Pick up animation time for killer has been increased?
I've read some posts that said that the pick up animation time for killers has been reversed back to the old one. But I haven't read it in the patch notes. Can anyone confirm if this is an intended change?
Personally I don't understand why though. I know flash light saves are hard to pull of, but something that can buy survivors so much time and can be almost critical for the outcome of the match should be hard to pull off in my opinion. And killers can't always avoid flash lights when picking up a survivor.
It's just that killers lose a lot of time when dropping a survivor in most cases, which can be detrimental for them.
Comments
BHVR is known for forgetting important parts in the patch notes if they are nerfs to killer.
Good change, I like it and I'm not the only one who likes it
And inversely, the Survivors don't. As usual, Killers are expected to be MLG pros, but Survivors don't need skill.
Edit: Misread. Delete
As killer u can still press R if u f-ed up and go for the FL guy. One slugged and one getting chased is some good momentum u can use. Also, this FL buff encourage more survivors to play the "hero" if one mate is hurt, so one survivor (or even more) less on gens. That's why I love to 4 man with FL in the lobby, it's like build in ruin, noone does gens lol.
Btw, dont act like timing the FL requires no skill, it's not like everyone can pull it out
It doesn't though. The Killer can't react. It doesn't take skill, you're just exploiting a mandatory animation.
First of all, they didn't increase the time to pickup survivors. People just thought it was increased since Legion's pickup animation is similar to the old one. Second I can pull off a FL save 90% of the time when the opportunity arises. You can learn the timing in a few games. Also the spamming R as killer when picking up a survivor is not intended. I don't think you can get banned for it but if it gets abused it will probably get fixed.
Well I'd hope so. Flash Light saves should require skill, like it is now.
Juggling the obsession will be so much fun now. As if you didn't waste enough time juggling before, now their friend can come back and flashlight to save time.
They slower pickup speeds, nerf noed, nerf bbq, yet decisive ######### strike still ends up untouched.
Have to disagree. Flash Light saves are still possible, you just have to be good at it.
Killers can't always position them so they can't get flash lighted, if they are in the open for example. Survivors can also just hide so the killer has no idea a survivor is there and might blind them. If it's reverted to the old than that would be a shame, since right now it seems fair enough given how much survivors can gain from a flash light save.
The problem isn't that it would lack skill. It's more that the killer has no chance of countering it. If there was one person with a flashlight, even if scared them off and turned your back, the pickup time was still long enough for the survivor to run around you and flashlight you. If a survivor went down in the open then you had no chance but to slug them.
Yeah a bit of a shame. I don't mind the other nerfs, just the nerf to the pick up time. I hope it won't be in the actual patch.
Can you tell me the line? I haven't seen it myself but I could be wrong.
Yeah that's true. Killers need a way to deal with that given how much a flash light save hurts them.
It isn't intended is my point. Also no one is going to pickup the survivor 4 times in a row when they know there is someone with a flashlight just around the corner.
Oh really?
So i don't have to look at Entity Blindness every pick-up! Yay!
There is nothing illogical about it. Why should the survivors skill matter more than the killers? Your argument doesn't take into account that the killer should have a way to counter it. If a survivor dies out in the open you aren't entitled to a flashlight save, only if the killer doesn't check his surroundings.
Also your "drop the slug" isn't a counter. It's not consistent since the survivor essentially needs to miss the save enough for you to get the R input. In most cases where you can drop the survivor in a FL save you can also just look up.
you're acting as if you can't press r during the pickup and avoid the flashlight stun 99% of the time. nice try though
It'd be nice to throw the survivor someday.
not true. vsing a killer who presses r to avoid flashlight saves you need to rely on 2 things to pull off the flashlight save. 1 is you literally have to time the stun during the exact moment the stun window opens, if you don't do that then it's hope to christ your imperfect timed blind registers before the killers r key registers. it's a pretty near guaranteed way to avoid a flashlight save.
doesn't work most of the time.
then your keyboards input delay is insanely high compared to others lol. it works every time i do it.
I got your buckass standard 16bucks keyboard like most gamers. There's no confirmation that this even works in the first place or if it's the survivor basically ######### up the perfect timing.
It still isn't consistent enough to be a counter. There is always a window where you can blind the killer. Even after the killer has looked up there is a chance they will drop the survivor.
Also I'd like to note that I don't use the R exploit since it isn't intended and is a really scummy way to counter a flashlight save.