So hook suicides weren't addressed

It's good BHVR is making it so DCers will be replaced by bots but many people kill themselves on hook instead to avoid the DC penalty and that's not being changed at all.

Please just remove the unhook attempt if you aren't running Deliverance, please.

(Also rework Slippery Meat, Up the Ante and Luck offerings)

Comments

  • @ElodieSimp said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3433845#Comment_3433845

    If there was a written rule on this "agreement" then sure it could be punishable. Other than that you're just trying to be a dictator on how others should conduct themselves in an online game. Haven't played an online game yet that states what you're saying, most games offer ways to exit the game, for whatever reason.

    It's not up to you to decide.

    Most games penalize repeat offenders for leaving the game, so your point is moot. It's made even worse by the fact that only one role has the free dc tech.

  • @ElodieSimp said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3433845#Comment_3433845

    If there was a written rule on this "agreement" then sure it could be punishable. Other than that you're just trying to be a dictator on how others should conduct themselves in an online game. Haven't played an online game yet that states what you're saying, most games offer ways to exit the game, for whatever reason.

    It's not up to you to decide.

    The problem is if anyone can just leave for any reason whenever they want and that's okay then no games would ever happen :p

  • You cannot force people to play a game they do not want to play.

  • @Aaronseuk said:

    Why aren’t people just owning up to why they DC or Hookacide?

    I can tell you right now, I will disconnect or death on hook depending on how the killer or team mates are playing.

    For example, Wesker running all the aura possible the other day. Would t leave me alone for 4 gens. Hooked once after gen 2 pop, waited around for unhook, chased me until 3 pop, grabbed me on 4 just completing and hooked. Survivor waited for him to clear earlier, straight back grabbed me while being healed… and I disconnected.

    The problem is, the unfairness of killer play style. I will disconnect no issue if they play like this even with a multiple day ban.. plenty of other games out there.

    I totally agree you shouldn’t disconnect just for one down/hook, that’s churlish… but tunnelling is an unfair trait and agitates, especially after several games.

    The other thing that irritates; I did 3 gens on my own in SoloQ… they didn’t do one collectively. They allowed me to get to second stage, from first hook, so I had enough by then. Hook suicide. Helped killer as he/she then killed all 3.

    Agree disconnects are annoying, but I’d say ‘usually’ reasoning behind it. I sit that squarely at matchmaking. Most issues are low experience killer and high survivor and vice-versa.

    I agree, remove one gen requirement from survivors unless one remaining and bung the killer a hook state. Perhaps guarantee all players no pip loss for the round.

    Fix the matching and tunnelling and I’d imagine this wouldn’t be an issue.

    You kept Wesker occupied for your team for four gens. That's pretty laudable.

    People have to realize that this is a team game. You've got two objectives, collectively. Do gens, occupy the killer. Just because you personally do those things does not mean you in particular get out. You're playing with and for your team. Anytime you can buy them time you're winning.

    I also think BP bonuses should reflect this.

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446547#Comment_3446547

    I think it isn’t reportable because you can’t really discern the ‘legitimacy’ of someone dying on hook. Are they just bad at hitting skill checks? Are they new and trying to escape (which the user guide does encourage)? Are they irritated because no one saved them in first hook? Were they tunneled? There are just too many variables that would need to be assessed to assign punishment for such a natural feature of the game.

    That's exactly my point! The numerous issues with reporting is all summed up in what you wrote. It's improbably a successful report would get through. There is simply no one, simple solution other than bots for this. With luck, maybe there shall be a way to implement bots like this in future.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3447089#Comment_3447089

    You kept Wesker occupied for your team for four gens. That's pretty laudable.

    People have to realize that this is a team game. You've got two objectives, collectively. Do gens, occupy the killer. Just because you personally do those things does not mean you in particular get out. You're playing with and for your team. Anytime you can buy them time you're winning.

    I also think BP bonuses should reflect this.

    I think the point was… I didn’t want to be chased for 4 gens lol

    And I certainly didn’t want to be tunnelled out from the get-go.

  • @Aaronseuk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3447105#Comment_3447105

    I think the point was… I didn’t want to be chased for 4 gens lol

    And I certainly didn’t want to be tunnelled out from the get-go.

    So what you wanted was to......hold m1 for 4 gens? That's an interesting perspective.

    Dead by Daylight Skillcheck Simulator. Killer perks, items and add-ons that can affect the Skillcheck in any way can be tested and learned here.

    Here. Now you never have to boot up DBD again, since it's apparently what you want from the game. You're welcome.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    You cannot force people to play a game they do not want to play.

    Except you can very well make them play the game they may otherwise easily quits, that's exactly what DC penalty does, and surprisingly it made people quit less!

    Yeah we should remove kobeing and make DC penalty little harsher, it benefits game a lot without penalizing normal players.

  • I think the self-unhook is important if for making sure there's interactivity at every. I don't think a survivor should every be in a scenario where their only option is to just sit there and wait. Self-unhook gives survivors something to do while hooked, and could allow them to make a comeback.

  • @Chordyceps said:

    I think the self-unhook is important if for making sure there's interactivity at every. I don't think a survivor should every be in a scenario where their only option is to just sit there and wait. Self-unhook gives survivors something to do while hooked, and could allow them to make a comeback.

    Then just remove penalties, and maybe reduce the chances, who cares if they got free (extremely low) chance of unhook? it doesn't happen normally anyways.

  • @Krazzik said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3433810#Comment_3433810

    And by FAR the best way to do that acheivement is to run Deli, which you would still be able to do.

    Not everyone has Adam tho

  • Then just don't try to get every achievements? like do you think anyone gonna complain for adepts because "not everyone have that character" lol

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3447104#Comment_3447104

    Except you can very well make them play the game they may otherwise easily quits, that's exactly what DC penalty does, and surprisingly it made people quit less!

    Yeah we should remove kobeing and make DC penalty little harsher, it benefits game a lot without penalizing normal players.

    Wonderful. I'll go with an old example.

    Would you rather have the person who wants out of the game dead or following you around for unhooking them, dropping every pallet in the map, leading the killer to you, body blocking you and intentionally missing skill checks?

    What is more hostile to your experience? Them simply being not present or actively sabotaging you?

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3447767#Comment_3447767

    Wonderful. I'll go with an old example.

    Would you rather have the person who wants out of the game dead or following you around for unhooking them, dropping every pallet in the map, leading the killer to you, body blocking you and intentionally missing skill checks?

    What is more hostile to your experience? Them simply being not present or actively sabotaging you?

    Except, the truth is, most of those who DC do not want to do such act.

    99% of players who gonna dc/suicide will just try to win if they can't leave, losing against the killer is the worst thing they can get, they might not like killers but that's not always the case against their "teammates".

    And do note those kind of acts are against the rules too, so since we can obviously report them, I suppose it's nice thing to actually punish those who harming the game?

  • Let me ask you this.

    If I, as killer enter a game with perfectly matched survivors, what should I expect as a good game? 1K? 2K? 4K?

    If I, as survivor enter a game vs. a perfectly matched killer, what should I eexpect as a good game? Does 2 of the 4 survivors escape? Does only 1 escape via hatch? Does that escaped survivor have to be me?

    That is the biggest problem that will NEVER be solved. Every single player has their idea of what a "Good game" is... How many players DC the second they are downed? OBviously they expect to get a full escape without ever being downed even once. That's not reasonable, but is is for them. The matchmaking is bad because it had the audacity to put them against a killer that is too good for them. But wait, the opposite? Well, they looped that killer for 5 gen and got out and the killer didn't even injure them well, then that was a great game, perfect match and they will make sure to say "gg ez" to the killer. Yes, I know not every player is like that, but the problem is just the fact that no matter what matchmaking they try, the 'good game' conditions of every player is different.

1 2 ›