Do you think something will be nerfed / changed in RE chapter?

I think Wesker might be weaker because of many bugs that made him better than he is designed to be (but also more consistent because his power sometimes didn't worked as well). The hitbox will be probably less generous and speed dash won't give you huge boost on 2nd dash probably.

I think perks will probably remain the same, maybe Hyperfocus and Ressurance might get nerfed.

Comments

  • Every survivor perk will be nerfed

  • Hopefully they will not nerf wesker.

    Don't to make him even weaker.

    Just give movement speed like this and he will fine.

    We need killer 4.8 m/s.

    20220814-154542.gif


  • I hope they fix weskers janky collision and speed up his vault just a tad so its actually useful.

    Other than that im fine with all perks.

    My only issue with hyperfocus is that its extremely easy to subtle cheat with.

    I dont know anything about coding but even i can use older scripts i used from older games to frankenstein a script that looks at your screen and hits space to get great skill checks. And i really really doubt they can detect that kind of cheating.

  • @Rudjohns said:

    Every survivor perk will be nerfed

    Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking when they made low profile. It can't make it to live servers in its current state. Way too op.

  • If Wesker was made any weaker he'd be useless.

    Also I'm really really REALLY hoping that the blast mine/repressed alliance/Wiretap interaction really is a bug and not an intended design choice.

  • Wesker will be fixed and buffed. His power was clunky and bad to use. So my guess they will make him feel better to play. Some QoL changes.


    Ressurance will be nerfed to ground 100%, so nobody will use this perk. It will die before live servers. Other survivors perks are pretty meh, so i doubt they will touch them.

  • Reassurence will be nerfed. Probably Hyperfocus too, dunno about killer. They will fix some bugs on him and hopefully nerf that hindered penalty for infection, 8% sounds pretty crazy

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    Reassurence will be nerfed. Probably Hyperfocus too, dunno about killer. They will fix some bugs on him and hopefully nerf that hindered penalty for infection, 8% sounds pretty crazy

    I mean there are 6 sprays with 2x charges each so total of 12 sprays (3 per player on a avarage). I don't think it needs nerfs. You will only get value out of it if you ignore the infection or you have long game and Its end game.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3141092#Comment_3141092

    I mean there are 6 sprays with 2x charges each so total of 12 sprays (3 per player on a avarage). I don't think it needs nerfs. You will only get value out of it if you ignore the infection or you have long game and Its end game.

    Yea but I am not on PC so I cant play PTB. I need some time to play it out once its live myself. Im just saying it looks too strong of a part of full infection on the paper at least

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    I can't see hyper focus or reassurance making it to live untouched

    If they nerf these perks I will lost my hope on Behaviour wanting to change the meta

  • @Cameragosha said:

    Hopefully they will not nerf wesker.

    Don't to make him even weaker.

    Just give movement speed like this and he will fine.

    We need killer 4.8 m/s.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/WR8TFUBECYHV/20220814-154542.gif

    This is the REAL WESKER. In RE5, he didn't use oroboros until the end. This version isn't at that point.

  • Reassurance will be nerfed, 100%, if they don't put a limit of some sort, this perk is gonna be a bully perk.

    Hyperfocus could be nerfed, this seems a way too strong.

    Prove thyself will be nerfed, overtaken and way too high numbers.

    Thanato will get repaired to be viable again, because 22%=>8%"bonus if all 4 survs injured LOL" is a joke, could be a 14-16% middle ground.

    Circle of Healing could be nerfed, less speed bonus, it need it anyway.

    This is my bait as the actual state of the game.

  • @Kolitra said:

    Reassurance will be nerfed, 100%, if they don't put a limit of some sort, this perk is gonna be a bully perk.

    Hyperfocus could be nerfed, this seems a way too strong.

    Prove thyself will be nerfed, overtaken and way too high numbers.

    Thanato will get repaired to be viable again, because 22%=>8%"bonus if all 4 survs injured LOL" is a joke, could be a 14-16% middle ground.

    Circle of Healing could be nerfed, less speed bonus, it need it anyway.

    This is my bait as the actual state of the game.

    How about we start trials all survivors on hook? So my killer fellows will no longer lose games. I will take it. Please BHVR. Do it. Save the game.

  • I think reassurance will be nerfed.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3141139#Comment_3141139

    How about we start trials all survivors on hook? So my killer fellows will no longer lose games. I will take it. Please BHVR. Do it. Save the game.

    You are getting ridiculous here.

  • Superior Anatomy seems like it will be crazy stacked with other vaulting perks, or even by itself at certain vaults (especially window drops when the survivor doesn’t have Balanced Landing). Not sure how long it will make it without a change.

  • My guesses for possible tweaks are

    • Remove one of the two god pallets in the main room in RPD
    • Adjust Wesker’s collision box so he can slide past objects a little more easily
    • Maybe tweak his interaction when he Bounds at a survivor in a window so he does an attack instead of just stopping dead in his tracks.
    • Maybe adjust the action priorities of Bound and Desperate Measures so if a survivor is lifting a pallet with Desperate Measures Wesker vaulting over it cancels the Desperate Measures and not the other way around.
    • Possibly tweak Reassurance to mitigate the potential for malicious swf survivors to intentionally keep a solo survivor on a hook indefinitely without rescuing them. (Changing it to be an opt-in or opt-out effect on the part of the Hooked survivor would do the trick.)
  • @GoshJosh said:

    Superior Anatomy seems like it will be crazy stacked with other vaulting perks, or even by itself at certain vaults (especially window drops when the survivor doesn’t have Balanced Landing). Not sure how long it will make it without a change.

    Well, it will be 3 differents perks who affect vaulting for killers, but anyway, if you take the three, you will have to sacrifice anothers good perks so it will not be this much powerfull, this knowing the wesker one got a big cooldown.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3141117#Comment_3141117

    You can feel that way if you want. But I don't think it's hard to admit the perks need changed and need limitations.

    Hyper focus has the ability to help you complete a gen SOLO in 47 seconds. I'm no genius. But kill rates were low. So they upped gen speeds and made changes for chase time. I don't think they want people soloing gens in 47 seconds.

    I understand peoples excitement for reassurance. But it needs limitations. It needs to work on one floor(doubtful they'll do that) It needs to work maybe once per hook state. It works from multiple floors. Making it safe to use. When it's supposed to be dangerous(see 6m) I'll spare the discussion on having a perk that basically eliminates hook timers and it's impact on balance. But it's a perk that can be used to bully both survivor and killer. Survivors can keep you in game against your will as survivor. As killer there are many bully/greifing situations that arise. Including but not limited to it shouldn't work in end game. As you can literally do something like stay atop shack and greif the killer(and survivor) To the point it's either "give us our team mate. Or else we're staying here"

    i really hope the devs are smart enough not to listen to what perks people like you want nerfed.

  • @Kolitra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3141272#Comment_3141272

    Well, it will be 3 differents perks who affect vaulting for killers, but anyway, if you take the three, you will have to sacrifice anothers good perks so it will not be this much powerfull, this knowing the wesker one got a big cooldown.

    Doesn’t really matter if it ends the chase a lot sooner. Vaults are a permanent map resource for survivors as pallets dwindle. If you can remove those from the equation too, you’re really putting them in a bind.

  • I think reassurance just needs a slightly longer cooldown(and be a general perk) other then that I think it's a solid perk.

    I don't think it will be as much of a trolling tool as survivors think because you have to keep one survivor close to the hook at all time and you have one on the hook meaning the efficiency is cut in half plus the killer will eventually snowball and start hooking other survivors.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3141361#Comment_3141361

    Doesn’t really matter if it ends the chase a lot sooner. Vaults are a permanent map resource for survivors as pallets dwindle. If you can remove those from the equation too, you’re really putting them in a bind.

    If they got so little available pallets(and no gold assured one because RNG system), i will eventualy agree, but they got a lot+golden ones so i can't agree.

  • I don't think there will be any significant changes to perks when the chapter is released. I think they'll hold off on any nerfs until the first mid-chapter after the DLC is released. They'll leave things as is to sell the DLC and then nerf at mid-chapter.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3141363#Comment_3141363

    People like me....? My guy. I'm a constant preaching balance and give and take on BOTH sides.

    I can't help you. If you can't see how a perk is/can be broken and used for greifing on top of it.

    But if you want to go with "people like you !!!!" Hopefully they're smart enough to not listen to people like you who suggest "tHe PeRk Is PeRfEcT"

    i've mentioned in other threads that reassurance should be a opt in option for the hooked survivor and it shouldn't be usable during egc but sure just lump me up with the DoNt ToUcH ReAsSuRaNcE ItS PeRfEcT!

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3141101#Comment_3141101

    Yea but I am not on PC so I cant play PTB. I need some time to play it out once its live myself. Im just saying it looks too strong of a part of full infection on the paper at least

    Its no worse than a pig trap, the idea is your suppose to take the time to get rid of it as apart of killer inbuilt game delay. If you let it get to that point you left it too long.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3141117#Comment_3141117

    You can feel that way if you want. But I don't think it's hard to admit the perks need changed and need limitations.

    Hyper focus has the ability to help you complete a gen SOLO in 47 seconds. I'm no genius. But kill rates were low. So they upped gen speeds and made changes for chase time. I don't think they want people soloing gens in 47 seconds.

    I understand peoples excitement for reassurance. But it needs limitations. It needs to work on one floor(doubtful they'll do that) It needs to work maybe once per hook state. It works from multiple floors. Making it safe to use. When it's supposed to be dangerous(see 6m) I'll spare the discussion on having a perk that basically eliminates hook timers and it's impact on balance. But it's a perk that can be used to bully both survivor and killer. Survivors can keep you in game against your will as survivor. As killer there are many bully/greifing situations that arise. Including but not limited to it shouldn't work in end game. As you can literally do something like stay atop shack and greif the killer(and survivor) To the point it's either "give us our team mate. Or else we're staying here"

    Again, how are you able to grief the killer? For Reassurance to make an impact, the killer must be camping, simple as that. If not, he will progress the game by going for another survivor, and downing them.

    There is just no way you can grief a killer with this perk. It's effective if the killer stays near the hook, so he can't just wait until the survivor gets to the second stage. Going for other survivors is the solution in that case. the only exception I could see is end game. But not even sure on that, since survivors already have a fairly low chance of getting all 4 out. Killers have it very easy at the moment to secure at least one kill.

    Reassurance is one of the healthiest perks BHVR has ever created, even though it's not good that it's just a bandaid fix. Killer queue times are already noticeably longer than survivor queue times, on average. You know how stupid it would be to nerf Reassurance in any significant way? I can't see that going well for BHVR.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3141117#Comment_3141117

    You can feel that way if you want. But I don't think it's hard to admit the perks need changed and need limitations.

    Hyper focus has the ability to help you complete a gen SOLO in 47 seconds. I'm no genius. But kill rates were low. So they upped gen speeds and made changes for chase time. I don't think they want people soloing gens in 47 seconds.

    I understand peoples excitement for reassurance. But it needs limitations. It needs to work on one floor(doubtful they'll do that) It needs to work maybe once per hook state. It works from multiple floors. Making it safe to use. When it's supposed to be dangerous(see 6m) I'll spare the discussion on having a perk that basically eliminates hook timers and it's impact on balance. But it's a perk that can be used to bully both survivor and killer. Survivors can keep you in game against your will as survivor. As killer there are many bully/greifing situations that arise. Including but not limited to it shouldn't work in end game. As you can literally do something like stay atop shack and greif the killer(and survivor) To the point it's either "give us our team mate. Or else we're staying here"

    You are wrong.

    I want to watch you complete every great skill checks with Hyperfocus on the same generator without any fail. I wait.

    Hyperfocus is balanced because it needs skill to be rewarded.

    Reassurance is fine as it is. I dont see the problem. You can have an infinite hook ? Is it a problem for you because you cant camp anymore ?

    These are good perks, not OP, very balanced. And needed to improve the game.

  • @Hex_Ignored said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3141016#Comment_3141016

    Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking when they made low profile. It can't make it to live servers in its current state. Way too op.

    Reactive Healing literally broken. How can killers do pressure now?

  • I hope they dont touch Reassurance and Hyperfocus. then again bhvr does not like to give anybody even decent perks. and then they nerf bad perks lol

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3141444#Comment_3141444

    Same way you seem to be lumping me in with a wanting the perk gutted crowd.

    Nothing I suggested is unreasonable. You shouldn't be able to do a gen on your own in 47 seconds

    Reassurance shouldn't be a multi floor perk. Nor should it give basically infinite hook time(for greifing purposes)

    i didn't mention hyperfocus because that i can see getting nerfed but again you just assume i want it to be untouched. the only thing i don't agree with you on is the 1 time per hook stage on reassurance. this perk is supposed to punish camping and thats what it does but if you make it once per hook stage every camper will see it pop and just shrug there shoulders and wait it out. theres been people on the forums who say they will wait it out as the perk is which is just petty and shows how bad camping is being used as easy kills.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3141550#Comment_3141550

    My take of once per hook stage is for both balancing and griefing purposes. The hook has a timer for pressure and balancing purposes of making them get off a gen.

    There's a difference between punishing camping, and making it obsolete with no changes in game to match it. It was already being abused on the ptb. So I can only imagine if it comes to live servers.

    we will just have to agree to disagree then. killers have been able to camp with no repercussion to insure 1 survivor is killed even when 5 gens are still up for 6 years. they wouldn't have even made this perk if they didn't think camping has become too strong with the right builds and plenty of people have shown how much camping rewards the killer for minimal effort.

  • Wesker will be the same but hopefully less buggy. Devs today are less likely to make changes to new killers until the next mid or full chapter.

  • Hyperfocus probably reduced percentages

    Reassurance will probably have its cooldown increased

    Better Than New will probably have a percentage increase

    Wiretap is fine

    Low Profile should be increased to 2 minutes and activates when youre further than 12 or 16m away from another Survivor instead of being the last Survivor

    Reactive Healing is fine, but it might get a percentage increase

    Wesker and his perks will most likely remain untouched (except for bug fixes)

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3141599#Comment_3141599

    Guess we will. I'm not against getting rid of camping eventually. But there is a LOT of map designs that need to be changed. It's not hard to recognize that a lot of maps are way to safe. The whole reason it's popular to camp atm. Is because it gets people out of position. Instead of attempting to run groaning main building. Instead of attempting to run crotus main building. Instead of attempting to run long wall in to shack. Instead of attempting to eat 30 pallets on the game. Instead of..Well you get the point

    i do agree with the map situation a lot of them suck and when i saw the new RCPD i honestly couldn't believe those main lobby stair pallets.

  • But i want my easy wins, you want it too. Don't you?

  • It's not fun if too easy you know ?

    Honestly, i mind mostly about two things;

    • survs who make you run a lot
    • Gens done too fast.

    If a game is not in these two parameters, even if 2-3 flee, i don't really care, if i got at least like, 6 hooks done, i'm okay.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3141516#Comment_3141516

    Like it or not. Hooks are a part of the game. The timer is there to create a sense of urgency and pressure. Infinite hook timers are an issue. But more of an issue is the fact that it can be used on multi floor maps. You want to talk about hyper focused taking "skill" because you have to hit skikk checks. Yet there is nothing balanced about sending yourself to something like the game, and getting to use reassurance safely and for free from the other level. There's no skill in that as a survivor. If you tell me that they make it same floor activation. If you tell me that you have to get close enough to the killer to activate it and get away. Then that's fair enough. Much like it's an issue in end game if the killer is trying to make at least a basement play. The options are to wait forever because they're greifing until you give the survivor back. Or give them the survivor back

    Try to take off those survivor rose tinted glasses though. Think from a balance standpoint.

    I play both sides.

    And sorry I cant stand camping. Its boring for both sides. And I want reassurance to become meta so killers will stop camping.

    Tunneling, Slugging and Camping are valid but boring play style and survivors needs perks to prevent them.

    We have so much perks to anti tunnel or anti slug. We need more for anti camp and Reassurance is welcome.

    When the tunnel, slug and camping problem will be solve, the game will be more about chases and protecting generators and will be more fun for everyone.

  • Probably. Yoichi's perks were meh, but the devs still nerfed one for no reason. So it wouldn't surprise me to see hyperfocus nerfed, because Zubat managed to finish one gen by himself with it in like 40 seconds. Reassurance I feel really doesn't need a nerf and most streamers didn't even complain it really but it'll probably get nerfed anyway.

  • @Kolitra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3141891#Comment_3141891

    It's not fun if too easy you know ?

    Honestly, i mind mostly about two things;

    • survs who make you run a lot
    • Gens done too fast.

    If a game is not in these two parameters, even if 2-3 flee, i don't really care, if i got at least like, 6 hooks done, i'm okay.

    But i can hit them on hook tho? It will be fun, i am sure.

    Survivors does not deserve any win.

  • @Anara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3141173#Comment_3141173

    You are wrong.

    I want to watch you complete every great skill checks with Hyperfocus on the same generator without any fail. I wait.

    Hyperfocus is balanced because it needs skill to be rewarded.

    Reassurance is fine as it is. I dont see the problem. You can have an infinite hook ? Is it a problem for you because you cant camp anymore ?

    These are good perks, not OP, very balanced. And needed to improve the game.

    I agree, particularly regarding Hyperfocus. I don't have a horse in this race as I won't be buying this chapter, but Hyperfocus would be useless in my hands. I'm terrible at hitting great skill checks, which could be due to the fact that I mostly play on Switch, but I digress - I think it's fine to have valuable perks that reward you based on skill. It's not a passive benefit, you need to earn it.

  • @Cameragosha said:

    Hopefully they will not nerf wesker.

    Don't to make him even weaker.

    Just give movement speed like this and he will fine.

    We need killer 4.8 m/s.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/WR8TFUBECYHV/20220814-154542.gif

    If a killer was that fast they'd be the second best killer under Nurse.

  • Reassurance nerfed to the ground and the new killer slightly buffed. Same as usual. Solo survs should abandon this game

  • Just make reassurance desactivate when door are alimented and put a cooldown on the surv who got reassured, end of story.

    So, no griefing problem.

    Survivors don't have the right to hold the game, this is not their purpose, they can't be more powered than the killer, this is a nonsense when they are.