Survivor
I hate this game. I've tried for so long to get better at survivor and they just keep making it harder. I've played 7+ games today and not once did ANYONE get out. And I've played with decent survivors. It's so easy for a killer to make a comeback in a game.
Comments
So we're gona ask the insane question of why you keep playing if you genuinely hate it?
I found that the game became CONSIDERABLY better when I just stopped caring about whether I escaped or not.
Sure, sometimes I get killed because I make bad choices with this attitude but I find the game is way more fun when I'm willing to take chances, play with the more fun perks instead of the meta, and overall just not giving a F anymore.
Maybe that's just me taking a huge sniff of COPIUM every game but that does mean that I get to enjoy the game a lot more so if it is that, I'll gladly keep on huffin it.
I've been enjoying survivor (hyperfocus kind of makes gens fun), but tbf, I more of a killer main so don't get the worst of it back to back to back. Today, out of a 4 hour session, I can only cite 1 game that made just want to dc and it was a knight that was hard camping and using the summons to kick gens. The rest was more of my teammates just throwing for rift challenges and though it does suck, it doesn't bother me too much.
SWF.
It's very difficult for killers to snowball without survivors creating the opportunities.
Because it a ton of fun when you get a straight forward game. That's rarely the case
Yeah but that's sad as a survivor that we have to think that way to somewhat enjoy the game
I need one
A killer gets in a corner and the can just camp/tunnel to the end
I dont care if Im able to escape, but I want to know I have at least 50% chance of escaping. 1 death with 3 Gens left discourage me to play the match.
See, I guess I always feel like I do have a chance to escape. Sometimes I don't because I screwed up. Sometimes I get potato teammates (unfortunately that seems to be the biggest culprit many times but that's the nature of multiplayer). Sometimes the killer just outplays me. And sometimes I'm just dum.
But I've always got a shot
It's not uncommon at all to hook someone and turn around to see the other three running circles.
What is that anyway... when a survivor runs in a circle?
Survivor has fail at avoiding detection, then fail to escape the chase (sometimes 2 chases depending on the killer). Killer still needs to get a survivor down before they can capitalize from it.
Maybe they wanna farm. Personally I just see a mistake on their part and opportunity on a silver platter for myself.
Same. I can't enjoy this game if i go in expecting to win, and that goes for when i play killer on the odd occasion too. Expectations just lead to disappointment. I set myself small goals to accomplish instead. Helps to run tome challenges so even if you lose you feel like you've accomplished something.
They keep making it so hard with base kit bt, no grabs and deliverance base kit, i feel you man, lol, if you touch killer the way it seems you will uninstall
That's not hard to do these days
Well measure how much fun those rare matches are vs how much your willing to put up with as (and we say this without malice, its just how it sounds to us) it sounds like ranting/whining about everything in general with no thoughts on how to make it better
Some players make it easier and some make it difficult. There is no strategy for either side is 100% effective every game.
So, as someone who has played the game since 2018 (right after the release of Spirit). I have noticed a downwards spiral in terms of fun games, especially on the survivor side. The evolution of toxic tactics from killers, meta this and meta that, the introduction of SBMM, nerfing pretty much every good perk or item that counter said toxic tactics. I am starting to wonder if BHVR actually playtest on the live servers after a patch goes live, to see how badly balanced one side is compared to the other.
Instead of going by the statistics, which does not represent the true story of gameplay, especially seen through the eyes of a soloqueue survivor.
On a brighter note:
Thats interesting. To me, playing since 2016, i´ve noticed that survivor matches get easier instead of harder. Like a lot.
I remember the times of people deranking on purpose to get easier opponents. Still, today you see the odd smurf account out there. I was watching a friend who just started playing the game try a game of killer, and had a survivor who was ungodly good compared to him.
You are just bad at survivor, unless the killer is hard tunneling at 5 gens 4 decent solos can get 2 out. And no, the fact that tunneling exists doesnt count towards the game being killer sided because so many killers just actively avoid it becaus they know its unfair.
I've seen your other posts, play killer. out of low MMR.
The game is considerably better when you don't actually care about whether or not you win. I have infinitely more fun than high skill players by being indifferent towards winning/losing. I care about having fun, and a generally enjoyable experience.
For me, that means I get to do a gen or two, get chased by the killer, and go for rescues. If someone gets hooked in the endgame, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll try to help them escape even if it means making a trade.
A game that relies on teamwork with 3 random strangers is not going to be that enjoyable it's the same in every game.
Sadly, there isnt much that can be done about smurf accounts. It honestly ruins the game for new players and even might drive them away.
Yeah. The sad truth about any game with SBMM in place. It is so easy to exploit by smurfing. Players who enjoys power trips does this quite often. They usually end up playing a few games against newbies, and then they leave that account until the MMR has dropped all the way back to zero.
Like you said. It is so discouraging for new players when they run into smurfs.
In all fairness, that is why I preferred the old ranking system over the SBMM and grades we have today. Sure it was easy to exploit by deranking on purpose, but you were more often facing players of equal skill or playtime in or around the same rank as you.
Definitely not a troll account
Saying that your survivor games are easier since 2016 is outright false (unless you went from soloQ to SWF).
Back in 2017 the maps enabled a Claudette to duck and hide in the grass right in front of the killer and lose them. No bloodlust, no window hits, no nerfed self care, No exhaustion (SB had a 40 second CD I think). Either you didn't play back then or you have a bad memory, lol.
Most would argue 6.1 put Killer in a best state it has even been. I typically shoot for 8 hooks and no deaths in my games. It is not odd for me to accidentally kill 1 or 2 survivors. Accidentally....not even trying but it happens.
Lets see, back then we also had:
So yeah, i think survivor is easier now.
Are you sure they were decent? I have 1,200 hours so far ,and the majority of my matches have been with brand new players with less than 300 hours. I have to constantly dodge lobbies till I get survivors with high prestige that way I at least know they sunk plenty of hours into the game,and somewhat know how to loop. Those games have been good, the rest where I'm partnered with babies have been ruining and sucking the fun out of this game for me. There is no mmr in this game only RNG.
"I hate this game" then don't play?
Solo queue is definitely the most unrewarding aspect of DBD if you base your enjoyment on escaping solely.
I get much more out of having a few good chases where I run the killer for a few gens every now and then or manage to land a few flashbang saves. For me interacting with the killer is the most enjoyable aspect of playing survivor so I intentionally look for chases and try to get better at running tiles and loops. The game becomes more enjoyable when you find other areas to focus on not directly connected to just escaping.