Camping only works against solos
That's why kindred shoukd be basekit. I hate to play solo, getting camped and my random mates are crouching around the hook instead of doing gens.
Then, the last mate across the map is asking himself "why is noone saving him?" and waste all the time to come over just to see "oh, camping" and runs back again to his gen.
That's why only swf can really punish a camper, or if u waste a perk slot for kindred
Then, the last mate across the map is asking himself "why is noone saving him?" and waste all the time to come over just to see "oh, camping" and runs back again to his gen.
That's why only swf can really punish a camper, or if u waste a perk slot for kindred
Comments
I play both sides, and as a killer I'd be willing to let Kindred be baseline to make my solo survivor gane tolerable.
It's not that strong a perk against most killers anyway but it gives survivors a chance against the toxic ones.
Why not, but what would be the compensation on the killers side?
I've said before it wouldn't be unacceptable to ask 4 man SWF squads to lose a perk slot.
They get kindred, alert, bond, empathy etc etc all for free. Sure it's not quite as good as seeing an aura but they get enough information to cover all of those perks plus they have the benefit of co-ordination.
It wouldn't be extreme to say when people join up as a 4 man they have 1 perk slot disabled.
If the devs are too afraid to do that then they could at least compensate killers by giving them increased BP. Everyone knwows SWF is much harder due to the co-ordination, therefore maybe 1.5x BP for a 3 man and 2xBP for a 4 man. At the very least.
Suddenly losing isn't as bad if you're raking in BP for it. It also rewards killers for taking on SWF, rather than their new matchmaking system which forces them into it against their will.
The whole point here is to make solo survivor more enjoyable, and stop SWF from being overpowered.
Plus the more enjoyable solo is = more solo players = less killers crying about swf all the time.
Agreed. As a solo casual survivor I approve of this.
As a killer non camping non tunneling main, I approve of this.
Removing a perk won't counter optimal genrush.
Kindred on the other side will give solos the tools for optimal genrush. From there, the real balancing between survivor in general and killer can really start. But with this current gab, any nerf/buff will just get juggled around without a real balance
I'm on Console. We can't chat. 0_0
I.e. you get 2 people on each door ready to begin opening when the guy doing the last gen says its about to pop.
They know which gens are safe at any given time, they can work together to rush the most important gens to really give the killer the most distant gens when it comes down to the final one.
Its going to be hard to bring solo up to give them that much co-ordination.
Losing a perk slot wouldn't fix it no. But that's 4 less meta perks in the game. 1 less decisive strike, 1 less sprint burst, 1 less adrenaline, 1 less u breakable etc
Better than nothing.
I find that camping works more often with SWF.
It's more effective, but it's certainly useful against both with the right, not-so-rare circumstances.
SWFs would probably just drop selfcare if they get one perkslot less
Some, not necessarily you, may not even play killer.
Kindly don't take it personal.
Let's not pretend this isn't a huge weight in the scales of balance for the survivor side, and no mention of anything to counter balance for killers which is going to be pretty damn important.
I'm in the camp that we can't just drop a 10 ton weight on one side of the scales and hope for the best. We need to consider the other side.
Even if we don't get this idea through, there is always hook gymnastics.
Spam, but don't complete the attempt to free yourself to signal being camped.
I figured it would be a pretty universal signal by now. Even the official wiki mentions this.
The problem with buffing solos to SWF level is that they will be SWF level, and the SWF blood point multiplier won't apply to them. Randoms will be SWF strong with zero compensation.
It becomes a whole new can of worms when you are trying to buff solos to SWF. Extra blood points to vs SWF won't help as much.
It becomes an issue of every match becoming harder and harder for the killer.
That said, whe. Talking about counter balancing against solo buffs to SWF level we need general killer buffs.
Though i play with friends i also love to play solo, i got more freedom and not being in voice comms allows me to focus on what's going around me.
I've had a few groups like that, but most just rush the hook no matter what.
1) I can't control what my other 3 mates will take, I can't force them to use kindred aswell
2) it's just another perk that swfs has built in, goal is to close the gap between both ad much as possible, right? U dont want to "force" the already weaker solos (compared to swfs) with even one more perk slot less
Uh, it doesn't work against SWFs because they are smart enough to bring borrowed time. I think you guys seriously underestimate how powerful that perk is against campers.
Why would a solo survivor want to use borrowed time? Who cares about saving random people you que with right?
Besides, i've noticed lately that solo players are way more efficient than swf groups.
I've taken it and sometimes it's useful, sometimes it makes no difference.
But it's not like we're advocating for Bond or anything that would give a whole game advantage. We're just looking at ways to maybe make the game a little more enjoyable for solo survivors who often get camped out. Kindred for free isn't strong.
No sh!t sherlock want a medal? (Jk) Yeah it should be base and it was but killer mains begun to cry and survivor mains got ridiculously happy it was pretty satisfying to watch. I main both sides btw.
I'd just scrap the idea you'll start a fire if it gets added and it will rage on until one side wins it.
I do.
All the time.
Survivors hate BBQ.
I enjoy solo survivor immensely. Far more than playing killer infact. I still play killer, too.
That was sarcasm man.
"doing gens = depip squad"
Do you want to know why you're depipping? Because you're camping and letting the other survivors pump out gens.
What if they got a stripped down version? Where it only sbowed if the killer stayed within 8m for more than 5 seconds? Would only affect campers. Wouldnt just reveal the killers direction either.
I don't see how that changes anything, you state that the survivors you get are more likely to do gens if you camp, and then call them "depip" squads for doing their objective, lol.
Camping is mostly done out of spite, camping SWF players works probably better than solos most of the time of the SWF isn't sweaty and wants to play for fun but then again the devs are probably already thinking about taking one of the only things that killers have when they are frustrated.
I don't personally see a point in camping solos since it's mostly wasting my own time, camping SWFplayers while watching a movie on the other hand gives me some added salt after the game for my popcorn.
Where did I deny it?
Actually most of the time SWF groups proitoritize their friends more than solos and try to save them the best they can.
The only time where camping a solo player is a better option is if you find a solo player on your hex totem early. If that’s a SWF player then the rest of their squad already knows the location.
Thats not the current meta... that is the basis of the entire game. Thats like saying, "Current meta is trying to hook survivors." There is no other objective. For either side. Done.
Oh.