what realm should get a new map??
I'm all in for new realms and all that but when new realms only get 1 map it's kinda sad
/
I am really hoping for a new leryes with 50# inside and 50% outside
what realm needs a new map ?
I'm all in for new realms and all that but when new realms only get 1 map it's kinda sad
/
I am really hoping for a new leryes with 50# inside and 50% outside
what realm needs a new map ?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Haddonfield is overdue. Next would be Léry's Memorial Institute, then Red Forest.
Clown needs his own realm.
It would be cool to see a Lery's basement-esque map with a morgue etc.
Lerys outdoor.
Well it is not swamp we all know that.
I would love to see a new Asylum map. I just love the setting. It has 2 maps already so it doesn't count I guess.
Then my vote would be for preschool. I love that map's setting too.
All realms with only 1 map.
For the love of god please not Lery's or Yamoaka.
Springwood would be nice too I guess.
Since they're drawing from the new NoE, there's not much to draw from in terms of mapping. I mean most of it was in their houses, at school(a high school not the school in game which is where they were molested as kids), and a library I think in one scene which would be the most plausible. I wouldn't mind a library map.
Haddonfield I think you can at least have some sort of Main street type thing with the cemetary possibly, but most other locations would be too similar. Maybe include a semi indoors part with the police station since there really is no police station style map yet.
Crotus Penn really doesn't have much else to draw from at the moment. Honestly the Clown could add a more carnival style map rather than just the encampment.
Since the Game implies anything Jigsaw did not a specific location as the meat packing plant was really just its own thing that was contained, you could make more maps from the Saw movies.
We can have the mansion from saw, where the needle pool exists!
Gideon meat plant. They could make a map with Jigsaw's hideout/workshop,rooms where trials took place, room where Amenda and Cramer died
I guess every type of realm should first get up to 3-5 maps to match the Estate , Farm and Wreckers realms
-Crotus could use some Graveyards or other abandoned creepy locations.
-There could be a generalised"Suburban" realm that has town/village-like locations added, similiar to Haddonfield and Bedlam.
-I'm not sure about japanese inspired stuff.
-Lery's either could start a new hospital realm thats outdoor and indoor maps or focus on JUST INDOOR MAPS.
-Warehouse realm, with generalised double floor fun for survivors.
-The Game, Haddonfield and Bedlam will probably need to stay their own realms because of license.
Idk about the rest of the map, but it would be cool to have a small section be a mirror maze.
Haddonfield
Lery's
Red Forest
Springwood
Meat Plant
Yamaoka Estate
6 realms with only 1 map. 3 are licenced and unlikely to happen soon. And LERYS is the oldest.
So pretty easy answer: Lerys!
Beside, Clown needs a map of his own.
Yeah Lery's 1st, Red Forest, Clown Map a Circus most definitely and Yamoka needs something.
I wish Bubba could get his own map. Maybe with BBQ event hooks too.
BubbaDeservesMap
He has one it's called Thompson House
But I want an originial one, real one. That one is hillbilies rip off from times when devs couldn't even imagine they would get Leatherface license. It could come bundeled with rework for Leatherface to make his image in this game more then Hillbillies reskin.
And that way we get another cornmap just for LF? Great idea. :sarcastic:
The problem with getting a leatherface map is that the devs didnt buy any rights to any of the movies' locations, meaning that they couldn't make it a TCM map even if they wanted to. They could only make it a "generic new coldwind farm map"
We already have 5 coldwind farm maps. I think its time to fill the other realms up first.
I was thinking the same thing when I responded and as @Raptorrotas pointed out the licensing isn't worth it.
Denied - Clown's travelling circus needs to visit other realms. A new Red Forest map with the circus tents would be a good start.
We still haven't received a TRUE carnival map so I don't care what realm it is just please consider revisiting the idea.
Wait.
He shares The Nurse's Realm then
what does that mean
Haddonfield. There's a plethora of Halloween movies for them to base a new one off.
I would love another Red Forest map, maybe it's around a sawmill? Another map of this new place we got would be great as well. I love scenic maps and I would like to see other maps that the Clown visited, maybe he visited the Macmillan Estate once and we could have a traveling carnival over there?
I don't really care what realm actually gets maps but they need to release more maps regularly. The original three are stocked full of iterations. Since so many of the textures are universal in different realm iterations, I don't think it would be an impossibility but they release new maps so rarely. It would peak my interest in the game much more over a more prolonged period of time. Right now, besides cosmetic releases being much more common, it can be a bit boring.
Suburbs Realm: Springwood, Haddonfield
This would open up the possibility of more suburban-style maps, since both of the current suburban Realms are licensed.
Abandoned Buildings Realm: Lery's, Gideon, a funhouse-type map for the clown
Wilderness Realm: Red Forest, Legion's map
As for the Clown, I think each outdoor Realm should have one map with the traveling carnival.
Yamaoka is the only map where this approach falls apart. I would like to see more Eastern-themed maps anyway, so maybe it could be in it's own realm for now.
Some of these might not work. It depends on whether map assets are tied to Realms. Since the current multi-map Realms have assets that are only used on one of the maps (the main buildings), it should be possible. It seems like the lighting is Realm-specific, so that might need more thought.
The other thing to consider are the map offerings. I think the current offerings specific to map that would become sub-realms should be changed to reflect the new overall Realm, but have a secondary effect that increases the chance of the killer's personal map. For example, both the Jigsaw Piece and the Shattered Glasses would increase the chance of getting an "Abandoned Building" map, but they would give a higher priority among those maps to either The Game or Lery's.