Killer is easy mode now

I have been playing around 40 Killer matches since the new patch. Every Killer in rotation with average Addons and 1 slowdown perk. These Kids cant reach endgame at all. This is not even fun anymore, it feels like I play against bots.

And no, Im not low MMR. I was always 4king 80% of my matches before but I actually had to bring some meta, sweat and work for it.

Now I dont use meta, dont sweat and just chill while hearing to music.

Comments

  • @Header said:

    got destroyed in my first game of the patch so idk about that

    how?!

  • I didn’t struggle too much before this patch so this is definitely ez mode. I guess it gives me more opportunity to try killers that I don’t enjoy playing usually

  • @drsoontm said:

    I believe the MMR was wrong yesterday (and maybe today too)

    I got beginners after beginners against my main. It was not pretty. I could down them without even blinking.

    My Huntress got one decent team to verse (above 2K hours range)

    In 2-3 days every surv will be in low mmr. You’ll see 10 hours killers against 6.000 hours survs each. And probably the killer will win anyway

  • @MrsGhostface said:

    I didn’t struggle too much before this patch so this is definitely ez mode. I guess it gives me more opportunity to try killers that I don’t enjoy playing usually

    Which in itself sounds good but on grand sheme its wrong approuch of game design. Should have tweaked just the F tier killers 1st and continued from there

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3075167#Comment_3075167

    Even otz or Tru don't win 80% of the time. Your numbers don't sound very realistic. They sound made up and if you can't handle someone poking holes in your logic don't open a discussion.

    Yeah, you never like to flat out call someone a liar, but people are always saying stuff on the internet.

    As for the topic, things are just shaking out right now, and will be for a while. I played a few games of killer yesterday, and they didn't go markedly different than before, save for the bliss of not being DH'd a single time, but the sample size is way too small to tell anything yet.

    My surv games were a touch harder, but I was also trying new loadouts. Gens were slower, but not massively so. But again, sample size.

  • @JibbyNeutron said:

    I have been playing around 40 Killer matches since the new patch. Every Killer in rotation with average Addons and 1 slowdown perk. These Kids cant reach endgame at all. This is not even fun anymore, it feels like I play against bots.

    And no, Im not low MMR. I was always 4king 80% of my matches before but I actually had to bring some meta, sweat and work for it.

    Now I dont use meta, dont sweat and just chill while hearing to music.

    I disagree. My games as Killer are MUCH harder now.

  • you lost a lot of skill overnight then. Imagine having harder games with all those basekit buffs on Killer

  • @Turtlesrock said:

    The issue right now is a few things

    1) Survivors that were high because of DH. That perk was called a boosted perk for a reason. The amount of times I have seen survivors unable to loop is unreal atm. Even my friends who used DH say its harder without it. DH also extended chases by about 30 seconds if used right, which was almost half a gen per player, which really made "gen rushing" feel like a thing.

    2) Everything is new and people haven't adapted yet. This happens in a lot of games and even IRL. Everything meta changed so many players have to change everything up to something new

    3) I'm not sure why people arent talking about this one... Survivor got the bonus 100% BP incentive. I have seen a lot of P0 or low Prestige survivors lately. I think a lot of people who arent survivor mains are seeing that and jumping into survivor as well and not being the best at it and dying easily.

    Youre right! So many survs i caught being greedy cause they used dh. Then they dc. Prob came to the forums saying "yo this patch sucks its so killer biased"

  • @JibbyNeutron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3075417#Comment_3075417

    My download speed is good enough for normal content consumption. Not enough for 4k videos. Uploud speed is abysmal and is only really enough for minimal uploud stuff like gaming. Uplouding actual content not only takes forever but also crumbles download speed and makes gaming during that time impossible. German internet is just dogshid and cant change it

    Well, then just upload the videos when you aren't gaming.

  • What do you mean? This is completely balanced and fair! /s (thats basically all my killer games btw)

    20220720214654_1.jpg 20220720214726_1.jpg


  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3075431#Comment_3075431

    Well, then just upload the videos when you aren't gaming.

    I have a family who are heavily using internet. Especially my kids. Dont try to give me advice im not dumb moron

  • @JibbyNeutron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3075561#Comment_3075561

    I have a family who are heavily using internet. Especially my kids. Dont try to give me advice im not dumb moron

    Do it at night, then, when everyone's asleep and not using internet.

  • I've been winning most of my games too, but that's mostly the same as before patch, it's just a matchmaking issue because I do occasionally get tough games.

  • @JibbyNeutron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3075487#Comment_3075487

    you lost a lot of skill overnight then. Imagine having harder games with all those basekit buffs on Killer

    It must be. But I am being honest, last 4K I made were 4 alive cocky Survivors healing on EGC and gates open, which takes more Skill than it seems haha.

  • @Lecruidant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3074811#Comment_3074811

    MMR hasn't been doing it's job. ######### are you on about. It's the single most frustrating thing in the world. I run around and do average 2-3 gens, go for unhooks, loop. But because i don't escape, the game thinks i'm dogshit and lowers my MMR. That killer that camped hook and tunneled on save? Yeah they go up in MMR. How does this make sense? At least the old system based your rating on actual gameplay. Red rank? You had to be doing on average 2 gens, 2 unhooks, 2 chases. Everyone knew the breakdown. And at least at that point, whether it be to climb rank or w/e, people were actively out doing things. Now it's just a clown fiesta

    I've been going on and on about how this so-called MMR is what's wrong with the game. Glad someone else realizes it too. The old match-making was sometimes inconsistent but it was better. They need to remove MMR and just hide the ranks in end game like they're doing now. A lot of these changes wouldn't even be needed if not for MMR.

  • @JibbyNeutron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3075417#Comment_3075417

    My download speed is good enough for normal content consumption. Not enough for 4k videos. Uploud speed is abysmal and is only really enough for minimal uploud stuff like gaming. Uplouding actual content not only takes forever but also crumbles download speed and makes gaming during that time impossible. German internet is just dogshid and cant change it

    It isn't just German internet. I live in the US and I get 25-40 down and 1.5-2 up. The problem is that 2Mbps upload will completely kill the download speed if it's being used. Works fine for playing games but I tried uploading one 15 minute video to YouTube. Took hours and was unable to even surf the web while it was doing so. Much less anyone in the house be able to use it as well.

  • @Moonras2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3075431#Comment_3075431

    It isn't just German internet. I live in the US and I get 25-40 down and 1.5-2 up. The problem is that 2Mbps upload will completely kill the download speed if it's being used. Works fine for playing games but I tried uploading one 15 minute video to YouTube. Took hours and was unable to even surf the web while it was doing so. Much less anyone in the house be able to use it as well.

    exactly this! You know my suffering and I know yours

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3075167#Comment_3075167

    Even otz or Tru don't win 80% of the time. Your numbers don't sound very realistic. They sound made up and if you can't handle someone poking holes in your logic don't open a discussion.

    They can't? Did all those 50 win streaks without perks or add-ons are lies?

  • @JibbyNeutron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3075561#Comment_3075561

    I have a family who are heavily using internet. Especially my kids. Dont try to give me advice im not dumb moron

    Oh, someone that plays KYF.

  • Didn't lost any match either except one and I played "bad" killers wraith, clown, freddy. You can win most games with very low effort it's not good at all . And lets be honest camping is strong now, I'm a bit lost without bbq sometimes I just don't know where to go and end up camping hooks, it's not very punishing to say the least

  • Killers are winning an most matches, like 9/10 or more. The worst part is that survivors in solo queue are flat out DCing often and the killers in those matches don't even relax a little bit even though they already got a free kill.

    The problem for me has absolutely nothing to do with DH or DS, I didn't use those in my builds. It is the increase of 10 seconds to every generator that was a major mistake. That needs to be reverted immediately. What were they thinking, nerfing the two biggest crutches for survivors at the exact same time as making the task more difficult to complete?

  • @kisfenkin said:

    Killers are winning an most matches, like 9/10 or more. The worst part is that survivors in solo queue are flat out DCing often and the killers in those matches don't even relax a little bit even though they already got a free kill.

    The problem for me has absolutely nothing to do with DH or DS, I didn't use those in my builds. It is the increase of 10 seconds to every generator that was a major mistake. That needs to be reverted immediately. What were they thinking, nerfing the two biggest crutches for survivors at the exact same time as making the task more difficult to complete?

    It kinda is the worst part short term but long term its good that Killers keep sweating all the time. Because BHVR can actually see those numbers of constant 4 kills at 4 gens left and revert these changes. I dont go easy as Killer myself for the exact same reason.

  • @AvengerBear said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3075196#Comment_3075196

    They can't? Did all those 50 win streaks without perks or add-ons are lies?

    They dont want to talk about this haha

  • @rvzrvzrvz said:

    Didn't lost any match either except one and I played "bad" killers wraith, clown, freddy. You can win most games with very low effort it's not good at all . And lets be honest camping is strong now, I'm a bit lost without bbq sometimes I just don't know where to go and end up camping hooks, it's not very punishing to say the least

    bro I played every Killer in rotation 4 times and havent lost once so far

1 2 ›