who's gonna tell them about screams

Sans titre.jpg

you guys made the game, and decided to rebalance a perfectly fine mechanic, without even checking what the perks/powers using it do ? is that a joke ?

Comments

  • Why is it that whenever behaviour tries to fix one thing, they end up breaking two more things that had virtually nothing to do with the first thing.

  • The scream thing only affects the listed perks and addons. Barring bugs the Doctor should work the same as ever.

    @Wexton said:

    Why is it that whenever behaviour tries to fix one thing, they make a second thing significantly worse.

    This isn't even that. This is "fixing what ain't broke"

  • This was classic BHVR. Spending time and resources ruining something that was totally fine and nobody was complaining about or asking to be changed.

  • This gave me a good laugh, as did the patch notes. Bump.

  • I get they break things stupidly when they try to fix something…but what were they attempting to fix? Did I miss the scream meta!?

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3364198#Comment_3364198

    The scream thing only affects the listed perks and addons. Barring bugs the Doctor should work the same as ever.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3364211#Comment_3364211

    This isn't even that. This is "fixing what ain't broke"

    Correction, this is "taking perfectly fine object and smashing it to pieces with a hammer", it provides momentary happiness to see something get destroyed for the sake of being destroyed, until you realize that it was something valuable and you miss it.

  • @Jace233 said:

    Game is going down the drain fast. Wouldn't be surprised if it dies soon. They really have no idea what they are even doing it seems.

    You guys said the game was dying 5 years ago, 4 years ago, 3 years ago, 2 years ago and 1 year ago.

    This game won’t die any time soon.

  • I can't even.


    This particular change feels like a fever dream, I'm going to wake up soon right?


    These people have jobs and get paid for this right? Is this real?

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3364220#Comment_3364220

    You guys said the game was dying 5 years ago, 4 years ago, 3 years ago, 2 years ago and 1 year ago.

    This game won’t die any time soon.

    Heh.

    Been playing for 5 years now. First time I'm not impressed. All Kill was shakey, but I liked it.

    This is absolutely the worst. Worse that rollerskating Legion update.

  • @yauniqua said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3364323#Comment_3364323

    Heh.

    Been playing for 5 years now. First time I'm not impressed. All Kill was shakey, but I liked it.

    This is absolutely the worst. Worse that rollerskating Legion update.

    I still think Twins and legion were the worst updates. Those broke the game. This didn’t it’s just very bad cause of the killer

  • Just saw a streamer test this, and it seems Doctor still hears the screams, but the perks don't work per se. YOu get the "noise notification" and aura but not the scream.


    So, I agree this is broken, but... I can't really put into words why. Anyone else that thinks this is bad able to put it into words why?

    Preferably from both the killer and survivor reasons?

  • @Kagari_Leha said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/B1T1PWL9N20W/sans-titre.jpg

    you guys made the game, and decided to rebalance a perfectly fine mechanic, without even checking what the perks/powers using it do ? is that a joke ?

    I mean, they do still work, it's just going to be like they have basekit calm spirit lol

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    Just saw a streamer test this, and it seems Doctor still hears the screams, but the perks don't work per se. YOu get the "noise notification" and aura but not the scream.

    So, I agree this is broken, but... I can't really put into words why. Anyone else that thinks this is bad able to put it into words why?

    Preferably from both the killer and survivor reasons?

    It’s Bad for Killers Because outside of 19 meters it will be a terrible source of information and Takes a lot of perks that Are Perfectly Fine and makes them worse. It’ doesn’t affect survivors so they have no room to Talk on this matter if they just want to celebrate another nerf to their competitors, But My survivors Friends say it’s stupid How they changed it. Seems like an unnecessary nerf just to see what they can get away with.

  • @Iron_Cutlass said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3364215#Comment_3364215

    Correction, this is "taking perfectly fine object and smashing it to pieces with a hammer", it provides momentary happiness to see something get destroyed for the sake of being destroyed, until you realize that it was something valuable and you miss it.

    Reminds me of what they did to Pop, Ruin + Undying, Freddy and Billy.

  • Man I really hope they rethink this. Nobody was asking them to nerf screams and multiple perks all at once. Nobody!

  • @Witchubtet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3364499#Comment_3364499

    It’s Bad for Killers Because outside of 19 meters it will be a terrible source of information and Takes a lot of perks that Are Perfectly Fine and makes them worse. It’ doesn’t affect survivors so they have no room to Talk on this matter if they just want to celebrate another nerf to their competitors, But My survivors Friends say it’s stupid How they changed it. Seems like an unnecessary nerf just to see what they can get away with.

    My streamer friend I told about this said you still get the "loud notification" so it doesn't matter if you don't hear the scream. But, she's a survivor main so I feel like, respectfully, she will never understand why I (who play both sides, Pig/Legion main on killer side) see it as a problem.