Time limited outfits...

So, looking at the Trailer for the newest DBD event (which, tangent, Haunted By Daylight? Babes where's the creativity) it looks pretty cool. I like the event, I like the new Event cosmetics, I like the Event Tome cosmetics too.

But one thing struck me when watching the Trailer that's really left a bad taste in my mouth. Time limited cosmetics.

For those who missed it, the outfits for Dwight and Jane are both time-limited exclusives (as you can see in the "Available for a limited time only" sticker)

image.png image.png

And I just need to know, who asked for this. Why are we, in a paid for game, with paid for DLCs, locking cosmetics now behind time walls too?

Who asked for this?! Why are we gatekeeping cosmetics from those who aren't playing during the time frame, or from those who simply can't afford to purchase them? Why punish the worst off who need to save their money to get something they like?

Make it make sense. This is the type of behaviour I'd expect from Hi-Rez, not you. I'm so genuinely disappointed.

What a horrible idea. The more I see this in games, the less I spend.

Comments

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Me who buys all Jane skins the day they come out 😎

    On a serious note this sucks. Dbd was one of the few safe havens from FOMO and it’s now going in a direction I don’t want to support. Let’s hope this was just a test run and the feedback leads them to never do this again

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3229735#Comment_3229735

    So did you read... Any of the comments in this thread? Or on others? Which explains perfectly clearly several times why people are upset?

    Feedback won't matter if it makes them money, regardless of how upset people are, if they see a higher income from this, they're going to keep doing it.

    Karu, I didn't mean to quote you here, this message is for the other person and I couldn't get rid of your quoted comment for some reason.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3235191#Comment_3235191

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3229831#Comment_3229831

    Feedback won't matter if it makes them money, regardless of how upset people are, if they see a higher income from this, they're going to keep doing it.

    Karu, I didn't mean to quote you here, this message is for the other person and I couldn't get rid of your quoted comment for some reason.

    You’re 100% right. The thing is though people like me will just buy them regardless. It does lead some people to impulse buy which is why it’s so popular especially in other games though

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3235230#Comment_3235230

    You’re 100% right. The thing is though people like me will just buy them regardless. It does lead some people to impulse buy which is why it’s so popular especially in other games though

    That's why people like you NOT buying a skin solely because it leverages FOMO would give a much more effective message to them

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3235232#Comment_3235232

    That's why people like you NOT buying a skin solely because it leverages FOMO would give a much more effective message to them

    You’d be right. I did use leftover cells from last rift to buy it so it was no money out of my pocket.

    But FOMO is going to encourage me to buy less skins as it does in every game that has it. If Haddie’s next skin in 2025 ends up being limited time I’m not buying it

  • image.png image.png

    BHVR I have 2015 cells I am more than willing to use on a new cosmetic that I like but I stg if more FOMO outfits come out I will just stop buying anything alltogether.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3235237#Comment_3235237

    You’d be right. I did use leftover cells from last rift to buy it so it was no money out of my pocket.

    But FOMO is going to encourage me to buy less skins as it does in every game that has it. If Haddie’s next skin in 2025 ends up being limited time I’m not buying it

    I did use leftover cells from last rift to buy it so it was no money out of my pocket.

    BHVR doesn't know that.

    All they know is you bought a time-limited skin with cells. For them, that's money gained from you.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/8WMO3YWW7BFX/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ZXF0PIMJTKW0/image.png

    BHVR I have 2015 cells I am more than willing to use on a new cosmetic that I like but I stg if more FOMO outfits come out I will just stop buying anything alltogether.

    Putting rift cosmetics behind another time lock is just dumb. Especially if they are just recolours from the free track of the pass

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226080#Comment_3226080

    I have no problems with them making money. They are, after all, a company, and from my research are one of the most generous ones in the game development industry to their employees, and no matter what they do (aside from changing that) they will have my respect for treating their employees like actual people.

    I will defend the prices of their cosmetics until the cows come home. I will defend the Rift (not the Deep Rift) until the end of time. I have absolutely zero problems with them making revenue and then profit to please the current 4 private investors.

    What I will not defend is any FOMO tactics aimed at making players panic purchase, and the implementation of such a predatory marketing scheme which purposefully targets the most vulnerable players (those with poor impulse control, be it those with mental illnesses or younger people) is something I cannot stand. It punishes those with worse financial positions exclusively for being poor, and that's something which is, imho, absolutely abhorrent.

    Anything FOMO related, no matter how good it might look, I will absolutely refuse to purchase. There's a reason I've spent ~£50 in Paladins since May 2017 and easily over £300 in DBD since November 2017.

    Reading this what was your thought on something like pink mercy in overwatch? (If you donated 15 dollars to breast cancer research you got the skin. Which was only a thing for a month)? It helped blizzard give money to charity.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226093#Comment_3226093

    Reading this what was your thought on something like pink mercy in overwatch? (If you donated 15 dollars to breast cancer research you got the skin. Which was only a thing for a month)? It helped blizzard give money to charity.

    I mean, I'd prefer it if it was just a constant 'if you donate $15 to breast cancer you get this skin' over it being time limited but also, the money wasn't going to ActiBlizz, and was instead going to breast cancer research, so I genuinely don't have a problem. It wasn't used as a tactic to line the pockets of the company but instead to help the fight against breast cancer, so I really don't mind it.

  • Only discovering now that those 2 rift skins are time-limited.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/8WMO3YWW7BFX/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ZXF0PIMJTKW0/image.png

    BHVR I have 2015 cells I am more than willing to use on a new cosmetic that I like but I stg if more FOMO outfits come out I will just stop buying anything alltogether.

    Something terrible must have happened between December 2020 and now (read the full thread for full context):

    @Madjura said:

    As time passes more and more items are put in the in-game store. Eventually this may reach a "critical mass" where there are too many items in the store, making using it cumbersome due to the volume of cosmetics on sale. In the future some of the items may be removed temporarily or even permanently from the store to make space for new items.

    Note that this does not mean that the items would be removed from player inventories, but just from the store - if you have them you could still use them, but if you do not then you could not get them anymore.

    Have the developers confirmed or deconfirmed that they are going to remove items from the in-game store in the future?

    EDIT: This is NOT a suggestion, I am very strongly against this. I do however think it is a legitimate possibility that the developers do this in the future and I am looking for possible confirmation or deconfirmation, such as from around the time when the store was first introduced (if such a statement exists).

    There are no plans to remove cosmetics from the store. And I really don't see a need to do this, if the set up of the Store does become an issue in the future, I'm pretty sure there'd be a design change instead of removing items.

    Read the full thread for full context.

    I know that my thread isn't about this exact scenario, but I feel like adding items to the store temporarily and then removing them is close enough.

    🦆🦂

  • I am going to try and come at this from a different perspective.

    Limited time does not mean exclusive. If BHVR comes out and says, 'Yes, these skins will never be available again! MWAHAHAHA miss out and weep poor people and/or people who cannot play at this time,' then yes, fine, that is something to absolutely be very mad about... but there is no evidence pointing to that. I wish BHVR would make a statement regarding this. I think it would help ease some people's anxiety.

    BHVR has said many times they do NOT do exclusives. Legacy Skins were the last of that business and I guess Stranger Things fell into the category by unforeseen circumstances.

    The Halloween skins are here for the Halloween season. November will roll around and they will be replaced by Christmas skins/ rift. Those Christmas skins will be there for the Christmas season and then gone until next year.

    Do we really need to have Halloween and Christmas skins available to purchase all year round? Seasonal skins are part of the excitement for seasonal events. If I miss a seasonal skin, see someone running around with one in May, and think 'Wow I love that Dwight skin! I can't wait to have it!', that makes me excited for next Halloween. I have something to look forward to.

    FOMO sucks. I have missed out on plenty across a variety of games (looking at you OW). The fact is I only have so much time to play games and I need to pick and choose which events I can participate in. I also only have so much disposable income. I can only spend X amount towards online cosmetics purchases. Once that money is used that's it. No more skins. It sucks when I really want something and I don't have the money, but that's just life right? I am sure most of you are just like me in regard to this.

    The fact is I will miss out, and I have learned to accept it and be okay with it for my own mental and finical well-being. Probably going to get hate for saying this but people need to be okay with missing out on things, or not being able to afford something right away. At some point, personal responsibility needs to kick in. Whether that be boycotting any company that does do limited time/ stock tactics and avoiding it altogether, or simply budgeting for things you do want. You need to do what is right for you.

    I understand why people are upset here, but I feel like none of this is new nor worth this level of outrage. Companies need to make money and an excellent way of doing that is by putting stuff up for sale for a limited time, or with limited stock. If you do not support this then, by all means, don't. However, lots of people, myself included, don't play into these tactics and just save for things they really want. When a cosmetic does pop up that I really want I have that money squirreled away. (Crossing fingers for Halloween Claudette skin).

    I guess what I am trying to say is that yah limited time sucks, but it's understandable from a business perspective, and it's definitely not something to be in a rage about. If these are exclusives then @ me and I will come join the fight ^^

  • @FancyMrB said:

    I am going to try and come at this from a different perspective.

    Limited time does not mean exclusive. If BHVR comes out and says, 'Yes, these skins will never be available again! MWAHAHAHA miss out and weep poor people and/or people who cannot play at this time,' then yes, fine, that is something to absolutely be very mad about... but there is no evidence pointing to that. I wish BHVR would make a statement regarding this. I think it would help ease some people's anxiety.

    BHVR has said many times they do NOT do exclusives. Legacy Skins were the last of that business and I guess Stranger Things fell into the category by unforeseen circumstances.

    The Halloween skins are here for the Halloween season. November will roll around and they will be replaced by Christmas skins/ rift. Those Christmas skins will be there for the Christmas season and then gone until next year.

    Do we really need to have Halloween and Christmas skins available to purchase all year round? Seasonal skins are part of the excitement for seasonal events. If I miss a seasonal skin, see someone running around with one in May, and think 'Wow I love that Dwight skin! I can't wait to have it!', that makes me excited for next Halloween. I have something to look forward to.

    FOMO sucks. I have missed out on plenty across a variety of games (looking at you OW). The fact is I only have so much time to play games and I need to pick and choose which events I can participate in. I also only have so much disposable income. I can only spend X amount towards online cosmetics purchases. Once that money is used that's it. No more skins. It sucks when I really want something and I don't have the money, but that's just life right? I am sure most of you are just like me in regard to this.

    The fact is I will miss out, and I have learned to accept it and be okay with it for my own mental and finical well-being. Probably going to get hate for saying this but people need to be okay with missing out on things, or not being able to afford something right away. At some point, personal responsibility needs to kick in. Whether that be boycotting any company that does do limited time/ stock tactics and avoiding it altogether, or simply budgeting for things you do want. You need to do what is right for you.

    I understand why people are upset here, but I feel like none of this is new nor worth this level of outrage. Companies need to make money and an excellent way of doing that is by putting stuff up for sale for a limited time, or with limited stock. If you do not support this then, by all means, don't. However, lots of people, myself included, don't play into these tactics and just save for things they really want. When a cosmetic does pop up that I really want I have that money squirreled away. (Crossing fingers for Halloween Claudette skin).

    I guess what I am trying to say is that yah limited time sucks, but it's understandable from a business perspective, and it's definitely not something to be in a rage about. If these are exclusives then @ me and I will come join the fight ^^

    You'd have a point, if BHVR had put out a statement confirming that these items will ALWAYS return in the following years.

    Until they do so, they are inducing FOMO and pushing more people to buy an item because we don't know whether it will be available again or not.


    There's the other reason why we are upset about it: who guarantees that only seasonal items will be available only for limited periods of time? If we don't put our foot down now to send a message to BHVR, they'll surely do this for other things, things that have no rights being time-limited as well, and next thing you know they implement a rotational shop, allowing you to buy something only during a specific week, and only for real money, with no chance of it being discounted during that week.

    Would you be fine with the next Halloween chapter to be a pumpkin-related killer/survivor and to be time-limited because "Well it's an event chapter, you can buy it next Halloween"?


    Whether that be boycotting any company that does do limited time/ stock tactics and avoiding it altogether, or simply budgeting for things you do want.

    I personally choose the first option. No company will ever receive a cent from me on limited-time content. Because I don't like those kind of tactics, and I don't want companies that are NOT employing them to think it's fine to do so. But the more people I get on my side, the better, otherwise it's useless.

  • Update: BHVR just confirmed they will be available again next Halloween:

    https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1585315360697466887


    Any time-limited DLC isn't defensible whatsoever to me. If you think I'm being hysteric about seasonal cosmetics, you're trying to compare real merchandise (halloween costumes, christmas lights, etc...) to non-material content.

  • If they'll be available next Halloween, then I'm not very concerned. Cycling cosmetics can be annoying and unnecessary, but they're not true FOMO and you'll always have another window (one which is guaranteed at a certain time, not random) to get what you want. This is a case where I'm very relieved to be wrong.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3237571#Comment_3237571

    "Until they do so, they are inducing FOMO and pushing more people to buy an item because we don't know whether it will be available again or not."

    It's exactly what they did. They are quick to chime in on other posts on this forum but were silent on this even though it was brought up numerous times. Not to mention the news announcements never mentioned this either. How hard would it have been to reply here and state "They will be available next Halloween" and to include that disclaimer at the start of the promotion.

    Knowing how BHVR operated in the past, they didn't take the decision of having them come back next Halloween until very recently, after seeing the complains

    Which is scary in a way, because it means that unless we are ready to complain they are more than happy to exploit us however they can, and that's not a good image


    Plus, how many people will have missed the tweet like I did?

  • I wonder if they are coming back next year will they be available for shards or will it reset every time always to be 3 weeks as a work around for their "4 weeks auric cells and then shards forever." If it's just a work around then I'd rather they return to the old system where you had the cosmetics available anytime.

  • @bm33 said:

    I wonder if they are coming back next year will they be available for shards or will it reset every time always to be 3 weeks as a work around for their "4 weeks auric cells and then shards forever." If it's just a work around then I'd rather they return to the old system where you had the cosmetics available anytime.

    It's going to be used as a workaround, rest assured.

    I'll be more than happy to be laughed at if next year they'll be available for shards, but I suspects that's not going to be the case

  • @BarnesFlam said:

    Update: BHVR just confirmed they will be available again next Halloween:

    https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1585315360697466887

    Any time-limited DLC isn't defensible whatsoever to me. If you think I'm being hysteric about seasonal cosmetics, you're trying to compare real merchandise (halloween costumes, christmas lights, etc...) to non-material content.

    I'm so happy it took them 20 days to confirm this.

  • Yeah, I kinda can't help but think that was intentional - either to drum up sales with the uncertainty, or because they were genuinely still deciding how they wanted to play this.

    It'd be one thing if it was always like that, but staff are usually pretty good at clearing up confusion once a topic goes viral.

    Still, I'd much rather have this than the alternative.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Me who buys all Jane skins the day they come out 😎

    On a serious note this sucks. Dbd was one of the few safe havens from FOMO and it’s now going in a direction I don’t want to support. Let’s hope this was just a test run and the feedback leads them to never do this again

    U must be really rich as jane skins are rare as hell

  • The 1 benefit of maining a rare character. Feng mains must be in debt at this point

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3244431#Comment_3244431

    Yeah, I kinda can't help but think that was intentional - either to drum up sales with the uncertainty, or because they were genuinely still deciding how they wanted to play this.

    It'd be one thing if it was always like that, but staff are usually pretty good at clearing up confusion once a topic goes viral.

    Still, I'd much rather have this than the alternative.

    Still, I'd much rather have this than the alternative.

    We have the alternative, the Deep Rift cosmetics which were announced as exclusive to the Rift (~ most likely not coming to the store, ever).

    🦆🦂

  • @BarnesFlam said:

    Update: BHVR just confirmed they will be available again next Halloween:

    https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1585315360697466887

    Any time-limited DLC isn't defensible whatsoever to me. If you think I'm being hysteric about seasonal cosmetics, you're trying to compare real merchandise (halloween costumes, christmas lights, etc...) to non-material content.

    Thank you for sharing that tweet. I was pretty sure this was going to be the case, this just confirms it. So I see absolutely no problem with this setup for certain holiday outfits being only available during that holiday.

  • @burt0r said:

    Exclusivity sadly sells.

    Cool outfits sell regardless. I got Dwight, don’t care about Jane

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3244185#Comment_3244185

    Thank you for sharing that tweet. I was pretty sure this was going to be the case, this just confirms it. So I see absolutely no problem with this setup for certain holiday outfits being only available during that holiday.

    And for the non-seasonal limited cosmetics?

  • There aren't any yet, save for charms that are promotional. Will there be? We don't know. But until there is, I have no opinion on something that doesn't exist yet.

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3246071#Comment_3246071

    There aren't any yet, save for charms that are promotional. Will there be? We don't know. But until there is, I have no opinion on something that doesn't exist yet.

    Feng and Clown have Limited cosmetics that were once Tome skins.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3247094#Comment_3247094

    Feng and Clown have Limited cosmetics that were once Tome skins.

    Yes, and look at the Collection name.

  • In which case, why are the previous seasonal cosmetics not time limited? Why suddenly shift direction towards a substantially less consumer friendly model?

    (and mark my words, there will be more proper non-seasonals)

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3247104#Comment_3247104

    In which case, why are the previous seasonal cosmetics not time limited? Why suddenly shift direction towards a substantially less consumer friendly model?

    (and mark my words, there will be more proper non-seasonals)

    Honestly I wonder if they're doing this shift because they plan to make the game free to play sometime soon. I would 100% not be surprised if that happened.

  • Becoming F2P doesn't excuse greedy practices.

  • Said it awhile ago. Its a greedy company and they blatantly show it. I stopped spending $$$ on them a long time ago. Wish more people woke up and realized this. Will never spend another cent on this game.

  • The nerve of this company, trying to make money....

  • Remarkable how you treat this as justification.

  • @kcwolf1975 said:

    The nerve of this company, trying to make money....

    There's an entire thread to read about why this excuse is terrible at being am excuse.

  • @BarnesFlam said:

    Becoming F2P doesn't excuse greedy practices.

    No, but consumers will excuse them. Then other companies switch to these models because they bring in money. Fools are easily parted with their money.

  • @BarnesFlam said:

    Becoming F2P doesn't excuse greedy practices.

    It's baffling to me that people still think companies care more about their consumers then they do about making money.

    It will always be about money, companies want to make as much money as possible, BHVR is looking at what other games are doing to make money, and they follow suit because they want to make more money.

    Don't expect companies to care about their consumers more then they do about generating more income. If FOMO is going to bring in more money for them, then they absolutely will continue to do it.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3247404#Comment_3247404

    It's baffling to me that people still think companies care more about their consumers then they do about making money.

    It will always be about money, companies want to make as much money as possible, BHVR is looking at what other games are doing to make money, and they follow suit because they want to make more money.

    Don't expect companies to care about their consumers more then they do about generating more income. If FOMO is going to bring in more money for them, then they absolutely will continue to do it.

    That is true only because consumers ALLOW companies that don't care about them to make money.

    If we were to stop supporting those companies, I'd say they'd magically change their mind.

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3247714#Comment_3247714

    That is true only because consumers ALLOW companies that don't care about them to make money.

    If we were to stop supporting those companies, I'd say they'd magically change their mind.

    But the thing is there's never going to be enough people willing to do that to make a difference, ever.

    Most of the people playing these games don't even follow them on social media to see there's an outcry in the first place.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3247727#Comment_3247727

    But the thing is there's never going to be enough people willing to do that to make a difference, ever.

    Most of the people playing these games don't even follow them on social media to see there's an outcry in the first place.

    Ok, then surrender without even trying and buy into anti-consumer tactics without batting an eye.

    Because that's the most sensible thing to do.

    Or

    Start trying to spread awareness to get people to understand why those things should not be acceptable and why they should complain without buying into it.

    It (more or less) worked with NFTs, time-limited skins should be no difference.

  • They are deemed Halloween skins, so they will be back next year. Its really not a big deal, if you want them buy them, if you don't want them, then why does it matter if they are only there during the Halloween season?

  • Usually BHVR is good with selling items, so to see them double down on the "seasonal" limited cosmetics is a little saddening.

    Oh well. At least it isn't overwatch charging 26 quid for a skin.

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3247548#Comment_3247548

    They are deemed Halloween skins, so they will be back next year. Its really not a big deal, if you want them buy them, if you don't want them, then why does it matter if they are only there during the Halloween season?

    BTW, if we want to be pedantic they confirmed that Dwight's and Jane's skins will be back next year, and they didn't confirm anything about the other 4 skins, which are part of different collections but still time-limited.

    image.png image.png

    See the difference?

    if you don't want them, then why does it matter if they are only there during the Halloween season?

    Who said I don't want them? maybe I want them, but I want to be able to buy them whenever I want since they are digital content and don't have a particular reason to be available only during certain timeframes.

    Plus, I don't want BHVR to think it's ok to release time-limited content, because guess what? If they think it's ok, they'll do it again, and again, and again, and everytime with more and more content. It's a slippery slope that we, as a community, have nothing to gain from.

    Tell me 3 good reasons why time-limited skins are good for the community (aka as us) and why we should cherish these tactics. I'll wait.

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3248899#Comment_3248899

    BTW, if we want to be pedantic they confirmed that Dwight's and Jane's skins will be back next year, and they didn't confirm anything about the other 4 skins, which are part of different collections but still time-limited.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ZNRCW4YOIB7A/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/IP8KX7PQGUTU/image.png

    See the difference?

    if you don't want them, then why does it matter if they are only there during the Halloween season?

    Who said I don't want them? maybe I want them, but I want to be able to buy them whenever I want since they are digital content and don't have a particular reason to be available only during certain timeframes.

    Plus, I don't want BHVR to think it's ok to release time-limited content, because guess what? If they think it's ok, they'll do it again, and again, and again, and everytime with more and more content. It's a slippery slope that we, as a community, have nothing to gain from.

    Tell me 3 good reasons why time-limited skins are good for the community (aka as us) and why we should cherish these tactics. I'll wait.

    If they were not Halloween related items, I'd agree. But you have your right to your opinion, just as I do mine, and my opinion is that that Halloween content being limited to Halloween isn't a big deal. Now, if they in the future just start rotating outfits on a whim like Disney used to do with their movies, well... then I'd have a problem with that. But we aren't seeing that yet, and I am not one to always look to the worst case scenario. If you are, that's fine. You might even be right, and if you are, then well, I'll apologize.

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3249235#Comment_3249235

    If they were not Halloween related items, I'd agree. But you have your right to your opinion, just as I do mine, and my opinion is that that Halloween content being limited to Halloween isn't a big deal. Now, if they in the future just start rotating outfits on a whim like Disney used to do with their movies, well... then I'd have a problem with that. But we aren't seeing that yet, and I am not one to always look to the worst case scenario. If you are, that's fine. You might even be right, and if you are, then well, I'll apologize.

    Glad to see the only "reason" to defend these tactics is "It's not a big deal at the moment", thanks 😊

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3249973#Comment_3249973

    Glad to see the only "reason" to defend these tactics is "It's not a big deal at the moment", thanks 😊

    You are intentionally simplifying what I actually said to make me look bad. There is nothing wrong with seasonal content being limited to that season. It's plain and simple to understand.

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3250183#Comment_3250183

    You are intentionally simplifying what I actually said to make me look bad. There is nothing wrong with seasonal content being limited to that season. It's plain and simple to understand.

    There is though. There is no benefit for those time-restrained comsetics. This is simply a downgrade consumer-wise compared to the rest of the store.

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3250183#Comment_3250183

    You are intentionally simplifying what I actually said to make me look bad. There is nothing wrong with seasonal content being limited to that season. It's plain and simple to understand.

    @BarnesFlam explained it in a much way simpler way than I did.

    What was wrong with past Halloween cosmetics being in the store all year round? If the answer is "Nothing" then there is no positive reason BHVR could have had to change that.


    And yes, I simplified what you said, but I didn't left out any important detail, and if that makes you "look bad" there's probably a good reason.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3247545#Comment_3247545

    There's an entire thread to read about why this excuse is terrible at being am excuse.

    This excuse is an excuse of an excuse.

    Anyway, can I get a link to the thread

1 2 3 4 5 6