enough, IMO this perk should help you find a path when you're being chased, not plan the chase for the 3 next minute with every obstacle of the map. Sure, you can argue "then give up the chase and go find someone else". But maybe you didn't read that every survivor use this perk.

Comments

  • @Chiky said:

    it's fun because when I play clown (my build is just blind perks) you can 100% tell who plays WOO and who doesnt by the way they just ran into walls when you blind them...

    The perk does need an activation time. "When you become injured, Windows of Opportunity activates it for 20/25/30 seconds."

    Sadly, survivor mains who can't play without training wheels will always complain and defend it so...

    In a ptb this year WoO had a cooldown, I guess it got a lot of pushaback

  • @Valimure said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3805129#Comment_3805129

    Yes, because seeing the auras of the things you're trying to patrol / protect and seeing every escape route available to you on the map are totally the same thing.

    It's clear you're incredibly biased. I'd recommend playing some killer matches so you can actually get some perspective.

    I used to play killer but I stopped because it has gotten too easy. When I first started playing I only played killer. I mean I didn't expect a 4k every game so maybe thats why I feel that way. Obviously once in awhile you will run into a super good squad that makes it difficult but I actually liked those games because then I could use any tactic to win without feeling bad. Most games I would purposely try to spread hooks and not slug or anything and I would still get 3 or 4k the majority of the time.

    I just don't understand this viewpoint that because windows is used so much that automatically means its too strong. It could also mean that its just something that should.be basekit like the generator auras for killer. Everyone seems to think that it would make the killers job way harder but I just don't think so. If I was wrong then they could buff killers to compensate. I just think that anything that narrows the disparity between solo que and swf is good for the health of the game. If somehow bringing solo que closer to the level of swf ends up making kill rates go down or something then they can buff killer to.bring it back up and the game will be in a better state overall. Just my opinion but people don't like change so they only see the negative side.

  • IDK I disagree. Its a crutch perk. If you spend enough time playing you learn the tiles and can visually know where all the vaults and pallets are. I have over 2500 hours and I still get thrown back after I've been using WoO for a bit too long. It's nice to have to not have to think about one more thing while in a chase but its nowhere near overpowered. Like I said, pure experience gives you the same information that the perk does. The perk also has the side effect of making you complacent if you use it for too long and then try to play a build that requires all four slots. You're honestly better off just not using it.

    TLDR: I believe that people thinking it needs a nerf is silly. Its a perk to help people learn the game but it honestly just becomes a crutch for most which is why its ran so much. Maybe its range can be reduced but I don't see it being at all necessary tbh.

  • @doobiedo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3804960#Comment_3804960

    Windows does not need to be nerfed it needs to be basekit (and able to be turned on or off) along with kindred. Whenever I say this everyone cries but I will die on that hill. Maybe I wouldn't think this if the maps weren't all being nerfed and the new maps completely killer sided. Sick of people saying windows takes away skill from the game, it does not, it just lets you know what resources you have available, not how to use them efficiently. Main reason I want this though is it will help narrow the gap between solo que and swf.

    windows helps noobs. killers just want easy stomps that's it. whats a person with 400h going to do vs a killer that has anti loop?

    Hell i got 700h and i can't loop at all and i use windows. at least with windows i can buy a few seconds for the team. So i agree it should be basekit.

  • I'd be up for the following: Whenever a pallet is dropped, its aura lights up for 0.5 seconds for all survs. Basekit.

    Windows gets some kind of nerf; idk, maybe a cooldown, maybe less range, maybe an activation condition, idk.

    Because the thing with Windows is: if you don't have the comms you can throw the game without knowing and without any way to stop it from happening. You just need to walk into a deadzone when there's a killer. That's literally all it takes to absolutely and completely turn the tables. And there is no way for a surv to know that from "traversing and observing" because you don't tail the chase all match or have any other way of knowing where chase is/has been from a distance.

    Windows can also be crutch — but the reason it should absolutely not be nerfed with how things are is that it is obligatory to have. Kinda similar to BT. It wasn't present in virtually all matches at least once because it was op, but it was necessary to make the game playable. Certain aspects of WoO are the same.

  • @Altan said:

    There's a reason why every single survivor use this perk. You can't deny a perk is overpowered when it's part of every single build. When I play killer I automatically know they use it when they run me from pallet to pallet, which is almost all the time, and I assume people who don't have it didn't buy the survivor yet.

    A simple range nerf would be enough, IMO this perk should help you find a path when you're being chased, not plan the chase for the 3 next minute with every obstacle of the map. Sure, you can argue "then give up the chase and go find someone else". But maybe you didn't read that every survivor use this perk.

    @ShanoaLegendaryPlz said:

    I remember playing a round as skull merchant pre-rework. And this swf brought me to the pallet factory(saw map). They all had windows of opportunity and complained that I made the round take too long meanwhile i had to break literaly every single pallet in the entire pallet factory to start getting hooks because they first thing theyd do is go straight for all the available pallets lol (i still won cuz she was broken at the time) but yea windows of opportunity on a swf abusing a pallet heavy map is something that could use a nerf

    but the swf would already know which pallets are broken because they're in a swf? Sounds like you just got a group of survs w/ friends that wanted to own a killer, because if they were good, they wouldn't have windows as a swf

  • @WitchWalpurga said:

    Thread No 599579347593 regarding windows.

    if something is overpowered because people use it often, then we have to nerf Pain-res, pop and corrupt as well, because 95% of games contain at least one or two of those.

    WoO is a tool to adjust for a lack of information. Learning every map-tile with every possible pallet spawn AND then not knowing if a teammate dropped it would be overkill for a game, where fun shuld be central and not everyone whants to play comp where i would argue that yu can expext that. As always: main argument is that you could still do that and thus, you are wasting a perkslot.

    THEY AREADY HAVE NERFED ALL OF THEM. It's telling of the state of the game that they are still used for being the only useful perks in thier niche

  • Windows is still picked a full 5% more often than Pain Resonance.

    Consider the fact that there's a 4:1 ratio of Survivors to Killers as well to compound that.

    But honestly, sure. I'd be fine with Pain Res getting a further nerf if it meant Windows actually got the cooldown or activation condition it needs.

  • People who say they're playing killer a lot and see no issue with WoO I wanna know what killer you main. Pyramid head hitting through walls? Or something that just murder you without effort from afar.

    Any killer who has to chase normally after survivors and doesn't have anything to counter someone going from palette to palette knows WoO is too strong right now, because people are just gen rushing all the time these days so you chase one, het gets you to like 2-3 palette, you go to another one, same thing, another one, same thing, and by then only 2 gens left already

    Which also make me think that with the amount of perk existing these days (I have 7 pages on survivor and still missing a lot), perk should be placed in categories, like "generator", "survival", "cooperation" or stuff like that and everyone, survivors and killers should be limited to 1 perk per category. Maybe people will start doing fun and creative build instead of the same copy/paste try hard one.

1 2 ›