Why kill rates are so high

Lately I've felt my kill rates have been very high, so I sought to find out why. I tracked 4 different sessions on the last patch (6.1.1), each spanning 5 games. I played Blight every game, no add-ons or offerings. My build was Shadowborn/Agitation/Pain Res/Tinkerer, and I did not camp or tunnel.

Combined results below:

-Average 8.9 downs per game

-Average of 4.1 times per game that a pre-patch Dead Hard would have gotten someone to an additional pallet or window

-Average 3.1 gens completed before first kill

-Average 3.1 kills per game (77.5%)

-Average of 1 forfeit (DC or suicide) every 3 games

-Average match length of 11 minutes (all values rounded to nearest minute)

These kill rates seem pretty high, but when put into context they're not as bad. I'll go into that more below:

-In the majority of my 4ks I noted exceptionally poor teamwork at points, like leaving someone to stage 2 or death, or not working on gens for extended periods.

-Dead Hard's nerf is likely a small factor in increased kill rates. I noted many instances in which I got downs off of mindgames that possibly could have been negated by DH pre-patch.

-The biggest factor in kill rate was match forfeits. When discounting all games in which someone forfeited, my kill rate was 61.7% across 15 games.

-When survivors work as a team and play efficiently, my games are still very competitive. I had a lot of really good players giving me a hard time, often with some really surprising builds.

61.7% isn't the huge jump everyone was expecting. In fact, it's fairly on-par with what you could expect from a Blight pre-patch. To be fair, I used no add-ons. That said, 61.7% isn't a big difference from what I at least felt like I was getting before, and I rarely ever used add-ons on Blight even before 6.1.0.

All-in-all, I believe the main factor in why survivors are doing so poorly right now are forfeits. When you have a nearly 16% difference in kill rate between when a survivor isn't throwing the match and when one is, that's probably the issue. If you have forfeits an average of every third game, of course kill rates are skyrocketing. So to the ragequitters out there, if you think a match is hopeless, it probably isn't. Don't DC every time you're losing, because if you do then you're the reason every match is hopeless.

Comments

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3117957#Comment_3117957

    And got nothing to replace it with.

    Killers on the other hand received a royal feast. Massively buffed all across the board, camping was buffed, longer gens, buffed gen regression, buffed aura perks.......

    Killers literally win on auto pilot now.

    And? Killers had numerous meta nerfs over the years with nothing to make up for it.

    Killer is still the hardest role to play, like it has been for 6 years.

  • @Oscarnator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3112267#Comment_3112267

    So you have to run a specific build and waste 3 perks slots to fix a core gameplay mechanic? Alright it could work doesn’t seem like much fun but sure?

    Doesn't change the fact any mobility or ranged killer is downing you almost instantly even with OTR unless you have amazing loops near you. If they’re playing a normal killer than yea, better then DS but considering half the killer roster is anti loop good luck. Only really works against M1 killers.

    Even if you got downed instantly DS forced them to either wait a minute before tunneling or 5 second stun which could more often than not get you to a loop. You couldn’t really counter it if you were hard tunneling. Now with its 3 second pillow slap to the killers face you might as well put yourself back on hook. Theoretically OTR is better but in practice it has too many counters. You can still make more plays technically with OTR but if they bring 5 second DS back I can almost guarantee less or more killer will be punished for tunneling.

    Why is it a problem for Survivors to run three perks to counter one game mechanic, but not for Killers to make full builds to MAYBE mitigate one possible problem, while still being unable to stop several others?

  • @cluxdx said:

    Lately I've felt my kill rates have been very high, so I sought to find out why. I tracked 4 different sessions on the last patch (6.1.1), each spanning 5 games. I played Blight every game, no add-ons or offerings. My build was Shadowborn/Agitation/Pain Res/Tinkerer, and I did not camp or tunnel.

    Combined results below:

    -Average 8.9 downs per game

    -Average of 4.1 times per game that a pre-patch Dead Hard would have gotten someone to an additional pallet or window

    -Average 3.1 gens completed before first kill

    -Average 3.1 kills per game (77.5%)

    -Average of 1 forfeit (DC or suicide) every 3 games

    -Average match length of 11 minutes (all values rounded to nearest minute)

    These kill rates seem pretty high, but when put into context they're not as bad. I'll go into that more below:

    -In the majority of my 4ks I noted exceptionally poor teamwork at points, like leaving someone to stage 2 or death, or not working on gens for extended periods.

    -Dead Hard's nerf is likely a small factor in increased kill rates. I noted many instances in which I got downs off of mindgames that possibly could have been negated by DH pre-patch.

    -The biggest factor in kill rate was match forfeits. When discounting all games in which someone forfeited, my kill rate was 61.7% across 15 games.

    -When survivors work as a team and play efficiently, my games are still very competitive. I had a lot of really good players giving me a hard time, often with some really surprising builds.

    61.7% isn't the huge jump everyone was expecting. In fact, it's fairly on-par with what you could expect from a Blight pre-patch. To be fair, I used no add-ons. That said, 61.7% isn't a big difference from what I at least felt like I was getting before, and I rarely ever used add-ons on Blight even before 6.1.0.

    All-in-all, I believe the main factor in why survivors are doing so poorly right now are forfeits. When you have a nearly 16% difference in kill rate between when a survivor isn't throwing the match and when one is, that's probably the issue. If you have forfeits an average of every third game, of course kill rates are skyrocketing. So to the ragequitters out there, if you think a match is hopeless, it probably isn't. Don't DC every time you're losing, because if you do then you're the reason every match is hopeless.

    Hmm maybe people are quitting because BHVR decided to take the most BORING part of the game (repairing generators) and make it even MORE boring!

  • @Zeon_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3117962#Comment_3117962

    And? Killers had numerous meta nerfs over the years with nothing to make up for it.

    Killer is still the hardest role to play, like it has been for 6 years.

    Agreed, if you play pig and without audio

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3112282#Comment_3112282

    Why is it a problem for Survivors to run three perks to counter one game mechanic, but not for Killers to make full builds to MAYBE mitigate one possible problem, while still being unable to stop several others?

    What problems? If gens go too fast you don’t need full slowdown. You play Blight and you’ll enough map pressure if you’re good enough, or any decent killer. Sounds like a skill problem.

    Any item can be counter by Franklins. Flashlights ?Lightborn. You’re playing against sabo squad? Crowd Control. SWF? Learn nurse, you’ll 4K at 5 gens. Now let’s look at survivor: Faceamped by Bubba? Dead. Tunneled? Dead, unless you can loop the killer for 5 gens AND the exit gates. Good Nurse? Dead. No work hard counters any of these only minigate. Anything a survivor can do there’s a perk or you just have to actually be good at the game to counter. Entitled mf

    . The ONLY problem is gens speeds which have been nerfed already and killers still have so many other slowdown perks.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3117957#Comment_3117957

    And got nothing to replace it with.

    Killers on the other hand received a royal feast. Massively buffed all across the board, camping was buffed, longer gens, buffed gen regression, buffed aura perks.......

    Killers literally win on auto pilot now.

    Buffed gen regression? Most certainly not. If you're actually going to tell me Call of Brine (which was not buffed) or Overcharge (which now starts slower than base regression) is better than an on-command 25% kick (pre-patch Pop) or 200% regression speed without a kick (pre-patch Ruin) you're just nuts. And the 2.5% base kick is barely anything. It's quite literally only 2 seconds of work to undo it. And the freshly buffed Thana was already nerfed into the ground and is now useless on every killer except Legion and Plague.

    "Massively buffed across the board" with a .3s reduction in cooldown and .2s reduction in on-hit sprint? Oh no, what will we do? Don't kid yourself buddy. Hold W is still very much alive. You still get 24s of distance from an M1, and realistically Blight and Nurse are almost unaffected by that change anyway. If you're complaining that much about a minor M1 buff, stop running into massive dead zones like a fool.

    Longer gens did minorly buff camping, but the fact that regression is worse on average kinda makes up for the longer gen times in every non-camping scenario.

    Buffed aura perks? Are you really gonna whine about the Lethal Pursuer buff? At this point it's just sad to listen to. I try to be civil on the forums, but honestly just git gud dude.

  • Love the act of playing survivor, but the killer being so overly advantaged these days kills the fun and excitement, and definitely any competitive nature. Then they get a false sense of security thinking they're better lol. I'm a noob pig and I get 4ks all day because of how glaringly easy it is. There's too much room for error. For starters there needs to be a far longer recovery time for missed hits. They shouldn't be allowed to suck then get another quick attempt right after missing.

  • @Ayodam said:

    Killers recently received some QoL updates whereas survivors received nerfs. Camping & tunneling are more efficient now because of changes.

    But also needed.

1 2 3 ›