can I have an official word from bhvr

how come yall nerfed the xenomorph so hard and so fast yet yall are REFUSING for the life of you to nerf mft (and hope)? yall said there are changes coming to it but why are you waiting so long to put it out meanwhile the xenomorph gets it within 2 weeks.

Comments

  • The only answer that makes sense... BHVR HATES killers. It's a necessary evil for them. We don't buy 50 outfits and make them money so they don't care. Killer bots will pop up more so they won't need Killer mains and survivors can be happy with tbagging over easy wins because it makes them feel good.

    If they cared about Killers A. They would play Killer B. They would do something about gen rushes and SWF being overpowered. If anything they would give us Shadowborn without having to add a perk to actually SEE!

  • @Melinko said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3553619#Comment_3553619

    Just a question.

    You had a survivor down, and chased the other one. Why not hook the downed survivor? Can't get endurance for healing if you don't leave them the option.

    For real or just run exhaustion perks/add ons

  • @pizzavessel15 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3555201#Comment_3555201

    hope isnt really a problem, its just how mft stacks with it. these two make 110 killers completely unable to catch up to the survivor or regular killers will only be 5% faster than survivors..

    Yes. But it's only end game. Again: that's why I try to win before that happens.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3555198#Comment_3555198

    because to survivors who only play survivor can t bag at gate waste time killer can't slug and waste time.🙄

    Ok?

    What do you want to say with this other than us VS them?

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3555198#Comment_3555198

    Because it’s scummy. Can you do it? Sure. Should you? No, probably not if you’re a considerate person. I main killer, and I don’t slug for the 4k outside of doing an adept (which I don’t become I’m 100% on adepts) because…

    When I play survivor, it absolutely SUCKS being slugged because the killer wants to go find the other survivor and deny them hatch. I don’t know anybody who plays a survivor match and says “oh man I REALLY hope the killer slugs for the 4k… that would be so much fun!”

    If everybody hates it, why shouldn’t we discriminate against it and try to get it changed? Slugging for the 4k is unhealthy and you won’t change my mind.

    I main killer as well. I very rarely slug for the 4k. I think it's boring. However, the 4k is the best possible outcome for the killer and there is nothing wrong with someone wanting to gain the extra points.

    I think the flaw is the hatch that enables this. Without it, the killer would not have to slug. I'm more for a "final chase". If the survivor gets chased long enough, they get the escape. That's better for me than an anti climatic : hey I found it before you, now I tbag you until you arrive / now I have to patrol gates until the survivor shows up.

  • @totallynotamegmain said:

    this went from talking about perk nerfs to just straight up flaming a guy for playing the game the way he wants

    This thread is the dbd community in a nutshell 🗿

    Sure is.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3554892#Comment_3554892

    I’m a killer main guy, and I believe slugging for the 4k is a huge waste of everybody’s time and only utilized to stroke egos. Nobody enjoys a killer that can’t FATHOM not getting his 4k every game.

    Stop complaining about legit survivor builds because you decided to go against the grain when they are in full effect. It’s literally the consequences of your actions.

    Is it? I think it depends on the situation. When i play against people who play fair, i do not slug them. But lets face it. This community is toxic by nature. So most of the time you have survivors who t-bag you at every corner and pallet, do the clicky clicks, constant gesturing/taunting and only have one goal in mind, to annoy and upset the person who is playing the killer. Why should one have sympathy for these players? Do you think it is fine to stroke their egos by letting them escape or not slug? People need to learn how to be respectful. If a survivor team is playing without t-bags and clicky and gesturing, i will not slug. If they do, what happens then is literally the consequences of their actions.

    And yes MFT is a broken perk that needs a change. I am very curious what bhvr will do. Maybe a nerf to 2,999% haste instead of 3%

  • It would be pretty amusing after the official statement about them “looking into MFT” and all they did was reduce the haste speed by 1%

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3554615#Comment_3554615

    Oh you’re one of THOSE killers… just hook the guy and move on with the game, and you would have avoided this whole situation. Hope is fine, MFT is fine. If he ran you around the whole map, there’s some work to be done on your end as well.

    Mft is not fine by any stretch. It's stupidly op because, after a single hit, the survivor is now halfway across the map (tested with oni blood drops). Catching up to this ONE survivor will cost you a gen of progress, multiply by 3 because survivors happened to start separated


    The obv solution is not to commit to the survivor and focus gen pressure, he heals and it's a full reset with no hooks while you're up against ANOTHER survivor with mft. I routinely see 2-3 a game


    The only reason survivors aren't winning is because they 3 gen themselves, or go for twitch clips


    A good change would be to make it an exhaustion perk, and give you exhaustion for the duration of the endurance effect. This now makes it a tactical choice, and gives killers who can't instant down a shot at countering it with smart perk choice

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3554957#Comment_3554957

    You should have read OPs response. They were not going for a slug to build pressure, they were slugging because they wanted a 4K. Assuming that they had 2 Survivors dead already before all Gens were done (No Way Out probably triggered with just two Survivors alive) and they could have gotten a 3K, it is their fault for messing up.

    If someone cannot accept that they won with a 3K and want a 4K so desperate, they should not be mad if it ends up in a 2K because the Survivors played well.

    (Same with Survivors who want 4 people out and throw themselves at the Killer and get at least another Survivor killed instead of just accepting that "only" 3 Survivors escaped...)

    playing well =/= being able to round the entire map multiple times with the help of an unbalanced perk (perk combo in this instance)

  • @NerfDHalready said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3555056#Comment_3555056

    playing well =/= being able to round the entire map multiple times with the help of an unbalanced perk (perk combo in this instance)

    Doesnt change the fact that OP did not want to build pressure, but tried to be sweaty and is now upset that it did not work out.

  • @MrDrMedicman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3554659#Comment_3554659

    Mft is not fine by any stretch. It's stupidly op because, after a single hit, the survivor is now halfway across the map (tested with oni blood drops). Catching up to this ONE survivor will cost you a gen of progress, multiply by 3 because survivors happened to start separated

    The obv solution is not to commit to the survivor and focus gen pressure, he heals and it's a full reset with no hooks while you're up against ANOTHER survivor with mft. I routinely see 2-3 a game

    The only reason survivors aren't winning is because they 3 gen themselves, or go for twitch clips

    A good change would be to make it an exhaustion perk, and give you exhaustion for the duration of the endurance effect. This now makes it a tactical choice, and gives killers who can't instant down a shot at countering it with smart perk choice

    I just haven’t been struggling with MFT. I’ve been doing just fine in my killer games. 🤷🏻‍♂️

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3555667#Comment_3555667

    Doesnt change the fact that OP did not want to build pressure, but tried to be sweaty and is now upset that it did not work out.

    yes, i realized it after posting that comment. doesn't change much though, because they aren't trying to validate or justify the playstyle, they are just arguing the perks (in a combo and/or by themselves) aren't balanced.

  • @appleas said:

    It would be pretty amusing after the official statement about them “looking into MFT” and all they did was reduce the haste speed by 1%

    Knowing BHVR they are going to increase the haste by 1%

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3555241#Comment_3555241

    Ok?

    What do you want to say with this other than us VS them?

    dude I play both side just saying what I see..

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3555257#Comment_3555257

    I main killer as well. I very rarely slug for the 4k. I think it's boring. However, the 4k is the best possible outcome for the killer and there is nothing wrong with someone wanting to gain the extra points.

    I think the flaw is the hatch that enables this. Without it, the killer would not have to slug. I'm more for a "final chase". If the survivor gets chased long enough, they get the escape. That's better for me than an anti climatic : hey I found it before you, now I tbag you until you arrive / now I have to patrol gates until the survivor shows up.

    yea I want the best possible outcome as killer I know slugging sucks but I understand why they do it. also isn't slugging for the 4k just like when killer camps at endgame trying to securing 1 kill and the survivors 99% the exit gates then all 3 survivors gang up on the killer so they can get they 4 man out.

    you think that fun for the killer? and it happen way to much...

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3555198#Comment_3555198

    Because it’s scummy. Can you do it? Sure. Should you? No, probably not if you’re a considerate person. I main killer, and I don’t slug for the 4k outside of doing an adept (which I don’t become I’m 100% on adepts) because…

    When I play survivor, it absolutely SUCKS being slugged because the killer wants to go find the other survivor and deny them hatch. I don’t know anybody who plays a survivor match and says “oh man I REALLY hope the killer slugs for the 4k… that would be so much fun!”

    If everybody hates it, why shouldn’t we discriminate against it and try to get it changed? Slugging for the 4k is unhealthy and you won’t change my mind.

    Agree 100%. I always respect killers that don't do that slug stuff for their 4k. It's like just end it already!

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3555051#Comment_3555051

    Isn´t that like... the same thing what happens when survivors wait the full 2 minutes at the exit gate?

    Wasting time for a tiny amount of bloodpoints. When they could already be in a new match?

    Survivors at the exit gate are just as annoying as killers slugging at the end for the 4k.

    It's pointless.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3555059#Comment_3555059

    why sure we go to the exit gate to push them out when we loss?

    I had one survivor stay till the last sec no one what left

    also had another survivor 1 making noise jumping through something

    what is with survivors? push survivors out is not the killer job killing survivors and trying stop gen is are job.

    what does survivors get out be so toxic and entitled?

    I am completely in favor of a Blood Warden activation if survivors linger in the exit gate for no reason. If one of your teammates is unaccounted for and you've managed to open the gates, I get waiting and healing up to make the save. But if you have everyone safe and at exit, Blood Warden should activate for 60 seconds after say 10 seconds maybe 15 of lingering. With a very audible sound for the killer to know where to go.

    You'd see survivors sprinting out the exits or at least lingering in play till all were accounted for and then sprinting out.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3555236#Comment_3555236

    ok then let have it so if survivors still at the exit gate to long they get push back into the trial away from both door.

    how that?

    that would literally be perfect. or if they stay in the exit for too long the exit will be blocked temporarily

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3555198#Comment_3555198

    Because it’s scummy. Can you do it? Sure. Should you? No, probably not if you’re a considerate person. I main killer, and I don’t slug for the 4k outside of doing an adept (which I don’t become I’m 100% on adepts) because…

    When I play survivor, it absolutely SUCKS being slugged because the killer wants to go find the other survivor and deny them hatch. I don’t know anybody who plays a survivor match and says “oh man I REALLY hope the killer slugs for the 4k… that would be so much fun!”

    If everybody hates it, why shouldn’t we discriminate against it and try to get it changed? Slugging for the 4k is unhealthy and you won’t change my mind.

    I'm a killer. I am playing against survivors, not with them. if I see an opportunity to slug, I will slug. if I have to camp, I will camp. if I get a 3k im not giving hatch to the last guy. I don't have to be considerate to survivors and it's not scummy when I'm not. its 4v1, why is the 1 expected to be considerate of the 4.

  • @totallynotamegmain said:

    this went from talking about perk nerfs to just straight up flaming a guy for playing the game the way he wants

    This thread is the dbd community in a nutshell 🗿

    survivors were never a fan of me lol

  • @pizzavessel15 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3555246#Comment_3555246

    that would literally be perfect. or if they stay in the exit for too long the exit will be blocked temporarily

    I like Melinko idea.

    my point still stands tho slugging for the 4k is just like 3 survivors ganging up on the killer trying to save the 4th off hook that after they 99% the exit gates so they can have 4 man out there no differents to that and slugging for the 4k both not fun for the other side.

    but as long as survivors are able to do that when the killer has a really bad game then killer should be able to slug for the 4k when the survivors have a really bad game.

  • @Ariel_Starshine said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3555257#Comment_3555257

    Agree 100%. I always respect killers that don't do that slug stuff for their 4k. It's like just end it already!

    let me ask you something when you totally stump a killer (all 4 still alive) but killer gets one of you on hook when the last gen gets done,do you and the other 2 gang up on the killer after 99% the exit gates just so you can have 4 man out?

    if yes then you a hypocrisy because that and slugging for the 4k both not fun.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3556339#Comment_3556339

    let me ask you something when you totally stump a killer (all 4 still alive) but killer gets one of you on hook when the last gen gets done,do you and the other 2 gang up on the killer after 99% the exit gates just so you can have 4 man out?

    if yes then you a hypocrisy because that and slugging for the 4k both not fun.

    I believe those two situations are different when you consider the risk involved.

    When 3 survivors try an endgame save, the killer has far better options to not only secure that 1k on the hook but also snowball into a 2k/3k. NOED exists, STBFL exists, instadown power/addons exists, even without them you can still manage to down and kill a survivor when they try to save. So those 3 survivors have to take a risk in going for a save.

    Compare it to the "2survivors, +1gens" situations were most of the "slugging for the 4k" usually happen, there is no perk that can make those 2 survivors recover from that situation. Even if the 3rd survivor recovers with unbreakable, they can't repair their way out unless they massively outplay the killer. So there is no risk in slugging for the 4k, no chance of survivors 'snowballing' a 2E.

  • @Rovend said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3556614#Comment_3556614

    I believe those two situations are different when you consider the risk involved.

    When 3 survivors try an endgame save, the killer has far better options to not only secure that 1k on the hook but also snowball into a 2k/3k. NOED exists, STBFL exists, instadown power/addons exists, even without them you can still manage to down and kill a survivor when they try to save. So those 3 survivors have to take a risk in going for a save.

    Compare it to the "2survivors, +1gens" situations were most of the "slugging for the 4k" usually happen, there is no perk that can make those 2 survivors recover from that situation. Even if the 3rd survivor recovers with unbreakable, they can't repair their way out unless they massively outplay the killer. So there is no risk in slugging for the 4k, no chance of survivors 'snowballing' a 2E.

    there is no risk in slugging for the 4k? you kidding the OP in this thread tells you the risks in slugging for the 4k

    slugging for the 4k is never 100% just like 3 survivors try an endgame save not 100% but going for either is the same (best possible outcome) in a match.

    now why can survivors try to go for best possible outcome but killers can't? both are risky but both try for the same thing the best possible outcome in the match.

  • Rovend sidenote

    what you said: Compare it to the "2survivors, +1gens" situations were most of the "slugging for the 4k" usually happen, there is no perk that can make those 2 survivors recover from that situation. Even if the 3rd survivor recovers with unbreakable, they can't repair their way out unless they massively outplay the killer. So there is no risk in slugging for the 4k, no chance of survivors 'snowballing' a 2E.

    now Compare that to 3 healthy survivors try for the save and using perks that give them speed and endurance with 99% exit gate near and the hook survivor gets free speed and endurance and body block all the way to the exit gate

    now what is the killer to do in this situation? lets say this one killer is with out an instadown power/addons

    also NOED does not last long when survivors can see the aura of the totem,survivors normally will find it before making the save

    killer would have to be lucky to hook them near the hex totem to get anything out of it normally if that happens all 3 survivors would leave.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3556682#Comment_3556682

    there is no risk in slugging for the 4k? you kidding the OP in this thread tells you the risks in slugging for the 4k

    slugging for the 4k is never 100% just like 3 survivors try an endgame save not 100% but going for either is the same (best possible outcome) in a match.

    now why can survivors try to go for best possible outcome but killers can't? both are risky but both try for the same thing the best possible outcome in the match.

    First of all, i said slugging for the 4k in the "2survivors, +1gen" has no risk, which isnt what OP said as the gens were already done.

    Second, how many times do you realisticaly see a survivor run the entire nwo timer, run four times around the map, heal the teammate, run two more times and then get out?? That's why i said the "unless they massively outplay the killer" part.

    You can play in whatever way you like. I am pointing out that there is far more risks in getting an endgame save than slugging for a 4k.

  • @Rovend said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3556696#Comment_3556696

    First of all, i said slugging for the 4k in the "2survivors, +1gen" has no risk, which isnt what OP said as the gens were already done.

    Second, how many times do you realisticaly see a survivor run the entire nwo timer, run four times around the map, heal the teammate, run two more times and then get out?? That's why i said the "unless they massively outplay the killer" part.

    You can play in whatever way you like. I am pointing out that there is far more risks in getting an endgame save than slugging for a 4k.

    what I'm saying is if there two survivors left you guys already lost but the killers wants a 4k and the hatch normally cheat killers out of it.also slugging does not always work unless you want to be a jerk and blood everyone out for less points.

    now with the end game save if there are 3 healthy survivors one on hook killers going to want that 1k because it's the only thing left killer lost now if the 3 healthy survivors go for the save with all speed boosted and endurance and body blocking there good chance they all get out.

    see

    1K=hatch

    end game save 3 healthy survivors=slugging for the 4k

    both are risky and not fun

    but why can survivors do it but killers can't?

    there not much different between the two.

    edit

    I also feel that slugging all 4 survivors letting them blood out and not hooking is the same as survivors all staying at the exit gate t bagging waiting for the killer to come both are pointless.

  • @Rovend said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3556614#Comment_3556614

    I believe those two situations are different when you consider the risk involved.

    When 3 survivors try an endgame save, the killer has far better options to not only secure that 1k on the hook but also snowball into a 2k/3k. NOED exists, STBFL exists, instadown power/addons exists, even without them you can still manage to down and kill a survivor when they try to save. So those 3 survivors have to take a risk in going for a save.

    Compare it to the "2survivors, +1gens" situations were most of the "slugging for the 4k" usually happen, there is no perk that can make those 2 survivors recover from that situation. Even if the 3rd survivor recovers with unbreakable, they can't repair their way out unless they massively outplay the killer. So there is no risk in slugging for the 4k, no chance of survivors 'snowballing' a 2E.

    there literally is risk. you're risking losing all of your pressure if you choose to slug at the wrong time.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3556734#Comment_3556734

    what I'm saying is if there two survivors left you guys already lost but the killers wants a 4k and the hatch normally cheat killers out of it.also slugging does not always work unless you want to be a jerk and blood everyone out for less points.

    now with the end game save if there are 3 healthy survivors one on hook killers going to want that 1k because it's the only thing left killer lost now if the 3 healthy survivors go for the save with all speed boosted and endurance and body blocking there good chance they all get out.

    see

    1K=hatch

    end game save 3 healthy survivors=slugging for the 4k

    both are risky and not fun

    but why can survivors do it but killers can't?

    there not much different between the two.

    edit

    I also feel that slugging all 4 survivors letting them blood out and not hooking is the same as survivors all staying at the exit gate t bagging waiting for the killer to come both are pointless.

    I understand what you are saying that both situation aim for the best outcome in each side. Yet again, i still think it isnt fair to compare them both when you consider the risks.

    I had hundreds upon hundreds of games were a killer camped one survivor in endgame and managed to get a 2k/3k, even a 4k. As i said before, a surprise NOED, STBFL, maybe a Blood Warden, using instadown addons and powers, hooking the survivor in a hill or the basement. Obviously, this isnt to say it's guaranteed you can always snowball into a +2k but there is a realistic chance you can pull it off.

    Instead, i could count the amount of times 2 survivors managed to pull off an escape from a situation where the killer is slugging for the 4k while one gen remains with one hand.

  • @Rovend said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3556750#Comment_3556750

    I understand what you are saying that both situation aim for the best outcome in each side. Yet again, i still think it isnt fair to compare them both when you consider the risks.

    I had hundreds upon hundreds of games were a killer camped one survivor in endgame and managed to get a 2k/3k, even a 4k. As i said before, a surprise NOED, STBFL, maybe a Blood Warden, using instadown addons and powers, hooking the survivor in a hill or the basement. Obviously, this isnt to say it's guaranteed you can always snowball into a +2k but there is a realistic chance you can pull it off.

    Instead, i could count the amount of times 2 survivors managed to pull off an escape from a situation where the killer is slugging for the 4k while one gen remains with one hand.

    I do understand what your say as well but my point still stands I feel there is risk for the killer this game so random anything can happen in a match to really funny to total BS on both sides.

  • @Melinko said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3553619#Comment_3553619

    Just a question.

    You had a survivor down, and chased the other one. Why not hook the downed survivor? Can't get endurance for healing if you don't leave them the option.

    This is meaningless for the disgussion. If he/hooked the survivor, the other would have easly outrun him/her for the time the other is on hook and die. So basicly a free escape or a lose lose situtation.

  • @CatnipLove said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/392939/can-i-have-an-official-word-from-bhvr

    They just reverted a change from the PTB, that's it. That's not a rework and honestly the buff should never had happened. Having a ranged melee attack that can hit over loops and has limited slowdown on whiff was stupid.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3553619#Comment_3553619

    How does MFT do all that? The only way someone is looping you around the map six times is if they are chaining loops together. You don't need MFT to do that.

    Yes you dont need MFT for this, but its mutch more easy to do it, even if you arent that good of a survivor player.

  • It seems there's an experimental agenda to "bring back the golden age of DbD" by adding game-breaking perk combos for a set amount of time. Although it's received such poor reception, I'm not sure why the project leads continue to plow onward with the idea anyway 🛑

1 2 ›