Michael Myers Builds? Add ons? Play Styles?
Please someone who really mains Michael help me out, i cannot seem to find a comfortable build for him to have a decent time without feeling overwhelmed.
Any cool perk builds?
Please someone who really mains Michael help me out, i cannot seem to find a comfortable build for him to have a decent time without feeling overwhelmed.
Any cool perk builds?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
For perk builds I recommend vault master Fire Up (even though it's trash), Bamboozle, Brutal Strength, and Barbecue and Chili with Fragrant tuft of hair because Myers vaults faster in EW3 and J. Myers Memorial to increase the rate of evil gained.
ruin, bamboozle, nurses, agitation
I would always run Monitor and Abuse on Myers. It is a really under-rated perk, but works amazingly with him given when you are not in a chase you can almost get on top of a survivor when in Evil within II if they are not paying attention. I also run BBQ & Ruin and Brutal Strength in my Myers build.
If you run Scratched Mirror, it is almost a MUST to run boyfriends memo & Monitor & Abuse (Doctors perk),
Hex: Ruin, Hex: Devour Hope, Make your choice are really fun for insta-downing rescuing survivors.
Map offering: The Game puzzle piece or lery’s Memorial institute.
Scratched mirror allows lows you to see ANY survivors aura who thin a 32 meter range.
You cannot progress past tier 1.
Monitor & abuse allows you to have a ZERO terror radius in tier 1.
You are very slow
male your choice allows you to insta-down survivors OUTSIDE 32 meter range, so if you see someone running to unhook someone, back up until the hooked survivors aura is out of sight and take 1 more step back for good measure. Once they unhook strictly focus on following he rescuer/healer that unhooked the survivor and wait until they go around a corner to insta-down with no warnings of your presence.
**it is to be said that each of these perks are level 3, ensuring maximum benefits.
Have fun jumpscaring people, and try to grab unsuspecting survivors off gens, it helps a lot!
Always get Monitor and Abuse and Ruin.
Rest is up to playstyle.
Bamboozle can be great.
Nurse's calling due to low TR.
Deerstalker for slugging builds.
Brutal strength/Enduring for more chasing capacities.
You can also run Distressing/Bamboozle/Ruin and Deerstalker for a nice slugging build with infinite EW3 add-on.
It was only after I’d killed one and was hooking another that I realized I still had Devour. I got my third stack and then insta downed a guy and hooked him. On the way to the hook a Tapp (who still had Make Your Choice active on him so even without Devour, he was a one hit down) was being an idiot with the flashlight so I downed him too.
So I leave them hooked and run off to hide, giggling like a schoolgirl the whole way... only to have both of them quick die on the hook so the last survivor can go for hatch. I spotted her thanks to the mirror and dropped down right on her and downed her in one hit and hooked her.
Closest I have ever come to getting 5 Devour stacks. Your build was great fun though, the perks synchronize very well.
M&A and Nurses Calling together make him the beast he is imo. Very easy to snowball and catch survivors offguard. BBQ and Enduring to top it off.
Add ones?
My favorite Myers build is creating a HUGE terror radius.
M&A (to increase TR +8m when in a chase) also good to have the lower TR when building up to EW3, Distressing (+26%), Unnerving Presence, Agitation (carry surv around to increase TR +12m)
Fragrant Tuft (Unlimited EW3) + Dead Rabbit (Moderately Increase TR in EW 3)
Unnerving Presence is funny with this build on low ranks. Skill checks blowing up all over the place.
Otherwise not needed and can be swapped out for any other Perk (chase, tracking perks)
Unlimited EW3 and Tombstone Piece are pretty op.
Dead Rabbit will reduce your from 8 to 6 metres with M&A.
Faster EW gain to round up your build.
Dont bother with longer EW3 duration. The increased stalking required isn't worth it. The other addons dont make much difference.
Avoid the mirrors and the permatombstone, they make you too slow.
Myers is 100% viable without addons. His perma and tombstone addons just make him broken, but you can play addonless perfectly fine.
For add-ons it depends on what I’m going for. For casual games it is usually tacky earrings and dead rabbit. Slugging would be J. Myers Memorial and the tuft of hair. If I wanna kill all four survivors it would be Judith’s Tombstone and the tuft of hair. Scratched/vanity mirror paired with boyfriend memo is also really good if you are on the Lery’s map.
I’m still relatively new to the game (I started playing at the end of March) so I haven’t unlocked all the killers teachable yet but ruin, nurses calling, enduring, and brutal strength seem like great perks to use.
My normal Myers build - BBQ, Whispers, Monitor & Abuse, Ruin
Tombstone and Unlimited EW3 - Whispers, Enduring, Play With Your Food, Ruin (stalk until EW2, find obsession and get all stacks of PWYF, kill and then continue on killing with your speed boost intact)
Tombstone Piece and J Myers Memorial - Dying Light, Whispers, Ruin, Enduring (Stalk a bit, find obsession, use tombstone piece to kill them quickly and get the benefits of Dying Light asap)
There are many fun builds you can try with Myers which I won't list...many memes to be had
Finally understood why the devs made Judith Moderately reduced speed, it's the only addon with a penalty that is justified. It's extremely strong combined with play with your food. bad maps like swap you will end up with 0-1 kills, however. map dependent heavily on RNG
Permanent 15% movement speed is pretty insane , you instantly becomes the fastest killer in the game
This is super fun, some people will accuse you of hacking until they saw post-chat that you had play with your food. It wouldn't work against good survivors however so its not viable at high rank. and u will Black pip for killing all 4
Playstyle? Charge up that evil and never let up.
The build I always like to play is:
Brutal Strength
Enduring
Hex: Ruin
Agitation
BS & Enduring for the pallet eating, also allows you to be risky with lunging through pallets without losing too much time (very effective now thanks to the pallet vacuum changes). Ruin to extend the game, always useful. Agitation to cut down on time to get survivors to hooks, as well as being able to hit survivors on the way to the hook. Used to run Whispers in the past instead of Enduring, but managed to kick the habit ;P. Use any add-ons you wish, the perks make a good general purpose build. I often just run with common add-ons cause I have loads of them to spare.
My favorite build is hex ruin, bbq, and then the infinite tier 3 add on, and the considerably faster stalking add on
•Bamboozled
•Enduring
•Monitor and abuse
•And a perk to slow down the game (ruin, pop goes the weasel, dying light, or whatever you like)
Add-Ons:
•Dead Rabbit (that and monitor and abuse will give you zero terror radious in evil within tier 2)
•Tombstone Piece (Means that you can get really really close to the survivors without terror radious and then insta mori them. Know that the evil within after killing someone with the tombstone piece goes back to tier 2, but the less EW you have in EW3 when killing someone the more you'll have when it goes back to EW2, it works inversely)
I constantly made adjustments along the way. The difficulty beyond rank 5 was night and day.
Bloodhound and NOED are two I always use. The other two you can mix and match.
You have to get an early grab off a gen or hit and stalk them to 99% if you can’t hit them again. Once you get them on the hook you have to hard camp them and if anyone comes near, activate tier 3and down them.
If you get a hook before 1 or 2 gens are done, you should be able to get 3 kills easily. I almost always get 3 kills with him. If I’m gunning for 4ks then I’ll run whispers.
Match is over at that point.
and Freddy (same reason but huge hit and run potential, dream slowdown stacked with mangled keeps them hurt for ages)
Myers I think is one of the most effective campers in the game.
Just tack on MYC and you can now heavily punish rescues.
Personally, I really hate Myers. But if you want to play him, become proficient at proximity camping. You can snowball really hard if you do.
The extra time waste on each hit rather you intent to actually down them or not is what i call Thanatophobia 2.0
Its a really good perk on all Killers that are good with hit and run or sneak upon groups and healing survivors.
but what does healing returns to normal or bleeding returns to normal once healed?
i never understood that definition in sloppy butcher. does that mean it only applies to the first hit, and once that survivor heals up, sloppy butcher never applies to them anymore?
try Jumpscare Myers:
Add-Ons:
-Scratched Mirror (see their Auras in 32 meters, but dont be able to get out of tier 1) *
-Boyfriends Memo (increase your attack range in tier 1) *
Perks:
-Monitor And Abuse (reduce your Terrorradius to 0 meters when not in a chase) *
-Brutal Strength (slower movement speed requires you to break stuff quicker)
-Save The Best For Last (slower movementspeed requires you to get out of hit stuns quicker)
-Hex: No One Escapes Death (so you can actually catch people in the endgame)
necessary things have been marked with a star. the others are just some ideas to make it more effective.
If you healed and get hit by a chainsaw for example then it wont give them the effects.
I have done Distressing and unnerving with ruin and Enduring.
Then Infinite ew3 and dead rabbit and 3 gen strat for best effect. I literally turned a no man to a 3 or a 4 man with that.
i played myers only to rank one and it got to the point where i preferred to play red ranked SWF teams because they are so altrustic
Not always SWF teams are so stupid. When I play SWF we are pretty organized and we never rush hooks against a killer that can snowball potentially. We suck only against good Nurses.
Hey, any ideas for a Vanity Mirror Build?
I run whispers, nurses calling, ruin, and iron grasp on my Myers. You can swap out iron grasp for another tracking perk like BBQ and chili, but I find in my experience that whispers and nurses calling is usually enough. Iron grasp is mainly to counter those pesky SWF groups that think they can body block you when you're not in Evil Within 3. As has been mentioned, Myers is also really good at proxy camping. Utilizing iron grasp to place your victim within walking distance of three generators is particularly nasty. You can also surprise down people silly enough to heal in front of you because they think you won't risk the wiggle free.
PWYF and STBFL will makes you faster if you play them right, chase your obsession and gain some stacks and watch Michael sprint through the map. Also helps if your obsession is extra altruistic or someone is being a hero. In turn they're just making you stronger and faster even at EW1.
Takes a bit to master that style of gameplay, but once you get it you'll be unstoppable. No matter the rank.
I have a few, this is for a heal difficulty build in case you want to down them or keep them slow:
Coulrophobia.
Distressing.
Sloppy Butcher.
A nurse's calling.
When you don't want to lose the chase:
Bamboozle.
Enduring.
Brutal Strength.
Stridor.
The stalking build:
Unnerving presence.
Monitor and Abuse.
Shadowborn.
Insidious.
The Bodybuilder Micheal Myers build:
Brutal Strength.
Iron Grasp.
Unrelenting.
Franklin's Demise.
i do not use any parks! ;-)
Ive also been thinking about running a Dying Light, Remember Me build. If I had Blood Warden id probably add that too it. Not sure what else goes really well with the killing the obsession first, probably Rancor to spot him as soon as the first Gen pops, but that defeats the whole purose of the Mori so 😂
Edit: Nurses Calling, Thanataphobia, Sloppy Butcher are always good place holders if you're ever unsure of what perks to use.
Here's the no gen spam build:
Overcharge
Discordance
Brutal Strength.
Pop goes the Weasel.
Hook transport build:
Mad Grit.
Iron Grasp.
Agitation.
Unrelenting.