Only 66k Players online.... T_T

According to SteamDB....and the game is currently (as always) in the top percentile on Xbox/PSN metric sites.

RIP game :(

I guess Year 7 is the Death Knell!

Comments

  • People have been saying that for years...

    One specific time doesnt show the full playerbase either.

    Plus I'm not on because I'm bored of nurses every game...

  • @Raccoon said:

    According to SteamDB....and the game is currently (as always) in the top percentile on Xbox/PSN metric sites.

    RIP game :(

    I guess Year 7 is the Death Knell!

    You also have 2 gens of console playing the game as well on x box if you have game pass you can play it there

  • @Raccoon said:

    According to SteamDB....and the game is currently (as always) in the top percentile on Xbox/PSN metric sites.

    RIP game :(

    I guess Year 7 is the Death Knell!

    wait I thought vhs killed the game

  • @Raccoon said:

    According to SteamDB....and the game is currently (as always) in the top percentile on Xbox/PSN metric sites.

    RIP game :(

    I guess Year 7 is the Death Knell!

    Take 66k on Steam alone.

    Then add another 20k from Epic, and maybe another 70k from consoles (likely even more).

    Yeah, game's dying for sure /s.

  • That seems like a pretty good number, considering it's only one of the many platforms that this game is played on...?

  • @Raccoon said:

    According to SteamDB....and the game is currently (as always) in the top percentile on Xbox/PSN metric sites.

    RIP game :(

    I guess Year 7 is the Death Knell!

    People are always saying that but yet, this game survives.

    And the funny point, whenever different multiplayer horror games comes out, people are saying these games are gonna kill DbD. But non of them survived even for a week.

  • @Raccoon said:

    According to SteamDB....and the game is currently (as always) in the top percentile on Xbox/PSN metric sites.

    RIP game :(

    I guess Year 7 is the Death Knell!

    If you can find a match within seconds (as survivor) and a couple of minutes (as killer) does it make it a dead game at all? I don't think so. You probably never played a dead game where you can never find a lobby, where it takes over 15 minutes to get into a match and the game says "you didn't find anyone, do you want to queue again or go back to main menu?"

  • @DredgeyEdgey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/344741/only-66k-players-online-t-t

    You also have 2 gens of console playing the game as well on x box if you have game pass you can play it there

    Also on PSPlus again, I believe.

  • image.png

    yeah, looking at statistics from steamcharts it's not that bad that now we have 66k players

    image.png

    yeah, this game will live a long life

    Edit: https://steamcharts.com/app/381210

  • image.png image.png

    The letters are pretty much the events, free play, etc.

  • In a way, VHS killed itself. They had tremendous hype and a good chance of being successful. But then, when the hype was at its highest, hardly anyone could play the game because beta keys were very limited. Months of silence followed. As a result, the hype died even before the game came out. 

    That's a pity, because competition is always nice to have. Right now BHVR can get away with anything because there are no good alternatives.  

  • People who said they are leaving dbd to play another asymmetrical game (which will kill dbd) - still here.

    People who said they are leaving dbd because of the nft's - most of them, still here.

    People who said they are leaving dbd because their side is weak/dead - still here.


    Dbd is dead.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3168483#Comment_3168483

    People who said they are leaving dbd to play another asymmetrical game (which will kill dbd) - still here.

    People who said they are leaving dbd because of the nft's - most of them, still here.

    People who said they are leaving dbd because their side is weak/dead - still here.

    Dbd is dead.

    My favorite is the “im leaving dbd forever” post and usually the first comment is “see you on monday”😂😂

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/344741/only-66k-players-online-t-t

    People are always saying that but yet, this game survives.

    And the funny point, whenever different multiplayer horror games comes out, people are saying these games are gonna kill DbD. But non of them survived even for a week.

    I would change to Horror society if it would be like DBD, more gore and such The child like ambient destroy the game for me.

  • @OniWantsUrLocation said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3168483#Comment_3168483

    In a way, VHS killed itself. They had tremendous hype and a good chance of being successful. But then, when the hype was at its highest, hardly anyone could play the game because beta keys were very limited. Months of silence followed. As a result, the hype died even before the game came out. 

    That's a pity, because competition is always nice to have. Right now BHVR can get away with anything because there are no good alternatives.  

    They just need to make it more like dbd, gore and such and add ghost killers.

  • @Raccoon said:

    According to SteamDB....and the game is currently (as always) in the top percentile on Xbox/PSN metric sites.

    RIP game :(

    I guess Year 7 is the Death Knell!

    Wow you took the stats of just one of the 20 platforms this game is on.

  • Jokes aside, the steam stats only show peak player count. So the fluctuations are prone to spikes and troughs.

    average player count correlated with time spent online is a better metric of game health than peak.

    So even large swings in either direction say very little about availability of players overall.

    People keep reading way to much into it. Basically long term graph says the game ain’t dying anytime soon by the look of it.

  • No, no, that was Evil Dead the Game.

  • I expected more than nemesis chapter.

    This is kinda disappointing but in my heart, this chapter is still the best yet

  • I know sarcasme is kinda hard to read through text but come on people...

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    I expected more than nemesis chapter.

    This is kinda disappointing but in my heart, this chapter is still the best yet

    I liked the nemesis chapter way more

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    So a few things here, even though the OP is clearly sarcastic.

    No, dbd isn’t dying according to player numbers.

    It’s to be expected that numbers would be up on a holiday weekend in NA coming off the heels of a dlc release with one of the most popular horror franchises ever.

    It does seem like this Resident Evil chapter is noticeably not as popular as the first one, considering it set the all time record for concurrent players at 105k and this one has missed the mark by 30k. There might be long term implications there. Either the dlc just isn’t meeting expectations or dbd is actually running out of new players. Who knows.

    That was a 'lightning in a bottle' moment, as it coincided with the anniversary event. You'll likely never see a spike like that again.

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3168755#Comment_3168755

    My favorite is the “im leaving dbd forever” post and usually the first comment is “see you on monday”😂😂

    I remember one person saying that dbd will die the next day after all the nft stuff happened. They were really convinced in that scenario, telling me I will eat my words.

    You can guess but yeah dbd and that person, they are still around. Not mocking them, just saying what happened.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3168782#Comment_3168782

    I remember one person saying that dbd will die the next day after all the nft stuff happened. They were really convinced in that scenario, telling me I will eat my words.

    You can guess but yeah dbd and that person, they are still around. Not mocking them, just saying what happened.

    I wasnt on the forums when that fiasco happened. But I remember one dbd YouTuber was complaining about sweaty dbd games and said that vhs was gonna kill it. Yeah that aged very well

  • Resident evil fans probably already know how the game plays, so they played nemesis last year, saw that nemesis doesnt feel as a unstoppable force like in the games, left disappointed and never came back, thats my theory

  • @geni said:

    Resident evil fans probably already know how the game plays, so they played nemesis last year, saw that nemesis doesnt feel as a unstoppable force like in the games, left disappointed and never came back, thats my theory

    Eh... I am not sure. For one, Resident Evil 2/3 are small parts of Resident Evil as a whole. Beyond that, I joined for Nemesis and I am still here. I doubt I am alone. Do not get me wrong, I am sure you are partially correct. But that is FAR from the whole picture.

  • I am almost positive I know the answer, but considering all the posts I have seen here lately, I have to ask. This is sarcasm, right?

  • why would the game be dying now? Its in the best state its been in years since 6.1.0. This is also the most hype chapter ever besides maybe Nemesis but that was is close proximity to RE3s release.

  • Thb the main reason I'm not playing currently is because RPD is boosted and I don't want to have to DC every second game because I got the map.

    Plus Wesker is bugged right now, so I'm also waiting for that bugfix before throwing myself into the experience.

  • 66k people online on steam and even this every match is the same terrible experience. DC, dumb teammates and as killer u get sweet and juicy bully SWF's . MMR is the best on this game. I love that. MMR is a terminal cancer of this game, but, BHVR doesnt matter.

  • @Raccoon said:

    According to SteamDB....and the game is currently (as always) in the top percentile on Xbox/PSN metric sites.

    RIP game :(

    I guess Year 7 is the Death Knell!

    Any idea the killer survivor ratio?

  • @itsPina said:

    why would the game be dying now? Its in the best state its been in years since 6.1.0. This is also the most hype chapter ever besides maybe Nemesis but that was is close proximity to RE3s release.

    Are you saying that these official and metric sites showing the game doing stellar in terms of population/popularity should hold more weight than the same few contrarian forum members constantly resorting to histrionics?