Camping Fix
I think survivors unhooking others should not be grab-able and hitting them with stuff like a chainsaw should put them in deep-wound status since killers even after all these nerfs will still be totally OP it shouldn't hurt them at all.
I think survivors unhooking others should not be grab-able and hitting them with stuff like a chainsaw should put them in deep-wound status since killers even after all these nerfs will still be totally OP it shouldn't hurt them at all.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Why not just make them invulnerable during the unhooking animation?
How should we know without a LOL button?
Killers protecting hooks is completely balanced. If you're referring to killers face camping a survivor purely to screw over that specific survivor with no benefit, then there's nothing overpowered about that. Killers that do that won't pip.
Baited.^^
I'm all for nerfing camping. But making unsafe unkhooks even easier I don't believe is the way to go. I think the best fix for the beginning is adding kindred Tier 3 to the base kit of survivors, which will also get rid of the biggest advantage swf survivors have over solo survivors. Just that the radius in which the killers aura is shown should be 16 or 20 meters at the beginning, and even grow the longer the survivor is hooked, up until a 28 meter radius.
Camping is a strategy (A trashy one but a strategy non the less) and there is nothing you can do to change that.
Plus It's unbelievably easy to punish a killer who is camping. If the killer is camping, GO DO GENS FOR ######### SAKE!! You all are treating camping like it's on the highest pedestal of evil when in reality it isn't. Stop acting like all four survivors are going to die because the killer is camping. you have PLENTY of time to do the gens while the killer is at the hook, so go do the generators.
Same with hatch stand offs.If you know the killer is camping the hatch, crouch around and do the remaining gens.
It's NOT that complicated.
uhhh, your a survivor main are you, I can tell because your talking about the chainsaw being to op pretty much
And what did they give killers in return? Ah yes, more nerfs. The survivor escape-rate was already way to high considering they do not even need to escape to win in the first place.
It's funny because almost every patch this year has had killer buffs in it, one minor change to a perk status and they start kicking up tantrums.
Killer will and always will be easy, while it isn't as easy as Survivor it's still not an arduous task to get kills and pip.
I wouldn't mind the Kindred basekit.
I honestly wouldn't mind your maybe click bait argument.
I don't camp. I don't tunnel.
None of these changes affect me.
Completely ignoring that EVERY streamer says that survivor is way easier to play than killer and that killer is way more stressfull but kay.
So survivors are allowed to play toxic and killers aren't? Because that's what they're doing right now. Removing all ability of the killers to play toxic unless we go for the hard to play killers.
I play toxic as well. Whenever I know I'm getting a Brutal Rank and I won't depip from 1, I, as Amanda, play extremely toxic.
I t-bag.
I slug.
I camp around the slugged survivor to scare others.
I chase without hitting.
I body block.
I t-bag while body blocking.
At the end, 1 dies and 3 escape and I leave laughing.
Everyone gets their points, every survivor pips.
im sorry, did devs show that most survivors dont escape the trial, even shown a chart that had little to no survivors escaping the trial
Source or it didn't happen.
wait let me open the dev stream that started most posts like this
@not_Queen was it one of the other devs or you that showed us the escape rate of survivors, I seen the dc rate but not escape rate and I know you guys talked about it
Either way it doesn't change the fact that the only char that can outplay survivors consistently is the nurse and maybe the spirit and billy, the others cannot. Most of the kills I get on these chars at r1 is basically from survivors ######### up (or let's be honest be too bored to stay in a match with me)
from what I have been seeing you are salty about changes to perk so survivors being bored in a match with you may be a sign that you are too easy to face, thats a problem and several other killers can mindgame/outplay survivors, wraith, trapper, hag, doctor, myers, leatherface can a little, pig can, freddy cannot without pill bottle, clown can, and right now even legion can, actually named all of the killers actually
rofl me too easy, me proxycamping hooks is boring but I'm not a streamer, if you unhook in front of me I'm gonna tunnel the guy who just got unhooked, it's called playing efficient. This thread is sarcasm but mark my words, bhvr is also gonna make unhooking safer in the future.
Mindgaming only works on certain maps, since Cornfields is the most selected map in the game you're ######### out of lock more than 50% of the time when it comes to trying to mindgame.
Here we go again… an entitled survivor main turning a blind eye on any killer nerf and survivor buff.
One buff to one side doesn't mean anything if there are 2 nerfs in the very same patch.
What exactly am I supposedly entitled to?
Simple fact is, Borrowed time is a counter to campers + tunnelers. It's so incredibly easy as a camping killer to hit the unhooker and hit them again, you still get a hook but you're so upset about the injured survivor getting away and having a chance at surviving.
Why is it so hard to understand that people are actually competent enough to win without camping? As someone who plays killer and can reach rank one without camping the entire rebellion around Borrowed Time changes are absolutely lost on me because no one has to play like that at all.
Oh survivor main btw
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!
Why is it so hard to understand that people are actually competent enough to win without camping? As someone who plays killer and can reach rank one without camping the entire rebellion around Borrowed Time changes are absolutely lost on me because no one has to play like that at all.
Agreed. 100effing%.
Why is it so hard to understand that people are actually competent enough to win without camping? As someone who plays killer and can reach rank one without camping the entire rebellion around Borrowed Time changes are absolutely lost on me because no one has to play like that at all.
@SenzuDuck
100% with you there.
Look how hes already doing it by saying its only certain killers. There are stats from earlier in the year that show its pretty consistent across all killers.
They should get rid of hooks and killers. Replace them with Blackjack.
Yea, I don't play killer at all, clearly.
"Translation: "I don't play Killer at all."
Imagine not knowing what "At all" means and asking if I'm 15 years old.
But hey, rank 1 killer and survivor every season who's opinion doesn't matter because Mr CrowS said I don't play killer.
Don't say I don't do something at all and then scoff at the proof that you're wrong.
Hint: Look at the top right of my screenshot, it clearly has my steam username which is "SenzuDuck". Go figure.
Also, I think you should reread my comment as you clearly misunderstood it.
"while it isn't as easy as Survivor"
I literally say it isn't easier than survivor.
Oh my.
"Killer will and always will be easy, while it isn't as easy as Survivor it's still not an arduous task to get kills and pip."
What don't you understand about this comment saying survivor is easier?
"While it (killer) is not as easy as survivor"
I also like how you ignore the bit about the screenshot the you so convincingly debunked lol
You're very confusing
You say "Hey, if you think Killer is easier than Survivor ... something is up."
Which with this comment you imply that killer is harder, which I think they're both easy but you have to put more effort into a killer to be good at it.
But now you're arguing that survivor is actually the harder one to play?
I also stream, go figure.
I know this game, and I've played it a lot and the fact that your comments are very confusing does not help the matter.
The point is that this change affects killers who want to play in a toxic way, I don't give a crap if I'm winning a match, I won a match if the SWF feels like their time was cheated away from them.
and that's fine if you want to play like that, but don't cry when there are changes to balance this.
If you still think Killers / Survivors need changes and not maps at this point, you should uninstall your game. Both sides are well balanced at the moment.
They won't balance the maps, if they wanted to they would've already. Not making the Corn-Twalls see-through is not a hard thing to do.
Meanwhile survivors get to keep all of their toxic crap like SWFs and teabagging at the exitgate with no repercussion because BHVR thinks money is more important than integrity.
Because they also never wanted to make dedicated servers available. But that happened. And they never wanted a Clown Killer. And that happened too. Stop.
I don't need to dodge SWF, I don't have an issue with them, it's clearly the way you play.
Also, anyone that complains about T-Bagging is just beyond helping, just walk towards the survivor and they'll leave lol.
SWF was always intended, so was comms, so is tbagging, so is tunneling & camping.
SWF is still a ######### miserable feeling, I don't even give a ######### if I 4k these ppl so it has nothing to do with playstyle, heck SWFs most of the time are probably easier if you want to play cheesy/campy because they will try stupid ######### to have fun beyond holding down M1.
It's just a ######### miserable feeling that SWF are sitting there having fun with 3 other ppl while ur sitting there alone and even the game doesn't favor you.