TO ALL THE SURVIVORS THAT SAID 6.1 KILLED THE GAME

It definitely seems like you all overreacted. You know what is actually killing the game? 1/4 teammates completely sandbagging *every time*. The game should be balanced around all 4 survivors playing together but since most solo queue teammates either DC, die on first hook, or just troll the the entire game killer feels "OP"

Comments

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3228067#Comment_3228067

    That's not what the numbers say. SWF had...what was it? 15% higher rates of escape?

    BHVR wanted higher kill rates. Buff SWF again, kill rates go down and we're right back here in 6 months.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3228127#Comment_3228127

    Voicecoms aren't telepathy.

    I'm all for status icons, but anything beyond that is going to be a buff to SWF, particularly what seems to be the most popular request - baseline Kindred.

    As for perk design, that's a sword that cuts both ways. PTS, for instance, isn't that bad when it's in a random group. With SWFs, stacking perks, items and map offerings, the gens fly.

    I said not baseline Kindred. Read what I said. There's so much middle ground between "no info" and "all the info".

    Killer instinct only gives you a rough direction of the survivors, forcing you to stop and move around to try and triangulate a more precise position. This given to survivors upon a hook, or other circumstances, or even on demand, wouldn't be more powerful than voice comms. And just to reveal other survivor locations, no info on the killer is needed.

    I've said every time someone advocates for baseline Kindred that it would be too powerful and would still benefit SWF.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3227194#Comment_3227194

    It was a massive success. Most people got exactly what they'd been asking for throughout the years. 1 patch drops and suddenly survivors have zero fun, even though they had plenty of fun before? Okay. If that's all it takes for them to leave, they can go. The rest of us will adapt and have fun. The low motivation of certain survivors isn't the game's fault, and it certainly isn't 6.1.0's fault. This entitled/lazy survivor mentality has been going on for years. They want to put in minimum effort and feel godlike, and when that doesn't happen they rage quit.

    I hope BHVR continues with patches like that, so that the undesirables who screw over their teammates and skew stats constantly will leave the rest of us in peace. I also want to see the reactions to any potential killer buffs, since people usually lose their minds over that stuff. Seems like every patch drop it's, "The worst patch that's ever happened!"

    Says killer main.

  • Sorry to burst your bubble but DCs and giving up on hook aren’t what make 6.1.0 a bad patch.

    Dcing and quitting a match were ALREADY a problem before 6.1.0 so I don’t know where you are getting that it was any different before.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Sorry to burst your bubble but DCs and giving up on hook aren’t what make 6.1.0 a bad patch.

    Dcing and quitting a match were ALREADY a problem before 6.1.0 so I don’t know where you are getting that it was any different before.

    The incidence rate has definitely increased.

    Before 6.1 I saw it in maybe 20% of games, now its around or maybe more than 50%.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3228285#Comment_3228285

    The incidence rate has definitely increased.

    Before 6.1 I saw it in maybe 20% of games, now its around or maybe more than 50%.

    That's not my experience at all. I see it but its the same as before.

    It's only killer specific, like Nurse as an example. Many people dc against her, but I am not getting Nurses every single match either.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3227194#Comment_3227194

    It was a massive success. Most people got exactly what they'd been asking for throughout the years. 1 patch drops and suddenly survivors have zero fun, even though they had plenty of fun before? Okay. If that's all it takes for them to leave, they can go. The rest of us will adapt and have fun. The low motivation of certain survivors isn't the game's fault, and it certainly isn't 6.1.0's fault. This entitled/lazy survivor mentality has been going on for years. They want to put in minimum effort and feel godlike, and when that doesn't happen they rage quit.

    I hope BHVR continues with patches like that, so that the undesirables who screw over their teammates and skew stats constantly will leave the rest of us in peace. I also want to see the reactions to any potential killer buffs, since people usually lose their minds over that stuff. Seems like every patch drop it's, "The worst patch that's ever happened!"

    You're saying this as if survivor buffs aren't met with nearly the same reaction, if not at times, worse. The game has been getting patched to be more killer-sided since 2020.


    They entirely reworked maps in favour of killers, removing infinites, sizing a bunch of maps down, removing pallets/windows on top of adding breakable walls. They nerfed the meta perks for survivors (to switch up the META). Nerfed items. Nerfed base-game interactions to take longer, and created awful tiles that are horrible to run as a survivor.


    The Patch Update did NOTHING that it promised, but enforced exactly what it was trying to nerf. Gen-rushing is now more important than ever, killers are extremely boosted, and the game overall feels less interactive. It's not about adapting, it's not about being toxic, or wanting to have your way. BHVR have explicitly stated they want killers to have an advantage in kill-rates. They want there to be an imbalance, and that is undoubtedly going to feel horrible given that prior to this update, survivors struggled if one survivor DC'd or got eliminated early in match.

  • @RoastedGarlic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3227823#Comment_3227823

    simple you dont give a crap about swf because in reality they're not much better than soloq right now. Pretend swf doesn't exist and balance the game. If you're going against swfs right now and still struggling you're doing something wrong.

    Why do you make it sound like SWF is almost weaker than solo? You don't see the efficiency and how dependable teammates make survivors strong? Of course killers are still gonna struggle against SWF. The game has not changed for killer that much, especially for Ghost Face, Freddy, Pig, etc. Get 4ks with those killers against survivors who know what they're doing, and I'll be shocked. I'm pretty sure the only thing I'm doing wrong is picking those killers and still expecting to win.

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3227269#Comment_3227269

    You're saying this as if survivor buffs aren't met with nearly the same reaction, if not at times, worse. The game has been getting patched to be more killer-sided since 2020.

    They entirely reworked maps in favour of killers, removing infinites, sizing a bunch of maps down, removing pallets/windows on top of adding breakable walls. They nerfed the meta perks for survivors (to switch up the META). Nerfed items. Nerfed base-game interactions to take longer, and created awful tiles that are horrible to run as a survivor.

    The Patch Update did NOTHING that it promised, but enforced exactly what it was trying to nerf. Gen-rushing is now more important than ever, killers are extremely boosted, and the game overall feels less interactive. It's not about adapting, it's not about being toxic, or wanting to have your way. BHVR have explicitly stated they want killers to have an advantage in kill-rates. They want there to be an imbalance, and that is undoubtedly going to feel horrible given that prior to this update, survivors struggled if one survivor DC'd or got eliminated early in match.

    The way y'all always bring up infinite removal bothers me, as if it was done arbitrarily instead of for balance reasons. I don't think there's nearly as many killers saying goodbye to the game when a survivor buff comes out, when compared to the droves of survivors submitting their resignation when someone like Legion or Ghost Face gets buffed. Most of us killer enthusiasts, commonly referred to as masochists, just deal with it somehow despite our complaints.

    Anybody who's played any amount of killer is complaining about the problems you're brushing off. Infinites are literally game-killing in how unpopular they are, so naturally the devs reintroduced a lot of them or created new ones via breakable walls. Don't want to break the breakable walls because it gives survivors free distance, like breaking a pallet would? Too bad, because now you have to deal with a loop that you have to Bloodlust or Bamboozle just to catch someone at. Maps being big are a notorious issue that I don't even need to go into. Survivors lost strong iterations of their meta perks, but those are either still played frequently or were replaced with just as strong stuff. Not sure what items were nerfed. Heal speeds may have been capped, toolboxes may have had their speed compressed into quicker use, and flashlights a big part of their annoying factor, but those items weren't even nerfed per se. And wow, gens take 10 seconds longer. How will they ever get done now?

    Let's not forget all the stuff killers lost simultaneously. Ruin/Undying gone despite Counterforce coming out soon after. Freddy nerf, Spirit nerf, Twins nerf. Wraith, Deathslinger, and Pinhead nerf (#########?). Boons completely trumping Pentimento, and requiring Shattered Hope to be completely broken. Pain Res/DMS nerfed, despite the counterplay being to let go. Ruin and Pop and nerfed (again!). Undo all of that, and killers would simply be breaking even with survivors in terms of power.

    Gen rush isn't being pushed per se, but efficiency is. It still happens, but less and less often survivors are getting rewarded for minimum effort just because gens are quick. In my SWF, we still win matches we had no place winning because of all the mistakes we made, but the gens made up for that. The only killers being boosted are the ones facing bad survivors, who let the gens go down to zero constantly despite knowing that Overcharge/Call Of Brine requires a simple gen tap and a skill check to stop. We need to stop factoring bad teammates and DCs into game balance. No other game's community is this persistent is balancing for bad players and worst case scenarios for one side, while never giving the other side the same benefit of the doubt. All we need is for the matchmaking to be more accurate, and then y'all will see all of what I've been saying.

  • @itsPina said:

    It definitely seems like you all overreacted. You know what is actually killing the game? 1/4 teammates completely sandbagging *every time*. The game should be balanced around all 4 survivors playing together but since most solo queue teammates either DC, die on first hook, or just troll the the entire game killer feels "OP"

    Absolutely. I just signed on to play a few games and get my rewards. I did 8 games and had a survivor giving up in 7 of the 8... Technically? Some weird bug happened in the last game where I used Wesker's ability on someone who was near a locker and they were like some strange ghost and nobody could pick her up. The locker would not open but afk crows were spawning in it. It was odd. I just let them go because I felt bad about it.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3227443#Comment_3227443

    Meta slowdown perks have been nuked. Making gens effectivly the same speed as before (or even faster, if you consider the buffed survivor gen perks).

    Short dash time is countered by the inbuild speed bonus after a unhook. The fact that BT even stacks on it makes it kinda ridiculous that its considered to be easier to tunnel now, than before with no protection at all. Furthermore, i see a lot of survivors attempting to body block with the inbuild BT.

    OtR took the place of DS. Giving a longer protection time. But i agree that DS could use 2 more seconds of stun time.

    Some slowdown perks got trashed, but others got big buffs, like Eruption. The 4 slowdown meta hasn't really changed.

  • @Ghoste said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3227457#Comment_3227457

    Some slowdown perks got trashed, but others got big buffs, like Eruption. The 4 slowdown meta hasn't really changed.

    Maybe, just maybe and hear me out here.

    Killers still don´t feel confident enough to play without slowdown. Because gens can still go to fast against good survivors.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3228524#Comment_3228524

    Maybe, just maybe and hear me out here.

    Killers still don´t feel confident enough to play without slowdown. Because gens can still go to fast against good survivors.

    Lol I agree with you. No need for the sarcastic baby-talk.

  • @Ghoste said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3228532#Comment_3228532

    Lol I agree with you. No need for the sarcastic baby-talk.

    I wasn´t being sarcastic. Or trying to talk you down. Sorry if i made that impression. Way to early for me today.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3228534#Comment_3228534

    I wasn´t being sarcastic. Or trying to talk you down. Sorry if i made that impression. Way to early for me today.

    Oh, understandable! I need some coffee myself. Cheers.

  • I mean it killed SoloQ completely and the playerbase keeps on plummeting and plummeting, but I'm sure there are ten million console players online at any given time of day.

  • @Beatricks said:

    I mean it killed SoloQ completely and the playerbase keeps on plummeting and plummeting, but I'm sure there are ten million console players online at any given time of day.

    You sure bout that? Cause i haven´t noticed any issues as solo. Well apart from the amount of suicides/disconnects.

    Even more, yesterday evening killers got the 100% bonus points.

  • @itsPina said:

    It definitely seems like you all overreacted. You know what is actually killing the game? 1/4 teammates completely sandbagging *every time*. The game should be balanced around all 4 survivors playing together but since most solo queue teammates either DC, die on first hook, or just troll the the entire game killer feels "OP"

    Bridge the gap for solo q, easy.

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3227194#Comment_3227194

    Killer has 100% past 6pm on na most of the time lol. If unbreakable patch goes through it will inflate survivor's without actual skill input.

    The devs have already said that the Basekit Unbreakable we saw on the PTB isn't going to live servers, so i wouldn't worry about it too much

  • @RoastedGarlic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3227539#Comment_3227539

    it's not even just people dcing or killing themselves, its also sandbagging team mates and the Sole Survivor/ Left Behind/ Wake up survivors that are also a problem. Selfish survivors is a bigger problem than the hook suicides/dcers which has gone down dramatically of late.

    Yesterday I didn't have anyone dc on my team or hook suicide. But in 1 in every 2 games there was that sole survivor who would do anything they could to get their team killed so they could escape on their own.

    Now survivors can't really be toxic to the killer so instead they've completely turned around and started being toxic to their own team. For instance you can be on a gen repairing it and they will walk up and instead of helping, just spam crouch spin around then they will get on the gen blow it up on purpose(you know it is on purpose when it happens twice in a row almost instantly) and run away.

    I only had that happen to me once or twice and I didn't realize it is that common. I just don't get it. If you can't be happy with a game because you don't like it's core mechanics, then maybe you should play something else instead of only going in to ruin another person's experience. Why do people feel like they need to do that?

  • @RoastedGarlic said:

    As a Killer main I say it failed, you can only 4k so many times with relative ease before you stop enjoying the game. I very rarely get sweaty swfs and even when I do in most games it's either very close or I still walk through them. Before 6.1 this wasn't even close to the case for me.

    I rather go back to getting crapped on again atleast then I had to try and not do stupid stuff to give survivors a chance. I don't think balancing around SWF is the right call at all. Everyone talks about sweaty swfs and make it seem like they're in 8/10 games but in reality they're only 1/10 hell sometimes 1/20.

    Survivor feels like straight hell due to matchmaking. We have completely selfish survivors deliberately sandbagging the team so they can get their sole survivor/left behind/wake up win. we have match making putting you with potatoes who do absolutely nothing but hide. It is extremely frustrating when you get paired with a sole survivor/wake up/left behind and 2 do nothings.

    Sole Survivor/ Left Behind/ Wake Up meta is a terrible meta and not healthy for the game at all. 6.1 Ruined the game for both sides.

    I actually started using Sole Survivor and Wake Up because I'm constantly paired with potatoes who do nothing to advance the game and I got tired of losing. I try to progress the game as best I can but now if I see the team is falling apart at 4 gens remaining, at least I have a back-up plan.

    I fully agree this patch sucks bum for survivor. And on killer I'm feeling so bad for destroying them at 3 gens remaining that I always start playing nice and let everyone ago, which also gets old fast.

1 2 ›