Running distortion to counter lethal pursuer…

And you still spawn with teammates and the killer is the one who finds you first

Sigh

Comments

  • Here goes the shroud of separation!

  • I get that.

    though I do expect it as well and am okay with it. At least I know the killer is (probably) coming and would have gotten someone anyway. I mainly run Distortion for the info

  • If you saw the Distortion icon light up and lose a stack immediately, why didnt you hide and let the killer find the other survivor instead?

  • @Seraphor said:

    If you saw the Distortion icon light up and lose a stack immediately, why didnt you hide and let the killer find the other survivor instead?

    do you not know what happens to you as a survivor player in end-game-chat if you even think about hiding in this horror game with very obvious hide-and-seek elements?

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3449144#Comment_3449144

    do you not know what happens to you as a survivor player in end-game-chat if you even think about hiding in this horror game with very obvious hide-and-seek elements?

    Nothing because I'm on console. Turn chat off. It's not like the other survivors aren't doing exactly the same thing.

    Or are we going to blame the killer again when the real issue is other survivors?

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3449147#Comment_3449147

    Nothing because I'm on console. Turn chat off. It's not like the other survivors aren't doing exactly the same thing.

    It was mostly meant as a joke.

    because… people are blaming survivors that are hiding or just running Distortion.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3449153#Comment_3449153

    It was mostly meant as a joke.

    because… people are blaming survivors that are hiding or just running Distortion.

    I got the sarcasm at the end, and I meant it in the general sense, sorry if it came across like a personal dig.

  • @Spare_Them_Mori_Me said:

    /s does wonders for textual tension.

    @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3449159#Comment_3449159

    I got the sarcasm at the end, and I meant it in the general sense, sorry if it came across like a personal dig.

    Yes

    Am sorry

  • Distortion also blocks scratch marks for 10 seconds. If you see it go off and you've spawn next to teammates, you can just run away.

  • Oh, is it a thing now? I can get cuss words for using Distortion?

    Interesting... it helps tremendously near gens when killers use "Nowhere To Hide". Which is something I do and I always catch half the team as a killer. Only the other half is smart enough to use Jeff's perk.

  • @Crowman said:

    Distortion also blocks scratch marks for 10 seconds. If you see it go off and you've spawn next to teammates, you can just run away.

    I… what? How am I running this perk and completely forgot this was a thing 🫠

  • That's why you run away from teammates if Distortion goes off.

  • @fulltonon said:

    Here goes the shroud of separation!

    out of topic but that's one of the biggest jokes that devs thought killers would want to use it

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3449144#Comment_3449144

    do you not know what happens to you as a survivor player in end-game-chat if you even think about hiding in this horror game with very obvious hide-and-seek elements?

    Join us on Console then, no end game chat at all.

    You really didn't need those 60fps anyway. Plus we have Doritos! 😎

  • @CorvusCorax86 said:

    Oh, is it a thing now? I can get cuss words for using Distortion?

    Interesting... it helps tremendously near gens when killers use "Nowhere To Hide". Which is something I do and I always catch half the team as a killer. Only the other half is smart enough to use Jeff's perk.

    I always run distortion don’t get hate mail but I’ve had a couple killer’s disconnect over it

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3449147#Comment_3449147

    Join us on Console then, no end game chat at all.

    You really didn't need those 60fps anyway. Plus we have Doritos! 😎

    You forgot about the Mountain Dew as well 😎🤟

  • I like running Distortion, spawning alone and the killer still comes to me first. It's only happened a small handful of times but it's still chuckle worthy.

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    I like running Distortion, spawning alone and the killer still comes to me first. It's only happened a small handful of times but it's still chuckle worthy.

    I love it when the killer has BBQ, crosses the whole map towards my gen after a hook even though i see with Kindred that the other 2 without Distortion were also in BBQ aura range 🫠

  • That's why you run like hell from your team when you hear the sound cue when you load in.

  • I use Distortion on the odd occasion, usually when I want to finish a tome challenge and want to ensure I have that bit of extra time. If I load in with other survivors I'll point across the map if the killer has LP. No idea if they understand but I try to let them know.

  • @fulltonon said:

    Here goes the shroud of separation!

    That's a really good idea. I forgot that offering was a thing

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3449100#Comment_3449100

    That's a really good idea. I forgot that offering was a thing

    Thats a killer offering. The offerings for those are backwards. Killers want survivors to spawn together, but their offering splits them up. Survivors want to spawn separate, but their offering makes them spawn together.


    Generally, if you see your distortion go off at the start of a match, and you are near a teammate, run away from them, or hide. Personally i think distortion is a bit overrated, and if your goal is to not get chased, run the "i suck at looping" build, as i call it. Because i suck at looping and i run it alot.


    Inner Healing + Overcome + Lucky Break + small game/flexperk (or a map)


    You start the game, look for a totem really quick, do it. Then when you get hit by the killer, you get overcome so you get a big speed boost, and you make no scratch marks or blood pools with lucky break. Break line of sight, and run to an area they wouldn't expect and hop into a locker. Usually you can get 2 uses out of it before you run out of lucky break, and now that you can gain charges back it is really good.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3449619#Comment_3449619

    Thats a killer offering. The offerings for those are backwards. Killers want survivors to spawn together, but their offering splits them up. Survivors want to spawn separate, but their offering makes them spawn together.

    Generally, if you see your distortion go off at the start of a match, and you are near a teammate, run away from them, or hide. Personally i think distortion is a bit overrated, and if your goal is to not get chased, run the "i suck at looping" build, as i call it. Because i suck at looping and i run it alot.

    Inner Healing + Overcome + Lucky Break + small game/flexperk (or a map)

    You start the game, look for a totem really quick, do it. Then when you get hit by the killer, you get overcome so you get a big speed boost, and you make no scratch marks or blood pools with lucky break. Break line of sight, and run to an area they wouldn't expect and hop into a locker. Usually you can get 2 uses out of it before you run out of lucky break, and now that you can gain charges back it is really good.

    Nah, I need to start using the one that starts you away from the killer. I think that'll get you away from a teammate as well most of the time.

    Your builds a fun one though. There's more than one way to win a chase and they're equally valid.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3449952#Comment_3449952

    Nah, I need to start using the one that starts you away from the killer. I think that'll get you away from a teammate as well most of the time.

    Your builds a fun one though. There's more than one way to win a chase and they're equally valid.

    i believe it will still spawn people next to you.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3449952#Comment_3449952

    Nah, I need to start using the one that starts you away from the killer. I think that'll get you away from a teammate as well most of the time.

    Your builds a fun one though. There's more than one way to win a chase and they're equally valid.

    It just spawns you far from the killer. You can still spawn near other survivors by using this offering.

  • Distortion is cemented in all my surv loadouts, and when I hear it right a the start of a match, the first thing I do is gtf away from any teammate I see (which is what you should be doing anyway). Or jump in a locker. I wish there was a signal I could give to them, but it is what it is.

    And yeah, it's pretty annoying when you're the one that knows the killer is coming and they still find you first. But sometimes that's just how it goes. Bad luck is bad luck.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    And you still spawn with teammates and the killer is the one who finds you first

    Sigh

    I usually just become one with the wall or a hook, and surprisingly it works 9 out of 10 times. But it is a bit like the Deliverance curse lol