Purposely slugging til end game a banable offense?

Just spent an entire match on the ground because of this game’s precious chess merchant. Just checking, is slugging all survs until death for zero purpose banable? I assume it is and this guy purposefully does this every match.


edit: I see a lot of comments about tactical slugging. I should clarify, downed us all, 3 gens left, hooks a-plenty, and just watched us die. This was very obviously done with malicious intent. Was streaming too. Said it was the only way he played. Understandable if it’s not banable, but just sad that some people play like this with no punishment

Comments

  • Lots of SMs seem to be doing this lately. It's not strategic slugging, I'm sure they're just being played by children. I watched Altruistic (who I believe is a regular here) go through it yesterday on their stream. SM had them all slugged and basically just humped them on the ground or spun around doing nothing while they bled out. Too many SM players have waaaay too much time on their hands.

  • I still find Mori's to be completely disrespectful.

    Everytime I see one played I instantly think the killer is like Dee and Dennis from It's Always Sunny. Hanging out at the end of Chardee MacDennis in Charlie's hospital room smashing his player piece.

    Just seems like a total childish tantrum.

  • @Spare_Them_Mori_Me said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3516563#Comment_3516563

    Mori's are one of the best features of this game. As an honest curiosity, you really dislike them? I mean.. Trapper and Wraith could use a Mori touch up...

    The animations are cool and the concept of the killer ending the survivor is cool. That said, in the realm of a PvP game where there is already a growing sense of toxicity in the community, I think they are a sign of disrespect and poor sportsmanship.

    It also is a time saver for the killer. The time of a Mori vs the time of picking up, walking across the map to hook and then the hooking animation is not the same.

  • @Rovend said:

    They need to give survivors a button to instantly die on the ground if they have been like 90sec bleeding.

    I like this idea.

  • It was a wraith so noone was expecting fun gameplay but still for a first rank reset match, yikes.

    Luckily this doesnt happen very often

  • @CrypticGirl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3516476#Comment_3516476

    The finisher mori actually concerns me, especially since they've backed out of their plans to add basekit Unbreakable. The Killer will just slug everyone as quickly as possible and end the match instantly with the finisher mori. I can see it getting abused a lot.

    If this really became so common, you could just simply bring unbreakable. Bare in mind as well that if the killer slugs everyone the game is over anyway, the finisher mori just means no one has to wait to bleed out.

  • @Melinko said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3516476#Comment_3516476

    I still find Mori's to be completely disrespectful.

    Everytime I see one played I instantly think the killer is like Dee and Dennis from It's Always Sunny. Hanging out at the end of Chardee MacDennis in Charlie's hospital room smashing his player piece.

    Just seems like a total childish tantrum.

    How is a mori like throwing a tantrum?

  • @DrDucky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3516530#Comment_3516530

    If this really became so common, you could just simply bring unbreakable. Bare in mind as well that if the killer slugs everyone the game is over anyway, the finisher mori just means no one has to wait to bleed out.

    Maybe, but if the Killer slugs everyone before you can fully recover, the game's gonna end right then and there, screwing anyone who has the perk.

  • @CrypticGirl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3516751#Comment_3516751

    Maybe, but if the Killer slugs everyone before you can fully recover, the game's gonna end right then and there, screwing anyone who has the perk.

    Well if the killer can do that before the first unbreakable can go off that is literally the team's fault.

  • It makes no difference whose fault it is. Killer commits to a fast four-Survivor slug, finisher mori triggers, game over, the end. This should not be a thing.

  • @CrypticGirl said:

    It makes no difference whose fault it is. Killer commits to a fast four-Survivor slug, finisher mori triggers, game over, the end. This should not be a thing.

    Giving a killer a Mori for this situation literally encourages this style of play. The point is to discourage this type of play. A person should never be out of the game without being hooked multiple times short of their teammates leaving them on hook.

    If they ever gave killers an option to down all 4 and Mori out, this game would be unplayable. Every match would be 4 minutes and just down as fast as you can to get a 4 k and start over. If that is the playstyle you want, then go play Fortnite.

  • Have you ever seen It's Always Sunny in Philly?

    If not, look up the scene I refer to when calling Mori's a tantrum and disrespectful. The game is over, you got the down and instead of doing what is expected and hooking and "ggwp" it turns into this spectacle of which there is zero counter and just feels very disrespectful. Taking a survivor to their death hook requires avoiding wiggle free, flashligh saves, pallets, etc. Mori is just press a button and I kill you, like the ultimate t-bag moment.

  • @Melinko said:

    Just furthers the need for all survivors to have a basekit unbreakable. Would completely remove slugging from the game or cause the killer a lot of stress to slug all 4 and then have all 4 up and slug them again.

    If we are going to give survivors basekit unbreakable, then we need to triple the number of hooks spawning on the map and remove pallet/flashlight saves.

    Because most of the time killers slug because they cannot hook a survivor for one reason or another.

  • @BillToLast said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3516275#Comment_3516275

    If we are going to give survivors basekit unbreakable, then we need to triple the number of hooks spawning on the map and remove pallet/flashlight saves.

    Because most of the time killers slug because they cannot hook a survivor for one reason or another.

    I've never slugged more than 1 person in a match. Never.

    This arguement of not finding a hook, for 4 people is just not true. You can hook 1, most likely 2. Basekit unbreakable also encourages killers to down, then hook. Versus the down, and chase this person and that person. I get running off the nearby flashlight holding Ada waiting for her shot but run at her, she runs now you can go pick up with your back to her and look down, look up and flashlight is not even a factor.

    Slugging is just lazy play.

    And before the "What if they all crawl to a corner agruement begins?" Hook someone before you down everyone. It's really not that complicated.

  • If all four survivors are slugged, that just tells me they played extremely poorly and demanding basekit remedies is just asking for the game to hold their hand more than it already does (which is a lot).

  • @Melinko said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3516752#Comment_3516752

    Have you ever seen It's Always Sunny in Philly?

    If not, look up the scene I refer to when calling Mori's a tantrum and disrespectful. The game is over, you got the down and instead of doing what is expected and hooking and "ggwp" it turns into this spectacle of which there is zero counter and just feels very disrespectful. Taking a survivor to their death hook requires avoiding wiggle free, flashligh saves, pallets, etc. Mori is just press a button and I kill you, like the ultimate t-bag moment.

    Either you think it's easy to hook survivors cause hooks are always avaiable, or you think wiggling free is a thing that is actually possible. You can't have both


    Thinking a mori is disrespectful is honestly silly.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3517088#Comment_3517088

    Either you think it's easy to hook survivors cause hooks are always avaiable, or you think wiggling free is a thing that is actually possible. You can't have both

    Thinking a mori is disrespectful is honestly silly.

    I think it is easy to hook survivors if you manage resources and pay attention.

    It's no different then when survivors gen rush one side of the map and put themselves in a miserable 3 gen situation by their own creation. You can see the hooks as you walk around, you can see them all light up the first time you pick up someone. Ending up in a 4 person slug is literally by a killer's own creation. There is no place on the map where you can't find a single hook. Now if you don't plan right or keep downing people at shack w/o a basement, yeah you are going to have to worry about wiggle free and you failed at managing the map.

    As for thinking they are disrespectful, it's my opinion. I've never run a Mori as killer ever.

  • Can I ask why then, when reporting a player do they list Slugging as an Unsportsmanlike Reason?

    Is it so they can just immediately disregard that report? Because if that is the case, wouldn’t it just be easier if when Slugging is selected further info comes up to say it is not an offence for which a person is banned?

    I personally feel like there needs to be more info when reporting to actually point out what is supposed to be reported and what isn’t. Would save your employees a lot of time probably.

    A killer was on this forum last week saying they reported every survivor that took protection hits because they thought that is what “blocking” meant, because they were blocking their way to another survivor or to a hook if carrying somebody.

    IMG_1216.jpeg


  • No way we can seriously consider banning for slugging without an internal match replay system to check against imo.

    Since they've stated several times this cannot be added to the game now (would require recoding from scratch) I'm not really seeing the point of this discussion.

  • @Melinko said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3516752#Comment_3516752

    Have you ever seen It's Always Sunny in Philly?

    If not, look up the scene I refer to when calling Mori's a tantrum and disrespectful. The game is over, you got the down and instead of doing what is expected and hooking and "ggwp" it turns into this spectacle of which there is zero counter and just feels very disrespectful. Taking a survivor to their death hook requires avoiding wiggle free, flashligh saves, pallets, etc. Mori is just press a button and I kill you, like the ultimate t-bag moment.

    Thats not throwing a tantrum its just a slight buff on a death hook?

  • @Melinko said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3516832#Comment_3516832

    Giving a killer a Mori for this situation literally encourages this style of play. The point is to discourage this type of play. A person should never be out of the game without being hooked multiple times short of their teammates leaving them on hook.

    If they ever gave killers an option to down all 4 and Mori out, this game would be unplayable. Every match would be 4 minutes and just down as fast as you can to get a 4 k and start over. If that is the playstyle you want, then go play Fortnite.

    ^ This is exactly my point. Though I have to wonder what makes you think I want this style of play? I was saying I am against the finisher mori mechanic for the very reasons you just listed.

  • @Melinko said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3516282#Comment_3516282

    Using it no. I think it just needs to be built into all survivors. The game is set up to down, then hook, then sacrifice. Bleeding out players is almost always due to the fault of the killer.

    "What if they all crawl to a corner" - Why didn't you hook after you downed the first one? Because I saw someone near and thought they might go for the save. Okay, go after them and down them but then hook them or hit them and as they run, hook the survivor that was down. There is no story I've ever seen or heard from in this game where a 4 person slug bleed out didn't involve the killer just not hooking people at some point. There is always a choice. Making unbreakable a 1 time use that all survivors just have, would get killers hooking people quicker and making the game flow better.

    I totally agree with it being built in! If you could get yourself up at least once if you’ve been downed for more than 30-45 seconds or so

  • @CrypticGirl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3517081#Comment_3517081

    ^ This is exactly my point. Though I have to wonder what makes you think I want this style of play? I was saying I am against the finisher mori mechanic for the very reasons you just listed.

    Sorry if you misunderstood my saying you wanted that playstyle. I was saying in general if people want the playstyle of pew pew pew as fast as possible, then this isn't the game for them.

  • @bornagain234 said:

    by that logic standing at the exit games with all 4 survivors teabagging until a microsecond of endgame collapse is left would be bannable wouldnt it

    The difference there is the killer can force survivors to either leave or get downed. If they sit there and take it that’s on them. The only counter to the situation above is to dc and eat a penalty, or do your taxes while you wait to bleed out

  • @NerfDHalready said:

    they are countering deliverance with 0 hooks, you obviously wouldn't understand a chess player.

    You say this like it's a funny but actually I don't like picking up when I have a 4 man slug because of flip flop

  • @bornagain234 said:

    by that logic standing at the exit games with all 4 survivors teabagging until a microsecond of endgame collapse is left would be bannable wouldnt it

    If a survivor being bled out could just direct their camera towards the killer and press W for a few seconds to put an end to it, you'd have a point.

    Don't get me wrong, both are pointless wastes of time that I'd love to see solved with "gg lets skip the wait" mechanics, like an endgame lever in the basement that sucks the survivors out the gate and slugged survivors being able to straight up hook themselves/teleport to basement hook if the right conditions are met.

    But it's actually just funny to me to even consider them remotely equal when in one situation the killer has the agency to stop it whenever they want, in the other the survivor needs the killer's consent to not lay there for 4 minutes.

1 2 ›