So.. where is the new killer?

I have played this game over a week now with my friend, playing for about 5 hours a day.. and to be honest.. I haven't stumbled upon the Skull Merchant even once. Like I am not even exaggerating, I honestly haven't seen the killer yet.

Do people not buy it, not play it, or.. what's up? I remember when we played on Wesker DLC, I didn't see any other killer than Wesker for like a week, and almost no other map than RPD :D What is thisss

Comments

  • They're trying to force the match to time out around a 3 gen, so there aren't many in queue.

  • Due to them being the 3 gen queen I imagine all survivors DC when they are picked.

    I think they plan to change them a bit so that might change I dunno.

    Thanks to SM nearly every killer regression perk will be nerfed. Like way to go BHVR!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    They're trying to force the match to time out around a 3 gen, so there aren't many in queue.

    I wanted to play against one to see if it's true, but sadly there is none :D Sadly bit too many ghostfaces

  • I just faced one today. First time in a few weeks. She is just boring to play as and play against. There isn't much appeal to her.

  • Boring to play as and against as well as all her perks being terrible. She honestly already needs a full rework. She's got so many design flaws that tweaks aren't going to fix her. Probably the worst chapter they've ever released.

  • @Blueberry said:

    Boring to play as and against as well as all her perks being terrible. She honestly already needs a full rework. She's got so many design flaws that tweaks aren't going to fix her. Probably the worst chapter they've ever released.

    I'm sure instead of a thoughtful balanced rework to her power BHVR will just make it so she can't place drones near gens and not touch her for 2 years leaving her useless

  • Trust me, it's better this way. Almost every single Merchant player only uses her to hold a 3-gen the entire game. Dreadful experience. They really need to rework this killer again and properly this time.

  • @Reddy said:

    I have played this game over a week now with my friend, playing for about 5 hours a day.. and to be honest.. I haven't stumbled upon the Skull Merchant even once. Like I am not even exaggerating, I honestly haven't seen the killer yet.

    Do people not buy it, not play it, or.. what's up? I remember when we played on Wesker DLC, I didn't see any other killer than Wesker for like a week, and almost no other map than RPD :D What is thisss

    I was just thinking yesterday that I haven’t seen Skull Merchant in a while, and I’m ok with that. Super boring to be in hour-long 3-gen standoffs.

  • Just enjoy the fact you havent met one. I'm disgusted by the fact she's getting a tome next. Might mean more SM.

    She will be the only killer i will never play.

  • I haven't played a lot since the patch dropped, about 20h on survivor, but I haven't met Skull Merchant or seen her map even once.

    I don't particularly mind it, though.

  • Because no one cares about the biggest failure in character design since the Twins came out with all the bugs. Well, I was not around these days, but I hear this a lot about Twins.

  • I haven't seen many the last few weeks either. It has been glorious. Unfortunately they decided to feature her in a rift for whatever reason. Expect to see more of her soon. Should have just skipped over her entirely tbh. This killer needs to die a quick death so we're not forced to endure more skull merchant games.

  • She's a very basic Killer when it comes down to it, and her power revolves entirely around macro play, similar to Wraith, Pig, or Sadako. One could argue there's a certain elegance to just playing a basic M1 Killer, but that doesn't have the broadest appeal.

  • Not faced her once and not moaning about it 😅

  • As a killer main, I don't play her because the 3 gen stall is the most boring thing ever.

  • I have faced one, and yeah, she 3 genned us.

  • @Emoba said:

    Trust me, it's better this way. Almost every single Merchant player only uses her to hold a 3-gen the entire game. Dreadful experience. They really need to rework this killer again and properly this time.

    Even deeper than that: get these killer power prototypes out to Fog Whisperers to play on a test server before it's too late to hit the brakes on a DOA killer release like Knight or Skull Merchant. I am 100% confident they'd have more luck if they had players test these things a month out from PTB and give feedback on the design. They seriously can't afford to keep dropping 2 or 3 complete duds for every good chapter like they've been doing since the Twins.

  • I've played against her only once. Someone dced at the start of the game and it still took forever.

  • Average Skull Merchant match lasts about 45 to 50 minutes so the people who play her are constantly in the same game

    I wonder why that is

  • You are just being unlucky. I saw her allready many times and she isn't super rare in my games.

  • I barely see her either (thank god) but I just went up against the same one twice in a row and it killed my entire mood to play dbd so had to get off the game.