I think this is a popular opinion as of now but

I think survivors would play a lot better if bond and kindred was basekit.

I think the biggest problem most survivors are is the lack of communication and information.

If these perks we're basekit and BHVR also added a way for soloq survivors to communicate with each other,there would be no difference betwen soloq and swf if survivors also played well enough,

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3088450#Comment_3088450

    well duh

    why aura reading perks wont be basekit but are best bet be Icons showing what other are doing.

    solo need something.

    Survivor icons are fine if the killer is given access to those icons too.

    Remember that giving extra information to survivors only just makes SWF even more unbalanced, because some SWFs don't use voice communication, so they would benefit from the extra information.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3088420#Comment_3088420

    When people talk about bridging the gap between solo and SWF, they don't want to have the responsibilities and expectations of being in a SWF, but they still want the extra information that voice communication SWFs get.

    I would be careful with too all-encompassing blanked assumptions about large groups of the player base, especially if its somewhat hurtful or unpleasant.

    I would say that maybe a lot of the long term soloQ players don't know that SWF not only got perks and advantages, but also certain responsibilities and expectations, ie not letting anyone hanging, organizing a rescue attempt, maybe being ready for the occasional flashlight save etc.

    Same general idea, but less condescending and demeaning.

  • I'd be happy simply with just a status under the survivor icons, showing what they are doing like _gens, cleansing, in-chase_ , like _Identity V_ does (I think). Just some more info to know whether to go for a save, get involved in a chase or whatnot.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3088062#Comment_3088062

    thing is tho SWF already doing it with out perks so with swf they can't nerf killers to much but with solo they can't buff them to much either see how it is game a mess.

    This game is not built around SWFs, it's built around solo Q.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3088470#Comment_3088470

    Survivor icons are fine if the killer is given access to those icons too.

    Remember that giving extra information to survivors only just makes SWF even more unbalanced, because some SWFs don't use voice communication, so they would benefit from the extra information.

    given access to those icons to killers would be overpowered you know it and most if not all SWF play on voice chat

    the extra information does not make SWF more stronger or unbalanced

    SWF by default is stronger or unbalanced because they already have that extra information not many play SWF with out voice chat don't know where you got that from.

    so I'm 100% sure you don't play survivor so good day not talking to you anymore because you don't know what your talking about.

  • @Tactrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3088445#Comment_3088445

    This game is not built around SWFs, it's built around solo Q.

    yes but they buffed killer because of SWF so you also don't know what your talking about

    what I see is a lot of killer are on power trip after this buff and don't mind killing weaker survivors(solo) as long they got the power handle SWF but in the end they are more solo then SWF why you think your wait time so long? I want to play killer I can't because I'm not waiting 7 to 8 min for a match where a survivor most likely going to DC because they not having fun.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3087703#Comment_3087703

    That’s not necessarily true. It also provides information which direction the killer is headed after a hook if they do decide to leave - especially when coupled with Open Handed. I’m also of the opinion the killer aura reveal is what should stay a part of Kindred. While also boosting teammate action speeds while hooked and the killer stays too close nearby.

    They could make it where it only activates after 10 seconds have passed since the person was hooked.

  • @Header said:

    Please define what you mean with basekit kindred, because the aura reveal of the killer shouldn’t be basekit

    Why not?

  • @Adaez said:

    I think survivors would play a lot better if bond and kindred was basekit.

    I think the biggest problem most survivors are is the lack of communication and information.

    If these perks we're basekit and BHVR also added a way for soloq survivors to communicate with each other,there would be no difference betwen soloq and swf if survivors also played well enough,

    I would take basekit kindred over bt. Its miles better.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3087678#Comment_3087678

    Solo q shouldn't get buffs just because some people are using voice communications to gain extra advantages. Voice communication is a problem, not a solution.

    A problem you can never solve,so I dont think its fair to just ignore it.

    The game is balanced pretty fairly now around swf,except the camping and tunneling that needs to be adressed soon.

    @TheWheelOfCheese said:

    I main killer and I'd love for solos to have voice comms. They won't hear me coming because they'll be too busy loudly complaining about each other. 😂

    Seriously, if there's one community that shouldn't have voice comms, it's this one.

    I think a ping system strikes the right balance. I still see players abusing that to be annoying to their teammates, but people on the Internet will find ways to be annoying with any tool they are given.

    I agree,I think pinging is a much better solution,comms will just be toxic like randoms are toxic to each other a lot.

    @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3087703#Comment_3087703

    That’s not necessarily true. It also provides information which direction the killer is headed after a hook if they do decide to leave - especially when coupled with Open Handed. I’m also of the opinion the killer aura reveal is what should stay a part of Kindred. While also boosting teammate action speeds while hooked and the killer stays too close nearby.

    They could just make it that it pings the killer is within 16m of the hook,and now show where.

  • @Mooks said:

    Counterargument: that SoloQ Ace I got matched with yesterday running both Kindred and Bond. Guess what he did? Always ran the killers to the others regardless what they were doing (on gens/on hook/on way to unhook).

    i think the concept they talked about kn January (action icons) would be a great step in the right direction already..

    So we're saying it's a bad idea based on people griefing and exploiting the game? This is the same argument that stops DS deactivation when fully healed from becoming a reality.

  • @Adaez said:

    I think survivors would play a lot better if bond and kindred was basekit.

    I think the biggest problem most survivors are is the lack of communication and information.

    If these perks we're basekit and BHVR also added a way for soloq survivors to communicate with each other,there would be no difference betwen soloq and swf if survivors also played well enough,

    What do you mean, communication? The game gives you enough communication, as is to know where your teammates are, or what they're doing just because some people decide to play on coms and with their friends doesn't mean that they're playing the game as it should be played communication was never the problem

    And no kindred should not be basekit because the killers ora should never be revealed to you at all times, so throw that idea out

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3087660#Comment_3087660

    So we're saying it's a bad idea based on people griefing and exploiting the game? This is the same argument that stops DS deactivation when fully healed from becoming a reality.

    Not what I meant. Just tried to say it won’t really solve the problems on survivor side in general as this change wouldn’t be only beneficial.

    also it’s not really griefing/exploiting really, survivors are meant to be able to play egoistical and just leading the killer to others isn’t directly against any rules.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090130#Comment_3090130

    Not what I meant. Just tried to say it won’t really solve the problems on survivor side in general as this change wouldn’t be only beneficial.

    also it’s not really griefing/exploiting really, survivors are meant to be able to play egoistical and just leading the killer to others isn’t directly against any rules.

    I'm trying to make this^ make sense:

    So base Kindred and Bond would somehow lead to negatives as well as positives. And, assuming that, the negatives wouldn't be against the rules, so survivors are free to do it? Is it even a negative then, if it gives them more freedom of choice and isn't breaking any rules? Also, it wouldn't solve ANY problems for survivor?

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090159#Comment_3090159

    I'm trying to make this^ make sense:

    So base Kindred and Bond would somehow lead to negatives as well as positives. And, assuming that, the negatives wouldn't be against the rules, so survivors are free to do it? Is it even a negative then, if it gives them more freedom of choice and isn't breaking any rules? Also, it wouldn't solve ANY problems for survivor?

    You are just trying to twist my words and aren’t even consistent with it („positives and negatives“ but also „not solving any problems“?)

    i don’t think Bond and Kindred should be completely basekit in their current state as they give too much information, which would also make many other perks pointless. Also the most important informations can be brought in other ways such as the already from dev side talked about action icons.

    SWF don’t actually have built in Bond/Kindred. They have communication and coordination, which isn’t the same as constant accurate aura reveals.

  • I don't think Bond or Empathy are necessary to be basekit - whilst sure, that's information SWF get, I think that's hand holding the survivor side too much as even when I play SWF, I still have to describe where I am/which gen I'm on as I'm moving around. Granted me and my friends don't play like Seal Team 6, but I'll still run into them/they'll run the killer to me unintentionally even with comms just because we're not constantly feeding each other information.

    Kindred base kit, however, I think is great - even if it's just a temporary basekit change until they can schedule and release the information changes they spoke about in January, because I think one of the biggest negatives Solo Q has compared to SWFs is that dance Solo Q survivors have on deciding whether or not they should be the one going for the rescue. It's frustrating to be on the receiving end of that as the hooked person, and it's frustrating not knowing if your team-mates are going for the unhook or not. Release it without the killer aura stuff first potentially if people think it's too strong - it's just removing that awkward unknown/time waste around making the decision to rescue or not.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090190#Comment_3090190

    You are just trying to twist my words and aren’t even consistent with it („positives and negatives“ but also „not solving any problems“?)

    i don’t think Bond and Kindred should be completely basekit in their current state as they give too much information, which would also make many other perks pointless. Also the most important informations can be brought in other ways such as the already from dev side talked about action icons.

    SWF don’t actually have built in Bond/Kindred. They have communication and coordination, which isn’t the same as constant accurate aura reveals.

    I really wasn't. It just seemed like you were trying to play both sides of the argument.

  • @TheLastHook said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3087657#Comment_3087657

    Why not though? that´s what they get with SWF and Discord. Among other things.

    the aura reading on kindred for killer is too precise. while yes, technically swf can tell which general direction a killer is going when leaving the hook, SWF can give information on general location where a killer is, but not the exact location every second.

    base-kit bond or base-kit kindred aura reading would be much better than Icons.

    the only concern with such a change is that most killer do not have strong enough powers to really face a strong 4 man swf and giving solo these perks will make every game be comparable to 4 man swf(at each respective MMR). I don't think its too bad for low-level and middle level swf, but for high-level, a lot of killer might become a little sad to play.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3087816#Comment_3087816

    the aura reading on kindred for killer is too precise. while yes, technically swf can tell which general direction a killer is going when leaving the hook, SWF can give information on general location where a killer is, but not the exact location every second.

    base-kit bond or base-kit kindred aura reading would be much better than Icons.

    the only concern with such a change is that most killer do not have strong enough powers to really face a strong 4 man swf and giving solo these perks will make every game be comparable to 4 man swf(at each respective MMR). I don't think its too bad for low-level and middle level swf, but for high-level, a lot of killer might become a little sad to play.

    It's not the only aura perk you gain as SWF, you can also coordinate perks beforehand, coordinate hits and flashlight rescues, swap flashlights with members to confuse the killer, etc.

    For example, Insidious gets totally nullified without reading aura.

    The advantage of SWF is huge. Much more than people think, even in noob teams.

  • No auras should be basekit, and specifically turning existing perks into basekit effects is never going to happen (unfortunately for Shattered Hope).

    But I agree that survivors do need more information about what other survivors are doing.

  • @TheLastHook said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090281#Comment_3090281

    It's not the only aura perk you gain as SWF, you can also coordinate perks beforehand, coordinate hits and flashlight rescues, swap flashlights with members to confuse the killer, etc.

    For example, Insidious gets totally nullified without reading aura.

    The advantage of SWF is huge. Much more than people think, even in noob teams.

    its definitely huge advantage. like for example, if someone finds your devour hope/hex totem in soloq, the other 3 survivors might not to know about it, but in swf, everyone knows where your totem is as soon as single person finds it. your perks are also really easily scouted, like you can use enduring spirit fury once and suddenly everyone starts putting pallets down early on every subsequent chase.

    what I will say is that information is less powerful the lower MMR survivor is. Like keep in mind that many SWF that low-middle MMR do not really escape more than in comparison to high MMR solo players. Information is only as powerful as the person that uses it and in the end, you still need to be good at using the information to your advantage. so contrary to @Jarky post, survivors that are bad at looping and do not use information correctly will still lose to the killer. As i said, all the perks do is bridge SWF with solo. It gives solo equal opportunity to do same gameplay as that SWF could do.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090303#Comment_3090303

    its definitely huge advantage. like for example, if someone finds your devour hope/hex totem in soloq, the other 3 survivors might not to know about it, but in swf, everyone knows where your totem is as soon as single person finds it. your perks are also really easily scouted, like you can use enduring spirit fury once and suddenly everyone starts putting pallets down early on every subsequent chase.

    what I will say is that information is less powerful the lower MMR survivor is. Like keep in mind that many SWF that low-middle MMR do not really escape more than in comparison to high MMR solo players. Information is only as powerful as the person that uses it and in the end, you still need to be good at using the information to your advantage. so contrary to @Jarky post, survivors that are bad at looping and do not use information correctly will still lose to the killer. As i said, all the perks do is bridge SWF with solo. It gives solo equal opportunity to do same gameplay as that SWF could do.

    IMHO, no. SWF should be at the Solo level.

    SWF is for fun, not to abuse. But people see a chance to cheat, they use it. While claiming it's not cheating because devs don't declare it like so.

    Then people complain about Bubba, Nurse, Nightfall, Tunneling, Camping, Tana, Ruin, DH, etc.

  • @TheLastHook said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090321#Comment_3090321

    IMHO, no. SWF should be at the Solo level.

    SWF is for fun, not to abuse. But people see a chance to cheat, they use it. While claiming it's not cheating because devs don't declare it like so.

    Then people complain about Bubba, Nurse, Nightfall, Tunneling, Camping, Tana, Ruin, DH, etc.

    Please don’t spread misinformation.

    SWF and voice comms are not cheating. That’s not debatable.

    and it’s literally impossible to bring SWF to solo level.

  • @TheLastHook said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090321#Comment_3090321

    IMHO, no. SWF should be at the Solo level.

    SWF is for fun, not to abuse. But people see a chance to cheat, they use it. While claiming it's not cheating because devs don't declare it like so.

    Then people complain about Bubba, Nurse, Nightfall, Tunneling, Camping, Tana, Ruin, DH, etc.

    We explained this multiple times, using voice communication is not cheating, as much as you don't like it, it's not going to be ever considered cheating.

    Please avoid spreading misinformation about it, since this is not the first time you posted about it.

  • @Rizzo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090357#Comment_3090357

    We explained this multiple times, using voice communication is not cheating, as much as you don't like it, it's not going to be ever considered cheating.

    Please avoid spreading misinformation about it, since this is not the first time you posted about it.

    It will always be cheating for me, I have clarified what developers say/think and the official stand on this is clear.

    Still, I am an adult and I cannot be convinced without real arguments. I understood devs and BHVR allow for it and that we have (arguably) agreed to tolerate it. But for me as an individual, it's still cheating, we can call it using some other word and lie to ourselves but it is what it is.

    Deep inside everyone knows that.

    But sure, I'll make it more explicit, it's not the official stand but my only opinion. And I will avoid the topic for a while since I think I made my point clear.

    No need to repeat myself. Please, let's also remind people that tunnel, Nurse and camping are also not cheating and perfectly valid strategies. There are far more threads on that topic than my opinion on SWF.

  • 91792913-2B76-4ABF-B1D2-DDFBA419D1BF.gif

    Some people..

  • As it was confirmed in the past,voice communication will always be in this game,this is why soloq needs the same sort of communication and it will still not be at a swf potential level.

    Because in SWF,you can choose your teammates,if you go againts 4 god survivors,I dont think killer has a chance even with the current changes.

  • The biggest problem with voice comms is they give survivors extra information on what is happening with the other players in the game, but it doesn’t give extra information to the killer. The best way to equalize the benefits of voice comms is to create the survivor icons, and give them to all 5 players.

    This is the fair way to balance the information. Survivors can use the extra information to play the game more efficiently, and killers can use the extra information to play the game more efficiently.


  • @TheLastHook said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090321#Comment_3090321

    IMHO, no. SWF should be at the Solo level.

    SWF is for fun, not to abuse. But people see a chance to cheat, they use it. While claiming it's not cheating because devs don't declare it like so.

    Then people complain about Bubba, Nurse, Nightfall, Tunneling, Camping, Tana, Ruin, DH, etc.

    swf is not cheating. cheating is when you do an action is impossible to do for other players such as doing generator at 1000% speed or increasing survivors movement by 200%.

    nothing that swf does is impossible for solo to achieve. solo can play as well as swf. they just don't due info problem. you could say they're cheating because they're using voice coms to acquire extra information perks but dev don't really consider that cheating since swf is base-game mode in the game. SWF using voice chatting programs to play sweaty in dbd is not against the rules.

    it always makes you wonder when survivors say dbd is casual party game.... meanwhile all that try harding.

  • @TheLastHook said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090378#Comment_3090378

    It will always be cheating for me, I have clarified what developers say/think and the official stand on this is clear.

    Still, I am an adult and I cannot be convinced without real arguments. I understood devs and BHVR allow for it and that we have (arguably) agreed to tolerate it. But for me as an individual, it's still cheating, we can call it using some other word and lie to ourselves but it is what it is.

    Deep inside everyone knows that.

    But sure, I'll make it more explicit, it's not the official stand but my only opinion. And I will avoid the topic for a while since I think I made my point clear.

    No need to repeat myself. Please, let's also remind people that tunnel, Nurse and camping are also not cheating and perfectly valid strategies. There are far more threads on that topic than my opinion on SWF.

    imagine calling communication in a game about teamwork cheating xD what are you on

  • @tamsmi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090435#Comment_3090435

    imagine calling communication in a game about teamwork cheating xD what are you on

    "a game about teamwork" and "love"

    LMAO. You almost got me, almost.

    Well mate, let´s not calling it cheating I did not meant to offend Survivors, let´s say that SWF and Discord gives you an edge against Killers, right?

  • @Adaez said:

    I think survivors would play a lot better if bond and kindred was basekit.

    I think the biggest problem most survivors are is the lack of communication and information.

    If these perks we're basekit and BHVR also added a way for soloq survivors to communicate with each other,there would be no difference betwen soloq and swf if survivors also played well enough,

    Bond no...

    Kindred Yes...

  • @TheLastHook said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3092169#Comment_3092169

    "a game about teamwork" and "love"

    LMAO. You almost got me, almost.

    Well mate, let´s not calling it cheating I did not meant to offend Survivors, let´s say that SWF and Discord gives you an edge against Killers, right?

    as a huntress main, nothing infuriates me more than when i go for a bbq snipe and the one im going for moves right as i raise the hatchet. so ill meet you half way and say it is definitely more challenging. gotta play a little more unexpectedly

1 2 ›