A Wraith body blocked me in the basement is that bannable?
So I was playing a match on Father Campbell's Chapel, I was playing against a Wraith who hooked a Claudette in the basement, I went down there and saved her, as we went up the stairs we couldn't go past Midway up. We came to the conclusion that the killer was invisible and was blocking us from leaving.
About 8 minutes later, the exit gates are powered and he uncloaks and uses no one escapes death on me as the Claudette runs away, he hooks me and keeps hitting me until I die, after the game ended, he texted me saying that he can't get banned because he didn't prolong the game.
I reported him for game play abuse, but I want to know if what he did is bannable or not, if it's not then that pisses me off, remember that this was on console, so I'm not sure if the banning system is the same as PC. I would really like this discussion to be noticed
Comments
There's so many variables, they honestly probably thought he would have stood there until they DC'd they didn't know he was waiting 8 whole minutes for NOED.
They could pretty much prevent this kind of body blocking by making the stairs a little wider, again, I don't mind body blocking if you're waiting a mechanic out BT/Head Traps. But trying to justify 8 minutes of someones time for NOED seems pretty unfair to me.
I agree about the 8 minutes, but i like that the basement can be bodyblocked. It makes it VERY risky to go in there...as it should be.
But again, some people will exploit it.
This comment you just made is biased. The lack of comments about op survivors is also biased considering most agree it's true/fact.
You always take survivor side. Never killers.
I don't really see what the big deal is.. ez dc onto the next game lol
Take a shot for everytime someone says the word "Bias" or "biased" in this discussion
You trying to kill us?
You know when you say a word over and over until it loses meaning? That's what the word "bias" has turned into after reading this.
there is no reason to body block for that long for one kill when he could have got multiple playing the match properly. He did it purely out of spite and you guys will still defend it.
If a survivor stood on on a rock for 8 minutes while others did gens I’d crucify them too, but this is a killer taking the game hostage for two players, not a survivor.
Give your head a wobble because it ain’t on properly.
Actually, bodyblocking is not bannable unless it is to hold the game hostage. So, bodyblocking to wait out a death, or hold off for BT is one thing, but holding the game hostage so players can do nothing for 8 minutes? That sounds bannable to me.
8 minutes blocking someone is not right and it would be nice if it could be prevented but to ban someone for it would be wrong, yes it stops someone playing the game but so does a one down and camp the hook, downing someone and letting them bleed out for 4 minutes it's all a matter of perspective it's just part of the game.
Now if they didn't down them and hook them at the end it would be different.
I am not justifying what happened I am just saying how it is unfortunately.
They used a strat to secure two kills, a scummy, silly and boring strat but unfortunately its a strat none the less.
If I messaged a teammate then what could they do? He was literally blocking the only entrance and I don't think he cared about sound notifications too.
So complaining about a killer doing something that's highly questionable is survivor bias when again. As far as survivors being op that has nothing to do with the post at hand other than as a convenient troll distraction from your post.
That's quite irrelevant. You are still holding someone's game hostage for 5+ minutes. This should be bannable.
My post wasn't about the post at hand. It was about the person posting and their history. I would've posted that in any thread/topic.
Yet I keep asking people to show me all these survivor biased comments I keep making yet nobody has, but it's very clear no one knows what bias is when I'm apparently biased for not defending an 8 minute body block.
OMEGALUL
I actually agree in technical terms the killer was not allowing the survivor to partake in normal gameplay and he should be banned, it really comes down to how long they are bodyblocking for in the end but anything more then 5+ minutes deserves a temp ban. However waiting 20 seconds for BT to run out is a valid strategy IMO.
But it isnt, just like its not bannable to sit on the map somewhere after the gates have been opened.
Yes its bad design, but it is what it is.
that sounds funny as #########. kind of a dick move but I don't think he can get banned for that he didn't prolong the game really, like he said.
If you have a video and proof that a survivor is in your game after gates are powered for upwards of ten minutes and you report it I'm certain it would count as a mark against your account tbh.
You're actually wrong about this but that's ok.
How is it a risk? He's clearly made the choice to stand their until noed procs, he doesn't care about getting kills or pipping, he's just interested in stopping two players participating in the match.
There was no risk for him because he'd already decided to lose by doing that.