What is your Pet Peeve with certain things in DBD?
Mine rn is Wesker's Green Herb add-on being purple and not an actual green add-on, and then the Red one is green.
Mine rn is Wesker's Green Herb add-on being purple and not an actual green add-on, and then the Red one is green.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
That every teachable is tagged as “Very Rare THE TRAPPER Perk”
It’s the ‘the’ that bothers me.
That there aren't enough offerings for bloodpoints, my biggest tho, is maps. Always get big maps when I play Pig, or the Game when I wanna be an M1.
Hunk not being his own killer, my mans deserved his own spotlight
How clown’s knife is called a butterfly knife despite literally being a flip knife. It even does the flip if you put a bottle away
Claire Redfield getting 0 cosmetics or i get the same killer in 2 games in a two
A few:
- Survivors that flashlight blind when it's very obvious and they clearly understand you are letting them go. It's like if they have one in their hands, it's simply impossible for them to resist. It's the quickest way to revert me back to an unfriendly killer. Many who simply can't resist after being told no once have found the fast way on to a hook or forced to crawl out the gates while being t-bagged by their teammates.
- DCs on first hook for no other reason than they were downed. It doesn't matter what killer, how nice I play, nothing. I get one of these about every third game. I can understand somewhat if you are being camped/slugged/tunneled, or if it's a super oppressive killer or build, but to have a tantrum and ruin the game for four other people simply because you lost a chase is just the lowest. I'd rather face 100 clicky-boi buttdancers than 1 of these guys.
- Survivors that waste my time by never readying up, and do the same by never leaving until the last second even though all remaining Survivors are in the same gate and healed up. It doesn't even have to be a BM thing. Even when it's them showing appreciation for letting them go, to drag it out until the last possible second just irritates me to no end. At least the ones BMing, I can give them a couple of love taps to send them on their way, but the ones who are being nice, I just feel too bad to give em a smack.
For starters, the odd time with the bloodwarden tiers. How it jumps from 30,40, to 60 instead of 40, 50, 60? I do not know. The other is the Spirit brown add-ons being like barely 5% weaker than green and yellow rarity which makes it feel like I'm being robbed, and the fact that Green Keys exists in chests.
For the first one what exactly do you mean by "letting them go?" Like if I bring a flashlight I will sometimes blind the killer even if I'm almost out simply for bloodpoints.
Literally letting them finish the last gens and exit the gates. Like I'm standing 8m away from the last gen they are working on. They ask for permission to work it (crouch up to the gen and look at me, start working on it after I nod to them). Gen pops they follow me to the exit gates, I open them for them and step to the side. They run in and a couple heal up. They all come out to where I'm standing and one offers a toolbox/medkit/etc. Next one comes up and shines his mf beamer in my face. I shake my head "no". He pauses. Then does it again. This is the point where I turn violent again.
Could be for points, could be just being toxic, who knows. As I said I will sometimes blind the killer even though I can easily escape just for the extra BP considering some games I'll bring a flashlight and will get almost no use out of it and want at least a little value from it.
Yeah, don't care. If the killer is being nice enough to let you finish gens and exit the gate - usually because of an early DC or suicide on hook - at their expense of dragging the game out for themselves, and the points from just hooking and sacrificing everyone, maybe if they tell you "no" when you point a beamer in their face, respect that. Maybe don't point it in their face in the first place. Seems like a reasonable and decent thing to do.
Not saying you're doing anything wrong but DC or not I genuinely would rather be steamrolled by a killer than to have one stare at me while I do generators to escape. I play Dead by Daylight to use game mechanics and strategies to escape or end up dying, if my entire game consists of holding M1 then I simply don't want to be included in that game anymore and would rather offer myself as a death than continue playing in the borefest. It's the same with farming killers, I simply would rather play competitively than sit there and have to slowly do generators and throw pallets down one at a time with no real danger involved.
As I said you aren't doing anything wrong by letting people escape if they so choose but while I appreciate the nice gesture of killers that do do this I would much rather still have to play normally or just move on to the next game entirely. I wouldn't say its a "decent thing to do" as I brought a flashlight in to be used, after this game the addons I might have added disappear, I didn't bring it in so that I can be guilted into not getting a bit of use out of it because the killer felt bad. If they choose to tunnel me to death after I blind them then that is totally fine too, it's how I would rather it be.
(Not to mention that its very hard to pip when you're being let escape because you get no healing or any of the other emblems.)
Survivors looping the 3 gen on coal tower/azarovs until they are dead. Just kill me instead plz.
My biggest pet peeve with DbD is that everything in the game is half-realized. It's like they came up with so many good ideas but then told a short-staffed team to whip it up in 3 months. Then they tell them to do it again every 3 months.
If they took a little extra time, hired a few more people and reinvested in the game rather than worrying about their income schedule this game could be so much more loveable, greater and bigger than it is.
pet peeves not actual issues..... a lack of Emojis in chat.
Piss. Poor. Game. Optimization.
I love this game but, hey, I do have pet peeves (in no particular order)
1: Being left for dead on first hook no mater what I do for the team
2: Arrogant survivors who go down under 30 seconds
3: How buffs and nerfs in this game feel like their chosen ala wheel of fortune
The HUNK skin not having HUNK's voice.
UI is so bad. There is not a aspect of the menu that would not be improved by quality of life changes
The amount of loud noises you have to hear when playing killer, specially during chases. I get really annoyed when I'm trying to track a survivor's movement by sound behind the wall of a loop and suddenly a loud noise makes it impossible for me to hear them for a second or two. It happens when a survivor fails a skillcheck, vaults a window or pallet, drops a pallet, hops into a locker, gets unhooked or unhooks him/herself, completes a generator, cleanses a totem... and recently boons added even MORE loud noises, one for every time a totem is blessed.
And even though it's worse when trying to track by sound, that's not the only thing made worse by loud noises. A high amount of them can make stressful games even worse for me sometimes.
What bothers me is there's no reason to play as a team most of the time. It does guarantee more survival time for everyone if u trade hook states, take hits, and what not. But most people just play for themselves and there's really not a clear punishment for selfishness other than wasting everyone's time by not playing the game with us. Example: Why would I risk going down to save someone from basement when I can finish this gen and escape easily? There's really not a reason outside of the fun risk from doing it and making that small chance of escape. Or, why would I take chase for this guy who's being tunneled when I can just do what I want with the killers attention occupied?
As someone who's really altruistic as survivor, it gets frustrating. There's 3 man SWF's who want you to make an impossible unhook just so their buddy doesn't die and they get to butt dance together. I don't mind dying for someone else, but when you do this kind of stuff I really regret sacrificing myself for you. There's a lot of entitlement, from both sides, I just think it's more apparent with survivors since there's 4 of them. This entitlement ruins game's. Like someone disconnecting or suiciding on hook due to getting downed early.
i really hate spirit's passive phasing.
Not being able to pick up a downed survivor that I downed on gate.
Seeing that as in feature on some other killers really bugs me.
How I seem to get a skill check right as I am letting go of a gen like 90% of the time. I'm seriously cursed.
Especially on last gen consoles
In Canada (with tax, shipping and handling fees, and having to buy PS Plus to play online) the PS5 is around $800 CAD retail
I'm not paying $800 for a gaming console that is soon to be 2 years old, screw that
I get that sitting on gens can be boring. If you want out, don't want to sit on gens, beckon to the killer and have them follow you to a hook, point at the hook, and we'll get you out of the match so you can move on. That's being respectful to the killer's attempt to do something nice for the survivors and show mercy. That is also the killer acknowledging and respecting that gens aren't your thing and you'd rather move on to a hopefully more fun match.