Survivors endurances are ridiculously frequent.

Last match I literally quit the game after hit 4 times survivors with endurance stats.

What is the meaning of basically being unable to down survivors when that is the only thing I can do in the game?

You are a killer? Nice! What´s you job? Hit suvivors! How do I do this if they are all invunerable with so many perks and 3 of 4 have this status right now? I don´t know...

BHVR created a problem again, and again survivors are abusing alot of this INVUNERABILITY of endurance.

Comments

  • Because Endurance effect is the most simple way how to power up a perk.

    Is the perk bad / want to make good new perk? Give it endurance somewhere.

    Example: Buckle up, MFT, Off the Record, etc.

    I think I don't want to see any more perks with Endurance. It's too offten for how powerfull shield effect can be.

  • What perks were they using?

  • Most endurance perks are associated with stopping killers from doing unfun things like tunneling or slugging. If you are making a lot of hits that cause endurance then it's possible that your playstyle is the problem and BHVR is trying to send you a subtle message.

  • The fact that you didn't even name a perk means the problem is your lack of game sense, not the perks.


    The only dumb endurance combo currently is FTP/Buckle Up. The other ones have very obvious tells and counterplay associated with them.

  • I mean endurance doesn't take more than one hit with the 6.1.0 changes so your complaints are unfounded.

  • @Sava18 said:

    I mean endurance doesn't take more than one hit with the 6.1.0 changes so your complaints are unfounded.

    Yeah, I vividly remember that PRB were this things were changed and while the general killer buffs felt awesome, it was rediculous to work through 4 or 5 layers or Endurance :D OMG, it was rediculous.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3510850#Comment_3510850

    Yeah, I vividly remember that PRB were this things were changed and while the general killer buffs felt awesome, it was rediculous to work through 4 or 5 layers or Endurance :D OMG, it was rediculous.

    For sure. I was only on that ptb for a couple days but by day 2 I was running alch ring to combat it.

  • This video is pretty representative of the situation OP is describing.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f9dQIvqkQ0


  • @Tsulan said:

    This video is pretty representative of the situation OP is describing.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f9dQIvqkQ0

    Another perspective is that the video shows him making the choice to try riskier gambits in pursuit of a 4K instead of settling for not killing all the survivors. He’s also probably not playing against players indicative of the general play styles and skill levels for a majority of the player base. 4Ks are the highest win condition for a killer, not the only win.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    Most endurance perks are associated with stopping killers from doing unfun things like tunneling or slugging. If you are making a lot of hits that cause endurance then it's possible that your playstyle is the problem and BHVR is trying to send you a subtle message.

    This is simply not true.

    MFT - grants you endurance for just healing a teammate.

    Styptic add-on - gives you endurance because you taped E with a medkit in hand.

    Mettle - gives you perma endurance after tanking 2 protection hits for a teammate.

    Then theres the "Anti-tunnel" perks behind used offensively or pure mis-use -

    Basekit BT - Bodyblocking the killer when the killer was trying to get the rescuer.

    Off the record - 80s of endurance that only goes away after you tap a gen, if after 60 seconds of being rescued you get found and hit again, its hard to make a "tunneling " claim to justify having such a long 3rd health state status.

    FTP+Buckle up combo - Hard to make a slugging claim when the killer doesnt even have enough time to wipe his weapon before the survivor gets picked up with endurance.

    ----

    Only perks you're correct on are soul guard and WGLF.

  • That's the issue with Endurance: it makes being injured meaningless. Being injured used to be high risk (and semi-high reward, I guess, if you used Resilience) but now it's almost better than being healthy because you can do gens 9% faster and proc Adrenaline.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    Most endurance perks are associated with stopping killers from doing unfun things like tunneling or slugging. If you are making a lot of hits that cause endurance then it's possible that your playstyle is the problem and BHVR is trying to send you a subtle message.

    BS, survivors appear right in front of you to tank or get hits because they are invunerable. It´s not about get protection against tunnel (thing that I never do) it´s about use invulnerability agressively against the killer.

    It´s funny how BHVR push killers to have to tunnel to win, because playing against 4 survivors will make generators fly too fast. Then if you really wanna win you go to remove a survivor quickly (wich is a thing particulary unfun to me - matches become quite boring against 3 or less survivors because they play very safe, and chases are not too often) but then BHVR give survivors alot of second changes punishing the killer role.

    It´s a miserable state.

  • @Sharby said:

    The fact that you didn't even name a perk means the problem is your lack of game sense, not the perks.

    The only dumb endurance combo currently is FTP/Buckle Up. The other ones have very obvious tells and counterplay associated with them.

    I ran into that the other day... I forget what killer, maybe Demogorgon.

    But it was a flashlight/sabo squad with FTP / Buckle Up... And one other guy that I think might have been a random that did generators while I was dealing with the other 3. But you can't ignore the 3 or they do gens 3x as fast as the (potential) random...

    I missed out on most of the broken combos because I play very infrequently so I have to say that that was one of the most annoying things I have experienced in this game as killer.

  • @Tsulan said:

    This video is pretty representative of the situation OP is describing.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f9dQIvqkQ0

    No man.. Otz is wrong... The main survivors here are all right, no endurance abusive uses by SWF´s... It´s all in your head.

  • Watching the devs use endurance to virtually child-proof the survivor experience has been weird and now it's just irritating. There's more super armor now than before the deadhard nerf.