Survivors: Do you enjoy the "Hit & Run" playstyle?

I personally find it to be extremely unfun to play vs, especially in an uncoordinated team. And I've hated it even during the gen-kick meta. But I've seen several praises for it so I thought I'd have a directed conversation about it.

Before the dead-hard nerf, anti-healing builds centered around this playstyle were tolerable because if I had good timing I could force a 2-healthstate chase anyways. I know how to play injured and can usually hold my own even without DH.

After the nerf though, on certain maps, it feels so tiresome having a 0.1s window to react to a silent bell wraith 1-tapping you from around the corner. And its gotten to the point where I usually just go next after they hook me.

The only counter and probably the reason why the strat isn't viable in a competitive setting is just to have all 4 survivors spread out and communicate when they see the killer. This obviously rarely ever happens in solo-queue. And its super frustrating to just watch a team bleed-out from everyone being too scared to touch gens.

I do think the strategy should be nerfed, but only after killers are given an alternative meta. Which at present there isn't one, so I'm very understanding.

Thoughts?

Comments

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3417838#Comment_3417838

    It's extremely normal, so normal they've made perks and killers around the notion of doing it.

    Yeah because they're dumb, that doesn't mean it's normal. They made bubba, a killer that can facecamp super well, that doesn't mean facecamping is a normal or healthy or good way to play that should be encouraged

  • @1ettuce said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3417845#Comment_3417845

    Yeah because they're dumb, that doesn't mean it's normal. They made bubba, a killer that can facecamp super well, that doesn't mean facecamping is a normal or healthy or good way to play that should be encouraged

    Bubba power isn't designed to facecamp but his power design allows him to. It's an unintended side effect while stealth killers like wraith and onryo are designed to use hit and run. Huntress,myres,Trickster are all good at face camping as well does that mean they are designed to do so?

  • @1ettuce said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3417845#Comment_3417845

    Yeah because they're dumb, that doesn't mean it's normal. They made bubba, a killer that can facecamp super well, that doesn't mean facecamping is a normal or healthy or good way to play that should be encouraged

    So how does legion use his power then? Just hit one survivor then cancel his power? You sound ridiculous

  • So a Killer deciding not to chase a Survivor to a strong structure like GOJ main building is lazy?

  • @Doomzilla said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3417847#Comment_3417847

    So how does legion use his power then? Just hit one survivor then cancel his power? You sound ridiculous

    recognize the difference between player responsibility and dev responsibility

  • Seems like a lot wants chase meta but here the thing from a killer pov. Why should I chase you if all you going to do is bring a Garden of Joy map offering and just lead me to the main building every single time where every chase ends up 30+ secs? If ppl really want a chase meta then try that bvhr to hire actual good map designers and make maps less safe and encourage scourage chasing. There a lot of maps in DBD that are horrible to chase survivors in bc alot of those chases end up being 30+ secs thanks to pallets linking together, strong building and windows.

  • @appleas said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3417823#Comment_3417823

    So a Killer deciding not to chase a Survivor to a strong structure like GOJ main building is lazy?

    a killer deciding not to chase a survivor for no real reason is lazy, just getting the injure and instantly dropping chase, yes that's lazy

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3417847#Comment_3417847

    Bubba power isn't designed to facecamp but his power design allows him to. It's an unintended side effect while stealth killers like wraith and onryo are designed to use hit and run. Huntress,myres,Trickster are all good at face camping as well does that mean they are designed to do so?

    my point is that the devs can be wrong in their intentions. legion and sadako I'm honestly ok with, despite them still being boring, since the tr/tp sound gives ample time to react and ensures the killer will actually have to chase them for a bit to get anything significant out of the ambush. but something like hit and run wraith is just really stupidly lazy, just slapping on sloppy nurses jolt or whatever and just dropping chases the moment u get an injure, then sneaking back w high likelihood you'll be able to immediately get a hit right after uncloaking

  • @1ettuce said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3417906#Comment_3417906

    a killer deciding not to chase a survivor for no real reason is lazy, just getting the injure and instantly dropping chase, yes that's lazy

    That doesn’t answer my question but sure. So what is a “real reason” that justifies dropping the chase?

  • @appleas said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3417917#Comment_3417917

    That doesn’t answer my question but sure. So what is a “real reason” that justifies dropping the chase?

    If the survivor goes to goj main then yeah. But u can just get an injure and immediately leave without any consideration of what tile they're at, that's what's lazy

  • Its the reason I DC against Wraith's and Ghostfaces. Nothing more unfun than having ghostface stare at me while I can do literally nothing to uncloak him then he leaves n comes back a minute later to insta down me without warning lol. I dont even mind if it isn't chase orientated since I like playing stealthy as a survivor but with killers like this you don't even get a chance to play stealthy its just do gens until they decide to come back to you

  • @BlueRose said:

    Seems like a lot wants chase meta but here the thing from a killer pov. Why should I chase you if all you going to do is bring a Garden of Joy map offering and just lead me to the main building every single time where every chase ends up 30+ secs? If ppl really want a chase meta then try that bvhr to hire actual good map designers and make maps less safe and encourage scourage chasing. There a lot of maps in DBD that are horrible to chase survivors in bc alot of those chases end up being 30+ secs thanks to pallets linking together, strong building and windows.

    I'd rather an actual stealth/horror meta tbh. Make survivors feel terrified to get into a chase thats more fun for me as survivor than just looping the same tile for the 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x time in a day

  • @BlueRose said:

    Seems like a lot wants chase meta but here the thing from a killer pov. Why should I chase you if all you going to do is bring a Garden of Joy map offering and just lead me to the main building every single time where every chase ends up 30+ secs? If ppl really want a chase meta then try that bvhr to hire actual good map designers and make maps less safe and encourage scourage chasing. There a lot of maps in DBD that are horrible to chase survivors in bc alot of those chases end up being 30+ secs thanks to pallets linking together, strong building and windows.

    Exactly, my votes for maps being made WAY less safe as opposed to hnr being viable

  • I've already addressed why killers wouldn't want to chase and that there isn't an alternative to hit and run at the moment due to lack of options.


    But I still see posts claiming I'm trying to neuter killers into the ground.


    Maybe I should try bold font or a picture next time.

  • @HamsterEnjoyer said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3417911#Comment_3417911

    I'd rather an actual stealth/horror meta tbh. Make survivors feel terrified to get into a chase thats more fun for me as survivor than just looping the same tile for the 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x time in a day

    The problem is that stealthing contradicts efficiency. You can't stealth a gen.


    I would be all for a game-mode with no gens or pallets and everyone has no-mither/2 hook states by default and the survivor that stays alive the longest wins, or something similar that probably needs a time-constraint.


    It would be a nice way to practice mind-games and fooling around while still having tense moments and killers could finally practice chase against real players without having the stress of gens.

  • I personally don't enjoy it. I like chases as a survivor and hit and run revolves around some dude hitting you, going away, just to try and finish you off when you're not in a good spot and it minimizes how much time you actually get chased for, and it's like, man... it's boring. It's good, and I don't care if people do it because if you wanna win you wanna win, but that's what I think.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3417838#Comment_3417838

    It's extremely normal, so normal they've made perks and killers around the notion of doing it.

    Also like lmao this doesn't mean it's normal at all seriously I don't know how u thought this was a point. They've also made knock out, does that mean slugging is normal? Or is that just an unintended side effect? Same with infectious. Same with old dying light and tunneling lol. Just because the devs proceed with making bad decisions doesn't make their decisions good, chases should be encouraged and dropping chase the moment u get an injure should not be bc it's lazy and boring 👍

  • I like it with Ghostface/Pig, but not so much with 'free' hit killers like Wraith or Spirit. When a gen has a deadzone where the Killer can just zip on top of you before you can quite respond, its miserable. At least with Pig/Ghostface I can see them approaching, so the failure is mine alone. If gens had a guaranteed window near them, I wouldn't care. I also typically don't mind when playing with friends, because if we fail to (coordinate a) heal, that's our fault and we get punished for it.

  • Also like I have no problem when hnr is used just to waste survivors' time but it's so stupid and lazy when used to just get effortless downs, that's why I'm kinda ok w it on legion and sadako but even then if they create deadzones like what are you meant to do. Maybe just be a bit greedy depending on the situation, idk, idk if that really works or not cuz it's hard to visualize but j saying killers who can sneak up injure sneak up down are just boring and that is literally just lazy

  • @1ettuce said:

    Also like I have no problem when hnr is used just to waste survivors' time but it's so stupid and lazy when used to just get effortless downs, that's why I'm kinda ok w it on legion and sadako but even then if they create deadzones like what are you meant to do. Maybe just be a bit greedy depending on the situation, idk, idk if that really works or not cuz it's hard to visualize but j saying killers who can sneak up injure sneak up down are just boring and that is literally just lazy

    My favorite is when the 3gen on the map is an unsafe one and you have to spend so many hookstates trying to break it.

  • @1ettuce said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3417845#Comment_3417845

    Also like lmao this doesn't mean it's normal at all seriously I don't know how u thought this was a point. They've also made knock out, does that mean slugging is normal? Or is that just an unintended side effect? Same with infectious. Same with old dying light and tunneling lol. Just because the devs proceed with making bad decisions doesn't make their decisions good, chases should be encouraged and dropping chase the moment u get an injure should not be bc it's lazy and boring 👍

    All of the things you've listed are normal for this game. You just don't like those things and think they aren't normal.

    Slugging is a normal and necessary part of the game in moderation.

    Tunneling is a normal and necessary part of the game in moderation.

    Infectious Fright has never been a super strong it just literally is another form of tracking which is highly normal in this game.

    I'm not saying chases shouldn't be encouraged, but I am saying that hit and run also should continue to be a viable style of play considering we have killers WHO ARE DESIGNED PURPOSELY FOR THAT and there are PLAYERS OTHER THAN YOU WHO LIKE PLAYING THAT WAY.

    It ain't all about you and whether you feel something is boring and lazy especially when you're objectively wrong.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3420086#Comment_3420086

    All of the things you've listed are normal for this game. You just don't like those things and think they aren't normal.

    Slugging is a normal and necessary part of the game in moderation.

    Tunneling is a normal and necessary part of the game in moderation.

    Infectious Fright has never been a super strong it just literally is another form of tracking which is highly normal in this game.

    I'm not saying chases shouldn't be encouraged, but I am saying that hit and run also should continue to be a viable style of play considering we have killers WHO ARE DESIGNED PURPOSELY FOR THAT and there are PLAYERS OTHER THAN YOU WHO LIKE PLAYING THAT WAY.

    It ain't all about you and whether you feel something is boring and lazy especially when you're objectively wrong.

    What exactly do u think I mean by normal lol? Also just because there's killers designed for that purpose doesn't mean it's a good thing that that's the case lol. Also also saying I'm objectively wrong for saying that never committing to chases is boring and lazy even tho that's more like objectively right, u are one funny guy lmao

  • @1ettuce said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3420391#Comment_3420391

    What exactly do u think I mean by normal lol? Also just because there's killers designed for that purpose doesn't mean it's a good thing that that's the case lol. Also also saying I'm objectively wrong for saying that never committing to chases is boring and lazy even tho that's more like objectively right, u are one funny guy lmao

    The logic of "there's killers designed to do this so it has to stay viable" is beyond meaningless. It's like it there was a killer that was designed to excel at tunneling. Would that mean tunneling should stay viable? No!!! The killer is just poorly designed lmao figure it out

  • Again I'd be fine w any of this if solos could actually heal up but as it is rn hit and run is, or at least can be a pub stomp strat for ppl who want downs but find chasing too hard. Lazy (ig that means that it's not the killers that are poorly designed but whatever I stick behind the specifics)

  • @1ettuce said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3420391#Comment_3420391

    What exactly do u think I mean by normal lol? Also just because there's killers designed for that purpose doesn't mean it's a good thing that that's the case lol. Also also saying I'm objectively wrong for saying that never committing to chases is boring and lazy even tho that's more like objectively right, u are one funny guy lmao

    I haven't been guy in a while, but I am known to be funny.

    Also you are objectively wrong because you're portraying your personal feelings as a rote statement of fact.

    @1ettuce said:

    Again I'd be fine w any of this if solos could actually heal up but as it is rn hit and run is, or at least can be a pub stomp strat for ppl who want downs but find chasing too hard. Lazy (ig that means that it's not the killers that are poorly designed but whatever I stick behind the specifics)

    Literally any playstyle other than looping like a robot can be a pub stomp scenario for solo q. You're also making a value judgement about players who do hit and run which is weird. Hit and run isn't exactly an easy thing to do, a far sight harder to manage than just going for direct downs. If you're getting creased by it consistently then you would be the one with the skill issue not the killer.

    @1ettuce said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3420400#Comment_3420400

    The logic of "there's killers designed to do this so it has to stay viable" is beyond meaningless. It's like it there was a killer that was designed to excel at tunneling. Would that mean tunneling should stay viable? No!!! The killer is just poorly designed lmao figure it out

    Killers designed around certain playstyles is pretty much the most meaningful things as if they weren't designed around anything in particularly they wouldn't be any different than a survivor. With that being the case it is better to make those playstyles at least somewhat viable so you don't have killers who are basically dead.

  • Survivors really do be complaining about EVERY SINGLE killer playstyle.

  • Ok let me see here.....

    Tunneling Strat......Hated (understandable)

    Camping Strat.......Hated (Annoying Yes)

    Gen Kick Strat........Hated

    Chase Strat aka Anti Loop.......Hated

    Now Hit and Run.......Hated

    So is there any Strat that a Killer can use that won't be hated and "They should get rid of it". I know as a soloQ Survivor many Killer Strats are annoying but I see no issues with any Strat unless it's a full face camper Bubba....

  • @1ettuce said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3417837#Comment_3417837

    No it's not lmao, actually comitting to chases is playing normally, dropping chase the moment u injure someone is definitely not playing normally

    It is if it's a Hit and Run Killer. That's normal play style for them.....Hag, Wraith, Legion are just a few where their power is designed for Hit and Run and not chase.

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3417838#Comment_3417838

    It is if it's a Hit and Run Killer. That's normal play style for them.....Hag, Wraith, Legion are just a few where their power is designed for Hit and Run and not chase.

    when i say playing normally im referring to just chasing, those killers in that regard are not normal.

    @VikingDragonXii said:

    Ok let me see here.....

    Tunneling Strat......Hated (understandable)

    Camping Strat.......Hated (Annoying Yes)

    Gen Kick Strat........Hated

    Chase Strat aka Anti Loop.......Hated

    Now Hit and Run.......Hated

    So is there any Strat that a Killer can use that won't be hated and "They should get rid of it". I know as a soloQ Survivor many Killer Strats are annoying but I see no issues with any Strat unless it's a full face camper Bubba....

    anti loop isnt whats hated, anti choice is (artist, dredge, knight, etc) anti loop is enjoyed by most (huntress, billy, blight w/o op addons, etc)

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3420400#Comment_3420400

    I haven't been guy in a while, but I am known to be funny.

    Also you are objectively wrong because you're portraying your personal feelings as a rote statement of fact.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3420406#Comment_3420406

    Literally any playstyle other than looping like a robot can be a pub stomp scenario for solo q. You're also making a value judgement about players who do hit and run which is weird. Hit and run isn't exactly an easy thing to do, a far sight harder to manage than just going for direct downs. If you're getting creased by it consistently then you would be the one with the skill issue not the killer.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3420402#Comment_3420402

    Killers designed around certain playstyles is pretty much the most meaningful things as if they weren't designed around anything in particularly they wouldn't be any different than a survivor. With that being the case it is better to make those playstyles at least somewhat viable so you don't have killers who are basically dead.

    Hit and run is absolutely an easy thing to do are u serious? You literally just sneak up, injure survivors, leave them, sneak up again, down them. It's effortless downs. But yeah it's a skill issue when I'm injured in a bad spot and there's nothing I can do if a stealth killer sneaks up on me bc I'm in solo. Be serious for once please

  • Again! I'd be fine w this if solos could heal up! Then hnr would just slow the game down for survs instead of progressing the game for killers. But rn it's a lazy way to get free downs against the already weakest role. At least, if we're being honest, but ik we're not. Also lol, "hit and run isnn't easy." You realize legion, a hit and run killer, has one of the lowest skill ceilings in the game? Same with wraith, but I'm guessing y'all would actually say they have high skill ceilings somehow...

  • @1ettuce said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3420414#Comment_3420414

    Hit and run is absolutely an easy thing to do are u serious? You literally just sneak up, injure survivors, leave them, sneak up again, down them. It's effortless downs. But yeah it's a skill issue when I'm injured in a bad spot and there's nothing I can do if a stealth killer sneaks up on me bc I'm in solo. Be serious for once please

    I'm being completely serious, but you're complaining about a stealth killer doing what stealth killers do. You have a skill issue that you refuse to accept and address. You would rather see the killer limited to a style of play you're personally better equipped to handle instead of getting better at dealing with the situation. So what is it if not a skill issue

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3420907#Comment_3420907

    I'm being completely serious, but you're complaining about a stealth killer doing what stealth killers do. You have a skill issue that you refuse to accept and address. You would rather see the killer limited to a style of play you're personally better equipped to handle instead of getting better at dealing with the situation. So what is it if not a skill issue

    Stealth killer =/= committing to zero chases, you really have no idea what you're talking about. Also like I've already said, there just isn't anything you can do about in soloq besides playing obnoxiously safe. Not a skill issue just reality

  • @1ettuce said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3421083#Comment_3421083

    Stealth killer =/= committing to zero chases, you really have no idea what you're talking about. Also like I've already said, there just isn't anything you can do about in soloq besides playing obnoxiously safe. Not a skill issue just reality

    Committing to chases foregoes a great deal of your stealth and if someone wants to maintain their stealth advantage for as long as possible you would do hit and run. I know exactly what I am talking about and you can't do anything about it in soloq, but that I personally don't have that problem and when I do play survivor it is only in soloq cause my friends won't touch this game with a 10ft pole. I would hazard to guess that the vast majority of soloq players aren't struggling with hit and run the way you seem to be.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3421086#Comment_3421086

    Committing to chases foregoes a great deal of your stealth and if someone wants to maintain their stealth advantage for as long as possible you would do hit and run. I know exactly what I am talking about and you can't do anything about it in soloq, but that I personally don't have that problem and when I do play survivor it is only in soloq cause my friends won't touch this game with a 10ft pole. I would hazard to guess that the vast majority of soloq players aren't struggling with hit and run the way you seem to be.

    Hit and run isn't a problem vs solos because you guess that it isn't, got it 👍 also yeah but so what, you used your stealth to get an easy first hit on a survivor now the chase can be much shorter. But of course even then committing to chase is just too hard for some people I guess, but of course that's not a skill issue

  • HnR is fine. Is it a style that can be annoying? Sure, but it has reasonable counterplay and survivors still can play a game out. I don't condone hard tunneling or camping at 5 gens because it basically leaves at least one survivor without anything to do for most of the game except hang on a hook. 3-gening at the start of the game is something I also don't condone as there is little counterplay (understand I'm looking at all of this via solo queue). HnR on the other hand can be defeated by solo queue with reasonable play.

    There are many playstyles in the game that are "annoying" or "boring" for one side or the other, but that doesn't mean they aren't valid styles of play. I like chases, but if this game was nothing but chases, I would have lost interest a long time ago.

  • @Maelstrom808 said:

    HnR is fine. Is it a style that can be annoying? Sure, but it has reasonable counterplay and survivors still can play a game out. I don't condone hard tunneling or camping at 5 gens because it basically leaves at least one survivor without anything to do for most of the game except hang on a hook. 3-gening at the start of the game is something I also don't condone as there is little counterplay (understand I'm looking at all of this via solo queue). HnR on the other hand can be defeated by solo queue with reasonable play.

    There are many playstyles in the game that are "annoying" or "boring" for one side or the other, but that doesn't mean they aren't valid styles of play. I like chases, but if this game was nothing but chases, I would have lost interest a long time ago.

    What do you do about it in solo?

  • oook whats playing like a normal person?

  • @1ettuce said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3420703#Comment_3420703

    when i say playing normally im referring to just chasing, those killers in that regard are not normal.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3420702#Comment_3420702

    anti loop isnt whats hated, anti choice is (artist, dredge, knight, etc) anti loop is enjoyed by most (huntress, billy, blight w/o op addons, etc)

    I've seen a lot of you posted in this thread and it sounds like you want a killer who will just chase one person no matter if he catches you or not.

    you know killers don't like chasing one person just to lose 4 gens pretty much losing the game.

    also unless killers are AI were not playing for survivors fun.

  • Hit and run is only a problem with stealth killers that use Sloppy Butcher, especially now that healing in solo queue has been nuked.

  • Go immersed is the easiest solution. This is one of the reasons Spine Chill is still in my kit. If I see the killer is doing HnR and that icon lights up with no one in chase, I know to dive for cover. HnR depends on the killer finding survivors quickly and being able to chain hit after hit to keep pressure up and not give them time to breath. They can't afford to spend 30-40 seconds searching around a gen for an immersed survivor. And by the time they find you, you can often have set up an escape route so you put them in chase any way, wasting more time of theirs.

    This is part of what I'm talking about. I love hide and seek as a survivor but it annoys me to no end as killer. I can't run a killer for three gens, but I have wasted three gens worth of a killer's time while they keep trying to catch me on a gen.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/374328/survivors-do-you-enjoy-the-hit-run-playstyle

    I'm gonna repost something i posted before

    1. Camping is the most boring thing

    2. Ruin+Undying is the most boring thing

    3. Slugging is the most boring

    4. Anti-loop killers are the most boring

    5. Tunneling is the most boring thing

    6. 3-gens are the most boring

    7. Hit and run is the most boring <----------------- you are here.

    8. Killers Pressuring gens is boring

    9. Anti-Healing is boring

    10. Killers even playing the game is boring

    Meanwhile:

    JUST PRESSURE GENS KILLERS.

    Exactly what kind of "play style" should killers do, that is a viable way to win, that isn't boring to you? Because at this point, it seems the only acceptable way to play as killer is to:

    • Play a standard m1 killer
    • Pick a single survivor, and chase only them, making sure to never use your power.
    • Don't use any perks
    • Once you down and hook that survivor, you need to immediately start running to the survivor that is the absolute furthest away from the hooked survivor.
    • Then you repeat.
    • But make sure after you hook the second survivor, that the 3rd survivor you chase, is not the one that saved the unhooked person (they might still be healing) but the 4th guy who has only been on gens.
    • Repeat, making sure you do them in order, so nobody is eliminated from the game. Then if you actually make it to endgame, you can't camp the hook during endgame, you have to open the exit gates
    • Then you have to let the other survivors save and body block, so all 4 escape, and then you have to let them teabbag you at the gate, you can't just run to the other end of the map and stare at a wall. You have to make sure you specifically WATCH them teabag.
    • Also don't hit them to force them out, you need to let them teabag you for the full 2 minute timer.
    • Also make sure you say: "man i suck really bad" and agree with them when they say "gg baby killer ez"

    At some point, i think you need to examine yourself, and decide what it is you really want out of this game. Because there i so much conflicting information about what survivors want from:

    • You need to chase more people
    • You need to chase less
    • Let us do gens
    • Stop camping hooks
    • Stop camping gens
    • Stop proxy camping
    • Don't defend hex totems (yes i heard this once)
    • Pressure gens better
    • Don't tunnel
    • Camping in endgame is boring
    • GG EZ killer couldn't get kills

    Like for real, what the actual ######### do you want?

    Sometimes i feel that SOME survivors want to play a game where they can pressure the adversary any way they want (Gens, sabotaging hooks, body blocking, flash saving) but when the adversary tries to respond accordinly the game becomes "unfun". I can't forget these day one guy was saying that dropping a surv was "too strong" because it ruins sabotage.

    Some want to play against a hired Jester that will eat every BS and will not fight back. People can't understand that if u are using a strat to win, the other side will also do that.

  • @Sharby said:

    I personally find it to be extremely unfun to play vs, especially in an uncoordinated team. And I've hated it even during the gen-kick meta. But I've seen several praises for it so I thought I'd have a directed conversation about it.

    Before the dead-hard nerf, anti-healing builds centered around this playstyle were tolerable because if I had good timing I could force a 2-healthstate chase anyways. I know how to play injured and can usually hold my own even without DH.

    After the nerf though, on certain maps, it feels so tiresome having a 0.1s window to react to a silent bell wraith 1-tapping you from around the corner. And its gotten to the point where I usually just go next after they hook me.

    The only counter and probably the reason why the strat isn't viable in a competitive setting is just to have all 4 survivors spread out and communicate when they see the killer. This obviously rarely ever happens in solo-queue. And its super frustrating to just watch a team bleed-out from everyone being too scared to touch gens.

    I do think the strategy should be nerfed, but only after killers are given an alternative meta. Which at present there isn't one, so I'm very understanding.

    Thoughts?

    I wonder why do survivors mains people think killers do this?

    uhh wait yeah insane god setups and strong connected tiles are still a thing on some maps thanks to the awesome RNG and do you want people to commit chase on those cases?

    if you get a jungle gym into shack into a long rock loop what are u suposse to do with a m1 killer like wraith.?.....brainlessly chasing the survivor untill they wasted your time on that disgusting setup and giving up 3 gens while doing it....?

    what maps had mostly this problems : farm maps , borgo , autohaven , macmillan , the game , garden of pain...... 🙄 mmm

    is not fun for killer either is like "I cant chase here otherwise i insta-loose , well time to switch target , bye"

    as survivor the typical complain is "UHH... BoRiNg why the killer didnt want to chase me on my god setup"

    + some killers are designed to be played like that otherwise they suck against average survivor that can actually loop.

  • @Maelstrom808 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3421117#Comment_3421117

    Go immersed is the easiest solution. This is one of the reasons Spine Chill is still in my kit. If I see the killer is doing HnR and that icon lights up with no one in chase, I know to dive for cover. HnR depends on the killer finding survivors quickly and being able to chain hit after hit to keep pressure up and not give them time to breath. They can't afford to spend 30-40 seconds searching around a gen for an immersed survivor. And by the time they find you, you can often have set up an escape route so you put them in chase any way, wasting more time of theirs.

    This is part of what I'm talking about. I love hide and seek as a survivor but it annoys me to no end as killer. I can't run a killer for three gens, but I have wasted three gens worth of a killer's time while they keep trying to catch me on a gen.

    Sounds decent tbf but really boring and I would think unreliable. Sometimes the killer is within 36m of you but not necessarily about to go after you, perhaps someone else. Or they could have an info perk or see you from a distance before you have time to hide. Idk I see what you're getting at but in general I don't think hiding is so extremely reliable, and could be risky if it ends up wasting much more of your time than the killer's

  • Survivors : "umm if you're bad and don't have macro play and know when to drop chase then you deserve to lose"

    Killers: hit and run

    Survivors: "NOOOO not like that!!!"

  • @Maelstrom808 said:

    HnR is fine. Is it a style that can be annoying? Sure, but it has reasonable counterplay and survivors still can play a game out. I don't condone hard tunneling or camping at 5 gens because it basically leaves at least one survivor without anything to do for most of the game except hang on a hook. 3-gening at the start of the game is something I also don't condone as there is little counterplay (understand I'm looking at all of this via solo queue). HnR on the other hand can be defeated by solo queue with reasonable play.

    There are many playstyles in the game that are "annoying" or "boring" for one side or the other, but that doesn't mean they aren't valid styles of play. I like chases, but if this game was nothing but chases, I would have lost interest a long time ago.

    At this point, I have to ask, what killer playstyle isn't " annoying"? Because outside of loop simulator, survivors seem to hate every killer strategy

  • @Carth said:

    Survivors : "umm if you're bad and don't have macro play and know when to drop chase then you deserve to lose"

    Killers: hit and run

    Survivors: "NOOOO not like that!!!"

    There's a difference between knowing when to drop chase and just dropping every chase as soon as u get an injure lmao

  • @Sandt21 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3421116#Comment_3421116

    At this point, I have to ask, what killer playstyle isn't " annoying"? Because outside of loop simulator, survivors seem to hate every killer strategy

    "Outside of the strategy survivors don't hate survivors seem to hate every strategy"

  • @1ettuce said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3421270#Comment_3421270

    "Outside of the strategy survivors don't hate survivors seem to hate every strategy"

    For ~12 of the killers in this game, looping simulator is not a viable approach.

    For the rest, most of them have been complained about heavily because they "cheat" the looping process through either antiloop or in chase mobility.

    The only killers and playstyles I've seen not gather ire from survivors are ones that aren't effective.

1 2 3