This Months Prime Reward: 400K BP

Comments

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190590#Comment_3190590

    I'm not engaging with the core of what you're saying because it's pedantic and overconcerned with semantics.

    What? How is directly challenging the idea that "this specific reward is insulting because it's not worth paying money for" pedantic?

    This isn't semantics. People are saying this reward isn't worth paying for, and so it's worth reminding them that they aren't paying for it. They're paying for something else and this is a bonus that comes with it.

    Okay, even clearer this time: Nothing on Prime Gaming is individually worth the price of a Prime subscription. It's my opinion that even put together they aren't worth the price of a subscription, but the fact stands that Amazon is not selling you the promise of "You will get cool Dead By Daylight cosmetics for this price", they are selling you the promise of "You'll get kind of underwhelming rewards for a wide variety of games, and a couple free games per month too".

  • @Rookie1978 said:

    tbh a charm would be worse lmao. but they SHOULD just give us auric cells

    I would take a charm over bloodpoints any day

    400k I can get by playing the game for a day

    A charm I can't

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190598#Comment_3190598

    It's almost as if they falseley advertised their service and people are (rightly) annoyed about it...

    But no that can't be the case, it must be everyone else being "really dumb".

    well teh dumb part is subscribing to a video streaming service you don't need because of vague lootboxes with random free stuff in them. But Of course your money, your decision. It's like you buy a whole car, because you get sometimes free air fresheners at some gas stations or something :)) It's on you really. Nobody told you to buy a car, even if they give some free stuff to the car owners. How dare they not delivering something nicer among free stuff? You wouldn't have bought the car otherwise. So yeah it sounds kinda dumb, sorry.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190593#Comment_3190593

    🔎

    "Paying for a service that was advertised, expecting the company to deliver to the standard that was advertised, and then being disappointed when they don't hold true to their word is your fault and not the company's."

    If Prime Gaming says that they're going to deliver "exclusive rewards", and say the purpose is to let people expand their selection of cosmetics, then they should deliver that.

    Again, what are you REALLY paying for? Are you paying for Prime Gaming explicitly? Then I can understand when you are mad at this. Although there's not much "exclusiveness" in other games rewards as well, but whatever.

    But when you are really paying for amazone prime, and thus get Prime Gaming on top without extra payment, its rather dishonest to complain about the rewards as if you payed with your money for them explicitly.

    Sure it sucks to get such lame, non-exclusive rewards, but for the majority of the players redeeming them, they won't have paid a single cent for it. So the complaint that it costs hard earned money is pretty much void, imo.

  • ...You could've just stopped responding, man. When you keep responding the hint is actually that you want to keep talking about it.

  • I don't pay for Prime for this content, i've had a membership for longer than DBD have been partners. Having said that, yes the reward was a tad dismal (they could have at least doubled it) but I'm kind of indifferent since it's all just a bonus to me.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190633#Comment_3190633

    I don't want to engage with what you're saying because it comes off so patronising. Like just say what you want to say without all the "Okay, even clearer this time:"s that make it sound like you're talking to a 5 year old.

    My point was that technically free isn't really free. But you just responded like three times explaining how it IS technically free, when that wasn't even what I was trying to say.

    Also for future reference, please do not address me as "man".

    Noted, I can avoid that word.

    I didn't mean to come off as patronising- I was more concerned that my point wasn't coming across. Calling my argument pedantic when it's extremely relevant to what I'm responding to makes it seem like I'm not doing a great job of conveying what I'm saying, so I was trying to condense it down to something more concise and clear.

    To try again a little more neutrally - you say that technically free isn't really free, and certainly we can all agree on that statement, but I assume you're trying to apply it to this situation, right? To say that these bonuses aren't free? That's what I'm responding to, when I say that the thing you're paying for isn't these bonuses. It's not that I'm trying to make the argument that they're actually free (though them being meaningfully freebies is part of it), it's that they're not meant to be worth the money a Prime subscription costs, you aren't paying directly for them and so they don't need to meet a standard of quality that would justify that price.

    That's why this offer isn't false advertising, or lying, or underperforming. Most of the Prime Gaming rewards are like this, they're designed to be nice bonuses for people who already have Prime for some other major reason.

  • I'd rather have received enough shards to buy an outfit. Maybe they poured all their effort and manpower into the Res Evil chapter release but I'm kind of hoping they are also crazy busy with a new Halloween event for next month.

  • @Aurelle said:

    Oof. First the Plague skin and now this? So much for exclusivity, I guess.

    I'm at least grateful for the Plague skin because I took a break during that part of the game. So there's that small percentage of people who had a use for the code lol 😄

  • @CaulDrohn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/346922/400-000-bloodpoints

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190524#Comment_3190524

    You are implying that ppl pay for Twitch Prime for the sole reason to get Dbd rewards. Which is totally out of touch with reality. Most of the ppl pay for prime to get free amazon delivery or prime streaming access. Twitch prime subs and Prime gaming rewards are just the icing on the cake. Acting like you are entitled to get some nice game rewards because you pay for it, thats just incredibly embarassing.

    Where is the entitlement talk coming from? Why don't you want more from the games you paid to play? Get a grip dude, this weird simp cope over corporations that don't know you exist will get you absolutely nowhere.

    Bloodpoints are not real. They are not a real currency. They cannot be traded. They can only be 'earned', but they're still a virtual number that's just kept track of, that you can't get anything with except bloodweb items. Blood points are not real and only have as much 'value' as Behavior wants to assign to them.

    Acting like someone is 'entitled' because they want more video game points is such a strange stance to take. It's the point of playing the videogame. It's a game. The bloodpoints aren't money, they're not real, DBD is not a job, etc.

    Get a grip dude.

  • Remember when one of the rewards was a that pot of gold charm and people joked about how the next one would be a bloodpoint code?

    The fact it actually came true is disturbing.

  • I don't even know what to say anymore.

    BHVR is pathetic when it comes to rewarding their community, and it showed multiple times, on multiple occasions.

    I understand the whole "PrImE GaMiNg Is FrEe" argument, but FFS, compare what DBD rewards look like to the rewards you get for other games and try defending them again.

    Defending BHVR on this is only self-sabotage, giving them the green light to reduce EVEN MORE the quality of the rewards in the future. What's next? 5k bloodpoints? A brown offering? A thank you PNG that you can't use in game?

    Jesus Christ..

  • I don't even know what to say anymore.

    BHVR is pathetic when it comes to rewarding their community, and it showed multiple times, on multiple occasions.

    I understand the whole "PrImE GaMiNg Is FrEe" argument, but FFS, compare what DBD rewards look like to the rewards you get for other games and try defending them again.

    Defending BHVR on this is only self-sabotage, giving them the green light to reduce EVEN MORE the quality of the rewards in the future. What's next? 5k bloodpoints? A brown offering? A thank you PNG that you can't use in game?

    Jesus Christ..

  • @Lycidas said:

    I don't even know what to say anymore.

    BHVR is pathetic when it comes to rewarding their community, and it showed multiple times, on multiple occasions.

    I understand the whole "PrImE GaMiNg Is FrEe" argument, but FFS, compare what DBD rewards look like to the rewards you get for other games and try defending them again.

    Defending BHVR on this is only self-sabotage, giving them the green light to reduce EVEN MORE the quality of the rewards in the future. What's next? 5k bloodpoints? A brown offering? A thank you PNG that you can't use in game?

    Jesus Christ..

    Next month is an NFT.

    You heard it here first.

    🦆🦂

  • @Rookie1978

    "Where is the entitlement talk coming from? Why don't you want more from the games you paid to play? Get a grip dude, this weird simp cope over corporations that don't know you exist will get you absolutely nowhere."

    Just read the post I linked before trash talking me. I was explicitly referring to complaints that ppl. pay for prime gaming to just get DbD rewards, and acting all bitchy bc the rewards are bad. When in reality, next to NO ONE pays for prime gaming explicitly for Dbd rewards. I don't know if thats even possible. It has NOTHING to do with paying for DbD as a game, you got gthat wrong.

    "Bloodpoints are not real. They are not a real currency. They cannot be traded. They can only be 'earned', but they're still a virtual number that's just kept track of, that you can't get anything with except bloodweb items. Blood points are not real and only have as much 'value' as Behavior wants to assign to them."

    No ######### sherlock! The same as cosmetics, which are also not real! So whats all the fuzz about if it's all not real? Remember, I'm NOT the complaining that my hard earned money is wasted with bad prime gaming rewards, OP is!

    "Acting like someone is 'entitled' because they want more video game points is such a strange stance to take. It's the point of playing the videogame. It's a game. The bloodpoints aren't money, they're not real, DBD is not a job, etc."

    It's not about the game, its about prime gaming ffs. Do you even read the thread before joining in a conversation?

    "Get a grip dude."

    Learn to read, dude.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    I don't pay for Prime for this content, i've had a membership for longer than DBD have been partners. Having said that, yes the reward was a tad dismal (they could have at least doubled it) but I'm kind of indifferent since it's all just a bonus to me.

    Finally another sane person in this thread.

  • Well if none of you want this atrocious gift, I will take your codes.

  • Meanwhile i am here thinking how handy 400k bloodpoints would be right now

    It honestly seems more worth then some skin that a lot of players probably won't use cause there are like 50+ characters now

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191006#Comment_3191006

    Next month is an NFT.

    You heard it here first.

    🦆🦂

    Lol, can you imagine?

    @Gary_Coleman said:

    Well if none of you want this atrocious gift, I will take your codes.

    I can't give you my code, it's illegal apparently on these forums

    It's been illegal, for some suspicious reason, since they gave the recycled Plague outfit as a Prime Reward. Weird, innit?

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191058#Comment_3191058

    Lol, can you imagine?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191063#Comment_3191063

    I can't give you my code, it's illegal apparently on these forums

    It's been illegal, for some suspicious reason, since they gave the recycled Plague outfit as a Prime Reward. Weird, innit?

    Just to be clear here, sharing codes has always been against the rules.

  • @Rizzo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191165#Comment_3191165

    Just to be clear here, sharing codes has always been against the rules.

    I was told that its only against the rules to share Amazon codes. Is that incorrect info?

  • @Gary_Coleman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191170#Comment_3191170

    I was told that its only against the rules to share Amazon codes. Is that incorrect info?

    It's not just Amazon codes, not sure how this became a thing.

    This has been in the rules for years:

    image.png

    I think the misunderstanding here came up because of the amount of codes that people were sharing with the Plague outfit, when we had to pin an announcement on top of the forums, but this is really not a new rule.

  • @Rizzo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191179#Comment_3191179

    It's not just Amazon codes, not sure how this became a thing.

    This has been in the rules for years:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/S015C9B7N3NO/image.png

    I think the misunderstanding here came up because of the amount of codes that people were sharing with the Plague outfit, when we had to pin an announcement on top of the forums, but this is really not a new rule.

    Most people would not consider posting / sharing codes without getting anything in return as trading, which is most likely where the confusion comes from. Trading = you get something in return.

    The rule, as written, is unclear and should probably be reworded a bit to clarify that.

    🦆🦂

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191182#Comment_3191182

    Most people would not consider posting / sharing codes without getting anything in return as trading, which is most likely where the confusion comes from. Trading = you get something in return.

    The rule, as written, is unclear and should probably be reworded a bit to clarify that.

    🦆🦂

    That's not up to me, I'm afraid.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Meanwhile i am here thinking how handy 400k bloodpoints would be right now

    It honestly seems more worth then some skin that a lot of players probably won't use cause there are like 50+ characters now

    Literally play 4 matches with a cake.

  • 5-6 matches realistically

    And prime users will still have 400k more then me if they do the same

  • Don't see the issue, im 400k better off than i was.

  • @TunnelVision said:

    Don't see the issue, im 400k better off than i was.

    The main issue (for me, and from what I have seen for other people as well) is that on the Dbd website this Prime Gaming partnership is described as giving out cosmetics. Bloodpoints are not a cosmetic.

    Prime Gaming and Dead by Daylight are joining up for a series of monthly content drops aimed at giving players a special run of cosmetics to help grow their collections. 

    🦆🦂

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191260#Comment_3191260

    The main issue (for me, and from what I have seen for other people as well) is that on the Dbd website this Prime Gaming partnership is described as giving out cosmetics. Bloodpoints are not a cosmetic.

    Prime Gaming and Dead by Daylight are joining up for a series of monthly content drops aimed at giving players a special run of cosmetics to help grow their collections. 

    🦆🦂

    Specially people who are paying monthly mostly for DBD like myself, i literally paid 10 euros for 400K bp.

  • @Rizzo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191165#Comment_3191165

    Just to be clear here, sharing codes has always been against the rules.

    I mean, sharing is one thing, gifting is another, like @Madjura said

    What's the difference between me gifting a one-time use code for a Plague outfit that I can't redeem and you sharing a one-time use code for a Nancy, Steve or Demogorgon's outfit?

  • @Xord said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190456#Comment_3190456

    Wrong.

    They could give 499 Auric Cells. That way you wouldn't be able to buy licenced stuff.

    Ähm...

    If i have 1 AC i could buy stuff and BHVR would have to pay 4,99.

    If you don´t understand the difference to their own curency then i don´t know.

  • bruh even riot aren't this bad with prime rewards, would it hurt to give the player 500 auric cells, or 450 just tease people for that 50, prime rewards are suppose to be ACTUAL REWARDS, not what a player can achieve with few cakes in game

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Xord said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192730#Comment_3192730

    it was more meant as a joke, but I have no idea what you meant.

    Ah ok.

    BHVR won´t give away real money. Aurics are like money. No matter how much. Why would they give you free money?

    If you buy licensed stuff a certain percentage belongs to the licensers, so they would have to pay that for real.

    BP or Shards they could give away as much as they want as you earn these by playing anyway.

    Therefore i would never expect Aurics as any reward. (Even the Bubba refund was in Shards)

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Xord said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192867#Comment_3192867

    From behavior, I would've expect it either, but any other big company would have no problem doing that as long as you can't buy a character with what they give. (that's why I suggested they could give 499, it would actually be a huge ass move from them as it would force people to spend money to get anything out of this cursed gift.)

    You are right.

    But then it has to be 249. As chars on sale only cost 250.

  • @Marigoria said:

    Because it's not funny.

    For real? First we get a code we can't even redeem because we already had that plague skin from a PAID rift.

    And now we get 400k Bp.

    I'm- ... I don't even know what to say anymore. When we think it can't get lower, here we are.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/UFMYCQBPH1IO/20220915164751-1.jpg

    To be honest let's look at the not BHVR but the other criminal in the line up and that's Amazon who already has a not so stellar reputation especially after the tornado incident.....but also thier business practices. I could see them saying we want this as the reward....

  • Come on fellow players. Just scan the QR Code with your "mobile device" and get those Bloodpoints. You know YOU WANT IT!

    Did I already mention how the Bloodpoints do not count towards the cap?


    Btw. nothing nefarious will happen to you or be done with the data Amazon (or other parties) will collect, OK? It's all just a good deed, to you, the fellow player!


    Trust me. And trust Amazon. And trust every other company that may get the meta data as well.


    Look at the 400k juicy blood money, ehhhh, I mean Bloodpoints. All you have to do is scan the QR Code with your "mobile device".

    Do it already. You need the Bloodpoints, so scan the code! Just forget about the part where some data may or may not be collected and concentrate on the part where YOU PROFIT!


    It's easy. JUST. SCAN. THE. CODE.

  • @Pizzaman said:

    Come on fellow players. Just scan the QR Code with your "mobile device" and get those Bloodpoints. You know YOU WANT IT!

    Did I already mention how the Bloodpoints do not count towards the cap?

    Btw. nothing nefarious will happen to you or be done with the data Amazon (or other parties) will collect, OK? It's all just a good deed, to you, the fellow player!

    Trust me. And trust Amazon. And trust every other company that may get the meta data as well.

    Look at the 400k juicy blood money, ehhhh, I mean Bloodpoints. All you have to do is scan the QR Code with your "mobile device".

    Do it already. You need the Bloodpoints, so scan the code! Just forget about the part where some data may or may not be collected and concentrate on the part where YOU PROFIT!

    It's easy. JUST. SCAN. THE. CODE.

    I'm all for dunking on Amazon for their horrible privacy policies but to be entirely fair it's not a QR code lol

  • So, every now and then, I get Amazon Prime for a month so that I can watch something on Prime Video or get free shipping on my parcel, and last month, I remember thinking, "Wow, I wonder if I'll get another cool DBD reward," and then it was a Plague outfit I already got from the Rift. And then I thought, "That seems not that great, but I guess not everybody has it? I bet the reward in September will be really good..."

    And now.

1 2 3 ›