Body-blocking at hook

Since when can killers also body-block at hooks? I had to watch a teammate die because I couldn't move and I wasn't getting the unhook prompt no matter what I did.

IG.png

The green arrow shows the killer, this is the only angle that wasn't from inside of the wall.

Comments

  • Is that Mother's Dwelling? I've had a Wraith bodyblock the hook there, at a maze tile I believe.

  • A perfect example of killers huge hitboxes being overly intrusive, lost track of the number of times I've dead harded or juked at a pallet and were both literally touching the pallet standing next to it and I can't interact with it because the devs decided that's how the mechanics should work. A brilliant idea when survivors are struggling to loop a power role that is faster and has better tools in the chase.

  • @eleventbh said:

    Is that Mother's Dwelling? I've had a Wraith bodyblock the hook there, at a maze tile I believe.

    Yes, it is. I get it when you corner yourself and you get body-blocked but at a hook? Like, come on.


    @socalfusions said:

    A perfect example of killers huge hitboxes being overly intrusive, lost track of the number of times I've dead harded or juked at a pallet and were both literally touching the pallet standing next to it and I can't interact with it because the devs decided that's how the mechanics should work. A brilliant idea when survivors are struggling to loop a power role that is faster and has better tools in the chase.

    Yea, I don't understand why his hitbox would block the unhook prompt. He literally made us all stand there until she died on hook.

  • That's 1 up for the killers. A billion more and we'll be even.

  • @Viridyan said:

    That's 1 up for the killers. A billion more and we'll be even.

    I play killer and don't need to resort to petty actions to win.

  • @Phantom_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3043108#Comment_3043108

    I play killer and don't need to resort to petty actions to win.

    Good for you, some of us like to play with our food.

  • sadly its still ingame and used by killer.

    20221115135439_1_ano.jpg


  • I know in the early times you could do that with every hook but I do believe this is a bug/oversight on some hooks and you should report it to the devs

  • It has been a thing for as long as I can remember. The survivor hitbox can "slide" when they cancel an unhook attempt, meaning a killer can push the survivor out of the unhook zone and put their hitbox in between the survivor and the hook. Then it's just a matter of blocking the survivor from re-entering the unhook area. An experienced killer will usually be able to deny a solo unhook if they want, either via hitbox collision or grab timing.

    Survivors need to make sure they start unhooks from the front of the hook if they're trying a contested solo unhook. Otherwise the killer will push you out if they know what they're doing. Your hitbox can get pushed any time you cancel the grab animation.

  • Tbh most of the blocking at hook is caused by survivors kneeling in front of the hook trying to stop Killers from hooking.

  • @SiaOiz said:

    Tbh most of the blocking at hook is caused by survivors kneeling in front of the hook trying to stop Killers from hooking.

    Does that still work? I recently tried it and the killer managed to hook.

  • @Viridyan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3043140#Comment_3043140

    Good for you, some of us like to play with our food.

    Spoken like a true psychopath, well played.

  • @Phantom_ said:

    Since when can killers also body-block at hooks? I had to watch a teammate die because I couldn't move and I wasn't getting the unhook prompt no matter what I did.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/14J9INBRJJDZ/ig.png

    The green arrow shows the killer, this is the only angle that wasn't from inside of the wall.

    But the killer is far seems how is bodyblocking.

  • if the hook is in an edge and the killer is standing in an exact position, the remaining survivors dont get an unhook promt and cant do nothing until the killer moves.

    the official statement from bhvr support i got: "we must make you aware that Bodyblocking the hook is not considered to be a punishable offence."

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3265505#Comment_3265505

    Does that still work? I recently tried it and the killer managed to hook.

    Yes it did with me yesterday.

  • @Nirgendwohin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3265811#Comment_3265811

    if the hook is in an edge and the killer is standing in an exact position, the remaining survivors dont get an unhook promt and cant do nothing until the killer moves.

    the official statement from bhvr support i got: "we must make you aware that Bodyblocking the hook is not considered to be a punishable offence."

    In that case they are contracting themselves as the reporting guidelines have body blocking as a reportable offence.

  • Survivors also try blocking when a Killer had downed one survivor and is trying to carry them to hook so the Survivor is dropped.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It has been a thing for as long as I can remember. The survivor hitbox can "slide" when they cancel an unhook attempt, meaning a killer can push the survivor out of the unhook zone and put their hitbox in between the survivor and the hook. Then it's just a matter of blocking the survivor from re-entering the unhook area. An experienced killer will usually be able to deny a solo unhook if they want, either via hitbox collision or grab timing.

    Survivors need to make sure they start unhooks from the front of the hook if they're trying a contested solo unhook. Otherwise the killer will push you out if they know what they're doing. Your hitbox can get pushed any time you cancel the grab animation.

    Good to know. Thanks for the info.

  • @SiaOiz said:

    Survivors also try blocking when a Killer had downed one survivor and is trying to carry them to hook so the Survivor is dropped.

    Do you not understand that the Killer is blocking the prompt so the Survivor has no way to unhook?

    The Killer has options while carrying a Survivor to a hook, both Survivors have ZERO in this situation.

    It's not that difficult to understand.

  • lmao thats not blocked, we can litteraly see the huge space you have towards your right, also there is a second survivor behind...

  • @Tizzle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3266109#Comment_3266109

    Do you not understand that the Killer is blocking the prompt so the Survivor has no way to unhook?

    The Killer has options while carrying a Survivor to a hook, both Survivors have ZERO in this situation.

    It's not that difficult to understand.

    its still just as annoying, however its a viable technique.

  • @Terion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3266942#Comment_3266942

    its still just as annoying, however its a viable technique.

    I don't believe that it is. The complete inability to unhook was never intented, and an earlier (much earlier) dev stream showed that the hook was now able to be used from all angles, so the killer blocking the front wouldn't stop them. In these cases the survivors should still have been able to unhook from next to the victim, even if the killer is standing right there.

  • @socalfusions said:

    A perfect example of killers huge hitboxes being overly intrusive, lost track of the number of times I've dead harded or juked at a pallet and were both literally touching the pallet standing next to it and I can't interact with it because the devs decided that's how the mechanics should work. A brilliant idea when survivors are struggling to loop a power role that is faster and has better tools in the chase.

    I agree but for different reasons than yours. Killer's not OP, specifically because of stuff like this. They have to go around a loop far more times to catch a survivor because they can't cut it as efficiently, and the killer's huge hitbox make them easily stunnable, no timing required or nothing. I would absolutely be for reducing the hitbox size in future.

  • @Terion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3266942#Comment_3266942

    its still just as annoying, however its a viable technique.

    It's the small upside to the downside of getting pallet stunned and body blocked from a survivor 5 feet away.

  • @Viridyan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3043140#Comment_3043140

    Good for you, some of us like to play with our food.

    Brother's gotta keep LARP alive

  • @Phantom_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3043108#Comment_3043108

    I play killer and don't need to resort to petty actions to win.

    I mean, if you want to be technical, 360-ing is an exploit that has never been fixed. So a killer being able to bodyblock a hook, while scummy is just them using an exploit

  • If you find any hook where the killer can block so that the survivors are unable to get the "uhook" prompt, please make a bug report showing the location - screenshot of the hook placement, so that our team can take care of it, thank you.