In my opinion, Artist is the second most fun killer to play as

I’ve been maining Artist since I returned to DBD from my 2-month break and I really enjoy her. I used to play her a lot when she came out but then got bored of her after some time. I got back into her and I gotta say I really forgot how fun and rewarding she is. If you haven’t tried her I definitely recommend giving her a shot.

Comments

  • She's fun it's also funny how many people DC when I have like 2 hours on artist

  • @INoLuv said:

    She is weak against hold w simulator braindead survs, easily countered, the nerf to the ptb artist was awful

    No it wasn’t awful. It just made her not a better Trapper and Hag. No killer should be completely overshadowing another killer.

  • I agree, some of her close range antiloop can be unfun but going for snipes is so satisfying

  • Gotta be the one in the profile pic, methinks...

  • I'll definitely try to give her another chance. While I understand in theory that she is strong, I can't for the life of me seem to use her power in a way that actually provides significant value. I'll need to watch some more videos/guides to see if I can figure her out.

  • I love the Artist! Once she came out and I tried her out, I definitely knew that she was my main. Before her I was hopping between Pig and Trapper a lot, which as you know are not the strongest of killers. She's so great because of her power and the counters she has to play against.

    I can see how some people hate to play against Artists because artist can be played in a very unfun way, but I try to go for spicy plays whenever I play here. Haven't played her in a little bit because I'm trying to get rid of flans and P1 everyone else, but I can't wait to get back playing her.

    I will say that if I'm tired or have played too many games in a row, I do get a little sloppy in how I play and miss some easy snipes, but other than that, I try to hone my skills with her. I tend to try and two hook everyone first, maybe killing someone when I reach 6 hooks if the gens are going too fast.

    I enjoy playing her kind of like Huntress where if they hold W, I just hit them with birds and then use a follow up shot that isn't in LOS so they can't dodge it (reason why I like her more than Huntress). The fact that you can pressure gens on the other side of the map while in chase is also why I love her. Plus, some of her best add-ons are her commons/uncommons so win win.

  • @Tranquil_Blue said:

    I'll definitely try to give her another chance. While I understand in theory that she is strong, I can't for the life of me seem to use her power in a way that actually provides significant value. I'll need to watch some more videos/guides to see if I can figure her out.

    If you're looking for artist main streamers Carniveris has like 6k+ bird downs and is fun to watch

  • She is superfun if you go for snipes.

    It's not the best way to play but god is it satisfying hitting a survivor crossmap while chasing another

  • Severed Hands proccing on all 4 survivors at once is music to my ears, great way to instill panic mode haha. Bird's nest is a good secondary in my eye's, if you're spot on with your dire crows, it will go up in value for me once the dead hard change comes next patch and not to be reliant on O Grief, O lover addon for exhaustion as much.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    I hate versing Poopy Lady with a passion. Nothing you say will ever convince me to purchase her or even consider playing as that vile thing. I hope all of her data on all of Behaviours equipment as well as players equipment gets corrupted and lost forever.

    I mean... there's different opinions for a reason, not everyone will be happy with all killers, that's not to say you should try her, just to say you played her, and you can either confirm your opinion or maybe you'll even enjoy her, but if not, that is also ok

  • Honestly I just find her boring. But then again I’m the idiot who finds Clown and Freddy fun to play so……

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Honestly I just find her boring. But then again I’m the idiot who finds Clown and Freddy fun to play so……

    Nothing wrong with enjoying killers you love c:

  • Fair enough. My only real issue with artist atm is DMS and PR on her but that is being nerfed soon anyway. Otherwise she’s a balanced albeit annoying to fight

    Also her lack of cosmetics though the community one chosen looks great!

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3063315#Comment_3063315

    Fair enough. My only real issue with artist atm is DMS and PR on her but that is being nerfed soon anyway. Otherwise she’s a balanced albeit annoying to fight

    Also her lack of cosmetics though the community one chosen looks great!

    IMG_20220710_195043.jpg

    Think she looks pretty dope with the mask headpiece on any of her cosmetics imo, but won't complain if they want to add more, especially love the upcoming community one.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Honestly I just find her boring. But then again I’m the idiot who finds Clown and Freddy fun to play so……

    Clown and Freddy are way more fun than Spirit and Artist. Just saiyan.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3063312#Comment_3063312

    Clown and Freddy are way more fun than Spirit and Artist. Just saiyan.

    No one’s more fun than Spirit.

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3062085#Comment_3062085

    I mean... there's different opinions for a reason, not everyone will be happy with all killers, that's not to say you should try her, just to say you played her, and you can either confirm your opinion or maybe you'll even enjoy her, but if not, that is also ok

    I agree with you and I hold no grudge against others for liking her, it's just I will never do such a thing. I don't need to try her to know I will hate it. I dislike everything about her. I dislike her design and I hate hate hate the sounds she makes. Every time I hear it I am like Noooooooooooooo! Its worse than nails on a chalkboard. If I had to play her, listening to her cawing all the time, I'd uninstall the game.

    It's not to say the Devs did a bad job with her. I think they did a good job with everything about her, she's just not for me.

    They just need to hurry up with a killer that's just a cute little black cat that jumps at survivors faces and I'll never stop playing killer.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3063312#Comment_3063312

    Clown and Freddy are way more fun than Spirit and Artist. Just saiyan.

    I agree personally but I can see why people find them fun. Nothing beats a perfectly executed bottle throw or teleport mindgame though

  • Weirdly, she is a killer that I love playing because I tend to enjoy the ranged killer playstyle, but dislike going against due to how effectively she can trap a loop with her crows. Although I mainly play her in a sniper way and both the Charcoal Stick and Velvet Fabric add-ons help me out with that.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Play Pyramid Head instead, he's like Artist but actually fun ✨

    And actually has a good rear.

    image.png


  • Artist is cool but I don't think she is 2nd for me. She is A tier probably when it comes to "Fun to play as".

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    Artist is cool but I don't think she is 2nd for me. She is A tier probably when it comes to "Fun to play as".

    I’m sure you know who first is

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3063293#Comment_3063293

    I agree with you and I hold no grudge against others for liking her, it's just I will never do such a thing. I don't need to try her to know I will hate it. I dislike everything about her. I dislike her design and I hate hate hate the sounds she makes. Every time I hear it I am like Noooooooooooooo! Its worse than nails on a chalkboard. If I had to play her, listening to her cawing all the time, I'd uninstall the game.

    It's not to say the Devs did a bad job with her. I think they did a good job with everything about her, she's just not for me.

    They just need to hurry up with a killer that's just a cute little black cat that jumps at survivors faces and I'll never stop playing killer.

    We have Victor...oh, I see your point, lol

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3063293#Comment_3063293

    I agree with you and I hold no grudge against others for liking her, it's just I will never do such a thing. I don't need to try her to know I will hate it. I dislike everything about her. I dislike her design and I hate hate hate the sounds she makes. Every time I hear it I am like Noooooooooooooo! Its worse than nails on a chalkboard. If I had to play her, listening to her cawing all the time, I'd uninstall the game.

    It's not to say the Devs did a bad job with her. I think they did a good job with everything about her, she's just not for me.

    They just need to hurry up with a killer that's just a cute little black cat that jumps at survivors faces and I'll never stop playing killer.

    I like her noises :) she also has unique noises which she makes when dropping down from a height

  • @GannTM said:

    I’ve been maining Artist since I returned to DBD from my 2-month break and I really enjoy her. I used to play her a lot when she came out but then got bored of her after some time. I got back into her and I gotta say I really forgot how fun and rewarding she is. If you haven’t tried her I definitely recommend giving her a shot.

    How do you play her? do you have a guide? can you show?

  • She's definitely top 5 most fun for me, getting a feel for crow sniping and damaging/downing survs from distance (especially during chase) with predictive tracking is immensely gratifying. Reminds me of PH (one of my other top 5) a little in that way.

    Can be pretty miserable to face as a surv, though.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3063312#Comment_3063312

    Clown and Freddy are way more fun than Spirit and Artist. Just saiyan.

    Freddy's fun level is somewhere just between root canal and waterboarding.

1 2 ›