ETA on Killer Bots?

One of my most anticipated features tbh assuming it isn't a disaster.


Seems like a much better experience than playing against most killers these days.


Have they said anything recently on the topic?

Comments

  • @Starrseed said:

    whats eta?

    Estimated Time of Arrival.

  • I don't think they have announced they are working on such a project. Source?

  • if i remember correctly there are files for killer bots within the game that hackers used for those terminator bots. im guessing its still a wip since bots didn't fully work during that time.

  • unless they ignore their power i dont think it will happen, based on the footage from that one hacker, Killers like wraith or Sadako wont work well.

  • I don't think they'll ever do it, at least not for every killer. I would think it would be too much work to code A.I. for every killer, it takes them forever just to do a rework.

  • @Emeal said:

    I don't think they have announced they are working on such a project. Source?

    They said it quite some time ago that Killer Bots are planned, but it will take time to implement. I cannot find the statement tho.


    @Topic:

    I hope it is scrapped. When a Killer DCs the match ends and I would rather queue for a new match than being stuck with a Killer Bot. Given how the Survivor Bots play, you cannot really expect much from a Killer Bot and it will probably an easy win at this point without any real challenge.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3650057#Comment_3650057

    They said it quite some time ago that Killer Bots are planned, but it will take time to implement. I cannot find the statement tho.

    @Topic:

    I hope it is scrapped. When a Killer DCs the match ends and I would rather queue for a new match than being stuck with a Killer Bot. Given how the Survivor Bots play, you cannot really expect much from a Killer Bot and it will probably an easy win at this point without any real challenge.

    Oh idc about dc replacement I just want to play custom games alone to actually try strats and builds without worrying about bruising someone's ego and getting slugged for four mins.

  • I'm sure the trapper would work considering he essentially the tutorial.

  • @WolfyWood said:

    One of my most anticipated features tbh assuming it isn't a disaster.

    Seems like a much better experience than playing against most killers these days.

    Have they said anything recently on the topic?

    I would LOVE to plat against killer bots, much rather do that then play solo q, 100%

  • @KA149108 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/405385/eta-on-killer-bots

    I would LOVE to plat against killer bots, much rather do that then play solo q, 100%

    I agree.

  • I don't know why they haven't at least added a Trapper bot. I don't know the first thing about coding video game A.I., but I imagine he has the simplest power to implement.

    Even a Trapper bot would be scary to face. Survivor bots are looping gods so I don't see why a Killer bot would be any different. You'd never win a mind game.

  • @tjt85 said:

    I don't know why they haven't at least added a Trapper bot. I don't know the first thing about coding video game A.I., but I imagine he has the simplest power to implement.

    Even a Trapper bot would be scary to face. Survivor bots are looping gods so I don't see why a Killer bot would be any different. You'd never win a mind game.

    I saw some people saying the survivor bots suck, but in my experience the bots are pretty good, and most of the time are a better teammate than the person that they replaced.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3650866#Comment_3650866

    I guess It depends on the situation. At certain loops they are good because they can see your movement at all times. Beside looping I've never seen them do anything else that great. They are no replacement for someone with a little game sense. Well in my experience.

    The bots I get matched with can last for a decent time in chase, does gens, gives heals, goes for saves. I’d say they’re well rounded. While I wouldn’t call them gods(never seen them get a flashlight save or do anything outside of objective), I’d say they are average and consistent.

  • @HeroLives said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3650743#Comment_3650743

    I saw some people saying the survivor bots suck, but in my experience the bots are pretty good, and most of the time are a better teammate than the person that they replaced.

    In custom games, I personally find them to be a real challenge and sometimes I can't get a single down. But in an actual trial where they've replaced a DC, they can act like they've been totally lobotomised. I suspect they've been nerfed somewhat for DC teammates.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3650057#Comment_3650057

    They said it quite some time ago that Killer Bots are planned, but it will take time to implement. I cannot find the statement tho.

    @Topic:

    I hope it is scrapped. When a Killer DCs the match ends and I would rather queue for a new match than being stuck with a Killer Bot. Given how the Survivor Bots play, you cannot really expect much from a Killer Bot and it will probably an easy win at this point without any real challenge.

    Because of what I've seen survivor bots do... I kinda wanna see a killer Bot. I've seen survivor bots T bag and such... Can you IMAGINE seeing forum posts complaining about being proxy camped by an iri head huntress Bot? Maybe getting facecamped by a tombstone piece Myers Bot.

  • @tjt85 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3650866#Comment_3650866

    In custom games, I personally find them to be a real challenge and sometimes I can't get a single down. But in an actual trial where they've replaced a DC, they can act like they've been totally lobotomised. I suspect they've been nerfed somewhat for DC teammates.

    😂 at least they gave me a heal then before they did something loBOTomy like.

  • Don't hold your breath. The current Trapper bot they got in the tutorial is kinda ick, he babyswings alot, can be 360'd rather easily, doesn't mindgame. They're gonna need pretty good AI for killer bots, and since every killer has a different power, and a new one comes out every 3 months or so, I just don't see this happening.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3650103#Comment_3650103

    Because of what I've seen survivor bots do... I kinda wanna see a killer Bot. I've seen survivor bots T bag and such... Can you IMAGINE seeing forum posts complaining about being proxy camped by an iri head huntress Bot? Maybe getting facecamped by a tombstone piece Myers Bot.

    It would be interesting to see the possibilities of what killer botinator could do.

  • @HeroLives said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3650936#Comment_3650936

    It would be interesting to see the possibilities of what killer botinator could do.

    Oh you bet! If they use any kind of machine learning to code the A.I. to learn what successful human players do in any given situation, Killer bots will be utterly ruthless.

    Imagine seeing your entire team slugged and bled out by an OniBot. A BillyBot that always returns to the hook to hard tunnel. Or a PigBot body blocking her Jigsaw boxes to secure a crucial head pop. Killer bots could play a nasty game.

  • @tjt85 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3650943#Comment_3650943

    Oh you bet! If they use any kind of machine learning to code the A.I. to learn what successful human players do in any given situation, Killer bots will be utterly ruthless.

    Imagine seeing your entire team slugged and bled out by an OniBot. A BillyBot that always returns to the hook to hard tunnel. Or a PigBot body blocking her Jigsaw boxes to secure a crucial head pop. Killer bots could play a nasty game.

    So nothing outside of a regular session on dbd at least once playing for a couple hours or more 😂🫡 I salute you self learning killer bot. I imagine most people would just end up slugged regardless at the beginning bc there’s nothing more efficient than that if they’re code specifically just to kill.

  • @tjt85 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3650943#Comment_3650943

    Oh you bet! If they use any kind of machine learning to code the A.I. to learn what successful human players do in any given situation, Killer bots will be utterly ruthless.

    Imagine seeing your entire team slugged and bled out by an OniBot. A BillyBot that always returns to the hook to hard tunnel. Or a PigBot body blocking her Jigsaw boxes to secure a crucial head pop. Killer bots could play a nasty game.

    There's really no "crucial pig boxes" anymore, so THAT one at least won't happen.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3650103#Comment_3650103

    Because of what I've seen survivor bots do... I kinda wanna see a killer Bot. I've seen survivor bots T bag and such... Can you IMAGINE seeing forum posts complaining about being proxy camped by an iri head huntress Bot? Maybe getting facecamped by a tombstone piece Myers Bot.

    The only time I see those stupid Survivor-Bots teabag is when I am doing a Gen and they either want to heal me or want to be healed themselves.

  • Good. If implemented, the concept of a truly friendly killer true to the Survivor's Rulebook will be realized.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3650940#Comment_3650940

    Wish the bots I see are more consistent with heals. Few times I've been screwed over because they will stop healing me as soon as they hear a TR or stop healing to bolt to a gate to open it.

    I once was in a match that went so well bc bot performance that when the lil gal(Claire bot) got hooked at the end, instead of escaping out the gate I traded myself for the little bots life so it could run out. It was just myself and the bot left. I’m sure the killer was very confused.