"Just do gens if they camp"

I'm so tired of this meta what do you expect us to do against this? Trade? We'll go down, finish the gen, we did but we only got 30 percent with 2 people on the gen, there is no winning.


https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/895534063648141334/1018027451558940754/DeadByDaylight_2022-09-10_06-06-49.mp4


Fix this it's 5+ years of this, how can you not know what to do?

Comments

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3181018#Comment_3181018

    How does this work? Do i send you my steam data so you can gift me this chapter so i can use the perks, or is it just pay2win?

    Sorry but this game is not free to play.

  • @pseudechis said:

    There was a golden time when players would hook trade and make smart saves and focus down gens if someone was getting camped.

    Now it’s just whine whine whine.

    yeah?

    when?

  • If that happens in swf we kinda just collectively dc. Not because particularily petty but because DCing and having a chat for five minutes while the penalty timer runs out is more fun than watching one person hang around / watching three people hold M1. We don't get any BP that are worth the time anyway. We depip anyway. - And we don't care about MMR. There is simply no point in playing along with that kinda game. - An exception is if the one who ends up on the hook had a good chase and we're almost there in terms of gens anyway. But if it was a surprise down early on followed by unsave-able face camping? Nah thanks.

  • Oh look. It's Bubba, I AM SHOCKED


    SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • @pseudechis said:

    There was a golden time when players would hook trade and make smart saves and focus down gens if someone was getting camped.

    Now it’s just whine whine whine.

    Its impossible to hook trade against some killers

  • Man, screw it. Face camping Bubba I just a different mode of play in DBD. In this mode, you're job is to be last man standing and get the hatch, if you didn't manage to knock out the gens during the first 3 people on hook.

  • Giving a down with 5 gens up is not great. The killer can punish it by facecamping the first person. When the map is brand new, all loops are fresh, you shouldn´t go down in 10 seconds.

  • You can trade with too but just be careful. I facecamped as bubba in endgame one survivor and the team kept trading until everyone was on death hook. They were good and tried all different tactics to save the hooked one but I played safe to get the kill.

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3181017#Comment_3181017

    Or my favorite before the update

    tunnels a survivor: “of course this survivors has ds. Ugh!” When the survivor has it

    ”tuff luck should have beought ds” when the survivor doesnt have it

    No because there are streamers that say this nonsense.

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3181018#Comment_3181018

    Reassurance doesnt work from the floor above I don't think, so it wouldn't help here.

    It works through floors. I've seen people get reassurance through floors on gideons.

  • @duygu said:

    the main issue in that clip is that someone got downed to leatherface early on in lery's of all maps

    so true. With god window city idk how someone gets insta downed.

  • Different servers mean different players and experiences, but the people I've played with back in the day were FAR less whiny and way smarter than the ones I've played with prior to leaving the Fog.

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    I'm so tired of this meta what do you expect us to do against this? Trade? We'll go down, finish the gen, we did but we only got 30 percent with 2 people on the gen, there is no winning.

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/895534063648141334/1018027451558940754/DeadByDaylight_2022-09-10_06-06-49.mp4

    Fix this it's 5+ years of this, how can you not know what to do?

    Let me ask you a question first


    What's the source of camping?

    Why People camp?

    And Why they shouldn't?

  • @C3Tooth said:

    Killers tell Survivors to rush Gen when have a camper.

    Then Killers complain about Gen speed because Survivors rush Gen in case of camper

    yes yes because killer is just one collective hivemind

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3181296#Comment_3181296

    Different servers mean different players and experiences, but the people I've played with back in the day were FAR less whiny and way smarter than the ones I've played with prior to leaving the Fog.

    they may have seem smarter but really thats just because there was more wiggle room for Survivors

    Made their mistakes much less punishing

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3181022#Comment_3181022

    It works through floors. I've seen people get reassurance through floors on gideons.

    But not in the basement, which defeats one of the main purposes of the perk

  • @Negi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3180983#Comment_3180983

    Yeah, it was when gens were 80 seconds, deadlock didn't exist, ds was a threat so hook trading actually worked, and survivors didn't suicide the majority of the time they're getting camped. I guess be disingenuous and pretend things haven't changed.

    Actually I’m being very genuine.

    I’d say the tweaks made resulted in a better spread of gameplay than was previously available.

    Haven’t had a game in a while where I didn’t see the killer all game because they were hard pressed to catch even 1 survivor. Remember those games where you just gen jockey for 5 gens while the killer ineffectively chased someone else.

    Most games now have a high interaction with the killer, spread a lot of pressure and damage and are generally better than the last year or so.

    Don’t know what happened to a lot of players but everyone seems to think you can solve the problem of rage quitting survivors by punishing and nerfing killers into the ground.

    The rage quitters are gonna quit, the whiners are gonna whine and the rest of us just play the game. That’s about the sum of it.

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    Honestly, if the killer is facecamping me and it's obvious he's doing so, I'm just going to suicide on hook. There is no point in wasting my time for less than 5k BP and a depip when that's inevitiable. So I just take that and move on to the next match. Is it selfish to suicide on hook and make it easier for the killer to kill the rest of the survivors? Sure. But not as selfish as the killer is being. If I am in a match with friends, yea I will stay to help them, but solo queue? I'm not wasting my time, and I don't blame others who don't want to do so either.

    Now, when i am playing killer, I don't normally tunnel (a few exceptions, like those that are clicky clicky with flashlights, you're literally wanting me to chase you, I am going to. Don't claim I am tunneling you after) or camp (hell, even in end game I don't and that's the one time I think it's reasonable) and yet I still have survivors suicide on hook, and it's that I don't understand.

    This is why camping works and killers have little incentive to not try it at 5 gens.

    Congratulations you are part of the problem. 👏

  • I have.

    I’ve also failed a lot trying to do so but had a lot of fun trying.

    I’ve also screwed up as a camping bubba and lost out, it happens.

    But people just want to tantrum and give up. “It’s not fair waah!”

    Go for the save, you might surprise yourself and the killer.

    “It’s better to live one hour as a tiger than a whole lifetime as a worm” - Old cat saying.

  • reassurance is a thing

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3181817#Comment_3181817

    I have.

    I’ve also failed a lot trying to do so but had a lot of fun trying.

    I’ve also screwed up as a camping bubba and lost out, it happens.

    But people just want to tantrum and give up. “It’s not fair waah!”

    Go for the save, you might surprise yourself and the killer.

    “It’s better to live one hour as a tiger than a whole lifetime as a worm” - Old cat saying.

    It isn't fair.

    People are allowed to complain about things that ruin their experience.

    "Go for the save and give the Killer two downs instead of just one! In the .0001% chance that they screw up, one of you makes it out!"

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3181838#Comment_3181838

    It isn't fair.

    People are allowed to complain about things that ruin their experience.

    "Go for the save and give the Killer two downs instead of just one! In the .0001% chance that they screw up, one of you makes it out!"

    “It isn’t fair” and that’s ok.

    DBD shines as an asymmetric survival horror as a pvp game it’s a rather dull mechanical experience.

    The imbalance makes the game exciting. It’s not fair that the killer is so strong but it’s also not fair that it’s 4 vs 1. That’s the idea.

    People are so hung up of a sense of fair play they forget what this game is about. It’s not meant to be fair and that’s ok.

    It doesn’t make your opponent a monster or a griefer it’s just someone playing the monster in a game.

    Expect them to be a monster but leave it in game.

    It’s still entirely possible to play around a camping killer no matter what killer it is but rather than play it out people just quit because “waah it’s not fair!”

    I’m sorry but sack up, not every game is gonna be fair and that’s ok, in fact that’s the very thing that makes dbd a horror survival experience and it’s great.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3181911#Comment_3181911

    “It isn’t fair” and that’s ok.

    DBD shines as an asymmetric survival horror as a pvp game it’s a rather dull mechanical experience.

    The imbalance makes the game exciting. It’s not fair that the killer is so strong but it’s also not fair that it’s 4 vs 1. That’s the idea.

    People are so hung up of a sense of fair play they forget what this game is about. It’s not meant to be fair and that’s ok.

    It doesn’t make your opponent a monster or a griefer it’s just someone playing the monster in a game.

    Expect them to be a monster but leave it in game.

    It’s still entirely possible to play around a camping killer no matter what killer it is but rather than play it out people just quit because “waah it’s not fair!”

    I’m sorry but sack up, not every game is gonna be fair and that’s ok, in fact that’s the very thing that makes dbd a horror survival experience and it’s great.

    Let's go, I'm having so much fun sitting on a hook for 2 minutes, getting 2K BP and watching your team losing the game.

    So fun.


    You can have your opinion, it's wrong though.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3181927#Comment_3181927

    Let's go, I'm having so much fun sitting on a hook for 2 minutes, getting 2K BP and watching your team losing the game.

    So fun.

    You can have your opinion, it's wrong though.

    Actually you should try my opinion out for a few games because no matter what happens in game I generally have fun, don’t hold a grudge and appreciate a brutal player experience simulating a slasher flick.

    There are very few scenarios in dbd that are unfun when you go into it with the expectation I’ve expressed here.

    If being wrong means having fun and making the most of the game as is, then I guess I’ll happily be wrong.

    Because sounds like being right means not having any fun and just being miserable about how unfair it all feels.

    That sounds like a great game and really makes me ask why do even play if it’s all so unfair?

    Dont give me the I didn’t get any BP, BPs are infinite if you play, you get them. Stop focusing on what you earn from the game and just play it come what may and you’ll be having fun in no time no matter what goes down.

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3181569#Comment_3181569

    they may have seem smarter but really thats just because there was more wiggle room for Survivors

    Made their mistakes much less punishing

    The point stands.

  • And perks are not a solution for design problems.

  • What do you expect from players that like easy games? Because skill is not.

1 2 ›