What Is Your DBD Hot Take?

I'm curious, what's your most unpopular opinion about DBD? I'll go first.

Prove Thyself is a trash perk and it's overrated. It's a noob trap that promotes inefficiency. You and your team are better off splitting up on gens.

Object of Obsession is a decent perk IF you use it in a specific build.

The people who think Made For This doesn't need a nerf are the same people who probably plays high tier killers or are survivor mains so they don't understand it's impact in matches. If the killer is 10 meters away chasing you and you have Made For This, it'll take 21 seconds for them to catch up oppose from the default 17 seconds. On certain maps, Made For This can turn loop into infinites and the Killer won't even get Bloodlust.

Aura reading perks are overrated

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Rise432 said:

    Killer is the easiest its ever been since undying + ruin + tinkerer meta

    Survivor is not that difficult either tbh I feel both sides just whined to much and demanded buffs that will hold their hands

    Doctor is one of the most fun killers to verse

    Blight speed addons are fine and balanced just stop getting yourself zoned

    Trickster chapter was the worst DLC

    I dont mind playing against skull merchant to much, even 3 gens ones

    the medkit nerfs was overkill and Self care/botany should have their nerfs reverted

    Eh killer is back to being slightly difficult

    easiest killer era was the Gen kicking builds you could literally shut your brain off and win with that

  • @JustAnotherNewbie said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3484082#Comment_3484082

    I distinctly remember one game on Haddonfield against him. It was impossible to break his 3 gen because 2 of the last gens were in one of the houses, and those houses had a bunch of lockers on the second floor and there were no more lockers left. I don't think we could have done anything at that point, he just could teleport away. Must have also been the one Dredge player who knew what he was doing somewhat.

    I’m honestly surprised by the number of dredges that don’t use locker teleports in chase when I play survivor. That’s one of my favorite things to do with him, map and survivor pathing allowing.

  • @MDRSan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3485401#Comment_3485401

    I’m honestly surprised by the number of dredges that don’t use locker teleports in chase when I play survivor. That’s one of my favorite things to do with him, map and survivor pathing allowing.

    Honestly? I see a lot more Dredge's use lockers (not that often though) than Sadako's. Sadako's never teleport ahead during chase. Dredge's I rarely if ever see leave their Remnant behind when getting looped.

  • But it does show that the “you are forced to only have 40% escape rate” thing this guy is claiming is false because the matchmaking can’t determine whether someone is going to DC or give up after first down.

  • @BlightedDolphin said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3485228#Comment_3485228

    But it does show that the “you are forced to only have 40% escape rate” thing this guy is claiming is false because the matchmaking can’t determine whether someone is going to DC or give up after first down.

    I suppose not.

    Keep in mind that it's likely lower than 39% because DC's aren't counted.

  • Face the Darkness is the the most reliable hex perk in the game and more hex perks should be like this.

    Devour Hope should get the NOED treatment and after some time survivors should see the totem.

    We'll make it is the best survivor perk and more people should run it.

    Midwich is not as bad as people say

  • @Shenshen said:

    Face the Darkness is the the most reliable hex perk in the game and more hex perks should be like this.

    Devour Hope should get the NOED treatment and after some time survivors should see the totem.

    We'll make it is the best survivor perk and more people should run it.

    Midwich is not as bad as people say

    We'll make it is a pretty good perk, especially now with Sloppy Butcher being so common.

  • The reality is that tryhards tends to play killers, especially when it’s not a m1 killer. Survivors players are more chill, casuals and goofy. You need 4 tryhards survivors to compete with 1 tryhard killer.

    Now put soloQ into the mix and it’s easy to understand why the kill rates don’t make any sense whatsoever.

    If you think that’s fine balancing for casuals with a broken MMR it is because you don’t play any competitive games. In any comp game you have a separate queue with harsher rules :

    • queues are longer to get more balanced matches. Usually you can play while waiting.
    • you see your own skill rating and get rewards the higher it is
    • DC penalty is harsh : you lose SR and get a big temporary ban. Repeat it and you will end up banned for good. You can also be banned for obvious throwing by your teamates, that includes being AFK.

    I am all for a comp queue and a leaderboard for each killer + survivor leaderboard but my guess is that the game is too old for them to implement this. Also it would be unpopular, remember these 8000h streamers complaining about games being too sweaty when the SBMMR was introduced ?

    So instead we end up with a tournament setting outside the game with tons of bans on the survivor side to give a chance to killers, and a live game with a broken MMR with survivors throwing by suiciding or doing useless challenges and giving the illusion of balanced stats.

  • @Murgleïs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3485228#Comment_3485228

    The reality is that tryhards tends to play killers, especially when it’s not a m1 killer. Survivors players are more chill, casuals and goofy. You need 4 tryhards survivors to compete with 1 tryhard killer.

    Now put soloQ into the mix and it’s easy to understand why the kill rates don’t make any sense whatsoever.

    If you think that’s fine balancing for casuals with a broken MMR it is because you don’t play any competitive games. In any comp game you have a separate queue with harsher rules :

    • queues are longer to get more balanced matches. Usually you can play while waiting.
    • you see your own skill rating and get rewards the higher it is
    • DC penalty is harsh : you lose SR and get a big temporary ban. Repeat it and you will end up banned for good. You can also be banned for obvious throwing by your teamates, that includes being AFK.

    I am all for a comp queue and a leaderboard for each killer + survivor leaderboard but my guess is that the game is too old for them to implement this. Also it would be unpopular, remember these 8000h streamers complaining about games being too sweaty when the SBMMR was introduced ?

    So instead we end up with a tournament setting outside the game with tons of bans on the survivor side to give a chance to killers, and a live game with a broken MMR with survivors throwing by suiciding or doing useless challenges and giving the illusion of balanced stats.

    DC penalty is harsh : you lose SR and get a big temporary ban. Repeat it and you will end up banned for good. You can also be banned for obvious throwing by your teamates, that includes being AFK.

    Every online PvP game I play hits players with a 30 minute matchmaking cooldown for first offense. I couldn't tell you what happens after that, because I've never received consecutive cooldowns in other games. I do know, however, that a repeat offender who is reported can have their account banned on most, if not all of the games I play.

    DBD gives players what... 3 disconnects before they are hit with a 30 minute matchmaking cooldown?

    I'm not a big rage quitter, but I have my moments from time to time. Unquestionably, I disconnect in DBD more than any other game I've ever played. The game doesn't make my blood boil any more than any other online PvP game, I just know I can do it without consequence...over and over and over.

    BHVR needs to raise the disconnect penalty to 30 minutes. In the spirit of "hot takes," lets say it should be 60 minutes (: Then, thanks to the introduction of bots, they need to implement the ability for players to rejoin their game session. That way, if someone's internet goes out they can attempt to rejoin and continue playing.

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3485766#Comment_3485766

    DC penalty is harsh : you lose SR and get a big temporary ban. Repeat it and you will end up banned for good. You can also be banned for obvious throwing by your teamates, that includes being AFK.

    Every online PvP game I play hits players with a 30 minute matchmaking cooldown for first offense. I couldn't tell you what happens after that, because I've never received consecutive cooldowns in other games. I do know, however, that a repeat offender who is reported can have their account banned on most, if not all of the games I play.

    DBD gives players what... 3 disconnects before they are hit with a 30 minute matchmaking cooldown?

    I'm not a big rage quitter, but I have my moments from time to time. Unquestionably, I disconnect in DBD more than any other game I've ever played. The game doesn't make my blood boil any more than any other online PvP game, I just know I can do it without consequence...over and over and over.

    BHVR needs to raise the disconnect penalty to 30 minutes. In the spirit of "hot takes," lets say it should be 60 minutes (: Then, thanks to the introduction of bots, they need to implement the ability for players to rejoin their game session. That way, if someone's internet goes out they can attempt to rejoin and continue playing.

    That would require them to decide DBD is a competitive game.


    Overwatch QP didn't have a matchmaking ban for leaving last I checked.

    CoD doesn't.

    Battlefield doesn't.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3485944#Comment_3485944

    That would require them to decide DBD is a competitive game.

    Overwatch QP didn't have a matchmaking ban for leaving last I checked.

    CoD doesn't.

    Battlefield doesn't.

    Overwatch QP backfills players when they disconnect, and COD does the same.

    Battlefield is a large enough lobby where one player leaving does not impact the game in any meaningful way.


    DBD doesn't need to be "competitive" by any official means for BHVR to implement harsher DC penalties.

    The reality is that one player leaving a DBD lobby has a larger impact on everyone else's experience than in any of the games you listed. Therefore, what works for them is not also a solution for DBD.

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3485956#Comment_3485956

    Overwatch QP backfills players when they disconnect, and COD does the same.

    Battlefield is a large enough lobby where one player leaving does not impact the game in any meaningful way.

    DBD doesn't need to be "competitive" by any official means for BHVR to implement harsher DC penalties.

    The reality is that one player leaving a DBD lobby has a larger impact on everyone else's experience than in any of the games you listed. Therefore, what works for them is not also a solution for DBD.

    They are replaced by a bot, which is effectively the same a backfilled player.

  • My controversial take, pallet looping is boring for killers. Running around a pallet 3 times till they drop it, break and move to the next one which is not far at all is mind numbing.

    However actually chasing someone across the map as they try and run and use whatever is available to them is fun. And all credit to them if they can lose you doing it.

  • @BarnesFlam said:

    The Blindness status effect is very weak and easily countered by SWFs. It needs an update.

    I think the problem with Blindness is that most of the time, it does nothing. There's only 2 perks in the game which I'd say make the Blindness status work and it is Hex: The Third Seal and Fearmonger. Any addon or perk that says "this inflicts blindness for 30 seconds" might as well do nothing. At least the first perk denies you information until you break the Hex and the second one stops you from passively gathering info when working on a gen.

    I genuinely don't know how you could change the status without it being too weak or too oppressive, though.

    Anyway, hot takes huh.

    Knight is the second best killer made last year after Wesker.

    Hawkins was my favorite map in the whole game and I lament the loss of it every day.

    ...and I'm out. Sorry, I'm bad at controversies.

  • @MrPsych said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3485400#Comment_3485400

    I think the problem with Blindness is that most of the time, it does nothing. There's only 2 perks in the game which I'd say make the Blindness status work and it is Hex: The Third Seal and Fearmonger. Any addon or perk that says "this inflicts blindness for 30 seconds" might as well do nothing. At least the first perk denies you information until you break the Hex and the second one stops you from passively gathering info when working on a gen.

    I genuinely don't know how you could change the status without it being too weak or too oppressive, though.

    Anyway, hot takes huh.

    Knight is the second best killer made last year after Wesker.

    Hawkins was my favorite map in the whole game and I lament the loss of it every day.

    ...and I'm out. Sorry, I'm bad at controversies.

    They could do like Haemorrhage and add another effect on top, how about Blindness also prevents blessing and benefiting from boon effects?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3485957#Comment_3485957

    They are replaced by a bot, which is effectively the same a backfilled player.

    A bot is not a player.

    Also it’s funny you say DBD is not a comp game but love to bring about your comp Wesker experience all the time.

  • @Murgleïs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3485964#Comment_3485964

    A bot is not a player.

    Also it’s funny you say DBD is not a comp game but love to bring about your comp Wesker experience all the time.

    Do I enjoy playing competitive DBD? Yes. Do I think that balancing the game for competitive players is a good move? Absolutely not. Genuinely not sure what your point was with that.


    A bot is infinitely better than a player with no desire to play the game.

  • My hot take: Solo survivor is easy

    -someone with 2000+ hours as solo survivor

  • Extremely hot take, with a little luck, ace on the hole is a good perk.

  • @Wampirita said:

    3-genning is ALWAYS survivor's fault.

    I'm gonna get downvoted into oblivion, but I'm tired of my teammates braindead doing the gens they spawn on, without even doing a surroundings check. They do the first gen they see and then cry they can't finish the 3 closest to each other gens. If all survivors checked gens locations before starting a single one, 3-genning wouldn't be a thing. Yes, I know, you want to leave with the game lasting 3 min, but it won't hurt you to extend it by a bit of an effort. Even if killer forces the 3-gen, it's easy to break if all 3 gens are being chipped separately. And if killer lets their attention on one of them too long, they gonna lose it. Oh but wait, survivors most of the time absolutely SUCK at looping the killer for more than 10s and DC on the first down, because they rather do that than learn.

    As u can probably tell, I'm not a very happy solo Q enthusiast XD

    in the older time of dbd this was probably the case but now not so much as some killers will defend 3 gens right from the get go but there are some cases of the survivors gen locking themselves but not as commonly or at least not what I see

  • @Depressedlegion said:

    Extremely hot take, with a little luck, ace on the hole is a good perk.

    I love this perk. It's so fun to run.

  • Skull Merchant is one of the strongest killers in the game.

1 2 3 ›