What old things do you wish returned?

Overall I think most changes have helped the game go in a more positive direction but there are some changes that haven't really been that great. What are some old things you would like to have return?


Some examples of this could be (not saying any of these should come back):

Old freddy

Old hatches

Old hillbilly

Huntress's Old iri heads

Hawkins map

Old ruin

Etc

Comments

  • I WOULD say I want Hawkins back.... but do we REALLY want Skull Merchant on Hawkins?

  • @WeenieDog said:

    Wow... I... I can't believe we all forgot about old BBQ and wglf bp stacks.

    I didn't forget it, i just don't want it back.

  • Pig's reverse bear traps activating when the exit gates opened.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Seraphor said:

    Hawkins

    Night time on Coldwind

    The mature attitude of other players and the ability to accept a loss without blaming everything except their own performance, and ability to move onto the next game without taking out their frustrations on entirely unrelated players.

    There was a night-time coldwind!? That would have been epic

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    Old Spine Chill.

    Omega Blink Nurse just for the tears that will ensue.

    Sluzzy. The forums haven’t been the same since their departure.

    Hawkins Laboratory.

    Old Freddy just to make @GeneralV happy.

    Thank you, my dear friend.

    I am happy to see that you remember me. And my struggle to have my beloved killer back.

    I did the best I could, everyone knows that. But I swear I'll be here if it happens, no matter how unlikely it is.

    I'll be an Old Freddy main forever.

  • Old Freddy, he was my main and I loved his playstyle. I think in current meta he'd be a great Killer since there isnt as much of a focus on defending totems.

    And honestly, bring back old Dead Hard. Fully admitting bias, but I lived using it to help extend a chase to make it to a pallet or vault I otherwise wouldn't be able to. Even as a Killer I didn't really mind it, as all you had to do was wait it out, and some perks like Fearmonger really helped out more

  • Switching killer in lobby

    Old Spooky Fog and Dark Mist Reagent offerings

    Green and Purple Ranks

    OLD Shrine of Secrets

    Old Hatch spawns

    Space Billy

    Pigs bear traps activating on exit gate activation (A pleasant memory to have compared to EGC changes)

    old mori

    OLD DS (yea yea ######### crucify me)

    older version of flash light

    ######### hag

    BP Stacking perks

    Older cosmetic patches that allowed creative freedom from linked sets

    old Thrill of the Hunt

    old ruin

    old OoO

    Old Spirit

    ALL THE OLD MAPS including RPD ...but not hawkins.

    Old grass

    Old Moos from the cow tree

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    Overall I think most changes have helped the game go in a more positive direction but there are some changes that haven't really been that great. What are some old things you would like to have return?

    Some examples of this could be (not saying any of these should come back):

    Old freddy

    Old hatches

    Old hillbilly

    Huntress's Old iri heads

    Hawkins map

    Old ruin

    Etc

    Old Hillbilly is about the only thing that would be an improvement if brought back

  • @Bardon said:

    SkyBilly and SkyDemo

    Seriously, they didn't give an advantage to the killer they were just plain fun - and most times when you did pull it off the survivors loved it too!

    Agree with this. Removing fun (and harmless) stuff like this from the game like this was just dumb

  • Hawkins lab.

    Old moris maybe not original moris but at least one hook Moris. They made getting caught very scary.

    BP stacks on perks like bbq and wglf.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3412793#Comment_3412793

    Thank you, my dear friend.

    I am happy to see that you remember me. And my struggle to have my beloved killer back.

    I did the best I could, everyone knows that. But I swear I'll be here if it happens, no matter how unlikely it is.

    I'll be an Old Freddy main forever.

    I'll never forget you πŸ’œ

    Also, you are more than welcome πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’š

    I may not post as much as I used to and I may get banned soon (sometimes I hit post comment before thinking about what I'm writing), but I won't forget you. The passion for your favorite character is legendary and I wish I felt like that for something. Of all the games I've played, this one and it's community (for better or worse), had the biggest impact on me.

    I really do hope they revisit Freddy and either give you back the old one or at least rework him to be close to the old one with QOL additions.

  • Old Mount Ormond. I miss the recessed circular seating area around the fire and how it looked genuinely foggy and snowing.

  • Release Trickster. Might get some confusion on this but I don't really care.

    Old Deathslinger.

    Old Freddy. I wasn't actually around for him, but everything I know about him sounds fanastic.

    Hawkins should come back as a reskinned All Kill map.

    Old Self Care. Old Botany Knowledge.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3415755#Comment_3415755

    I'll never forget you πŸ’œ

    Also, you are more than welcome πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’š

    I may not post as much as I used to and I may get banned soon (sometimes I hit post comment before thinking about what I'm writing), but I won't forget you. The passion for your favorite character is legendary and I wish I felt like that for something. Of all the games I've played, this one and it's community (for better or worse), had the biggest impact on me.

    I really do hope they revisit Freddy and either give you back the old one or at least rework him to be close to the old one with QOL additions.

    I won't forget you either, my friend 🧑

    Your words warm my heart, as does the knowledge that I've left a flame here. A small ember, the hope that one day Old Freddy will return to the game. Your friendship and support will always be part of that flame.

    I am no longer active here, but that hope will never go away. After all, as I've said many times, a Freddy main can dream.

  • Iron will=killers already have aura reading perks/add ons and even some killer powers can find survivors with iron willand all it counters is just 1 killer not the other 29 other killers that MUCH , also you have your tools of scratch marks/pools of blood or killer instinct to find people. Heck I rather a team of iron will users vs a team of proof thyself users when playing killer.

    DS back before 6.1 nerf(not original first made ds)=Seriously am sick of being face camp/tunnel when the last gen gets pop or overall tunnel at any point in the game and cant do nothing about it and dont tell me to use otr because its double edged and if the killer aint tunneling its worthless and at the same time if you do anything at all its effects is totally disabled which is very stupid.

    Pallets= Not dropping)not working properly) them when you know you press the command to drop them and some maps are way too limited the pallets with only a measly 5 or 6 like those stupid auto haven map

    Wiggle system- may as well remove it and go back to the old long bar one since great wiggles are just pointless and does nothing to the killer, its to so call let them stagger by 20% but that is absolute false cause when I play killer I hook fine or when I hit them the killer dont even seem to flinch.

    Hooks= about 10+ extra hooks was added on each map when boil over use to be super broken, now that its trash and worthless for godshakes take out some of the hooks , its so stupid that maps like dead saloon there is like a 6 or so hooks so close to each other on the streets.

  • i want to be in a time where that awful junk tile didn't spawn in the auto realm

  • It's a good bit for me.

    I would like to keep the current maps (though some definitely need more balancing) but have the old atmosphere/color palette back. It was just so much richer and prettier to look at.

    For example, old Coldwind VS new Coldwind. It has a dark and saturated look, whereas new Coldwind is so bright and dry. It especially sucks too because I struggle to see auras on Coldwind sometimes because of how bright it is, actually hurts my eyes sometimes. Same thing with old Ormond, loved the dark grey foggy color. New one just feels so unnecessarily bright. The Crotus Prenn realm had such a pretty atmosphere as well, especially the little Carnival area on Clowns map with the different colored lights.

    I really like the new pallets, but I also would really love for these old pallets to come back. (the older two would get updated textures) It would be a cool idea for the older two and the one we had before the recent redesign to be the universal pallets that could spawn (on any map that doesn't have unique pallets) together. This would give variation but also keep them recognizable as pallets. The Pinhead PTB/Release pallets I personally liked and would love to see them be given to the Autohaven or Coldwind realm. Maybe with other variants as well.

    Screenshot_20230501-034344_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20230501-034409_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20230501-034433_Samsung Internet.jpg


    Another thing I'd love is for old lobbies to come back as customizable options. I know they said they wouldn't and couldn't, but I'd love it. Maybe they could be unlocked by challenges or what chapter(s) you own.

    Old Pop. Getting that -25% of total progress after a hook felt pretty fair imo. Maybe to discourage tunneling they could make it only work if you hook a different survivor than the previous one.

    Stranger Things chapter. I know it wont, but still I want it back like most players.

    That's is pretty much all I can think of off the top of my head.

  • Old instant repair BNP.

1 2 β€Ί