Tunnelling ruin the Game!

I play DBD every day and in every Match the Killer is tunnelling.

Why is nothing done there?

It takes the fun out of the Game. You can no longer escape because the killer is playing unfairly.

only recently are the killers all so that they play like that.

I've been playing dbd since release and love the game but now I'm on the verge of saying no I'm leaving the game.

The Match start Killer have fast one down and camp/tunnel this person. And the round is as good as lost.

every and every and every round.

how do you see it and what is your opinion on it?

Comments

  • @Marik1987 said:

    Complains about almost everything will destroy it. This community is so whiny, its unreal.

    I have never seen an Online-Game with this amount of crying everywhere.

    mhm but on the other hand the devs "fixed camping" the thing they did was make camping more viable literally

  • @Pulsar said:

    Yeah, I agree.

    Tunneling is a crutch to a lot of Killers at this point.

    It's necessary against really good Survivors but the fact of the matter is, nobody plays against those players consistently.

    Play killer after like 10 pm on the west coast and tell me that. I normally expect to lose most my games because the most sweaty survivors seem to come out at that time.But during normal hours I might get 2 in a row worst case scenario. There are times though when gen spread has 3 gens pop in 2 minutes and then killing some definitely is a priority because there's literally 1 survivor for each gen left and that's a losing battle for the killer.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222223#Comment_3222223

    Play killer after like 10 pm on the west coast and tell me that. I normally expect to lose most my games because the most sweaty survivors seem to come out at that time.But during normal hours I might get 2 in a row worst case scenario. There are times though when gen spread has 3 gens pop in 2 minutes and then killing some definitely is a priority because there's literally 1 survivor for each gen left and that's a losing battle for the killer.

    When I was playing Killer I literally exclusively played after 10 PM on the East Coast.

    Prior to 6.1.0 I'd agree, but after this patch, it's not normally necessary. It is certainly easier and less stressful.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222228#Comment_3222228

    That is 100% false I win atleast 4 out of 10 games with a 4k and I never tunnel players because I understand the frustration behind running around with a kick me sign on my back the entire games and it blows. It really does. Getting tunneled and camped at 4 gens and leaving the game with only 4000-5000 BP in my opinion after being in a 4 minute queue is a waste of time

    That's your choice. Stop acting like a snowflake and let people play however they want within the rules.

    Learn to counter and maybe you'll be less whiny on the forums.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222225#Comment_3222225

    You guys have got to be absolutely kidding me because there are probably THOUSANDS of posts on here about how unfair gen rushing and swfs are. Now I want an honest answer: how many of your games are you getting gen rushed? If I feel like you are lying I will disregard your entire argument

    Like I said, it's "some matches". If the game is moving too quickly I try and shift the balance in my favour. I don't really have an argument i'm literally just telling you that if I feel like i'm losing then i'll change my tactics to be more aggressive lol

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3220722#Comment_3220722

    How are they unbalanced? Specifically explain how they are unbalanced?

    Survivors get basekit BT for 10 seconds with 10% haste. OTR makes this 80 seconds, minus the speed, but you get Iron Will and Aura Immunity.

    Reassurance is in the game, which pauses hook timer for 30 seconds at T3.

    There's actually a lot that can be done against these. Not sure how they are unbalanced.

    In solo queue, I agree, but generally speaking, if the team knows what they are doing. It's fine.

    That's a large flaw in most peoples arguments, SWF vs solo Q. They're two totally different things you can't even compare them really. What is balanced for a SWF is downright unplayable for solo Q.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222225#Comment_3222225

    If I find myself playing survivor and getting tunneled on 4 gens I teabag the crap outta the killer and try to think of the most disrespectful way (in game) to embarrass them in chase. Tunnel me and I'll try really hard to keep attention to let the rest of the team leave

    When did i say I tunnelled at 4 gens...?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222255#Comment_3222255

    Well if killers learned how to mind game better and stop whining about sweaty swfs and gen rushing they wouldn't have to cry about it in the forums ๐Ÿ˜‚ see my point? You played right into that

    I haven't seen any posts about swfs...or Gen rushing....yet there's plenty of posts from survivors whining about tunneling.

    Keep whining about tunneling....make it more amusing for me.


    Played into what? You stated non-facts and made no points sooooo....

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222272#Comment_3222272

    Lol there are plenty you just choose to ignore them. I've been on the forums on and off for quite a few years now.

    I can't find one in the first 5 pages...


    But there 15 posts complaining about tunneling.

  • I agree with all points and have seen/suggested/endorsed each one over the years when i have seen them posted.

    My personal own ideas for tunnelling and camping are more drastic because it happens so often to me now its just killing the game for me. I play because my friend plays and thats it.

    1 - Make it so the last person who was hooked cannot be picked up for 120 seconds after being unhooked. Can still be downed but just cant be picked up. If the killer stands around slugging then thats 3 gens that can be done in that time. Added on the time it takes for the chase, it just would not be worth it for killers to do this to get a "win". The only value to this is toxicity. Which wot be erradicated. If someone plays to be toxic then they will be toxic no matter what.

    I also like your idea of collision detection being turned off for it. It would stop survivors abusing

    2 - For camping, If the killer is within 16-24M of a hook, action speed is doubled for each survivor on a gen. Only 5-10 seconds after the person has been hooked of course.

    Killers should also be rewarded for going after different survivors and as you stated, a base kit dying light would be good. Its not powerfully game changing and it addresses a problem so many killers have been complaining about for years. Also, more BP/bonus BP for freshly hooked survivors.

    I dont like the fact survivors can get so many uses out of flashlights or toolboxes either. The bully squads who spend all game following killers around saboing hooks and blinding makes killer horrible sometimes. Would suggest hooks take longer to sabo the more you do, and after 3/4/5 blinds then the killer is immune to being blinded.

    Like i said, all of these are quite extreme, however for me its gotten to that point now where the milder approaches havent worked and the game is losing more and more players and not gaining as many new players to replace them. Compared to 8th october 2021 this game has almost half the playerbase currently playing. And in the 5 years i've been playing i have never encounted it so much. I posted not long ago about the amount of face campers and got told im making it up and people claiming they never see camping, only to come back everyday since and see a new topic about camping and tunnelling every single day.

  • @Konnor24 said:

    I agree with all points and have seen/suggested/endorsed each one over the years when i have seen them posted.

    My personal own ideas for tunnelling and camping are more drastic because it happens so often to me now its just killing the game for me. I play because my friend plays and thats it.

    1 - Make it so the last person who was hooked cannot be picked up for 120 seconds after being unhooked. Can still be downed but just cant be picked up. If the killer stands around slugging then thats 3 gens that can be done in that time. Added on the time it takes for the chase, it just would not be worth it for killers to do this to get a "win". The only value to this is toxicity. Which wot be erradicated. If someone plays to be toxic then they will be toxic no matter what.

    I also like your idea of collision detection being turned off for it. It would stop survivors abusing

    2 - For camping, If the killer is within 16-24M of a hook, action speed is doubled for each survivor on a gen. Only 5-10 seconds after the person has been hooked of course.

    Killers should also be rewarded for going after different survivors and as you stated, a base kit dying light would be good. Its not powerfully game changing and it addresses a problem so many killers have been complaining about for years. Also, more BP/bonus BP for freshly hooked survivors.

    I dont like the fact survivors can get so many uses out of flashlights or toolboxes either. The bully squads who spend all game following killers around saboing hooks and blinding makes killer horrible sometimes. Would suggest hooks take longer to sabo the more you do, and after 3/4/5 blinds then the killer is immune to being blinded.

    Like i said, all of these are quite extreme, however for me its gotten to that point now where the milder approaches havent worked and the game is losing more and more players and not gaining as many new players to replace them. Compared to 8th october 2021 this game has almost half the playerbase currently playing. And in the 5 years i've been playing i have never encounted it so much. I posted not long ago about the amount of face campers and got told im making it up and people claiming they never see camping, only to come back everyday since and see a new topic about camping and tunnelling every single day.

    So the last person that is unhooked is invulnerable for 120 secs. That means they can't run, can't do gens, can't heal, can't do or take any actions to benefit their team either to include take hits for teamates.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222272#Comment_3222272

    Lol there are plenty you just choose to ignore them. I've been on the forums on and off for quite a few years now.

    When what shoe is on the other foot?

    You aren't making much sense. You sound like a drunk Yoda reading a proverbs book.

  • @Draxlore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222266#Comment_3222266

    I haven't seen any posts about swfs...or Gen rushing....yet there's plenty of posts from survivors whining about tunneling.

    Keep whining about tunneling....make it more amusing for me.

    Same here lol. I generally don't complain about gen rushing or swfs because as a killer I have the power to shut that down and bring the match into my favour. But it's clear from this thread (and others) that survivors don't like that and feel victimised lol.

  • @MrPeanutbutter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/349789/tunnelling-ruin-the-game

    My opinion on this is that killers should play however they want within the rules. Tunneling can be a good strategy. Against good survivors, winning by hooking everyone equally is not possible. Try playing killer sometime and youโ€™ll understand

    I do play killer, more than survivor in fact and, i just dont agree. But im in the minority it seems that i play the game for fun, and not to boost my ego by "winning" If i get 10 hooks and 2 people get out, i consider that playing extremely well. The devs always used to say the game was balanced around 2 survivors escaping with an average of 10 hooks, and thats just fine.

    Who decided killing 4 survivors was a win? Why can a survivor do nothing all game but sit in a corner then get out the hatch and that be considered a win?

    I cant understand how people think its okay for a lobby to at times be longer than an actual game for some people who are tunnelled. Some lobbys take 5, 6, 7 minutes. Games where you are tunnelled with no other survs helping can take 3-4 minutes. But tunnelling is a good strategy.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222275#Comment_3222275

    You wanna know why? Because gen rushing is no longer a common experience. Period. End of story. Gen rushing, for the most part, tends to happen in high MMR. Gen rushing is reserved for some of the sweatiest SWFS and something very rare to see in low MMR where there lots of new players and solo q's. Tunneling, on the other hand, has gotten much MUCH worse. And it happens no matter the MMR. It's becoming very problematic for solo q and newbies, not so much the SWFS because they have something that alot of others dont: Conmunication.

    Not true...gen rushing happens frequently....but as a killer I don't care to complain because I can camp and tunnel to draw them off gens since most teams are overly altruistic.

  • @FlameGNG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3221961#Comment_3221961

    mhm but on the other hand the devs "fixed camping" the thing they did was make camping more viable literally

    Pretty much this. I posted about face camping a while ago and got told LOL REASSURANCE IS COMING. Yeah. Really sorted it didnt it. I said at the time it would solve nothing. 30 seconds extra is nothing to someone who wants to camp.

  • @FlameGNG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/349789/tunnelling-ruin-the-game

    tunneling is boring yea but you can atleast run perks to kinda prevent it... Camping on the other hand is pretty bruh. There isn't really anything you can do i mean yes Camaraderie works but thats about it

    So to prevent it, we have to run meta perks.

    Wasnt the whole point of the last big update to stop meta perks being meta?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222289#Comment_3222289

    Well let me ask you a question. What if you found yourself playing solo q with crappy teammates who hide in lockers or corners and the killer decides to tunnel you out or camp you starting from the 4th gen and you played 20 games and in 10-11 of those it happened religiously and you left the trial with 4000-5000 BP. How would that make you feel?

    I'd move on to the next match. If I wasn't having fun I'd do something that was fun.

    You have the power to choose to play games that you find fun and not play games that you get stressed over. It sounds like this game may not be good for your mental health if you get so worked up over losing due to lack of skill.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222289#Comment_3222289

    Well let me ask you a question. What if you found yourself playing solo q with crappy teammates who hide in lockers or corners and the killer decides to tunnel you out or camp you starting from the 4th gen and you played 20 games and in 10-11 of those it happened religiously and you left the trial with 4000-5000 BP. How would that make you feel?

    Well actually that happens to me now and again when i'm not playing with friends lol. I play survivor 70-80% of the time. I'm a decent survivor. And yes it's incredibly annoying and disheartening to be killed super early but I know that the killer has to kill. That's their role. They're not playing the game to make sure that I have fun... they're playing to kill the 4 people in the match. I just move on to the next match and realise that it's a video game lol.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222294#Comment_3222294

    Again your talking about teams so right then and there the rest of your words are falling upon deaf ears. 8 times out of 10 these superaltruistic teams are a SWF in which you may need to camp or tunnel but I don't care about that. I am talking about LOW MMR. Solo players and the new girls and guys. SWFS aren't really complaining about camping or tunneling because with the right strategies and comms they can negate that

    All survivors are part of a team...whether they are in voice or not.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222303#Comment_3222303

    This question wasn't for you it was for rysm. You are EXTRWMELY biased so I can care less about your opinion honestly.

    I answered it anyways. You don't care about my answer because you have no rational or valid response to it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222228#Comment_3222228

    That is 100% false I win atleast 4 out of 10 games with a 4k and I never tunnel players because I understand the frustration behind running around with a kick me sign on my back the entire games and it blows. It really does. Getting tunneled and camped at 4 gens and leaving the game with only 4000-5000 BP in my opinion after being in a 4 minute queue is a waste of time

    Yep, same, and i would very happily stream my games to prove it. I dont even play fast killers (nurse, blight etc). I play Nemesis, Doctor, Freddy, Pinhead. And out of 20 id say 8-9 end in a 4k, 6 end in a 3k, 3-4 end in a 2k 1-2 end in a 1K and 1 ends in 0 kills.

    Only time i can be accused of camping is when 2-3 of the other survs are directly running at me, but ill still hit them or the saver and avoid the one unhooked. If i feel ive downed someone who has been hooked unfairly, i will usually give them hatch to say sorry

    I also dont bully killers. I dont constantly blind them for no reason. I dont teabag, i dont follow them saboing hooks. If the chance is there i will, but i wont do it just cause i can.

    And what a shock, i still manage to get 4k's at almost 50% of the time. And anyone who says they get 4k's constantly is just flat out lying.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222304#Comment_3222304

    So would it be justified to hop into the next match against someone who is perhaps less skilled than me and start teabagging at pallets and flashlight clicking?

    Why would you ever teabag ? That just shows your lack of respect and/common courtesy to other players.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222304#Comment_3222304

    So would it be justified to hop into the next match against someone who is perhaps less skilled than me and start teabagging at pallets and flashlight clicking?

    Well tbh anyone can do whatever they want in any of their games lol again it's just a video game ๐Ÿ˜‚ I personally prefer to get bloodpoints rather than standing teabagging but there we go. Again to my previous point if I was the killer and you started teabagging and clicking then i'd probably target the hell out of you lol (whether its successful or not is another thing because i'm "less skilled" than you in that scenario)

    I would probably suggest you turn the heat down a little bit. It's coming across as you getting very very worked up about a game...

  • @Draxlore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222250#Comment_3222250

    That's your choice. Stop acting like a snowflake and let people play however they want within the rules.

    Learn to counter and maybe you'll be less whiny on the forums.

    Learn to counter.

    Tell that to solo survs who know when they do counter, they are at risk of everyone else abandoning them on hook and thus they do it themselves. Tell that to the 2 man groups who when one is hooked, the other tries to save and the other 2 survs do nothing.

    You act like everyone on the surv team are 4 man swfs on comms. They're not.

    For most solo survs, if you "learn to counter" you are the one dying while the others get out. Thus your MMR goes down while theres go up, then you start thinking #########'s the point in countering, i may aswell play everyman for themself and hope i get the hatch.

  • This is such a controversial thread! My goodness there are a lot of strong opinions ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @Havocus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3220726#Comment_3220726

    That's a large flaw in most peoples arguments, SWF vs solo Q. They're two totally different things you can't even compare them really. What is balanced for a SWF is downright unplayable for solo Q.

    This, and i have stated this multiple times. The game is balanced around killers and 4 man groups. Everyone else is forgotten about.

  • @Draxlore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222266#Comment_3222266

    I haven't seen any posts about swfs...or Gen rushing....yet there's plenty of posts from survivors whining about tunneling.

    Keep whining about tunneling....make it more amusing for me.

    Probably because since the update its harder to gen rush and much easier to tunnel and camp? But does that not cross your mind,

    Before the update, this forum was awash with gen rushing posts.

  • @Konnor24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222255#Comment_3222255

    Learn to counter.

    Tell that to solo survs who know when they do counter, they are at risk of everyone else abandoning them on hook and thus they do it themselves. Tell that to the 2 man groups who when one is hooked, the other tries to save and the other 2 survs do nothing.

    You act like everyone on the surv team are 4 man swfs on comms. They're not.

    For most solo survs, if you "learn to counter" you are the one dying while the others get out. Thus your MMR goes down while theres go up, then you start thinking #########'s the point in countering, i may aswell play everyman for themself and hope i get the hatch.

    I only play solo que survivor when I play survivor.

    I get camped and tunneled. It's part of the game. It has made me better at chases, looping, flashlights, pallets, ect...

    Getting mad at the killer for doing his part in the game is not going to make me a better survivor.

  • @Draxlore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222324#Comment_3222324

    I only play solo que survivor when I play survivor.

    I get camped and tunneled. It's part of the game. It has made me better at chases, looping, flashlights, pallets, ect...

    Getting mad at the killer for doing his part in the game is not going to make me a better survivor.

    This this this 100%! Perseverance at soloQ has made me a mad good looper haha

  • @Draxlore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222302#Comment_3222302

    All survivors are part of a team...whether they are in voice or not.

    Not all survivors play as a team though unless in swf. Which is kinda important when you're playing a video game that revolves around team work.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222320#Comment_3222320

    Same can be said about tunneling and camping players out of a game early. I play how I wanna play not how killers want me to play

    Teabagging is not an objective. Killing survivors is an objective. That's the difference.

    Either way, you're free to teabag....I just think it shows more about your lack of self control and anger/stress disorder than anything else.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222322#Comment_3222322

    I'm just asking questions. If it's cool to be tunneled and camped immediately out of the game, then it should be cool to keep the killer's attention even if that means being absolutely toxic, hence the "shoe on the other foot"

    I'm glad we're finally on the same page ๐Ÿ˜‚ I know you're just asking questions but try not to get too worked about it. It's really not that serious, it's only a fun video game after all. Yes, I know we get passionate about things but no point letting it consume us to the point where we need to relentlessly prove our particular point of view to others. Let's all chill, do gens and hook people. I'm enjoying myself in the game recently with Sadako (good and bad games).

  • @Konnor24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222308#Comment_3222308

    Not all survivors play as a team though unless in swf. Which is kinda important when you're playing a video game that revolves around team work.

    Absolutely accurate. Not a question...I agree with this.

    So you need to blame the other survivors for their failures as teammates and not the killer for doing his part.

    The killer doesn't know if the survivors are in voice...or which survivors are matched together.

  • @rysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222309#Comment_3222309

    Well tbh anyone can do whatever they want in any of their games lol again it's just a video game ๐Ÿ˜‚ I personally prefer to get bloodpoints rather than standing teabagging but there we go. Again to my previous point if I was the killer and you started teabagging and clicking then i'd probably target the hell out of you lol (whether its successful or not is another thing because i'm "less skilled" than you in that scenario)

    I would probably suggest you turn the heat down a little bit. It's coming across as you getting very very worked up about a game...

    So tell me if you paid money for a video game, and the AI continually killed you over and over everytime you respawned you'd give that game a good review and say it was worth your money?

    This "people can play how they want" argument is the dumbest thing ever. Maybe i want to play the game how i want to play and not have to deal with small wanged morons thinking getting a 4k in a game is the most important thing since they first found out what lubriderm was.

  • @Draxlore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222277#Comment_3222277

    So the last person that is unhooked is invulnerable for 120 secs. That means they can't run, can't do gens, can't heal, can't do or take any actions to benefit their team either to include take hits for teamates.

    I never said they couldnt do actions? I just said they couldnt be picked up. So idk where you are getting all that from.

  • @Konnor24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222322#Comment_3222322

    So tell me if you paid money for a video game, and the AI continually killed you over and over everytime you respawned you'd give that game a good review and say it was worth your money?

    This "people can play how they want" argument is the dumbest thing ever. Maybe i want to play the game how i want to play and not have to deal with small wanged morons thinking getting a 4k in a game is the most important thing since they first found out what lubriderm was.

    You sound stressed about it. Calm down like I said it's just a damn game. Continually getting killed over and over with no winning / good games ever literally never happens in this game so stop being dramatic and sensationalist.

  • @Konnor24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222322#Comment_3222322

    So tell me if you paid money for a video game, and the AI continually killed you over and over everytime you respawned you'd give that game a good review and say it was worth your money?

    This "people can play how they want" argument is the dumbest thing ever. Maybe i want to play the game how i want to play and not have to deal with small wanged morons thinking getting a 4k in a game is the most important thing since they first found out what lubriderm was.

    That's the nature of PvP games. Been that way since PvP began. It's competitive in nature and "winning" is important.

    What winning constitutes in dbd is very subjective. Some people may think a 20k BP game is winning regardless of kills. Other think 2 kills is winning regardless of BP. Still others may require 4 kills to call it a win and will accept no less.

    Very subjective.

    I personally call it a win if I get 2 kills and hook the survivors at least once.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222343#Comment_3222343

    I absolutely love this game I really do I have a rather small community on Tik Tok that absolutely love when I post videos for them and I love doing it, but with the tunneling and camping getting this out of control it gets hard to get motivated to make any sort of content much less wanting to continue playing. I can play the killer all day, but as a surv I'm just not having much fun at all and it's frustrating because I WANT to continue playing this game

    I totally get it, I have found myself getting less motivated about the game. I recently mix up my survivor builds and it makes it really really fun. I've made a good "anti-chase" build lol that seems to lose chases instantly. It's really fun to use and lets you survive longer in matches against spicy killers. They're forced to go off somewhere else because they cant find you

  • @Konnor24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222282#Comment_3222282

    I never said they couldnt do actions? I just said they couldnt be picked up. So idk where you are getting all that from.

    I'm adding all the extra stuff. Otherwise having invulnerable survivors running around able to play unhindered would end the game in 5 minutes and the killer would never get a kill.

  • @Draxlore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222324#Comment_3222324

    I only play solo que survivor when I play survivor.

    I get camped and tunneled. It's part of the game. It has made me better at chases, looping, flashlights, pallets, ect...

    Getting mad at the killer for doing his part in the game is not going to make me a better survivor.

    You're in the minority of survivors who think that. And that doesnt make you right.

    Im not mad at the killer for it. It irritates me that im nowhere near a great killer yet i dont need to do this crap to get a 4k. Others are intent on it and it spoils the game for others. Then killers come here and cry about the swf's who bully them. It goes back and forth and both sides need to be addressed. Camping and tunnelling are the biggest issues though as they have a greater effect. Killers can still earn BP if they dont tunnel and camp. Survivors who are tunnelled and camped cant do much except pray the others on their team are good enough. And in most cases in lower ranks, they are not.

    I usually get angrier at the fact people i stick my neck out for dont bother to even try and save me. Other survs. But the problem starts with the fact they arent saving me through fear because the killer could do the exact same to them.

    So how do you solve that? Round up every surv on the game and tell them this this and this or...just make tunnelling and camping less rewarding?

  • @rysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222352#Comment_3222352

    You sound stressed about it. Calm down like I said it's just a damn game. Continually getting killed over and over with no winning / good games ever literally never happens in this game so stop being dramatic and sensationalist.

    Ahhh another one who doesnt experience it so feels the need to belittle the ones its happening to.

    6 games today, 5 of those games had a camper, a tunneller or both.

    2 of those games i survived.

    The only game i remotely had fun on...the non camper, non tunneller where i was first to die.

    5 games yesterday, all 5 camper/tunnellers. Survived 0.

    It doesnt happen to you, thus cant happen to anyone else. The prime argument of an ignorant, entitled person

  • @Konnor24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222358#Comment_3222358

    Ahhh another one who doesnt experience it so feels the need to belittle the ones its happening to.

    6 games today, 5 of those games had a camper, a tunneller or both.

    2 of those games i survived.

    The only game i remotely had fun on...the non camper, non tunneller where i was first to die.

    5 games yesterday, all 5 camper/tunnellers. Survived 0.

    It doesnt happen to you, thus cant happen to anyone else. The prime argument of an ignorant, entitled person

    Wow. You need to calm the hell down and stop being so disrespectful to other people. If you read my previous replies to another person I literally said that camping and tunnelling happens to me often as a soloQ survivor. I'm sorry that your games have been awful, but don't be an ######### to other people because of it.

  • @Draxlore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222352#Comment_3222352

    That's the nature of PvP games. Been that way since PvP began. It's competitive in nature and "winning" is important.

    What winning constitutes in dbd is very subjective. Some people may think a 20k BP game is winning regardless of kills. Other think 2 kills is winning regardless of BP. Still others may require 4 kills to call it a win and will accept no less.

    Very subjective.

    I personally call it a win if I get 2 kills and hook the survivors at least once.

    Thats not how it works on other PVP games i play. I dont know any other pvp games i play that rewards this type of play. None others reward ruining anothers experience to the point they cannot do anything about it.

    Get camped in a shooting game? You respawn elsewhere

    Get camped/focused in an MMO? When you respawn, there are various entrances to go out and avoid the camper.

    Get camped in dbd? Pray the others on your team find the balls to help you, if not, bye, enjoy your 800 bp

  • @Draxlore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222357#Comment_3222357

    I'm adding all the extra stuff. Otherwise having invulnerable survivors running around able to play unhindered would end the game in 5 minutes and the killer would never get a kill.

    The killer can still down them. Thet takes 30 minimum seconds away for a start. Then healing is another 20 seconds, if they even can heal.

    Whats the difference between this and what it is now when you dont tunnel a survivor? Oh yeah...nothing. Its literally a failsafe to protect against tunnelling. That survivor is doing the actions another would be doing, except that 2nd survivor isnt doing those actions because theyre in a chase.

    You're adding the extra stuff to make it seem unviable. Its not. You just want to argue because as someone else said, you CLEARLY have a bias in all this. And if you think i have a bias, go read my old posts where i am complaining about survivors.

    I play both sides, and its quite evident you do not.

  • @rysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222384#Comment_3222384

    Wow. You need to calm the hell down and stop being so disrespectful to other people. If you read my previous replies to another person I literally said that camping and tunnelling happens to me often as a soloQ survivor. I'm sorry that your games have been awful, but don't be an ######### to other people because of it.

    Likewise. I wont be like this when you also stop being so condescending and belittling others (not me, others in this thread)

    Works both ways pal.

  • @Konnor24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222360#Comment_3222360

    Thats not how it works on other PVP games i play. I dont know any other pvp games i play that rewards this type of play. None others reward ruining anothers experience to the point they cannot do anything about it.

    Get camped in a shooting game? You respawn elsewhere

    Get camped/focused in an MMO? When you respawn, there are various entrances to go out and avoid the camper.

    Get camped in dbd? Pray the others on your team find the balls to help you, if not, bye, enjoy your 800 bp

    You don't get to respawn in dbd. That's the point of the game. You get one life.

    Noone is ruining your experience more than you are.

    You are making yourself so worked up over nothing. Literally all in your head.

  • @Konnor24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222366#Comment_3222366

    The killer can still down them. Thet takes 30 minimum seconds away for a start. Then healing is another 20 seconds, if they even can heal.

    Whats the difference between this and what it is now when you dont tunnel a survivor? Oh yeah...nothing. Its literally a failsafe to protect against tunnelling. That survivor is doing the actions another would be doing, except that 2nd survivor isnt doing those actions because theyre in a chase.

    You're adding the extra stuff to make it seem unviable. Its not. You just want to argue because as someone else said, you CLEARLY have a bias in all this. And if you think i have a bias, go read my old posts where i am complaining about survivors.

    I play both sides, and its quite evident you do not.

    So it sounds like you want a guaranteed generator for each time someone is hooked. You're not trying to increase your own skill.

    You want to win by game design.

    Also I do play solo que exclusively as survivor. Pretty often in fact.

  • @Konnor24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222386#Comment_3222386

    Likewise. I wont be like this when you also stop being so condescending and belittling others (not me, others in this thread)

    Works both ways pal.

    Thanks for that, I hope you stop getting so worked up over a game. Have a nice day.

  • Its odd because good killers like Scott Jund or Otz don't need to tunnell. It's sad that an abuse of a mechanic is becoming the norm, but BHvR are trying to fix the issue. I just hope they don't keep throwing band aid fixes at issues in the form of perks because killers can do this stuff with 0 perks or add ons