It is sad honestly

image.png

image.png image.png


image.png image.png

I still remember when billy was considered a strong killer

Comments

  • He was competing pretty well until his add ons were gutted and he got overheat. No wonder no one plays him anymore when blight is both better and easier

  • Unpopular opinion:

    Billy needed some kind of nerf and while they overdid it he is still in his current state a strong and viable killer - just has a higher skill floor and isn’t as effective as S-tier killers

  • @Mooks said:

    Unpopular opinion:

    Billy needed some kind of nerf and while they overdid it he is still in his current state a strong and viable killer - just has a higher skill floor and isn’t as effective as S-tier killers

    It's ok to be wrong, lol

  • I prefer a different approach:

    Untitled.png
  • @Mooks said:

    Unpopular opinion:

    Billy needed some kind of nerf and while they overdid it he is still in his current state a strong and viable killer - just has a higher skill floor and isn’t as effective as S-tier killers

    I somewhat agree. But the issue with him were his addons. When combined the charge time addons were pretty damn powerful. They overdid it though, by so much.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3063769#Comment_3063769

    I somewhat agree. But the issue with him were his addons. When combined the charge time addons were pretty damn powerful. They overdid it though, by so much.

    You know, this reminds me of a story. It is an Old DBD tale, of course, but it is still fresh in my mind.

    So there I was, playing Survivor on Old Shelter Woods against an Insta-Saw Billy. Said Billy was easily one of the best killer players I've ever seen: full P3 and extremely aggressive, barely gave us any time to do our objective.

    But us Survivors did not back down.

    We fought tooth and nail, really gave it our all. One could say that trial was a test of skill, in a way.

    In the end, only two of us escaped. A tie, by my standards, but damn it felt like a victory.

    At the time it was a victory to be proud of! Now it is a memory from a better time, and one that I hold dear.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    He was competing pretty well until his add ons were gutted and he got overheat. No wonder no one plays him anymore when blight is both better and easier

    I wonder if BHVR cares when its killer are being ignored by the players. The list is ever-increasing too.

    Yesterday I've wasted some time to get Deathslinger's "adept". I will probably never play him again after this.

  • @Mooks said:

    Unpopular opinion:

    Billy needed some kind of nerf and while they overdid it he is still in his current state a strong and viable killer - just has a higher skill floor and isn’t as effective as S-tier killers

    All he needed was insta-saw removed. Instead they butchered everything and broke his animations for the final nail in the coffin.

  • I remember the days of red ranks where you would play against hillbilly like 15 times in a row

  • Imagine making a great, balanced killer like Billy, nerfing him, and then making an even stronger killer (Blight) who has super broken addons that the devs won't touch.

    Experience BHVR balance.

  • The worst part is they won't even admit they made billy once the poster child of balance into a killer you go against once every 3 months. All he needed was instant saw changed that was it.

    They won't even say they overdid it, yet everyone even the survivors who hated him realized it was an awful nerf for no good purpose other than to make billy into a killer nobody plays. I love the developers, but this was one of the worst decisions they ever made in my opinion, one that they even now to this day, refuse to do anything about.

  • BHVR devs carefully crafting the most unnecessary balance changes known to man. (omegablink is still in the game btw)

    https://youtu.be/ojQB7PYaU28?t=56
  • @Mooks said:

    Unpopular opinion:

    Billy needed some kind of nerf and while they overdid it he is still in his current state a strong and viable killer - just has a higher skill floor and isn’t as effective as S-tier killers

    I agree and Ill add, most Hillbilly mains didnt even know how to play him, they just abused both instasaw addons for very easy instadowns, once those 2 disappeared they were forced to learn him but it was too hard so they switched to Forever Freddy.

  • Most balanced killer in the game got gutted and now no one plays him. Sadness.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3064273#Comment_3064273

    You know, this reminds me of a story. It is an Old DBD tale, of course, but it is still fresh in my mind.

    So there I was, playing Survivor on Old Shelter Woods against an Insta-Saw Billy. Said Billy was easily one of the best killer players I've ever seen: full P3 and extremely aggressive, barely gave us any time to do our objective.

    But us Survivors did not back down.

    We fought tooth and nail, really gave it our all. One could say that trial was a test of skill, in a way.

    In the end, only two of us escaped. A tie, by my standards, but damn it felt like a victory.

    At the time it was a victory to be proud of! Now it is a memory from a better time, and one that I hold dear.

    I have treasured memories like that. One was actually against old clown (back when I sucked) on the grim pantry. It was a hell of a ride, and only two of us escaped.

  • I don't know why they nerfed Billy in the first place. He was considered a strong but fair killer. If I lost to a Billy it was because I failed a 360 juke or I ran to a dead zone. I didn't feel bad. When people were complaining about other killers BHVR decided to gut the one killer that was like the standard for strong but balanced.

  • @Mooks said:

    Unpopular opinion:

    Billy needed some kind of nerf and while they overdid it he is still in his current state a strong and viable killer - just has a higher skill floor and isn’t as effective as S-tier killers

    You are completely correct on that one. The Nerf to Billy was well justified, people said that Billy was "the most balanced Killer" back in 2017, Killer became easier over the years. Clearly Billy is not "the most balanced Killer" anymore after all those years.

    @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3063769#Comment_3063769

    I somewhat agree. But the issue with him were his addons. When combined the charge time addons were pretty damn powerful. They overdid it though, by so much.

    Billy never needed Chargetime Add Ons to begin with. They should have never been a thing IMO.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    He was competing pretty well until his add ons were gutted and he got overheat. No wonder no one plays him anymore when blight is both better and easier

    If you would remove Overheat tomorrow, you wont see more Billy-players (in the long run). I think the main reason why he is not played that much is because he feels really clunky since they changed his animations and PoV. His super-huge Chainsaw-Hitbox is also not really helpful, while it makes hitting Survivors easier, it also makes hitting basically everything else easier.

    If they would have never changed his animations and PoV, you would see way more Billys, even with Overheat and nerfed Add Ons.

  • I miss old Billy and really respect people that still play him. He's a rarity these days but I get SO excited when I load into a match and hear his chainsaw. He was one of the strongest/best designed killers in the game before his unnecessary nerf.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3064302#Comment_3064302

    I have treasured memories like that. One was actually against old clown (back when I sucked) on the grim pantry. It was a hell of a ride, and only two of us escaped.

    It is always good to remember the old days, I'll tell you that.

    So many stories, all of them precious to me.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3063760#Comment_3063760

    If you would remove Overheat tomorrow, you wont see more Billy-players (in the long run). I think the main reason why he is not played that much is because he feels really clunky since they changed his animations and PoV. His super-huge Chainsaw-Hitbox is also not really helpful, while it makes hitting Survivors easier, it also makes hitting basically everything else easier.

    If they would have never changed his animations and PoV, you would see way more Billys, even with Overheat and nerfed Add Ons.

    I can agree with that. I never played billy much before the change so I can’t really say what it was like. Also I wonder why his cooldown add ons were removed when killers like huntress and even blight kept theirs

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3065132#Comment_3065132

    I can agree with that. I never played billy much before the change so I can’t really say what it was like. Also I wonder why his cooldown add ons were removed when killers like huntress and even blight kept theirs

    Cooldown-Add Ons were pretty bad, because they allowed to mess up a lot, because you could lower the Cooldown A LOT. Also, they probably did not want Billy to sprint full Map and be immediatly ready to Chainsaw again.

    When it comes to Billy before they changed his animations - he was a lot better to play. I mean, between their first change of animations and the actual Nerfs, there was a period where he had bugged animations (at least I hope that those were bugged), and he really felt horrible during this time. And I guess some Billy-players gave up on him during this period.

    But with the current animations, they are okish and if you run Shadowborn, they are decent. But he was way more smooth before those changes. The difference is basically night and day IMO.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3065152#Comment_3065152

    Cooldown-Add Ons were pretty bad, because they allowed to mess up a lot, because you could lower the Cooldown A LOT. Also, they probably did not want Billy to sprint full Map and be immediatly ready to Chainsaw again.

    When it comes to Billy before they changed his animations - he was a lot better to play. I mean, between their first change of animations and the actual Nerfs, there was a period where he had bugged animations (at least I hope that those were bugged), and he really felt horrible during this time. And I guess some Billy-players gave up on him during this period.

    But with the current animations, they are okish and if you run Shadowborn, they are decent. But he was way more smooth before those changes. The difference is basically night and day IMO.

    I think most of his add-ons were fine, if you consider the game back then (which I always do). Sure, they were powerful tools, but you had powerful tools of your own to fight back.