Sooooo....Stridor spirit is a thing again...
The update is online since 2 hours and I already encountered two spirits with stridor. I'm so happy to face that combo again :) This will be fun and fair :)
The update is online since 2 hours and I already encountered two spirits with stridor. I'm so happy to face that combo again :) This will be fun and fair :)
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Good. It doesn't make sense that the killer whose power revolves around audio cues, would have the perk that increases survivor sounds be completely useless on them.
Yup. Just got out of a game with her. She’s back, boys.
Some killers synergize well with certain perks. It makes sense and adds variety instead of using one singular meta build on all characters.
OMG I’m in another game with her RIGHT NOW!!!!
Is it fun? can you counter her at all?
I wish stridor was actually reworked to be usable on more than one killer
At this point if it means less nurse matches I’m cool with it
Oh no! One perk being somewhat usefull for 1 killer out of 28! Tragedy!
Also there is Lucky Break that counters even harder Spirit and it just got buffed. That will be balanced and fair as well for Spirit players :-)
At least Off the Record will help if a spirit is trying to tunnel you
It makes you completely silent
Thank you for reminding me about lucky break. Maybe I do have a chance after all.
I’m celebrating this ❤️❤️❤️
I missed survivors complaining about Spirit. It has been too long.
Amazing how quickly survivors fail the most basic kind of adversity: A more diverse killer pool.
And I’m over here thinking “hmm more people not wanting to take the time to learn how to play against her. Oh well, more free kills for me.”
Can we trade games so I can see her more often?
I've never used Iron Will.
Spirit is not too bad, imo, as her audio queue lets me know exactly where she is in most loops, particularly long loops which usually result in a forced pallet break.
I can see it being an issue without headphones, though, for sure.
I'm sorry sir but I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. I'm all for learning how to counter Spirt before when stridor was nerfed to not work on her (even though I disagreed with the change)
But with stridor Spirt is another level. If she can hear your every move with stridor and she is faster then you and invisible I don't think knowing where she is phasing will be effective especially if she has addons.
It wasn’t too bad. A little tough, but the last one was a nail biter. She took out two of us and me and 1 other escaped. First one was hard and I sacrificed myself twice to save a teammate from getting taken out too early. The counter is to listen very carefully to her phase and not to panic. You need cover though (pallet/window). Crouching helps a little. She’ll still be on top of your a$$, but at least you can bait out a whiff if you ended your tracks prematurely and broke line of sight.
Oh most def. You can have ALL my Spirit games if you want. Just a matter of time before the true Spirit mains return. I believe I’m just facing off against a few posers atm.
Good spirit players don't need stridor anyway,,now that iw is nerfed ,fairly so,hopefully she makes a comeback
Keep in mind you can hear Spirit, back when she was really dominant the survivors couldn’t hear where she was.
There's no reason to complain about stridor on spirit when you can just run the dcb add-on and know exactly where the survivors are
A good spirit has no counters when you are injured. They can hear everything it's not even a 50/50. It's more like 25/75 guess you will survive at a loop.
Then get mad at the perk not the killer.
True Spirit mains return? I never left.
Lolol
Maybe I'm completely overreacting. I haven't played yet so I'm not sure
Yeah as much as I am not looking forward to it, it will mean less Nurses
Honestly this is good for the game as a whole since Iron Will was kind of a badly designed perk. Survivors shouldn't have access to completely remove a way to track them unconditionally and without limits. It also means it's easier to balance killers around Iron Will not existing so that the game feels fair with or without the perk.
Worse case, Spirit happens to be too strong without Iron Will being prominent and gets nerfed.
You left for the artist and broke her heart afterwards. You trickster womanizer!!
Hope everyone has headphones with directional audio. She's counterable, but I sympathize with the gamers on tv speakers in a noise polluted environment.
Stridor Spirit probably isn’t that big a deal anymore because the game around those old SSs have changed. No more Ruin/Undying stacking. Or not likely.
Again I was never in love with Artist, I just find her fun.
I only played one game in new update and guess who killer was? Spirit.
I didn't last more than 3 minutes.
Then again, I was playing as Wild Bill Overbeck and his whiskey-cigarette grunts are a give away in the best of times Stridor or no Stridor.
Yay more diverse killers... oh wait my braindead one size fits all playstyle doesn't work... BOOOO... its boring and has no counter play nerf it!
In a nut shell.
You can use OTHER perks to counter her. Relax you had a long break from her so shes back.
It wasn't fair that Iron Will cancels out Stridor in the first place.
Stridor Spirit is mostly a Spirit who isn't running a better perk.
Stridor Spirit was mostly to counter Iron Will. Without Stridor, Iron Will was 100%. With Stridor, it was something like what Iron Will currently is.
While Iron Will isn't 100% anymore, there are perks that give 100% sound suppression (like OTR which you'll see constantly). Stridor still doesn't help with those and you don't need Stridor to track someone with Iron Will anymore.
Making the sounds louder also makes it more difficult to pinpoint exactly where the sound is coming from. If someone doesn't run Iron Will, you'll hear them from further away and will have a more difficult time pinpointing your phase.
It's probably just people trying it out thinking that the Iron Will nerf made Stridor Spirit viable in the same way it was. But I suspect people will have difficulty with it, think Spirit is just too hard, and then stop playing her again. Or they'll realize it's not very good and use a better perk.
It should have been the other way around and leave iron will alone
Good
Almost like making perks syngerize with anything has been a thing in this game since nurse was added
no, that's why people weren't playing Spirit.
No I mean stridor should have countered iron will
oh my bad
This is what I hoped to hear! I've been wanting to play Spirit for quite a long time and have had pretty minimal success in large part due to not being keen with the audio tracking and being averse to developing a dependency on her most powerful addons.
Also worth noting that a snazzy new skin just came out for her - which is probably going to cause a bit of an uptick in pickrate while folks enjoy it.
Do you really need them that much, though? After her changes, it's really hard to miss the audio when she is coming at you, unless she's moonwalking.
The IW nerf will help her tracking for sure, but a lot of the element of surprise is gone.
Meh I'm not gonna bother running it
thana legion and stridor spirit every game yay
The Iron Will nerf took care of that for you.