Camping Fix
I think survivors unhooking others should not be grab-able and hitting them with stuff like a chainsaw should put them in deep-wound status since killers even after all these nerfs will still be totally OP it shouldn't hurt them at all.
I think survivors unhooking others should not be grab-able and hitting them with stuff like a chainsaw should put them in deep-wound status since killers even after all these nerfs will still be totally OP it shouldn't hurt them at all.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
”SWF Isn’t hard I just don’t like that he has friends to talk to” 😕
What’s wrong with them having fun? Lol this is a video game
If players were protected by hooks either unhooking or being unhooked, this woudl take away the threat of getting hooked in the first place. Playing to not get hooked, and not get caught imho should be the goal. Survivors need more incentive to play stealthy instead. Besides you have body-blocking and flashlights to torment campers with anyway. There are already a plethora of saves and forgiveness perks afforded to survivors already. HOWEVER that is assuming you aren't running with a SWF. If you are a solo then I understand the frustration of it being instant hard mode for you. Regardless to make it so that killers cant kill without a 2nd, 3rd or 4th hoop to jump through is pretty much turning them all into the current Legion. Then dump SWF on them, and welp, enjoy your longer queues because killer would be a freaking horror to play.
This'll sting, but I'll tear the band-aid off:
Try to make friends with people instead of being a spiteful lil' butt trying to spoil the fun of others.
What's wrong with the current patch? on average I mostly had 3,6 kills if I try hard with rare addons but that's only on stuff like Billy and Clown, where was the ######### need to buff survivors? That kill rate would've gone down if I played enough to get to rank1 again, I think on freddy I even had like just 2.5k on average even with rare addons on r1, that was perfectly acceptable from a balance standpoint so why the ######### did the devs think buffing survivors was neccesary?
The most fun I had with this patch was gleefully rubbing the way to harsh nerfs into the survivors face tbh, now this is gone and there's no reason for me to play anymore, I'll just wait out the next major nerfs to survivors or mapupdates where we can finally just run them down even without bamboozle.
If you're not having fun as killer, 0k or 4k, that's a you problem that only you can fix.
Even 4k'ing them feels like ######### because against any competent SWF you will 4k by abusing one thing: them trying to have fun, you know that you got that 4k because instead of getting each other up all the time and unhooking in risky situations they could've just done at least 2 gens. And even if they lose they ######### had fun and you look just pathetic even tho you're the one playing the alpha-role.
The fact that they get buffed at all even tho it's not neccesary, couple that with nerfs to the easiest killers and there's no more "heh, I just had to run you down with bamboozle, enduring and spirit fury while you have no chance to hide from me, ezpez"
youre still free to tunnel them just don’t expect them to drop on the floor for you. Borrowed time is a counter to camping & tunneling. It’s current forum it only counters the camping as you can just run them down until they bleed out, not it counters the tunneling too, a good change imo. Might see the perk more often.
you can counter borrowed time if you’re camping by hitting the saviour survivor and then hitting them again. You get to hook another player and another one gets to have fun and earn some points.
youre arguing against both SWF & Borrowed time as if they’re some how connected. I really think maybe you should have a short break and come back, it might do you well man.
The point of camping is to deny fun, is it hard for you to understand?
So let's hypoethtically say 80% of the killers start picking leatherface with insidious and start facecamping every match, playercount drops massively, should the devs in your eyes do something?
I think the game is in a really good spot right now there is more than enough incentive to play the game that ensure this silly hypothetical never happens.
But I also think that if you want to have the mindset of “I want to camp because I know it ruins fun for that person” then you have to accept that in a game where his is possible there will be counters to it.
you can’t just be upset because your tactic of getting 1 kill a match is getting challenged. Just like the survivors have been doing with the latest patches and nerfs to them, ADAPT. Become a better player.
rofl always this implying I'm not skilled enough BS, I'm for a fact unable to get away from R1 even if I give hatches and afk every second game, I cba to get more skilled at a niche game like this, the only thing I could do in the first place would be to learn nurse.
I played league mostly because it's super easy to be ridiculously toxic there through gameplay, own the crap out of people with some very pubstompy pick and don't win on purpose (because winning just like in DBD would make me unable to keep that playstyle because at a certain level there's just no way to bully people any more)
This is a game where you play a friggin KILLER, I don't want a good and fair game, I want to feel powerful and play with my prey, I don't care how good you are, you are not able to toy with survivors at high ranks unless they really ######### up badly.
If I wanted to mark my competitive turf I'd stick to one of the mainstream games where ppl give a ######### about your competitiveness in the first place.
You have to realise if they make a game where only one side wins effortlessly the whole game becomes nothing and no one will play it.
Implying survivors can't win effortlessly if they take the no-fun to play route of play. Is it unrealistic? of course, nobody plays like that but the fact that it's possible is enough to warrant more survivor nerfs.
There's enough pallets on the map for literally 5 gens unless the killer runs spirit fury, if you don't try to mindgame and just immediately drop them because you know that your team is genrushing then you can just run from 1 to the next pallet which only requires memorization of the game's algorythm, let's not forget the jungle gyms that eat up a ridiculous amount of time esp the ones on coldwind that you cannot mindgame.
The fact that you get hit at most pallets in this game is because you ######### up in third person to the killer's mindgame. There's survivors out there who cannot be effectively mindgamed and where it's mostly down to luck if you hit them by for example running by chance into him at a completely blocked T-wall.
There's a reason why killers most of the time WILL run bamboozle at high ranks and spirit fury, because mind games are nice to have but unreliable.
The only pallets we won't break are usually the ones that are really ######### like some of the ones in lerys where survivors trap themselves in a corner if they try to juke there.
Boring story aside grow the ######### up TC, for real dude. The ######### you've been saying here is sad and irrational.
You guys always get pissed off at @SenzuDuck as well and that's hilarious. Especially since he's one of the few to regularly call you guys out on your ridiculous bs.
I think you need a hug.
Pretty sure that's why devs are trying to discourage it...
I think the point went over your head. SWF is pretty much survivors with 7 extra free items/perks/killer perk negation that honestly is NOT about playing with friends, but rather having an unfair advantage over the killer to make themselves feel good tormenting someone else. If you can't see that SWF is toxic for the game in general, the problem is you. SWF should be its own entity and offer no BP or rank.
Talking about the past, can I get back that huge hitboxes that felt like auto aim?
The times before 360 and juking even existed?
the game is far far easier than it has ever been but you just keep wanting more.
This is basically just your false assumptions.
You won't find ANY statement from me supporting your claim.
Not about the 4k and not about the "ease of it".
This is just a perfect example of an ad hominem personal attack.
You on the other hand just want easy survivor matches, but of course THAT is totally ok, right?
PS: Sorry for the "?", that's a rethorical question and I won't respond on an answer. overandout
i love how it’s always me apparently, I don’t make posts asking for buffs, I dont Support posts asking for buffs of killer or survivor but I’m the “entitled” one. The only posts you comment in are when it would make the game easier for you.
This change ONLY affects bad campers & tunnelers, which I’m fine with because I’m competent enough to play the game without using those tactics.
This thread is like a soap opera. First I went from laughing, then depressed, to now getting my popcorn. Jesus.
Oh my god, you honestly believe people play with each other in an elaborate scheme to hurt you.
You need help. You all need help.
I'm just going to give you an "Awesome" because I genuinely feel bad for you.
All this change does is buff unsafe unhooks. Does this make malicious camping harder? Yes. But it also buffs many other situations where the survivor shouldn't get the free unhook.
If I see/hear someone (as I'm hooking someone) just itching for me to turn away for more than half a second so that they can get a quick and easy unhook you bet I'm going to walk away for a moment only to turn right back around to see if they fall for my bait. That's their fault at that point, they failed to wait until I'm preoccupied with something else or until I was too far away.
In another situation, if I'm chasing someone who ends up bee-lining it to unhook someone, should that survivor get a free unhook? No. They are doubly at fault at that point because they are not only guaranteeing a free hit if they attempt to unhook, they are also making it extremely difficult for any other survivor to take advantage over me chasing someone to rescue the one on the hook.
For the record, it's not a free hook. It's an unhook coupled with a perk designed to allow unsafe hooks.
Your argument should be framed with the fact that the survivors are deliberately running a perk that complements risky unhooks.
I get why you want that, its disgusting to find a face camper but with the new Borrowed Time its enough.
People would just abuse that and start unhooking survivors right in face of the killer.
Of course he's not. He's just salty so he's throwing a temper tantrum.
Like a kid told to eat his vegetables screaming that he'll never eat meat again as protest.
As many of the posts suggest, camping killers feel personally attacked by the BT buff.
I thought that the comment I responded to was in direct reference to the OP's suggestion (which was a blanket change regardless of perk being run), not the upcoming BT change. I have mixed feelings about the BT change but it wasn't what I was referring to.
My fault. I didn't think anyone actually took his post seriously.
To be fair, I responded with the prior knowledge that OP only made this troll-suggestion to vent about the BT buff, so that confused me.
Probably my bad as well. I tend to take things at face value because no matter how much some things seem like trolling, there is always someone out there who honestly has that opinion. I need to be more cynical sometimes.
Baited.
Damn, ######### got real. If this is the mentality of every camper then I'll stick to maining killer for a while.
I think the point went over your head. SWF is pretty much survivors with 7 extra free items/perks/killer perk negation that honestly is NOT about playing with friends, but rather having an unfair advantage over the killer to make themselves feel good tormenting someone else. If you can't see that SWF is toxic, the problem is you.
Camping is just as toxic also.
Camping REALLY needs to be addressed with both an emblem and BP loss that is flashed on the screen. Do you think the campers actually read patch notes? No they don't. Flash that ######### on the screen and then make it their choice. -100 bp and -1% emblem every 3 seconds bright and visible on the screen.
And to the people claiming camping is a strat, then I guess we should remove crows over players in one spot too long right? Hiding is the same as camping. It's annoying and serves no purpose other than to be bad.
Please tell me your being sarcastic and forgot the smilie for it.