Camping Fix
I think survivors unhooking others should not be grab-able and hitting them with stuff like a chainsaw should put them in deep-wound status since killers even after all these nerfs will still be totally OP it shouldn't hurt them at all.
I think survivors unhooking others should not be grab-able and hitting them with stuff like a chainsaw should put them in deep-wound status since killers even after all these nerfs will still be totally OP it shouldn't hurt them at all.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I would?
Why not go and down the survivor that is crouching right next to the hook?
OMG - I'm ashamed to be part of the killer community. I only play survivor with my wife, otherwise I main Trapper. I've only camped the most toxic of players, and have no issues with BT.
That said, want to fix the problem for the poor survivor being camped by the drooling 15 year old killer? Simple, give them extra BP for each action taken by another survivor while they are on the hook and inside the killer's terror radius. If they are downed within 10 seconds of being unhooked, give them a bp boost of 1k "sacrificial lamb". Problem solved!
Why should survivor get any rewards for failure?
Where is the bloodpoint bonus for killer that fail?
doublestandards
Yes, being camped and tunnelled is the survivor failing.
lmao, imagine being so blind.
"Hey guys, I'm going to do my best to stop this person participating in gen fixing & totem hunting, HAha he's such a failure this is totally his fault I'm not moving away from him or anything"
Seriously dude, if you think getting downed first and face camped is failure then you are nuts. Not everyone loops forever, and when they do, killers cry about it and call it toxic. Not everyone runs UE and stealths out. Getting downed in a match is all but a guarantee. By your measure, the hatch should always appear beneath the feet of the last survivor. Why should we get rewarded for failure to find him quickly?
As for killer bp, they get a ton no matter what. I can let the whole group run away, hook them all once, and break pallets/gens and still avoid a depip while making 40k plus. Not exactly equal field in the bp department.
Seriously......absolutely insane people that just want ot punish others. IT'S A GAME!!!
So they ended up on the hook, because they skillfully jumped up on there by themself?
Yea, sure… getting hooked is totally a sign of playing like a pro.
:sarcastic:
Ok, at least we agree on THIS.
So now that we got common ground, tell me again, why should the killer get PUNISHED for using a legal and intended ingame tactic?
Getting hooked is inevitable lmfao, it's part of the game.
Do you think "pros" just go their entire life on dbd without ever getting hooked or something?
and as for being camped & tunnelled, that's there fault, right? I noticed you dodged that part of the equation.
Ok, than maybe you are not that good as you think of yourself.
But anyway "lmfao" is not make you sound any more mature.
IT's called a counter, why does lightborne exist? Why are survivors being punished with a counter to a legal and intended ingame tactic?
Why does bbq exists? Why are survivors being punished for being stealthy and using a legal and intended game mechanic?
why does spinechill exist? Why are killers being punished for going towards survivors? It's an intended game mechanic?
Why does iron will exist, why are killers being punished for trying to use sound to help them?
because this game counter playstyles with perks, that's how it is
What are you even talking about?
If you're playing matches that absolutely nobody gets hooked in you must be the worst killer in the entire world, if this is honestly the matches you are facing I feel sorry for you.
I never say I'm good, but obviously I get hooked AS ITS PART OF THE GAME.
Damn, ######### got real. If this is the mentality of every camper then I'll stick to maining killer for a while.> @SenzuDuck said:
You honestly read my mind whenever people say it's the survivors fault.

This guy is my favorite of all the drama queens on this forum. Even the best survivors in the game get hooked. Get over yoursel righteousness. You have killer mains telling you that camping sucks for the person being camped. Give them some extra bp for the suckage that is camping, and you soothe a lot of that play style. Killers already get rewarded for loopers, they get chase points, pallet points, and potentially hits. Survivors get nothing if they get face camped on the first hook. Not a failure, an inevitability. Everyone gets hooked.
This comment is so beyond reason, I actually do not know where to start…
But I try it in a way you might understand…
LMFAO
How am I beyond reason? You literally think face camping is on the fault of the survivor.
I give you examples of things, I explain things and I say lmfao.
all you can say is "lmfao" which really shows how wrong you are you just wont admit it.
Senzu, at this point, just ignore Wolf. The guy has a history of being absolutely unreasonable.
I blame survivors for this thread, why don't they just accept it's their fault we camp them and accept that we should have more tools to do this
/S
I need the LOL button for that Senzu.
Ok, I usually only educate people when I get paid for it, but I give it a try and see if it sticks with you.
All your examples are about PERKS, not "tactics".
If you can't see a difference. Have fun. Enjoy your life. I actually learned it's much easier to live without to much thinking. Makes people happier.^^
(You must be the happiest person ever.)
I mean, you say you're an educator but can't tell that face camping and tunnelling is a choice made by the killer, not the survivor.
:think:
gud edumactor plz teech mei moar
listing perks that are counters to things that survivors/killers do.
that's my point, that perks are used as counters, which is why borrowed time is the way it is.
much smart very educator
LMFAO
Pay me and I actually give my best.^^
Right now, you have to work for yourself and I just give you a push in the right direction. XD
Don't think I'm going to pay anyone that doesn't understand cause and effect
You should. You really should. Maybe you get your stuff straight if you do.
Maybe this will enlighten you:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
You're both not accomplishing anything :-/
Why not meet in the middle?
The hooked survivor is responsible for their own gameplay pre-hook, but both the killer and remaining survivors determine whether or not a save occurs, regardless of how safe/unsafe or fair/unfair it is for either side.
Or you both could meander on with your circular reasoning and dialogue.
well done for self diagnosing yourself.
Imagine blaming survivors for the killers choice to stand next to them when they're hooked, omegalul.
Your a lost cause Ducky. I just keep responding to your stuff, so it doesn't stand unopposed and other reader might think it is true.
Hopefully other reader decide for themself who is reasonabl here.
I mean, that makes sense but we can't really pretend that its a survivors choice that a killer will find them and hunt them down and camp them.
and I'm not trying to say that's a bad thing, I just think it's weird to say it's the survivors fault if you camp.
Killers seee gens, survivors do gens, survivor gets caught, they get hooked. They aren't some magical invicible being they can't not get hit if the killer has some sense.
I'm pretty sure 99% of the forum would agree with me that it's a killer choice to camp and not survivors lmfao.
i also think they should be teleported away from the hook to a location, that is at least 45 meters away from the killer.
if none available, they will spawn outside the doors.
Losing the chase is on the individual killer/survivor, generally (though some coordinated players run interference, but killers can circumvent this).
Getting picked up also has some team based counter play, but aside from perks and obvious pallet crawls (which are 100% the killer's fault if he takes a stun), it's generally on the remaining 4 active players to determine if a pick up occurs.
Barring DS, the same can be said for carrying and hooking.
Afterwards, if the killer is camping, survivors and the killer all contribute to the outcome, regardless of whether the majority of the forum is able to grasp and cope with this fact or not.
You just gave the reason that ANYONE on this forum replies to YOU.
You talk absolute nonsense and it's no wonder. If you get destroyed at rank 13 as Myers and then have to pull your internet cord, it's understandable that you would feel the need to camp and then try to justify it.
*edit - _YOU'RE_ one of the most unreasonable people here by the way
Remember that guy on the forums that said he would camp a match for every comment he got on his thread? I guess that must have been the survivors fault as well.
I thought he was memeing, but then he did a "play nice" thing too, in which he thought an instasaw Billy with Ruin and NOED was "playing nicely".
Nah, he was posting screenshots of the matches after he'd camped. Fricking survivors forcing him to camp REEEE
I had to mash awesome on your comments
It's Saturday night - There's always time for fun
So when a Killer doesn't camp, spots a Survivor going for a rescue, follows them and makes it back just in time for a grab, they can't grab, even though they're not a camper?
If a Hillbilly is on the other side of the map, comes back in a Chainsaw sprint and hits the unhooker, they won't get a Dying State Survivor, even though they're not a camper?
I'm not arguing the semantics of camping, I have no issues with camping & tunnelling, play as you want. I have an issue with people trying to say it's the survivors fault they're camping or tunnelling.
If you want to hit the injured person, go for that's the killers decision.
Don't interpret this negatively, cause that's not my aim...but why do you tell me that?
I directed that previous comment towards MhhBurgers.
My apologies, Mhhburgers if you read this thread he's literally just posting to troll, he's a die hard killer and goes on in this thread that he only wants to camp to ruin peoples fun.
I just assumed because you didn't tag anyone and I was pretty heavily involved in the conversation
No worries, we're cool.
Just wanted to ask some question to them in which these changes of theirs can occur without the Killer being a camper.
Because, no matter how rare these situations may be, when they do occur, they would be denied their well-earned grab or insta-down, which is incredibly unfair.