I have a question

If I’m playing against Myers who is trying to get that mori achievement, I end up being the last survivor but I’m jumping into lockers to avoid getting moried. Who is holding the game hostage me or the killer???

Comments

  • Techincally the killer doesn't have to mori you, they can grab you and hook you

    So you're not holding the game hostage because the game can end, Mandy also said today that jumping in a locker vs tombstone is not an exploit

  • Killer in this situation, they are the only one who can end the game in this situation and they still have an option to end the game, they just wanna kill you via tombstone, so if he is holding you in a locker indefinitely and refusing the take you out its on him

  • @Hoodied said:

    Killer in this situation, they are the only one who can end the game in this situation and they still have an option to end the game, they just wanna kill you via tombstone, so if he is holding you in a locker indefinitely and refusing the take you out its on him

    I figured it would be the killer.

  • I mean, technically it's the killer who refuses to progress the game. But at some point I have to wonder why you're even denying him the achievement. That thing is notorious for being one of the hardest achievements in the entire game.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    I mean, technically it's the killer who refuses to progress the game. But at some point I have to wonder why you're even denying him the achievement. That thing is notorious for being one of the hardest achievements in the entire game.

    Gotta make them work for it.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3135463#Comment_3135463

    Meh. Especially if you're the last one alive, AND they have you pinned down. You're dead anyways. I don't see the point in denying it. It's up there with some of the most obnoxious things to do in DBD for challenges. Including the plague vial purge/downing 2 people at once(or is it hitting them ?) TWICE in a match.

    Agreed. Every time I’ve gotten down to one person while chasing the achievement, it’s always the last person just jumping in a locker. Like what’s the point? It’s just toxic.

  • Oh yeah, because it took you so much effort to jump in that locker, right?

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3135463#Comment_3135463

    Oh yeah, because it took you so much effort to jump in that locker, right?

    I’m not gonna just let the killer kill me lol.

  • Actually, you are.

    Jumping in a locker in front of the killer is quite literally letting him kill you.

    You've just stubbornly decided to choose how you are going to die.


    If you actually wanted to make the killer "work for it," you'd loop him until you've exhausted every resource on the map and he catches you with Bloodlust T3.

  • Its 50/50 your both holding hostage technically because neither of you is progressing the game, the killer could theoretically grab you out of the locker and let you wiggle out to keep trying to get the achievement and you can just keep jumping in lockers after wiggle out, so really its a battle of wills.

  • I think it's on both of you.

    You can force a grab but that achievement is notoriously difficult to get.

    Back in the day when I got it, I stayed in a match for a couple of hours because someone wouldn't get out of the locker and I was fed up with 3 Tombstone'd Survivors.

  • @kingcarl2012 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3135501#Comment_3135501

    Its 50/50 your both holding hostage technically because neither of you is progressing the game, the killer could theoretically grab you out of the locker and let you wiggle out to keep trying to get the achievement and you can just keep jumping in lockers after wiggle out, so really its a battle of wills.

    But i’m not holding the game hostage when the killer can literally just hook me and end it.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I think it's on both of you.

    You can force a grab but that achievement is notoriously difficult to get.

    Back in the day when I got it, I stayed in a match for a couple of hours because someone wouldn't get out of the locker and I was fed up with 3 Tombstone'd Survivors.

    Good for you but I will never let anyone get the achievement, I got all day and night.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3135546#Comment_3135546

    Good for you but I will never let anyone get the achievement, I got all day and night.

    Then I suppose it's a good thing I got it well over 3 years ago.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3135528#Comment_3135528

    But i’m not holding the game hostage when the killer can literally just hook me and end it.

    Or you wiggle out and escape, like i said neither of you are progressing the game your both at fault. Its a question of who breaks first, and if i didnt already have that achievement with how much of pain it is id keep you in that locker until you DC.

  • @kingcarl2012 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3135555#Comment_3135555

    Or you wiggle out and escape, like i said neither of you are progressing the game your both at fault. Its a question of who breaks first, and if i didnt already have that achievement with how much of pain it is id keep you in that locker until you DC.

    Like I mentioned earlier I got all day and night I will be in that match until you hook or get lucky and mori me.

  • No one is holding the game hostage in this scenario.

    You are holding yourself and their achievement hostage, that's all.

    Just get out of the locker let him tombstone you and move on to the next round. What satisfaction do you get from denying their achievement aside from wasting both your time and their time?

    It's just such an immature response, but play the game however you want.

  • If he's already cornered you to the point where you're forced to jump into a locker with no other resources to put distance between him and you, then he has already earned it. You're just being stubborn and petty.

    You're allowed to be stubborn and petty, but at least acknowledge that's what you are.

  • Why not get Mori'd though? Quick and much more entertaining.

  • @TarunCosmo said:

    Why not get Mori'd though? Quick and much more entertaining.

    Cause I don’t wanna get mori’d.

  • Jumping in a locker when you clearly lost is a final "frig you" to the killer, which you have every right to Express.

    You might be a jerk, but you have that right to deny that person happiness. At that point the Myers should just hookyou.y

  • @Nathan13 said:

    If I’m playing against Myers who is trying to get that mori achievement, I end up being the last survivor but I’m jumping into lockers to avoid getting moried. Who is holding the game hostage me or the killer???

    I mean, you're being a jerk about not letting Myers get this achievement, but TECHNICALLY I guess Myers is holding the game because as someone said up above he doesn't have to mori you, just grab you and put you on hook

  • @Seraphor said:

    If he's already cornered you to the point where you're forced to jump into a locker with no other resources to put distance between him and you, then he has already earned it. You're just being stubborn and petty.

    You're allowed to be stubborn and petty, but at least acknowledge that's what you are.

    Oh I fully acknowledge it is petty of me not to give him a mori, but killers shouldn’t feel entitled to it. There’s a reason why lockers are counters to the mori.

  • How did it go in the end ? Who broke first ?

  • @HugTheHag said:

    How did it go in the end ? Who broke first ?

    I wasn’t actually in a match but I was watching someone stream against Myers on RPD. She was last survivor alive, Myers kept taking her up to the library but she was able to reach a locker before he could mori her. He kept trying to carry her to other locations to see if it would work but after 20 minutes he eventually gave up and hooked her.


    I made this thread cause I was wondering if I was the survivor would I be holding the game hostage or the killer?? I’ve gotten mixed answers as you know of course.

    Oh and BTW the killer brought RPD.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3135463#Comment_3135463

    Meh. Especially if you're the last one alive, AND they have you pinned down. You're dead anyways. I don't see the point in denying it. It's up there with some of the most obnoxious things to do in DBD for challenges. Including the plague vial purge/downing 2 people at once(or is it hitting them ?) TWICE in a match.

    Funny thing is I got that Plague Achievement the first time I played her...I didn't realize it was that hard until I read forum posts about it lmao

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3135651#Comment_3135651

    Oh I fully acknowledge it is petty of me not to give him a mori, but killers shouldn’t feel entitled to it. There’s a reason why lockers are counters to the mori.

    Question, do you have no problem with a killer tunneling, camping or slugging you until you bleed out?

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3136007#Comment_3136007

    Question, do you have no problem with a killer tunneling, camping or slugging you until you bleed out?

    Nope, I do it lol

  • @Hoodied said:

    Killer in this situation, they are the only one who can end the game in this situation and they still have an option to end the game, they just wanna kill you via tombstone, so if he is holding you in a locker indefinitely and refusing the take you out its on him

    Actually the survivor can hypothetically end the game by getting out the hatch, but realistically the killer can obviously end it a lot more quickly than that if the survivor is just hiding in a locker in front of them.

  • Idk what that even had anything to do with this thread.

  • In this situation, you are both being too stubborn to end it. You KNOW he wants the achievement and went out of your way to deny it when you have already lost the game. He refuses to just hook you cause he (most likely) wants to be done with the achievement and finally go back to playing normally. Neither of you wants to back down and give the other the satisfaction of the end they want. The game, in this situation, is not being held hostage. You are both now in a self made stalemate that you have BOTH created. In order for the game to be held hostage, one side must be prevented from being able to make progress or ending the game. Progress is no longer possible as you have essentially been caught and the game is now over. However, you both have a way of ending it and are both refusing to do so while trying to get a specific ending that other doesn't want. You can end it by just getting out of the locker and accept the mori or try and avoid it....and Myers can end it by just hooking you or try and carry you far away from any locker and pray he can catch you quickly. The situation is a stalemate, it is not being held hostage. In order to be held hostage, the killer would have to do something like trap you in a corner and never let you out. You aren't being held in the locker, you are there of your own volition and can leave at any point. The game has now changed to which of you will stop being petty and break first. All in all, you are both being jerkish and recreated the old Hatch standoff that you both could put an end to at any point. (Thankfully that is long gone.)

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3136059#Comment_3136059

    I wasn’t actually in a match but I was watching someone stream against Myers on RPD. She was last survivor alive, Myers kept taking her up to the library but she was able to reach a locker before he could mori her. He kept trying to carry her to other locations to see if it would work but after 20 minutes he eventually gave up and hooked her.

    I made this thread cause I was wondering if I was the survivor would I be holding the game hostage or the killer?? I’ve gotten mixed answers as you know of course.

    Oh and BTW the killer brought RPD.

    In this situation I honestly think it's on the killer. He takes her out the locker, and then keeps bringing her to various isolated places on the map and letting her go. He is keeping the game going. I get his goal is the achievement, and I appreciate the difficulty of that achievement (I personally offer myself up to be Tombstone'd once i've done enough in the game) but I don't see achievements listed in the rules as an exception to refusing to just end the game. Take the achievement out of the equation and the situation is alot more clear.