Every killer doesn’t need to be competitive
Its silly how with every killer released or every new set of killer/survivor perks the first thing the masses do is complain about how they aren’t up to par with whatever the meta of the game is and how they pale in comparison to other content in the game.
Not everything needs to be super powerful. In shooters not every weapon has the same effectiveness. In a racing game, all cars aren’t the same in terms of power, handling, drivetrain, etc. Street Fighter releases DLC with characters that are more niche, technical, or more just for fun. If you play Madden online you’ll find people using Arizona or Oakland or the Bills instead of everyone using Kansas City or the Rams.
If youre playing in a tournament then fine, run Billy or Nurse and destroy the survivors. For every day play though, what’s wrong with a unique killer with a fun power? I’m a killer main and my favorite killers are Leatherface, Trapper, and Clown. Three killers that have flaws and aren’t the best in the game. But they’re fun to use. I could main Billy or Nurse on Xbox and destroy, but I find them boring.
Youre going to be very disappointed if you’re going in to all of the new DLCs expecting killers that will shake up the meta. Just buy it if it looks interesting, or don’t, and don’t worry about whether or not you’ll be able to 4k every match.
Not everything needs to be super powerful. In shooters not every weapon has the same effectiveness. In a racing game, all cars aren’t the same in terms of power, handling, drivetrain, etc. Street Fighter releases DLC with characters that are more niche, technical, or more just for fun. If you play Madden online you’ll find people using Arizona or Oakland or the Bills instead of everyone using Kansas City or the Rams.
If youre playing in a tournament then fine, run Billy or Nurse and destroy the survivors. For every day play though, what’s wrong with a unique killer with a fun power? I’m a killer main and my favorite killers are Leatherface, Trapper, and Clown. Three killers that have flaws and aren’t the best in the game. But they’re fun to use. I could main Billy or Nurse on Xbox and destroy, but I find them boring.
Youre going to be very disappointed if you’re going in to all of the new DLCs expecting killers that will shake up the meta. Just buy it if it looks interesting, or don’t, and don’t worry about whether or not you’ll be able to 4k every match.
Comments
Though I prefer killer buffs because I play survivor as well and if anything I do takes any longer than it already does, survivor will not be fun at all to play. Survivors need to be fast as they are, and killers need to be able to keep up. The only killer in the game that has an unrelenting presence is Myers. Evil Within III is the scariest part of the game no doubt.
ok i am pretty sure you are from devs team but ok. You see they are different between a killer how can kill and tier 1 killer with 4k in every game. That difference is how you use he/she power. For example, i main hag and i kill most survivors in a game ( if they don't play optimally) but only because i can use her ability to the fullest. The new killer can't kill or chase effectively because his/her power doesn't allow it. We as killers main ask for a power we can use to kill survivors, no 4k no 3k just to be able to kill. If he/she does not have this he/she just a better survivor with nothing special.
Things that change the meta make the game exciting. At the moment its pretty stagnant if we talk about competitive killers. Its been nurse forever and im really tired of that tbh.
And sure, not all killers have to be directly on the same powerlvl, but in DBD the difference of the killers powers is ridiculous
I don't think anyone's asking for a Nurse tier killer.
It's not exactly fun playing a killer that can't kill. Hell I play Wraith at rank 1 so I'm personally not crying for an insanely powerful killer.
I just want something that's whole basekit isn't based around survivor complaints (tunneling) and isn't punished for both using their ability (hello double stuns, needing 4 frenzy hits, oh and a useless new status effect that forces you to chase survivors backwards if you ever want someone to actually drop from it), and not using it (power drain on any normal hits).
On the plus side, this chapter has Jeff
so, it'll still sell like crazy.
The most common killer on Xbox since I last played is Pig. And Xbox has some very scary pig mains. I am one of them.
Since you're always facing competitive Survivors and only VERY few seem to try fun builds and gameplay styles, Killers need to be able to respond with actual good Killers.
I play every killer at rank 1, my favorite is Freddy though, Spirit is fun and so is doctor....to an extent, wearing the hallowed blight cosmetics and playing the doctor at the same time bring your fps down like CRAZY!!!
I play almost all of them at rank 1 since i had to switch to console and i'm missing a couple of dlcs.
Yeah the fps is an issue indeed, but i have fun with the doctor. I just wish survivors didn't get the lullaby notification when hitting the first skill check 😭
Edit: i'm committed to master the nurse on console. 😎
I don't think its about competition, I think its just about having a standard. People expect some kind of competent killer who isn't reliant on add ons to get a decent job done, or in the latest killer's case just flat out suck.
@Vietfox Yeah, lullaby really should be looked at a bit. If they made it so it only tells you lullaby is active once you get the first token it would be in a better spot. I never really run it much though because you know, totem spawns lol
Capcom also never listens to fan/pro feedback, balancing characters to try to make them all viable. Because of this, SFV is definitely not one of the best balanced SF games of all time. As a serious side note, most of the DLC chars in SFV are mid-top tier with several of them occupying the top spots.
Every genre you've listed has frequent balance patches when necessary, barring the game dying off.
The only thing worse than trying to justify things with blanket statements is being blatantly ignorant in the process.
Problem comes down to how the devs have "designed" this game (I put this in air quotes because bugs dictate balance more than numbers). Playing Killers have so much stacked against them with map distance and rng of pallets, hooks, hex totem placement, and gens and survivors on top of their strong perks that the only viable killers are high skill and high mobility. Also it's not as if the each survivor has to be really 'competitive' just sitting on a 1-2 gens will complete their objective, whereas killers have to find a survivor, chase and down a survivor, and hook a survivor and these actions even as effective as possible will not equal to 1 gen being done and the killer will have to do this a max of 12 times to get all 4 kills.
That said, making a weak and less viable killer is making an unfun killer that pretty much just watches the survivors do all the gens and escape while teabagging the exit gates saying gg.
At the same time buffing all killers will also make it very hard for solo players to enjoy the game. Maybe they could somehow nerf survivors or give killers a buff of varying levels depending on how many survivors are SWF. But even then, say three are SWF, that sucks for the one random survivor.
If anything in high ranks on Xbox it’s the survivors who rely on the tryhard setups. P3 female characters with adrenaline, flashlights, dstrike, SC, exhaustion perk, BT, the SWF factor is strong.
And yeah, some of the SFV DLC is mid tier at best, just proves my point. And yet people will still use those characters.
Not every killer needs to be Akuma or Cammy.
Im sorry but your could to maintain good fps on nurse and destroy players, please tell me more on how you could do this
All it takes is practice.
I tried to stay low rank for a little while this month after reset so that I can have fun with low tier killers with no good perks unlocked because afterall I paid for them.
So upon letting survivors win to derank I'd had a laugh with people in most games and just messed about and they've been grateful.
However along the way you meet some really toxic people. Despite clearly letting a team win a claudette player for example didnt seem to realize this and spammed the game after with "ez" and proceeded to gloat about how I was "bullied".
Didnt bother me because the rest knew she was an idiot, but I'm sure we've all been there in our early days, got wrecked by a toxic swf and then told to uninstsll and to go die afterwards for no reason.
People don't want to put up with that crap. So they feel that yes they need a strong killer.
If everyone was chill and friendly I think people wouldn't be as fussed. I can be ok losing with Doctor because I'll still be swimming in bloodpoints so I had fun.
However when you get toxic swf who lobby switch at thr last second and try to be as toxic as possible...well when that happens lets just say I'm glad that I'm using someone strong like Hillbilly or Hag.
your bloody right about freddy, I just started dcing every time I find freddy, over ######### 10
It's part of the formula that makes a killer fun. A missing part of that formula will make it unstable and the fun will fade.
What good is it to have a killer only good up to a certain rank, then keep being held down?
And with all these dlc powerhouses in the game, how many 7-3 matchups are there?
Not every killer needs to be at Nurse's power, but every killer should be viable.
Tournament and competitive play will always be loaded with the most broken elements of any game. Personally I welcome another unique killer that requires a challenge over someone like Billy that can easily dominate a match with very little skill required.
You can win with every killer if the survivors let you. I've seen Freddys win games. That doesn't mean he's strong. It just means the survivors aren't that great. Killers should be able to make more of their own plays, not rely on the skill level of survivors.
The problem with Legion isn't the fact he isn't close to being powerful like the Nurse or the Hillbilly. It's the fact he's simply weak. His power is fun to use but isn't going to do much to actually help you.
Killers can make plenty of their own plays. Jeebus, it’s adorable how far this “woe is me I’m a helpless killer!” is pushed.
Actually you don't. You can pip as survivor without doing a single gen AND dying. It's possible, though not advisable.
A Killer who can't Kill isn't a Killer.
There are exactly 3 top tier Nurse's on Xbox, I know their names but I'm not going to share them here (1 of them is a toxic #########, the other 2 are cool). Then there are good Nurse's, that's a small chunk. Every other Nurse I've played on Xbox is a baby. But it mostly comes down to people not wanting to put in the time to learn her. I played her exclusively for a week and got really good with her to the point I could consistently 3k/4k at rank 1 without Ruin. Some people that have played my Nurse when I'm on point might tell you I'm in the top tier with the others but I don't think I'm that good yet.
It's amazing that this even needs to be said. It's like saying that dry objects aren't wet.
That said, I've seen some terrible freddy's like me, and have been STOMPED by some high rank ones. Is he top tier killer? Nah. Is he fun and worth the time? Absolutely.
If the only reason a killer is playable when you put effort into them is if the survivors aren't that great, then there's an imbalance.
"EVERY KILLER DOESN’T NEED TO BE COMPETITIVE"
Your right, and currently there are more "Fun" killers than competent ones anyways. Let's keep following this path. See how it goes. I enjoy playing against the same 3 killers and as the same 3 killers at high ranks don't you? That's real "Fun"...
Im sorry but ive played on consoles for like 18years (probably 20) and I can assure you there's a huge skill cap increase when someone plays a game on PC vs playing on console.
Like playing on console sort of restrains you in a sense but playing on PC allows to get a a huge overall boost in experience and skill cap .
This is just a fact, I honestly feel like console killers/survivors play differently but definitely not as well as PC players.
Ive seen this same shift when I played games like L4D, L4D2, Team Fortress, gears of war, etc