Developers cater to the minority of their player base

Survivors vs Killer. 4v1. always 4x more people than killer experiencing any given match. THESE are the players you should be catering to. The people who experience MORE of the game should be getting the 60% escape rate. The justification I have seen around the 40/60 killrate-vs-escaperate is laughable, at best. "We want the killer to seem powerful and scary"... Then make the game more scary and fun? Don't balance the game to be less than 50/50? Why is it that the majority of the player base is experiencing losses more often than wins? This makes no sense to me. This is the only game I've ever experienced where I have put in 1000 hours and my win rate is still below 50% (and will remain so, because the developers coddle the killer player base). Please consider balancing for your majority player base and get those numbers closer to 60/40. If that is unacceptable and you still need to coddle to solo-players with a power complex, then at least make it 50/50.

This game has gotten exponentially less fun for survivors, unless you are coordinated and playing with a team. I have been playing for roughly 2 years and I am so sick of each update making killers more and more powerful with no addressing issues that have been plaguing the game forever. Gen rushing, tunneling, map balance, vault speed, heal speed, slugging, etc etc etc. Not addressing core issues like slugging and tunneling (and even hook camping, still (proxy)) seems to be blatant disregard for the fun and majority of the player base. These are issues that could be at least temporarily resolved with simply adjusting some numbers (such as base kit BT, Base kit unbreakable, and base kit kindred).

These issues are annoying enough for seasoned players, but the fact that perks like bond, unbreakable, and windows of opportunity are not base kit is horrible for new players as well. The amount of times I have tried to introduce a friend to this game only to play for OVER an hour and not get a single escape is not acceptable.

The game has gotten so unbelievably frustrating to play for survivors (but even killers, from some community members, I hear), especially with this new update. Weaving spiders is a joke and a horrible perk design, the double pallets and main building on the new map are horrible, and the new killer is incredibly overpowered (speed, teleporting, etc).

I know for a fact this post will be called out by a bunch of mid-ladder killers who feel the need to "win" every game. 1 kill and 2 kills isn't enough. Gotta get all 4 and then leave the last guy to bleed out on the ground while tea-bagging him... That's the thing, right??? Look - When the killer gets to "win", it's dynamic. It's subjective. You could feel good about getting 1 kill if it was a guy who was really good in chase. But with survivors, every person who doesn't get to escape is a real player who is experiencing a "loss".

The inability to guarantee yourself an escape no matter how good you are vs the ability to get at least 1 kill no matter how BAD you are, is stark and easily observed.

The easiest thing to speak to this is how decent killer players can get 50+ 3k/4k streaks in a row, but there is no way to guarantee a 50 (or even 10) streak with 3+ survivors escaping, even with SWF.

Fix this! Most killer players seem to have an ego and power complex issue. I feel as though they are likely being coddled simply because they are the "powerful" presence in the community. They are the ones who have (more of) the ability to be toxic, dictate the sportsmanship of the game, and be a demanding, loud, and uncooperative presence on the forums.

I totally understand this post has a lot of "us vs them" language, and a lot of visible frustration. While some of this may be me just venting my feelings and frustration as someone who has devoted a ton of time to this game, I do believe some of it is also a fair critique. I hope readers can pick and choose what they believe to be a valid critique rather than writing off the whole post/discussion simply because I've been the victim of some really horrible games tonight, and I'm frustrated with the game, lol.

Comments

  • @FunkadelicPeach said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3673964#Comment_3673964

    Not really. Killer players think they are super important but in reality they aren't (again, back to that ego/power complex thing. It's real!). They only need to make up 20% of the player base, and I think right now it's closer to 40-45% if the stats I read were correct (which they very well may not be. I'll admit). If some healthy changes to the game make some people pick up survivor instead of killer, that would be healthy for the game. Decreasing queue times and helping SBMM be more accurate.

    Believe me. If what you are asking was granted, you would only face Nurses, Blights and Weskers forever. People already prefer to pick survivor, specially when they have friends available to play with.

    Being new into this game is quite harsh but it is for both sides. Try to learn a new killer to see how MMR works: you will be facing the same survivors on your brand new killer as you face with a killer you have hundreds of hours.

    The SoloQ problem is quite deep and buffing survivors actions or simply giving them free perks will not solve the problem, unless survivors can face the killer in a 1v1 scenario, which differs completly from the assymetrical nature of this game.

    TIP: For everyone that wants to play survivor and is frustated in SoloQ, try to find some friends to play with. I assure you your experience playing will be a lot better.

  • You are not going to play if killers don't want to play, just saying...

  • @FunkadelicPeach said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3673949#Comment_3673949

    Lost 11 matches actually. 900hrs on survivor. I do think there is a "skill issue", to some extent (i am not the most incredible player out there. probably average). But that's kinda my point. The "average player"s experience as survivor has gotten worse, while killers have had their hand held through countless buffs, changes, and new introductions of mechanics. I just wish survivor (the majority of the playerbase) got the same treatment, like they used to!

    11 matches in a row is 100% skill issue. Period. And i would guess that you're below average if you're having that kind of experience. I have similar hours to you, I'd wager my mmr is a bit higher, I'm still averaging near 40% escapes. Maybe you could try new builds?

    I play both sides, and my experience is that the game is severely survivor sided. Killer is way more frustrating. I do have painful survivor matches but more than not its due to being solo q and having bad team mates. When I'm matched with good survivors it's pretty much a guaranteed escape , and the killer is going to have a bad time.


    There have been a lot of survivor nerfs, only because the role is that extremely busted. Dead hard, infinite loops, insta blinds, the game has a long history of being survivor sided. Even currently, for the people+buckle up is allowed to exist. It's insane. It's why I play survivor more than killer now, it's just less frustrating.

  • @FunkadelicPeach said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3674055#Comment_3674055

    While I do understand where you are coming from, I think the "you're* lucky to have 40% win rate as a survivor" is not a healthy statement for the longevity and community of the game. This is textbook patronizing and condescending language. Why do you feel survivors are "lucky" to have 40%? Don't you agree that "balanced' would mean 50/50 on both sides? My personal opinion (as stated in the post) is that survivors should ideally be slightly more catered to, since that would mean more players are having a positive experience, in any given game.

    Lastly, you listed off a few survivor-objectives that you seem to have a negative opinion of. Why shouldn't survivors be able to do totems, self heals, rifts, objectives, etc? Shouldn't we be encouraging more playstyles rather than just "m1 on generator"? It'd be cool for survivors to be able to experiment with different gameplay like this without it being excruciatingly punishing for the rest of the players in the match. Especially with newer players who are still trying to figure the game out and will likely spend more time cleansing, exploring, hiding, etc. These are valid playstyles, even if they aren't yours (or mine, either, lmfao).

    What do you think? Interested to hear more, of course

    First paragraph response: Survivors are lucky to have a 40% win rate because of the many ways they can AND WILL THROW. You cannot factor game throwing behavior endorsed by the game itself in to balance. "Balanced" would mean 50% if people weren't throwing the game. You don't balance towards one group because they are the majority and we have seen how that turns out in REAL LIFE hundreds of times. Survivors had a 47% win rate in DH(god validation), IW, UB and CoH(Prime 100%) meta. How in the world can we expect survivors to be balanced around 50% win rate when they can't achieve 50% when their only competitors were 4 killers on equal skill level? Keep in mind that the killer queue was 1/4th to 1/10th or potentially 1/20th of survivor queue at that time. Survivor was generally more powerful no doubt, but the average killer was doomed vs human survivors. I don't have any empathy for survivors or killers. Survivors don't play to win and killers play like bots to the point of disgust.

    Second paragraph response: The survivor objectives you mention are not progressing the game. Cleansing totems with no purpose is throwing the game. Self care standalone(non med-kit or a build centered around it) is throwing the game. Rifts are out of game bonuses that end up just throwing the game. You call them "playstyles" but they are still just pressing the m1 button anyway. At some point you have to consider playing the game properly more than the "side objectives" that aren't really side objectives because they only put you at a disadvantage for doing them.

    Could side objectives be more worthwhile? Yes. Could we limit the ways in which survivors could single handedly decide the games a loss? Yes.

    Survivors hinder themselves more than killers, that doesn't mean pop+PR+2perks on a competent killers player isn't op. I'm just saying if every single survivor player went into each game trying and without options to instantly throw the game they would be at 45%-50% instantly.

    You lost a game because the kate booned 2 times for 0 reason and you think that's ok? You think that ash cleasing 3 totems in one game(so they did 1/2 a gen) is fine? You think it's fine to win a game after the first survivor to go down gives up on hook(leaves the game without penalty)? I want it to be a 50/50 but survivor players aren't actually trying.

    BTW I am a survivor main for the last year. I hated how survivors acted when I mained killer and it's even worse as a survivor.

    Personally I want my teamates to try and very much so at least know what to do or CARE what to do. A part of survivor is coinflip but it gets so bad one person insta loses you the game on purpose regardless of whether they understand or not.

    You don't have a problem with what I said you have a problem with the current game design for survivors.

    Edit: Killer being a power role is worthless to me, it's a gimmick created by the horror fanatics' that make up the player base. I don't want to win for free, but survivor's don't get to be buffed to an absurd degree just because 33% of survivors aren't playing to win.

  • @FunkadelicPeach said:

    Survivors vs Killer. 4v1. always 4x more people than killer experiencing any given match. THESE are the players you should be catering to. The people who experience MORE of the game should be getting the 60% escape rate. The justification I have seen around the 40/60 killrate-vs-escaperate is laughable, at best. "We want the killer to seem powerful and scary"... Then make the game more scary and fun? Don't balance the game to be less than 50/50? Why is it that the majority of the player base is experiencing losses more often than wins? This makes no sense to me. This is the only game I've ever experienced where I have put in 1000 hours and my win rate is still below 50% (and will remain so, because the developers coddle the killer player base). Please consider balancing for your majority player base and get those numbers closer to 60/40. If that is unacceptable and you still need to coddle to solo-players with a power complex, then at least make it 50/50.

    This game has gotten exponentially less fun for survivors, unless you are coordinated and playing with a team. I have been playing for roughly 2 years and I am so sick of each update making killers more and more powerful with no addressing issues that have been plaguing the game forever. Gen rushing, tunneling, map balance, vault speed, heal speed, slugging, etc etc etc. Not addressing core issues like slugging and tunneling (and even hook camping, still (proxy)) seems to be blatant disregard for the fun and majority of the player base. These are issues that could be at least temporarily resolved with simply adjusting some numbers (such as base kit BT, Base kit unbreakable, and base kit kindred).

    These issues are annoying enough for seasoned players, but the fact that perks like bond, unbreakable, and windows of opportunity are not base kit is horrible for new players as well. The amount of times I have tried to introduce a friend to this game only to play for OVER an hour and not get a single escape is not acceptable.

    The game has gotten so unbelievably frustrating to play for survivors (but even killers, from some community members, I hear), especially with this new update. Weaving spiders is a joke and a horrible perk design, the double pallets and main building on the new map are horrible, and the new killer is incredibly overpowered (speed, teleporting, etc).

    I know for a fact this post will be called out by a bunch of mid-ladder killers who feel the need to "win" every game. 1 kill and 2 kills isn't enough. Gotta get all 4 and then leave the last guy to bleed out on the ground while tea-bagging him... That's the thing, right??? Look - When the killer gets to "win", it's dynamic. It's subjective. You could feel good about getting 1 kill if it was a guy who was really good in chase. But with survivors, every person who doesn't get to escape is a real player who is experiencing a "loss".

    The inability to guarantee yourself an escape no matter how good you are vs the ability to get at least 1 kill no matter how BAD you are, is stark and easily observed.

    The easiest thing to speak to this is how decent killer players can get 50+ 3k/4k streaks in a row, but there is no way to guarantee a 50 (or even 10) streak with 3+ survivors escaping, even with SWF.

    Fix this! Most killer players seem to have an ego and power complex issue. I feel as though they are likely being coddled simply because they are the "powerful" presence in the community. They are the ones who have (more of) the ability to be toxic, dictate the sportsmanship of the game, and be a demanding, loud, and uncooperative presence on the forums.

    I totally understand this post has a lot of "us vs them" language, and a lot of visible frustration. While some of this may be me just venting my feelings and frustration as someone who has devoted a ton of time to this game, I do believe some of it is also a fair critique. I hope readers can pick and choose what they believe to be a valid critique rather than writing off the whole post/discussion simply because I've been the victim of some really horrible games tonight, and I'm frustrated with the game, lol.

    I feel disrespected as survivor by all the agressive nerfs we got and all the useless survivor perks we’ve been getting. also I think it is really unfair that we only have 39% chance of winning

  • @Xernoton said:

    We've been there, tried that and it didn't work out.

    Back in 2021 we had a time when pretty much nobody wanted to play killer and yet many survivors still weren't happy. And the kill rates weren't that bad either. The queue times for survivors back then however were 10+ minutes (almost all day iirc) but the killer queue times weren't longer than 10 seconds.

    Those were the days. Us poor killers. 😮‍💨

  • @FunkadelicPeach said:

    Survivors vs Killer. 4v1. always 4x more people than killer experiencing any given match. THESE are the players you should be catering to. The people who experience MORE of the game should be getting the 60% escape rate. The justification I have seen around the 40/60 killrate-vs-escaperate is laughable, at best. "We want the killer to seem powerful and scary"... Then make the game more scary and fun? Don't balance the game to be less than 50/50? Why is it that the majority of the player base is experiencing losses more often than wins? This makes no sense to me. This is the only game I've ever experienced where I have put in 1000 hours and my win rate is still below 50% (and will remain so, because the developers coddle the killer player base). Please consider balancing for your majority player base and get those numbers closer to 60/40. If that is unacceptable and you still need to coddle to solo-players with a power complex, then at least make it 50/50.

    This game has gotten exponentially less fun for survivors, unless you are coordinated and playing with a team. I have been playing for roughly 2 years and I am so sick of each update making killers more and more powerful with no addressing issues that have been plaguing the game forever. Gen rushing, tunneling, map balance, vault speed, heal speed, slugging, etc etc etc. Not addressing core issues like slugging and tunneling (and even hook camping, still (proxy)) seems to be blatant disregard for the fun and majority of the player base. These are issues that could be at least temporarily resolved with simply adjusting some numbers (such as base kit BT, Base kit unbreakable, and base kit kindred).

    These issues are annoying enough for seasoned players, but the fact that perks like bond, unbreakable, and windows of opportunity are not base kit is horrible for new players as well. The amount of times I have tried to introduce a friend to this game only to play for OVER an hour and not get a single escape is not acceptable.

    The game has gotten so unbelievably frustrating to play for survivors (but even killers, from some community members, I hear), especially with this new update. Weaving spiders is a joke and a horrible perk design, the double pallets and main building on the new map are horrible, and the new killer is incredibly overpowered (speed, teleporting, etc).

    I know for a fact this post will be called out by a bunch of mid-ladder killers who feel the need to "win" every game. 1 kill and 2 kills isn't enough. Gotta get all 4 and then leave the last guy to bleed out on the ground while tea-bagging him... That's the thing, right??? Look - When the killer gets to "win", it's dynamic. It's subjective. You could feel good about getting 1 kill if it was a guy who was really good in chase. But with survivors, every person who doesn't get to escape is a real player who is experiencing a "loss".

    The inability to guarantee yourself an escape no matter how good you are vs the ability to get at least 1 kill no matter how BAD you are, is stark and easily observed.

    The easiest thing to speak to this is how decent killer players can get 50+ 3k/4k streaks in a row, but there is no way to guarantee a 50 (or even 10) streak with 3+ survivors escaping, even with SWF.

    Fix this! Most killer players seem to have an ego and power complex issue. I feel as though they are likely being coddled simply because they are the "powerful" presence in the community. They are the ones who have (more of) the ability to be toxic, dictate the sportsmanship of the game, and be a demanding, loud, and uncooperative presence on the forums.

    I totally understand this post has a lot of "us vs them" language, and a lot of visible frustration. While some of this may be me just venting my feelings and frustration as someone who has devoted a ton of time to this game, I do believe some of it is also a fair critique. I hope readers can pick and choose what they believe to be a valid critique rather than writing off the whole post/discussion simply because I've been the victim of some really horrible games tonight, and I'm frustrated with the game, lol.

    This is still relevant! BHVR is still catering to the killer base, and has officially made it to where the majority of their player base (which are survivors) still have no perk to counter tunneling — unless you count that ONE that slaps the obsession on them and can only be used once the entire match? I still don't understand why we cannot use DS as many times as DH.

    Usually new killers take some time to learn how to counter and such, but Ghoul has sparked the end of solo que for me. I fear that the Krasue will be the same for others — Why do we need another S-tier killer when we have neglected killers ready to be fixed up? Why not do an overhaul and make survivors unique as well?

    Another idea is to create an emphasis (or a reward) on any kill rather than glorifying the 4k.

    +Make it more rewarding to get hook states rather than tunneling out one person. +Make teamwork more rewarding than hiding out for hatch.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @thedeafmime said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/407825/developers-cater-to-the-minority-of-their-player-base

    This is still relevant! BHVR is still catering to the killer base, and has officially made it to where the majority of their player base (which are survivors) still have no perk to counter tunneling — unless you count that ONE that slaps the obsession on them and can only be used once the entire match? I still don't understand why we cannot use DS as many times as DH.

    Usually new killers take some time to learn how to counter and such, but Ghoul has sparked the end of solo que for me. I fear that the Krasue will be the same for others — Why do we need another S-tier killer when we have neglected killers ready to be fixed up? Why not do an overhaul and make survivors unique as well?

    Another idea is to create an emphasis (or a reward) on any kill rather than glorifying the 4k.

    +Make it more rewarding to get hook states rather than tunneling out one person. +Make teamwork more rewarding than hiding out for hatch.

    Unless you have numbers, I would assume the majority of the player base play both roles. Maybe not equally, but still play both roles regularly.

  • OP thinks killers are the 20% minority when the real split is closer to 40/60 if not 50/50.

    OP also thinks devs are playing favourites with sides instead of dumbing down the game for casual players on either end.

    cute.

  • I feel like a lot of problems with the game come from the devs being obsessed with band-aid fixes, instead of tackling the real problems. They love to tackle symptoms, but not the actual disease. Which just aggravates problems in the long run.

    • long ago they proclaimed tunneling and camping as "valid strategies". Huge, huge mistake. There's so much resentment in the survivor playerbase built up because of suffering from tunneling and camping - which causes DC-ing for any little thing. Tunneling and camping should have been viewed as problems since long ago, and should have been solved by now. Which includes buffing/adjusting killers so they don't feel like they have to resort to tunneling etc.
    • DC-ing "for no apparent reason" happens because of built up resentment. It's a symptom, of a disease, the disease being: tunneling, camping, slugging, killers you can't do anything about unless you're a god survivor player (nurse, blight), and as of recent: Kaneki being obnoxious to play against. Adding the go-next prevention just aggravated things. It's become "either you sit down while forced to suffer, or you DC and/or uninstall the game". Horrible. Meanwhile, this patch failed to bring the promised relief to survivors: anti-tunnel, anti-camp.
    • MMR. And mostly, MMR being based on escapes/kills, which are not indicative of someone's skills. You can get free kills by camping. You can get free escapes by ratting. Wrong basis for MMR from the start. In my opinion, chase is the only thing indicative of someone's skills. Chase time. How long can you last in chase / how quickly you can end a chase. It needs to be adjusted for different killers, but this is the only true indicative of how good someone is.
    • Lobby Dodging. Oh my god, why are they not addressing this already? They removed a really fun thing (the ability to see others' prestiges in lobbies), with the excuse that this caused lobby dodging. Wrong, wrong, wrong. This only removed fun. People keep dodging left and right. Without penalties. And then you get a ton of matches where people are in lobbies that don't fit their skills (whether stronger or weaker, opponent or teammate). This messes with the MMR too much.
    • bridging the gap between solo Q and SWFs. Why is this happening sooooo slowly? These are the changes that only serve to give solo Q a lot of info that SWFs with comms already have. And the lesser this gap is, the easier it is to balance the game. Why do we still not have the anti-facecamp meter indicator for every survivor teammate? Why can't we still see our teammates' perks, and realize they have fast healing, or Shoulder the Burden, or Decisive Strike? We need that info for effective team gameplay.

    Remember when BHVR nerfed Billy's engravings (prior to his rework), because of the symptom being: most Billy players just using those 2 addons? The devs saw something (that was a symptom), proclaimed it as a problem/cause, and nerfed the addons. When in fact, that was the symptom, a symptom of other Billy addons being bad or subpar, and Billy being weak in general, to the point where he arguably needed the addons to be a decent killer. This was the cause/problem. This is what needed to be tackled. And thankfully, they have managed to do it eventually.

  • @PleaseRewind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4006932#Comment_4006932

    Unless you have numbers, I would assume the majority of the player base play both roles. Maybe not equally, but still play both roles regularly.

    Ok, but what about the rest of the post?

  • @Xord said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4006932#Comment_4006932

    I mean, I disagree with the solution being Perks (especially perks that are hidden behind a paywall), but yes, this problem is very much clear as day.

    They just had released on the PTB a patch that was asked from the community for years and has been promised by the devs over 2 years ago.

    And then they refused to make it live because a few killers cried about it. Literally, there were no debates, no polls, no outrage, just a few killers cried about it and the team didn't release it.


    Obviously I'm not saying either side should get screwed, I'm saying they should have made small changes and released it live and worked from there. There's no point even thinking about balance before the hard-tunneling meta is adressed.

    I agree that neither side should be screwed. I’m not asking to go back to the days when all 4 survivors can escape hatch with 1 gen left. That was awful. Now that you say that about polls and debates, I don’t recall seeing anything either.

    This is what exactly what I’m arguing for. There needs to be higher rewards for not tunneling! there’s a reason it exists, and those issues need to be addressed. However, while perks are not the greatest solution to tunneling - i think they can be for anti-slugging. I find slugging a better way to play around. Just my opinion on slugging - i don’t care too much about that.

  • >Most killer players seem to have an ego and power complex issue. I feel as though they are likely being coddled simply because they are the "powerful" presence in the community. They are the ones who have (more of) the ability to be toxic, dictate the sportsmanship of the game, and be a demanding, loud, and uncooperative presence on the forums.

    I am going to have to respectfully disagree, friend.

  • @FunkadelicPeach said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3674011#Comment_3674011

    I think I understand the point you are trying to make? Yes - There are definitely a lot of killers who will try to get a "W" by any means necessary, even if it means toxic and unfun playstyles. I don't think this is every killer though (we don't have 100% of the killer base playing nurse with iri-add-ons, lol). Seems to be anecdotal. Most of my issues with the game right now are direct faults of developers action to cater to the minority of their playerbase. It'd be cool if there was a culture shift and recognizing that this is unhealthy for the longevity of the game.

    Uhhh we don't have everyone playing Nurse with iri add-ons because the game literally fosters no-skill wins so there's no reason to when Nurse takes more skill than any of the last five Killers that have released combined. As we can see by the playerbase, they will do whatever is the easiest and most rewarding, no matter what.

  • A year has passed and this post is still truer than ever

  • @Alen_Starkly said:

    I feel like a lot of problems with the game come from the devs being obsessed with band-aid fixes, instead of tackling the real problems. They love to tackle symptoms, but not the actual disease. Which just aggravates problems in the long run.

    • long ago they proclaimed tunneling and camping as "valid strategies". Huge, huge mistake. There's so much resentment in the survivor playerbase built up because of suffering from tunneling and camping - which causes DC-ing for any little thing. Tunneling and camping should have been viewed as problems since long ago, and should have been solved by now. Which includes buffing/adjusting killers so they don't feel like they have to resort to tunneling etc.
    • DC-ing "for no apparent reason" happens because of built up resentment. It's a symptom, of a disease, the disease being: tunneling, camping, slugging, killers you can't do anything about unless you're a god survivor player (nurse, blight), and as of recent: Kaneki being obnoxious to play against. Adding the go-next prevention just aggravated things. It's become "either you sit down while forced to suffer, or you DC and/or uninstall the game". Horrible. Meanwhile, this patch failed to bring the promised relief to survivors: anti-tunnel, anti-camp.
    • MMR. And mostly, MMR being based on escapes/kills, which are not indicative of someone's skills. You can get free kills by camping. You can get free escapes by ratting. Wrong basis for MMR from the start. In my opinion, chase is the only thing indicative of someone's skills. Chase time. How long can you last in chase / how quickly you can end a chase. It needs to be adjusted for different killers, but this is the only true indicative of how good someone is.
    • Lobby Dodging. Oh my god, why are they not addressing this already? They removed a really fun thing (the ability to see others' prestiges in lobbies), with the excuse that this caused lobby dodging. Wrong, wrong, wrong. This only removed fun. People keep dodging left and right. Without penalties. And then you get a ton of matches where people are in lobbies that don't fit their skills (whether stronger or weaker, opponent or teammate). This messes with the MMR too much.
    • bridging the gap between solo Q and SWFs. Why is this happening sooooo slowly? These are the changes that only serve to give solo Q a lot of info that SWFs with comms already have. And the lesser this gap is, the easier it is to balance the game. Why do we still not have the anti-facecamp meter indicator for every survivor teammate? Why can't we still see our teammates' perks, and realize they have fast healing, or Shoulder the Burden, or Decisive Strike? We need that info for effective team gameplay.

    Remember when BHVR nerfed Billy's engravings (prior to his rework), because of the symptom being: most Billy players just using those 2 addons? The devs saw something (that was a symptom), proclaimed it as a problem/cause, and nerfed the addons. When in fact, that was the symptom, a symptom of other Billy addons being bad or subpar, and Billy being weak in general, to the point where he arguably needed the addons to be a decent killer. This was the cause/problem. This is what needed to be tackled. And thankfully, they have managed to do it eventually.

    I agree with everything except the Lobby Dodging/Prestige point.  There was nothing "wrong" with removing Prestiges from pre-game lobbies.  The amount of lobby dodging I've seen due to visible Prestige was insane, and Mandy confirmed that they had seen a decrease in dodging during the testing phase (when they released the Prestige removal to only a fraction of the players).  And even when people didn't dodge, the Killer would relentlessly tunnel the P100 Survivor.  There have also been countless comments on the forum from Killers admitting that they would sweat their hardest against P100's, and/or wanting Prestiges to be kept so they knew who to dodge.  So hiding Prestige in the pre-game lobby was absolutely the correct move here.

  • The reality is that you cannot just cater to one side, because it will create an obvious imbalance. Sure, more survivors are needed for a match, but if you cater too much to them, it will lead to less killer players, and that will affect queue times. Same thing applies in the opposite scenario.

1 2 ›