Thank you for DH NERF, COH NERF, Healing NERF

Thank you DEVS, finally worth waiting update

P.S. I don't care about gen regress killer perk nerfs, DH AND COH were the biggest problem this game had, finally our complains made an impact


Although HAG change was pretty not on point, we rarely even see flashlight users to begin with and she was still very demanding and weak, the nerf to her power will make her struggle even more now

Comments

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3379276#Comment_3379276

    The gen kick perks are literally the biggest gripe about killers at the moment, their ability to hold down a 3 gen with no real competition due to the CoB/Overcharge/NtH combo. So this is the ideal killer perk nerf.

    I'm also a bit perplexed about Pain res though, this still isn't the strongest regression perk, and it already has the Scourge hook requirement. I would have sooner seen the regression value reduced before this.

    Yeah I get the complaints on the whole 3 gen thing, I've just never had issues breaking 3 gens even in solo queue so this felt like more of a skill issue. That said, with almost every slow down perk hitting the chopping block people will still probably use these just because there aren't many options left.

    PR literally got nuked. So even with you playing completely fair as a killer your best case scenario is 4 procs from PR..that's it. Ouch that's bad.

  • Too bad they forgot about Alchemist's Ring :(

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3379292#Comment_3379292

    Yeah I get the complaints on the whole 3 gen thing, I've just never had issues breaking 3 gens even in solo queue so this felt like more of a skill issue. That said, with almost every slow down perk hitting the chopping block people will still probably use these just because there aren't many options left.

    PR literally got nuked. So even with you playing completely fair as a killer your best case scenario is 4 procs from PR..that's it. Ouch that's bad.

    As a killer I never use these perks anyway. Jolt seems to be far superior for me, and it requires you to be present in the area you're pressuring anyway.

    Jolt + aura and/or chase perks does me well.

  • @rinnai said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3379054#Comment_3379054

    stop camping and tunnelling then - the patch is an overall attempt at nerfing survivors more - theres fk all actual improvement to camping and tunnelling

    dead hard encouraged tunneling but nobody seems to acknowledge that

  • thankfully devs finally changed annoying issues ( I'm looking at CoH and DH ) but Pain Resonance has been also nerfed cause it was one of the strongest perks

  • @NerfDeadHardPLZ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3379238#Comment_3379238

    Yeah they can adress camping with it, killers wouldn't mind that at all, because killers also enjoy chases, but since the game force you to tunnel or camp because of CoH, DH, Gen rushing addons and items and perks, we had no choice but to camp and tunnel, i am all for it to make game more about chases rather then gen rushers

    Yeah that would be my hope as well. Now that injuring survivors is more rewarding, buying killers more time, they really need to nerf camping as well, and they can now, because killers have better ways to slow down the game.

    nless of course the new meta really just becomes survivors rushing gens while injured.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3379306#Comment_3379306

    As a killer I never use these perks anyway. Jolt seems to be far superior for me, and it requires you to be present in the area you're pressuring anyway.

    Jolt + aura and/or chase perks does me well.

    Yeah I didn't particularly run them either. Jolt was my main slow down which now is hilariously probably the best regression perk in the game. Didn't think I'd see that ever. However now we're gonna see everyone defaulting Jolt so its usage will sky rocket and then it will get nerfed for having too high of a usage lol.

  • @Peachblow said:

    These weren't even major issues. CoH was more of an annoyance than anything (to both killer and survivors equally). The amount of times a survivor would run around aimlessly trying to find a totem when they could be on a gen is quite staggering. It only inconvenienced a killer slightly having to snuff it out. Don't want a survivor to heal? Stay on them.

    Dead Hard was in a good place where it was. It was incredibly easy to bait out, but most killers are just too "trigger happy" and wouldn't learn how to counter it. Most survivors don't even know how to use Dead Hard well enough for it to be a viable choice in their keep.

    "Stay on them"


    That's the point, they are trying to nerf gen regression perks and 3 genning and by extension tunneling by making spreading pressure more powerful. Now instead of going after the same person, you'll want to actually keep everyone injured and run something like thana/sloppy to keep them off the gens.


    I have always thought that we need to make more ways for survivors to not be on gens, then we do to increase the time on gens.

  • @HeyItsQuiet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3379127#Comment_3379127

    The killer "nerfs" were minor percentage changes in comparison to what survivor tools got. It was already easier than ever to secure a minimum of 3k per match, and even Otz did a week of no tunneling and proved that an 80% win rate can be achieved without those tactics. Now unskilled killers are going to be even more empowered to be abusive in game and push our survivor base away.

    And yes, the killer queue waiting time actually did increase after that update, and some days it was so bad I couldn't even get a match in a timely manner and had to go play something else.

    Wraith is still one of the worst killers in the game if you're not getting interupted in a deadzone. Just be aware of you position and stay near save tiles/pallets windows, then he is not that OP. With Sloppy and Nurses he will become stronger though and i guess we will see a lot of Hit&Run Wraiths in future.

  • That's great I think I will tunnel even more than now as that ii now best way to counter new dh and survivors don't have time to heal and take protection hits. And as gen regression perks gets nerfed I need one out soon as possible.

  • Nobody will use Dead Hard thats for sure, time to go back to Sprint Burst lol.

  • I am not a DH user but 0.5sec effect is too low since you can only activate it only after unhooking (I'm guessing it is once per unhook?). Imagine every injured survivor competing to get that 1 hook save for just 0.5sec endurance. lol😆

    Then they die because It is not even a guaranteed protection from killer hit. And also don't forget to consider the latency.

    Maybe Dead Hard will be dead and hard...to use. Who knows...

  • People are claiming that Dead Hard and Circle of Healing weren't issues. Honestly, what game were you playing?

  • @solarjin1 said:

    honestly good patch. I love DH but it was a bit to strong. Survivors can switch to sprint burst and be just as strong low tier killers on other hand are pretty much ######### now with all the regression gone. Should be interesting tho seeing the new meta in action

    This is good for the low tiers in the long term. Less perks carrying their trash tier powers skewing data.

  • CoH definitely deserved to be heavily nerfed. Being able to reliably heal yourself is really strong and giving all survivors that at a decent speed was straight up broken. No one will use the new CoH though, it was nerfed into the ground.

    Dead Hard needed something and this nerf does keep it as strong as it currently is, it just discourages -everyone- bringing it, and it ensures it can't be used in the first chase of the game.

  • @HeyItsQuiet said:

    Can't wait to have 20 minute queues when I want to play killer because nobody wants to play survivor anymore. Just another example of coddling baby killers who can't secure a W without camping and tunneling feeling entitled to remove survivors' ability to heal.

    There are still like 100+ other perks you can use. Maybe you could try them out now since you won't be a meta jockey anymore.

  • @Sometimes_Sage said:

    People are claiming that Dead Hard and Circle of Healing weren't issues. Honestly, what game were you playing?

    No one ever defended these perks without saying "they aren't that strong" and "it's not a big deal" and "it has counterplay". Yet they ran these supposedly not that good perks every game. I've gotten sick of the dishonesty.

  • Only totally biased killer mains can somehow compare nerfing 3 meta perks to 2 nerfing to survivor meta perks aswell as an entire mechanic nerf.

    Could you imagine the crying if all killer vault speed was halved and hooking animation time was doubled. 🤣

    Its hilarious to watch people saying nothing changes... i have watched every single one of my friends leave over the past 2 years, 2 to 4k hours each, and now 1 out of 5 of them may play it 1 day a week for 3 or 4 matches. Thats the reality for me!

  • My only big concern here would be the new healing times in general. Maybe punish self medkit healing by making it slower but when healed by a friend, it shouldn't take that long.

    Also will Botany Knowledge be changed to reflect on the new Medkit changes? The 20% drop in item efficiency will make it impossible to heal yourself with any medkit now.

  • @bluekaiser07 said:

    I am not a DH user but 0.5sec effect is too low since you can only activate it only after unhooking (I'm guessing it is once per unhook?). Imagine every injured survivor competing to get that 1 hook save for just 0.5sec endurance. lol😆

    Then they die because It is not even a guaranteed protection from killer hit. And also don't forget to consider the latency.

    Maybe Dead Hard will be dead and hard...to use. Who knows...

    DH has always been 0.5s, the time hasn't been nerfed.

  • @bluekaiser07 said:

    I am not a DH user but 0.5sec effect is too low since you can only activate it only after unhooking (I'm guessing it is once per unhook?). Imagine every injured survivor competing to get that 1 hook save for just 0.5sec endurance. lol😆

    Then they die because It is not even a guaranteed protection from killer hit. And also don't forget to consider the latency.

    Maybe Dead Hard will be dead and hard...to use. Who knows...

    it always was 0.5 sec lol

  • No more getting carried through matches by Dead Hard, I'm so thankful right now. Thank you, Devs for listening!

    Fearmonger and Blood Echo are looking pretty sexy too for the upcoming shift.

    For the first time in quite awhile, I'm excited and looking forward to playing more M1 killers!

  • @ehe said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3379024#Comment_3379024

    I would agree with you, if pallets and most killer powers have no counterplay when dh is used. Killer powers are often telegraphed, strictly timed, and equally rewarding and punishing. A wesker can land a hit from very far away if hes very good, but he can also fling himself out of a chase and get stunned. With dead hard, the very good weskers skillful play is denied by the E key. And no, its not skillful to dead hard any dash/timed powers because they give plenty of time to each for the survivor and punish the killer for succeeding.

    Would add that Nurse Blink also was countered by dead hard so easily. I hope we will see way less DH's now, annoying perk AF, although the perk itself didn't change, but they finally limited usage of it

  • In my opinion DH didn't need another nerf despite having the problem of forcing the kilers playing around a maybe non existen perk: first time you chase a survivor in a match and he was hurt you had to stick to their back waiting for a maybe non existent DH before hitting and sometimes they in fact had the DH equiped but the first time you chased them they didn't use it or most likely they failed to use it in the first chase, that was very annoying, playing around a maybe non existent perk is annoying for sure but the perk is now gutted and it has become useless. Say hello to Sprint Burst meta I guess.

    CoH didn't deserve another nerf despite how annoying it is when playing killer, it was the only reliable self healing perk, Self Care still exists but even combining it with Botany Knowledge it take ages to self heal and having two perk just for healing yourself is not good + the (deserved) medkit nerf it feels like another soloQ indirect nerf. Well, Inner Strenght also exists, but the cleasing totem thing make it not very reliable. I would buff Inner Strenght and instead of needing the totem cleansing thing I would put a a token system and a cooldown in it (3 tokens and 90 seconds CD are good amounts imo).

    And about the killer perks nerfs, well... if the survivor healing and DH nerf didn't exist in the patch maybe I would tear my clothes but considering the huge survivor nerfs, the killers nerfs are fair I guess.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3379121#Comment_3379121

    Killer queues didn't hit 20 minutes after the 6.1.0 which was also a patch people cried made survivor unplayable. Plus it's not like Killers didn't get any nerfs here either as several popular regression perks got hit.

    Actually killer queues for me were pretty long, sometimes 12 minutes. And I wasn’t the only person experiencing that. Maybe it depended on where you were but they were long & sometimes it took a while to fill lobbies as survivor too.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3379173#Comment_3379173

    Normal people do not call this game survivor or killer sided. Because it is neither.

    To be fair, I thought only medkits got nerfed, and not healing in general. But we'll see how that plays out. After the hud icon buffs that survivors got, killers needed a bit of something. Not sure if this is the right way to do things though.

    Still, survivors have more than enough to work with. They still have a lot of good perks, clearly, so again, I do not understand how one would assume that killer queue times would go up to 20 minutes. Probably won't lol.

    Also, Wraith has more counter besides lightburn? Like what the hell? And Nurse is op, with or without Lightburn. That shouldn't be the only counterplay a killer has. Nurse needs to be further looked into.

    1.) Killers received a lot with patch 6.1 & its subsequent patches up to the patch with the HUD update; the largest of these gifts being how survivors were nerfed in every conceivable way (they screamed longer/were louder although I know this was supposed to be reversed, they gained less distance from being hit, lost more natural progress from untapped gens, had most of their meta perks nerfed, etc). That was killers receiving something in exchange for the HUD icon update. And the HUD change was just to help solo queue feel like less of a crapshoot, something the devs talked about for years—unlike the stuff in patch 6.1 which was unexpected.

    2.) Survivors actually don’t have “many good perks,” they have a current meta of around 9 perks that are consistently valuable. This is why you see survivors running the same perks in any serious or competent games they play. Meme builds don’t count. Killers have much more perk variety than survivors & can combo weak perks with stronger perks far more efficiently.

    3.) Pre-dropping and mind-gaming loops aren’t specific counters to Wraith. Those are pretty much the counter to most killers on the roster. The Wraith’s “counter” was technically meant to be lightburn.

    3.5) Nurse is fine, she’ll be even better after this patch.

  • @HeyItsQuiet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3379188#Comment_3379188

    Wraith counter is now reduced to "pre-drop every pallet on the map and hope he doesn't mind game you". That's it. Hag trap removals are now a time waster and nothing more. Nurse, who as you say is OP in your opinion, needs counters besides "hope your mid-chase juke works". I've found blinding her out of a blink in chase with a teammate to be invaluable to balancing matches against skilled Nurses.

    I'm not a top tier killer. I play both roles 50/50. It's never been easier to get a 3-4k ever since 6.1, and I'm afraid it's only going to get worse. The camping, tunneling, and slugging have drastically increased since then as well, which prompted me personally to play more killer than survivor because I was tired of being griefed. No Gen, No Heal Legions have also seen a drastic rise, with my longest match against one of them being over an hour and everyone being left to bleed out after only repairing one generator (and I have to say and that instance, my teammates were not inept noobs; everyone was working very hard to get out of the match but we just couldn't.)

    I don't wish games like that on anyone for either side. Hopefully some of these changes will be reversed because I do not see the health of the game improving after this.

    Pre-dropping a pallet before the Wraith uncloak isn't the only counter, a simple window can still counter him and it is also a more reliable and "infinite" counter if you are close to a window (very frequent in most maps) and you don't have to "waste" a pallet. Honestly I'm glad the flashlight stun will be gone, he didn't need to have three counters for his power. Also, with Wraith is one of the few killers whit whom I dodge a lobby if I see a lot of flashlights because playing that kind of games was damn awful.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    I hope the people who say they’re quitting actually do. Maybe we won’t have to deal with their entitlement anymore!

    I don't know...

    A lot of people just quit without announcing it due to just not having fun anymore. I'm never one to announce that I stop playing, after all who cares? I certainly don't lol.

    However, when/if people just stop playing because soloq will be really aggravating now, I don't want to see any surprised Pikachu faces around here heh.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3379274#Comment_3379274

    Survivors playing more cautiously instead of in your face teabagging with body blocks and DH every few seconds? I don't see a downside...

    This is what I've always been advocating for as a survivor. Less reckless, aggressive survivor play, that just tilts killers into playing scummy and results in either bully plays or hook snowballs due to reckless cocky behaviour.

    I don´t think the reckless behavior will change. We´ll probably see a lot of suiciding survivors, just like what happened at 6.1.0

    While i´m all in for making the game less toxic, this update won´t change it.

  • @PrincessCalla said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3379163#Comment_3379163

    I don't know...

    A lot of people just quit without announcing it due to just not having fun anymore. I'm never one to announce that I stop playing, after all who cares? I certainly don't lol.

    However, when/if people just stop playing because soloq will be really aggravating now, I don't want to see any surprised Pikachu faces around here heh.

    People have been saying this for years and it never matters.

  • Yes. I know it is 0.5 seconds. I am just saying it should be longer in the next update if they will implement it. Imagine an Exhaustion perk that requires Competition. And can you even use it if you lose to other survivors from hook saves? No.

    I was stating it is low according from the Developer notes for the upcoming update, NOT the current one.

1 2 ›