Dont understand why killers keep on insisting they need buffs
First of all yes not every killer is in the same tier. They dont need too. Some can be played for fun and others to tryhard your way to rank 1. People act as if every killer needs to be Nurse/Spirit tier while those are blatantly broken and I cant take those killers serious when they type "GG" in post lobby because it really isnt. Same as a DS, DH P-3 Claudette with a flashlight also has no right to ever say "GG".
Lets go back to how killers were back before the buffs they got modern killers believe they never received.
Hooks didnt respawn.
The first characer to level now is Claudette but that wasnt always the case. Back at release you told your friends to level up Jake instead. Sabotaging every hook allowed you to stay safe from the killer (Apart from good Billies) by simply running as far away from the basement as possible. Killers could never drag you to it and thus stop the chase.
There was no Bloodlust.
The only way for a killer to get closer was to stick to the chase for far longer than needed now.
Generators couldnt be regressed.
So each one was kept at 99% to force the killer to check on all of them instead of the remaining ones.
Killers vaulted slower than they do now and survivors didnt get staggered from dropping from heigths.
These 2 things combined resulted in literal infinites for survivors never to be caught.
More pallets and small walls often had 2 next to eachother in the same loop.
From infinites to double pallet loops to current state. Weve come a long way.
No aura reading.
There was no aura reading apart from survivor Bond and Empathy. Killers didnt have free true sight to spot the survivors.
There you have it. Think of this the next time you complain. Playing killer was hell and right now you got it easy. Thinking back I cant do anything other than give respect to those killers who sticked to beeing a killer main. With all of the aura reading today and pallet immune killers we got now the killers mains have no right to still complain about the supposedly overpowered survivors.
My opinion on the matter.
Comments
I would like the ranking system to be looked at most of all so we can stop the farming of low skilled players so people with thousands of hours can have "fun". Rank should be based around hours played so 50-hour players are not matched with 4k hour players.
Thats literally what I said..
And you keep on thinking survivors never play killer. Survivors need to understand? They do!
You guessed wrong.
I wonder what you'll assume next.
I mentioned it before in this thread but it is a ways after the comment you are responding to, but teabagging, at surface value, is not equivalent to camping, but when you consider how it is intended, it comes with an inherent connotation.
It is akin to me walking into a biker bar and walking up to the drunkest, meanest person and giving him the finger and saying **** you mother****!...then being surprised when he punches me in the face. I didn't directly control his actions to punch me, but I knew the likely consequences of my own.
People that teabag in order to taunt or incite know full well that it upsets most people and there might be retaliation in the form of tunneling and camping.
Why do you think the person designated as a "distractor" in a SWF groups is usually the one who is best at juking, equipped with a flashlight and teabags the killer?
and what positive feedback do I give to Survivor? lmfao.
Killers have had nothing but buffs, I 3/4K almost every one of my matches now and it's boring. The last time I did poorly I got looped on Crotus Pren asylum, that building is ridiculous. Which is why I keep reiterating that maps need changes to make the game more enjoyable, not survivor or killer nerfs/buffs.
It's very clear you have no idea what bias is, but please - continue.
No.
Err...
Ugh.
Please.
Stop.
This post made me almost die of cringe.
play killer for an extended periode of time and you'll understand why.
its a rarity that killer matches are actually fun. its usually just pure annoyance wile circling the pallet / window spots trying to catch up / mindgame them.
the thing is: survivors feel great when the killer cant hit them, however, the killer doesnt really feel that great when hooking someone, as that usually means pretty much nothing for the future of the game. the only way a killer actually achieves that feeling is after he hooked someone the 3rd time, as he now sees the results.
its just no fun.
and maybe continuous buffs arent the way to go, however a change in the playstyle would work wonders too.
The only killer buff that I want, is the ability to find a lobby within a reasonable time frame
So basically the game isn't so broken as before but it's still really unfair to play killers other than nurse because she actually has power in this assymetrical game. Stop with the bullshit of "not every killer has to be good" why even release them I want to play a killer viable against good survivors in tried of playing Billy and nurse I want some variety in my games. And the game is still survivor sided that is still true right now.
Born in 1965 just turned 53, I never said I was better educated.
That's true but just because they use DS doesn't mean they magically get to walk out the exit gates and never get touched again does it. You can also just down them yet again a few meters away and not everyone is great at hitting the skillcheck.
Now you could argue that yes hitting that skillcheck after looping the killer because they were the bait is outsmarting the killer. If their plan was to waste the killers time as much as possible and then preferably get downed away from any valuable objectives then yes it was.
(I don't run DS myself and only equipped it for the Laurie adept and at rank 12 when 1st playing tried it 6x. I think it need a nerf but one that works for both sides. That way it doesn't become one of the useless perks but still is good for both sides.)
Actually I did I showed several equations where any or all or any combination of those equations could influence the player ratios. In fact those are a common occurence most online games with DBD being a good example.
WoW has always had an issue with everyone want to play DPS and there not being enough tank and most of all healers. So they introduced the role to encourage people to play those and thus get into dungeons and raids quicker. Well people figured out they could go in with an off spec not suited for that role and bad gear and get into the dungeon quicker.
League did it but they learned to counter it by actually forcing you to choose that position and you could swap to another unless someone traded you. They also encouraged it by adding extra rewards for playing the least desirable spot the support.
What you want is for people to be forced into playing a role just so you can play your favorite role while not wanting to be forced to do the same. Since unless people are forced into playing your desired roles your 4:1 ratio isn't possible 100% of the time.
In fact people will simply do what they've done before not play until they're not forced into a role they don't want to play. You can encourage it by adding extra rewards but you can't force them into playing say killer or survivor if they don't want to.
P3 Claudette says hi about impacting game performance.
Compare that with the pallete of powers on the killer side.