Have BHVR devs ruined DBD for survivors?

Does it seem as a solo survivor, that you're losing almost every game right now?

Honest question, not trying to make a point etc. I'm noticing in every match I play killer, I'm usually able to kill 2-3 people every time. Hardly sweating it just seems to be easy-ish...

When I play survivor, it seems the team mates I'm with are struggling to maintain a single chase for longer than 8-10 seconds. My MMR is in the top level bracket - just shy of 4k hours (but played since DBD inception back in 2016).

With the consistent middle finger to survivors (removing MFT, stopping gen regression, mangled/haemorrhage changes etc) and buffs for killers (5% gen regression, consistent perk increases, STBFL maintaining its impact even after nerf etc), and with even more buffs coming in this current PTB for killers (blight getting extra bounce on his amazing addon etc), how are people finding it?

I'm just seeking numbers/experience of those gamers who play this game frequently since the changes - have you found it harder to play survivor or easier/same - and do killers find it easier to kill people?

Do you miss the old DH/DS combo, like... that was the peak of game enjoyment right? or was it miserable for killers - or do Killers miss that?

Comments

  • @catnip18 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3653907#Comment_3653907

    I literally stopped playing killer because if I put in literally any effort I had a 90% kill rate. I'd frequently play while watching tv in order to get it closer to 75%. Its braindead easy even after 4king 50 games in a row to try and boost my mmr. Maybe you're just bad?

    That's another issue with making killer so strong. I think BHVR thinks that if killers can get 3 or 4k most matches it makes the game more fun for killers, but for me it's the opposite. It doesn't feel rewarding to win as killer because I know the game is "balanced" to make killers win and hold their hand. If killer had more challenge I would play it more.

  • yes, they have been killing survivor rapidly each new update, you new here?

  • It's gotten worse in my opinion. Solo queue has always had horrible mess ups that's just part and parcel of solo queuing which I accepted long ago.

    The tightening of MMR has, in my opinion, been one of the major factors in causing this situation as MMR encourages meta tactics more and more the more it is tightened. As it's only based on kills and escapes most Killers don't even try to play around but bring tons of gen regression and tunnel as that's the most efficient way to 4K.

    I'm not criticizing the players that do so as games are so fast paced, another side effect of tightening up MMR, that increases tunneling as a way to slow down games. However, if BHVR is going to take measures that have the side effect of increasing tunneling they need to change something so that survivors have more ways to avoid being tunneled.

    I'd prefer a rework that incentivizes spreading hooks but, until that happens, DS should be reverted to 5 seconds and occur on both hooks to help reduce the incidence of tunneling.

  • I don't think it's "ruined", though I do think certain killers are a bit broken for solo's -- like Skull Merchant, or Sadoka with the best add on's and perks to accompany. Mostly it feels about 50-50 for me. Win some, lose some.

    What I hope is BHVR actually maintains balance and doesn't over favor one side or the other. Survivors haven't gotten much lately that isn't lack luster perk wise. Sometimes it feels like they nerf things for the sake of it being strong as well; to shake up the meta or quail complaints. Curious to see what they do to Adrenaline, since I can't see how it's OP -- one time use perk that you have to make it to end game for it to be useful. There are ones I agreed with though, like old DS, where there wasn't much you could do to avoid it without waiting out a minute.

  • @mecca said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3653839#Comment_3653839

    I hope you are joking.

    That experience doesn't align to the majority.

    Of course they are joking lol

  • Just quit playing to escape and just meme on the killer that's all you can do in solo q these days there's really no point in trying unless you want a game that is going to make you burn out from sweating.

  • @sinkra said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3663744#Comment_3663744

    If these survivor perks were so overpowered then it would show in the stats right? Yet the data says the kill rate back then was around 50%, which by defintion is much more balanced than now. It seems like anything that could give a challenge to killers is seen as problematic by killer mains and the devs. Survivors are just supposed to flop over and be fodder for a killer's fun.

    Why do you think it's ok for a perk to make someone run equal speed to the killer?

    They don't show in the stats because 110 speed killers aren't very popular, but there shouldn't be a perk that completely neuters them just by having it.

  • @Lit said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3663744#Comment_3663744

    I didn't say it was or wasn't a problem - Just to note though, don't forget almost all killers are faster than survivors even with MFT and it's 3% speed. I rarely saw top MMR killers struggle against MFT if I'm honest, but that's separate to the point I was trying to convey. MFT was in the game for like what... 2 months? so time to remove... ok.

    I'm suggesting that Devs look at survivor perks and are like, "hey lets just gut it completely" -... DS, DH, MFT, and on the cards Adrenaline (the last remaining "good perk" imo which only activated once and you have to get to end game)... Yes 4 players running Adren sucks that's fair. But it takes a while to get there...

    What I'm suggesting with the statement of "consistent tent middle finger to survivors" is the aforementioned perks for survivors get ripped apart whilst killer perks like STBFL stayed untouched for years, and even when it's changed its like... the smallest change. Here we are with Ultimate Weapon still months away from being reviewed (strong perk for me).

    Thana wasn't nerfed for years and was overbearing on at least 4 killers - it was a poorly designed perk for legion/plague - that's it. The rest didn't matter. And yes... months away from sloppy being reworked... that should have been fixed ages ago.

    How often do I 3 gen as killer... only when the survivors made it so.. like they did the gens on one side of the map so I would take advantage of it... But the 5% / gen tap removal has been big for me so it's even better (i.e. buff to killer, nerf to survivor).

    I would have to kick 3 gens 24 times to get blocked out of my 3 gen... killers only doing that if they're sweating.

    Question then, how many have seen the gens blocked (by the killers own doing) since the change. When I play survivor, I've only ever seen a blocked gen for a killer (8 kicks) maybe once since it was implemented. But I've certainly seen a killer benefit from the 5% and gen tap at least 100 times.

    1. What is your issue with STBFL, a perk that is useless on high-tiers and good on low-tiers?
    2. I hit the gen kick limit every game if I run surge or eruption
    3. Even at max stacks, thana was just a little bit of slowdown. 16% isn't a lot.
  • They want the game to be easy for killers and hardcore for survivors because most of the popular streamers are killer mains. BHVR listens to their every word, just look at how OTZ wanted them to release stats and they immediately replied to him and did it the next day. Those killer mains want 3 or 4k every game to make their streams more entertaining for viewers. Survivors are just supposed to be cannon fodder for killers' entertainment.

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3660337#Comment_3660337

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3659132#Comment_3659132

    I don’t think it’s fair that newbie survivors take the blame for terrible games, or that veteran players avoid them. The prestige 4 Meg with a mask may have a killer who lobby shopped until they found her lobby (quite likely). Newbies need space to learn but can’t learn if they’ve got a killer who lobby shopped for an easy game turbo tunneling them at 5 gens. I understand you both to be frustrated with subpar teammates but I think it’s important to shift the blame where it rightfully belongs. That isn’t on newbies

    We are- we place the blame on Matchmaking for prioritizing shorter que times over quality matches. Doing the opposite would minimize the desire to lobby dodge/shop.

  • I've found it fairly easy as a survivor even as solo queue unless it's vs a nurse/blight/legion. If the other people are also solo, then we might be in trouble, but if I'm the odd one out, I can hold my own and work with the team just fine. I do mostly play killer, to be transparent, but I do my fair share of survivor, as well. It's just fun being that solo queue survivor that ends up being a team player to the surprise of those 2 or 3 man swfs.

  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3663689#Comment_3663689

    We are- we place the blame on Matchmaking for prioritizing shorter que times over quality matches. Doing the opposite would minimize the desire to lobby dodge/shop.

    The blame isn’t on matchmaking; it’s on players who tailor a specific experience for themselves by lobby shopping. And that still isn’t really something survivors do easily, unlike… killers.

  • I used to play whichever side had the bp bonus and I stopped doing that and went back to being a killer main. Solo games are horrid, would much rather play bubba or the new billy.

  • @mecca said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3653839#Comment_3653839

    I hope you are joking.

    That experience doesn't align to the majority.

    Ignore this person^ they are the most survivor biased individual on the forum :).

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3668211#Comment_3668211

    The blame isn’t on matchmaking; it’s on players who tailor a specific experience for themselves by lobby shopping. And that still isn’t really something survivors do easily, unlike… killers.

    My first two posts (especially my first) place blame on the matchmaking. I already stated in my first post I am not a fan of lobby dodging. Fix the matchmaking so mid-tier players can play with similar skilled teammates and killers. New players who ragequit when they get put up against 3K+ hour killers are not learning anything, and it’s not fair for mid-tier teammates having to endure both type of players in the same trial. I shouldn’t be subjected to both, especially when the old ranking system was more consistent with fairer matches. I rather wait 10 mins to get into a game with every single player having similar skill on both sides, as opposed to getting into a lobby within 2 mins, only to have masked meg in default clothes be my teammate to face off against Flaming hot Cheetos on the keyboard, Blight. Then she kills herself on first hook out of frustration, because it’s her third Lethal Pursuer user in a row who’s downed her within the first minute. Yea, she’s learning alright…

    Blame is on the matchmaking.

  • You mean all the survivors handholding they added so they don't need as much skill, learn and improve anymore? 100%.

  • To me, as solo player the games seems too set against me for my taste. The thrill for me always came from the thrill of avoiding the killer (while doing the objectives, i just prefered stealth to chases) and the chance to escape. Stealth is so heavily nerfed it doesnt matter anymore, and the chances to escape are so slim that i really dont want to load up the game as survivor anymore.

    Killer on the other hand has become so easy that even i as an average killer get way more 4ks than losses, and most matches are chilled, too, because you mostly have the upper hand. Problem is, you either get teams above your skill. where you cant keep up, or you get teams that are so easy it gets boring.

  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3668549#Comment_3668549

    My first two posts (especially my first) place blame on the matchmaking. I already stated in my first post I am not a fan of lobby dodging. Fix the matchmaking so mid-tier players can play with similar skilled teammates and killers. New players who ragequit when they get put up against 3K+ hour killers are not learning anything, and it’s not fair for mid-tier teammates having to endure both type of players in the same trial. I shouldn’t be subjected to both, especially when the old ranking system was more consistent with fairer matches. I rather wait 10 mins to get into a game with every single player having similar skill on both sides, as opposed to getting into a lobby within 2 mins, only to have masked meg in default clothes be my teammate to face off against Flaming hot Cheetos on the keyboard, Blight. Then she kills herself on first hook out of frustration, because it’s her third Lethal Pursuer user in a row who’s downed her within the first minute. Yea, she’s learning alright…

    Blame is on the matchmaking.

    Matchmaking still has to work with what’s available. While most people fall into low to mid MMR, killers specifically have a much easier time artificially increasing their MMR, whereas survivors have a much harder time doing this. So when a killer sees a lobby they perceive to be difficult (high prestige survivors, certain cosmetics/names/items), they’ll abandon that lobby and leave it to be backfilled by someone else. And when this happens multiple times—because it does—in a single lobby that’s when you’ve got inexperienced players facing experienced players. Matchmaking does not account for backfilling or lobby shopping. The problem isn’t matchmaking per se; it’s people warping it by ######### up lobbies. I could ask you, what about matchmaking makes it the problem? And you’d have to admit it doesn’t work because of lobby shopping.

  • They surely did. Survivors don't have a single perk or 4 meta perks that is nearly close to strength to a killer meta build.

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3668611#Comment_3668611

    Matchmaking still has to work with what’s available. While most people fall into low to mid MMR, killers specifically have a much easier time artificially increasing their MMR, whereas survivors have a much harder time doing this. So when a killer sees a lobby they perceive to be difficult (high prestige survivors, certain cosmetics/names/items), they’ll abandon that lobby and leave it to be backfilled by someone else. And when this happens multiple times—because it does—in a single lobby that’s when you’ve got inexperienced players facing experienced players. Matchmaking does not account for backfilling or lobby shopping. The problem isn’t matchmaking per se; it’s people warping it by ######### up lobbies. I could ask you, what about matchmaking makes it the problem? And you’d have to admit it doesn’t work because of lobby shopping.

    I think certain killers while professing lobby dodging is a problem like the control over their games it allows them to have. It's also why their solution often involves nerfs to gen speed to slow the game down , so they basically still have control on how to play out the match. If they see the survivors are bonobos they can adjust accordingly, and if they are playing against sweaty survivors they might have more of a chance to adjust, but they don't wanna allow this much control to survivors and it's why they don't like the idea of survivors knowing. The want the flexinility without giving the other aide anything in return and think survivors shouldn't have control over anything.

1 2 3 ›