Please dont match me with selfcare users especially after the patch

Title.

As if the current selfcare users arent hard enough to carry while they do it through sloppy. I'll have no chance to carry with longer gens and them self caring for longer

Comments

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039522#Comment_3039522

    Where on earth did you get those two ideas from? I think Self-Care is a bad perk. Now. On live servers. That's kind of why it had to get nerfed, its alternatives were already better and thus couldn't be buffed that hard without risking making them broken. "Not useless" does not, in any way, translate to "good". It translates to "not useless".

    As for solo queue, I don't think it's fine in general, I think it wasn't negatively affected by this patch unduly, because it wasn't. There's a gigantic difference between those two statements.

    ...Why do you think Self-Care being a bad perk means it needed a nerf? The way those concepts work in my brain, you're supposed to buff a bad perk, not make it worse.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039529#Comment_3039529

    Your logic: some alternatives are good, so lets nerf the bad one. ???????????????

    It was negatively affected in this patch, it is a fact.

    @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039529#Comment_3039529

    ...Why do you think Self-Care being a bad perk means it needed a nerf? The way those concepts work in my brain, you're supposed to buff a bad perk, not make it worse.

    It is one of the top three most run survivor perks throughout this game's entire history. It is a bad perk that a lot of people run, so if you want to get people to stop running it, your only real avenues are to buff its alternatives or nerf it directly. Since its alternatives are already better, some of them to a pretty staggering degree, buffing them is a very dangerous game; making nerfing it directly the smarter choice.

    If you buff Self-Care, more people will run it. That is the opposite of what is wanted here. You may disagree with that goal, but that is what this patch is for.

    As for solo queue being negatively affected in this patch, it is not a fact. Solo queue overall was improved, not denigrated.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039533#Comment_3039533

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039535#Comment_3039535

    It is one of the top three most run survivor perks throughout this game's entire history. It is a bad perk that a lot of people run, so if you want to get people to stop running it, your only real avenues are to buff its alternatives or nerf it directly. Since its alternatives are already better, some of them to a pretty staggering degree, buffing them is a very dangerous game; making nerfing it directly the smarter choice.

    If you buff Self-Care, more people will run it. That is the opposite of what is wanted here. You may disagree with that goal, but that is what this patch is for.

    As for solo queue being negatively affected in this patch, it is not a fact. Solo queue overall was improved, not denigrated.

    You are delusional if you think solo q was improved in this patch. Like I said this convo isnt going anywhere, you have your mind set on thinking self care needed a nerf and that solo q was improved so we just can agree to disagree.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039357#Comment_3039357

    You are objectively incorrect about the “majority of high MMR survivors are bad players”. You don’t get to the highest MMR brackets without being an excellent player. You’re simply only remembering times you lost and someone happened to have Self Care and forgetting the times you won and didn’t notice if someone had it.

    You are objectively incorrect about the “majority of high MMR survivors are bad players”

    Please don't use false quotes I never wrote. I wasn't referring to all players in the high MMR, just the selfcare users. And yes, in my personal experience (!!!), the majority of self-care users are bad. And if the MMR is working as intended, theoretically I should have a high MMR since I survive more often than I die.

    You’re simply only remembering times you lost and someone happened to have Self Care and forgetting the times you won and didn’t notice if someone had it.

    First of all, that's not true. Second, me surviving doesn't mean my mates were any good. I always look at my mates' perks. Sometimes people use trash perks and they're awesome. And sometimes it's the other way around.

    And if there are people here who like to play with selfcare and perform well, that doesn't mean that the majority of selfcare enthusiasts do, too.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039541#Comment_3039541

    You are delusional if you think solo q was improved in this patch. Like I said this convo isnt going anywhere, you have your mind set on thinking self care needed a nerf and that solo q was improved so we just can agree to disagree.

    You don't get to call me delusional and then call to "agree to disagree" lol.

    Basekit anti-tunnel that no longer requires hoping your teammate brought BT or isn't farming you is an improvement. Buffs to self-healing perks is an improvement. Buffs to certain information perks is an improvement. Buffs to personal anti-tunnel perks is an improvement.

    Buffs to Knock Out is a detriment. That's... basically the only thing that negatively affects solo queue specifically in this patch, I'm pretty sure I'm not forgetting anything there.

    I also don't think "self care needed a nerf" in general, I think (correctly) that if the goal is to stop people from using Self-Care (which it is), then the best tactic to achieve that goal is to nerf it.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039440#Comment_3039440

    Staying injured was already my go to, but now with iron will nerf I'm not up to hear the moaning 24/7 so i'll just use COH until that also gets nerfed again

    Oh iv never been one to run iron will so I just block out the moans or play a character it's not as annoying on 😂

    While being healthy would be nice I often dont have the luxury of time to do it, I'll bring a brown medkit for one heal and that's enough for me. Someone has to push the gens lol

    @Bartlaus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039467#Comment_3039467

    You are objectively incorrect about the “majority of high MMR survivors are bad players”

    Please don't use false quotes I never wrote. I wasn't referring to all players in the high MMR, just the selfcare users. And yes, in my personal experience (!!!), the majority of self-care users are bad. And if the MMR is working as intended, theoretically I should have a high MMR since I survive more often than I die.

    You’re simply only remembering times you lost and someone happened to have Self Care and forgetting the times you won and didn’t notice if someone had it.

    First of all, that's not true. Second, me surviving doesn't mean my mates were any good. I always look at my mates' perks. Sometimes people use trash perks and they're awesome. And sometimes it's the other way around.

    And if there are people here who like to play with selfcare and perform well, that doesn't mean that the majority of selfcare enthusiasts do, too.

    @dugman gonna kinda disagree here, I also feel and know when my team is being slow due to selfcare even if i win.

    It just holds the game back and nearly all players that run selfcare alone for healing aren't good player. We may have a different opinion on good, my good may be your "sweaty tryhard" but if I could avoid one thing in DBD itd be selfcare users

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039434#Comment_3039434

    Selfcare on it's own is hurting your team more than anything, at least run botany with it. But you can use medkits, inner healing etc. Which are the best ways to heal.

    Or... you can stay injured, you dont have to be constantly healthy. Let's say you selfcare just twice with sloppy active, that's 1 full gen you could of finished instead

    you can stay injured, you dont have to be constantly healthy

    This. Especially when the killer is busy with your mates in the distance. But I'm also the guy who would give the killer a hook for free if he could finish a gen for it.

  • I don't really lobby dodge all that much on either side, but may if I see claudettes. Or switch to crossplay off so I can chat with anyone. Be like "ey... who's running selfcare?" then peace out if anybody is LOL

    But even now its painful, even if they have botany knowledge bc all they want to do is heal any chance they get. And most of them won't do it unless they run to the edge of the map where they feel safe XD.

    This is going to be PAINFULLLLLLL.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039516#Comment_3039516

    Content creators, you mean like 3 of them, which were the cry babies get all their opinions from, watching videos instead of playing the game for themselves? True, maybe those content creators too.

    It was a bad idea for solo q, but like you've said before, you think solo q is fine, so it's not like this convo is going anywhere anyway, since you also think self care is a good perk.

    Excuse me, I may be a crybaby but I can come up with my own things to cry about

  • @Bartlaus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039467#Comment_3039467

    You are objectively incorrect about the “majority of high MMR survivors are bad players”

    Please don't use false quotes I never wrote. I wasn't referring to all players in the high MMR, just the selfcare users. And yes, in my personal experience (!!!), the majority of self-care users are bad. And if the MMR is working as intended, theoretically I should have a high MMR since I survive more often than I die.

    You’re simply only remembering times you lost and someone happened to have Self Care and forgetting the times you won and didn’t notice if someone had it.

    First of all, that's not true. Second, me surviving doesn't mean my mates were any good. I always look at my mates' perks. Sometimes people use trash perks and they're awesome. And sometimes it's the other way around.

    And if there are people here who like to play with selfcare and perform well, that doesn't mean that the majority of selfcare enthusiasts do, too.

    Sorry, I misread your precise wording in the quote. Here’s what you said

    From my 5 year DBD experience, selfcare users are mostly bad players because they waste time healing themselves every single time. Most people just don't know when to heal and when to spend time on a gen. I'm not saying they're all bad, but unfortunately the majority are.

    Thanks to the new hockey based MMR there a tons of bad players in the high MMR.


    And what I’m saying is the bold sections are objectively wrong. Literally 1/4 of the top players in the game use Self Care and there is zero chance they are “mostly bad players”. Likewise there’s no chance the top MMR brackets have “tons of bad players”. They’re just players you are assuming are bad because they’re apparently using loadouts you don’t like.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039440#Comment_3039440

    Staying injured was already my go to, but now with iron will nerf I'm not up to hear the moaning 24/7 so i'll just use COH until that also gets nerfed again

    Yeah, if people should start playing more CoH instead of Selfcare, they will definitely nerf it again. But at the moment Im not sure, if the selfcare enthusiasts give up their lovely perk.

  • It got nerfed because at higher levels it was being used very effectively.

    Not a hard concept to understand, if you're being paired with baby claudettes that don't use it well then you'd be better off complaining about MMR 🤷‍♂️ you know, if you truly don't belong with that claudette.

    But judging by some of these comments many people belong with that claudette.

  • @Bartlaus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039488#Comment_3039488

    Yeah, if people should start playing more CoH instead of Selfcare, they will definitely nerf it again. But at the moment Im not sure, if the selfcare enthusiasts give up their lovely perk.

    I've already seen at least 2 threads after this patch complaining about inner healing. People cant switch to other perks without those perks getting complained about too.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039488#Comment_3039488

    Oh iv never been one to run iron will so I just block out the moans or play a character it's not as annoying on 😂

    While being healthy would be nice I often dont have the luxury of time to do it, I'll bring a brown medkit for one heal and that's enough for me. Someone has to push the gens lol

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039547#Comment_3039547

    @dugman gonna kinda disagree here, I also feel and know when my team is being slow due to selfcare even if i win.

    It just holds the game back and nearly all players that run selfcare alone for healing aren't good player. We may have a different opinion on good, my good may be your "sweaty tryhard" but if I could avoid one thing in DBD itd be selfcare users

    I’m not saying that bad players don’t also use Self Care. I’m saying that the 1/4 of the top MMR players who do use Self Care are objectively not bad players so it’s clearly something that works well for high performing players who actually know how to use it well.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    It got nerfed because at higher levels it was being used very effectively.

    Not a hard concept to understand, if you're being paired with baby claudettes that don't use it well then you'd be better off complaining about MMR 🤷‍♂️ you know, if you truly don't belong with that claudette.

    But judging by some of these comments many people belong with that claudette.

    Did you get lost? This isn't a 'Nurse-Thread'. Judging by your post history you never play soloq so why even post here?

    Back to the topic: I, for myself, hope there will be lots of people still using Selfcare just for the sole reason soloq players will complain about it (and rightfully so) so it's gonna get buffed again in a patch or 2. The nerf is ridiculous and literally ONLY nerfs soloq. I have never seen anyone in a SWF run it. If I (or one if my mates) brings a healing perk in SWF its usually COH and after the buff probably Botany.

  • At this point in the the future self care is essentially throwing the game

    Better just use medkits or circle of healing if you want heals

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039434#Comment_3039434

    At this point is better to just bring COH or a medkit.

    I brought both when we played lmao

  • @FeelsBadMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039593#Comment_3039593

    Did you get lost? This isn't a 'Nurse-Thread'. Judging by your post history you never play soloq so why even post here?

    Back to the topic: I, for myself, hope there will be lots of people still using Selfcare just for the sole reason soloq players will complain about it (and rightfully so) so it's gonna get buffed again in a patch or 2. The nerf is ridiculous and literally ONLY nerfs soloq. I have never seen anyone in a SWF run it. If I (or one if my mates) brings a healing perk in SWF its usually COH and after the buff probably Botany.

    I post in many threads and I generally only duo, so i have 2 randoms in my games all the time.

    Feel free to attack my arguments though instead of betraying how butt hurt you are about previous interactions.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039142#Comment_3039142

    Self Care actually is currently the fifth most used perk at the highest MMR brackets, about 25% of the highest ranked survivor players use it. I suspect a lot of the really solid survivors who use it have it so they can partially heal at will during periodic moments where they can’t do anything else useful. Crouching mid chase at a loop seeing what the killer will do? Take that time to heal for a second. Waiting a second for a blocked generator? Heal a bit. And keep in mind I think this number was before the Haemorrhage change so there’s no risk of Sloppy Butcher messing it up.

    Basically the notion that only bad players use Self Care is definitely a myth. Just because there are players who misuse it doesn’t mean everybody does. Of course the nerf may change that, it’s being significantly slowed, so I bet a lot of its current users will reconsider.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/home/leaving?allowTrusted=1&target=https%3A%2F%2Fus.v-cdn.net%2F6030815%2Fuploads%2FJXJ2ZJOKQOUL%2Fperkusagebymmr-survivors-fullscreen.jpg

    The thing this overlooks is that circle of healing with SWF only needs to be run by one person. If you want the same effect with self care (albeit globally) it needs to be run 4 times. Plus solo survivors are more likely to run self care over circle and Claudette is a free character whereas Mikaela must be bought. For all these reasons this is why Self Cares usage is inflated and why Circle's are deflated. We also don't know how MMR works and how it gauges what is 'good' play and what isn't. BHVR have a reputation for being very selective about how stats are gathered so they can paint the narrative they want. Whether that's intentional or not I don't know but I know for a fact that their stats can be misleading.

    Personally I agree that the hate and bad reputation Self Care has is overdone, but the perk is without a doubt overnerfed. Simply removing the item efficiency part would have sufficed. I also agree that a lot of it's current users will reconsider and the people who are 'bad' will continue to use it.

  • I don't expect to see the new self care much. I think even newer players will see how bad it is.

  • @Slowpeach said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039281#Comment_3039281

    The thing this overlooks is that circle of healing with SWF only needs to be run by one person. If you want the same effect with self care (albeit globally) it needs to be run 4 times. Plus solo survivors are more likely to run self care over circle and Claudette is a free character whereas Mikaela must be bought. For all these reasons this is why Self Cares usage is inflated and why Circle's are deflated. We also don't know how MMR works and how it gauges what is 'good' play and what isn't. BHVR have a reputation for being very selective about how stats are gathered so they can paint the narrative they want. Whether that's intentional or not I don't know but I know for a fact that their stats can be misleading.

    Personally I agree that the hate and bad reputation Self Care has is overdone, but the perk is without a doubt overnerfed. Simply removing the item efficiency part would have sufficed. I also agree that a lot of it's current users will reconsider and the people who are 'bad' will continue to use it.

    • We do know how MMR works - if you escape your MMR goes up, if you don't it goes down. How much it goes up or down depends on your relative rating compared to your opponent.
    • Self Care being a generic perk isn't all that relevant when it comes to players in the top MMR brackets. Only about 1% of players are at the soft cap of 1700+, and I can virtually guarantee that they all play the game to such an extent that if they really prefer a different DLC perk to Self Care they would be using that instead. These people are choosing to use Self Care over other options not because Self Care is a starting perk but because they honestly like using it that much.
    • I do agree with you that the new PTB nerfed version of Self Care will probably make a lot of its current users reconsider it. On the other hand the Botany Knowledge buff might mean that the people who like using Self Care in combination with Botany might still be ok with the healing speed, so who knows? 🤷‍♂️ I think one thing to keep in mind is that while Self Care is really slow it's also really flexible. You don't have to worry about whether or not there's a Boon, and you can partially heal any time you have even a second or two of downtime without using up valuable tool charges. You can definitely spend too much time self healing with the perk, obviously, but I wouldn't be surprised if lots of little partial heals throughout a match add up to a nice time savings overall.


  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039547#Comment_3039547

    Sorry, I misread your precise wording in the quote. Here’s what you said

    From my 5 year DBD experience, selfcare users are mostly bad players because they waste time healing themselves every single time. Most people just don't know when to heal and when to spend time on a gen. I'm not saying they're all bad, but unfortunately the majority are.

    Thanks to the new hockey based MMR there a tons of bad players in the high MMR.

    And what I’m saying is the bold sections are objectively wrong. Literally 1/4 of the top players in the game use Self Care and there is zero chance they are “mostly bad players”. Likewise there’s no chance the top MMR brackets have “tons of bad players”. They’re just players you are assuming are bad because they’re apparently using loadouts you don’t like.

    Sry if I was kinda rude, that wasn't my intention. Actually, I dont hate the perk itself. But using Selfcare without other perks like Botanical Knowledge or a Med Kit is just a waste of time for me. If people just play with Selfcare like you described in your first post, I'm fine with that too.

    Literally 1/4 of the top players in the game use Self Care and there is zero chance they are “mostly bad players”

    From my experience, unfortunately yes. It is actually not difficult to get into high MMR. Either you have good mates in a SWF who boost you. Or you just play like an egomaniac in Solo Q, heal yourself for half the match and don't run the risk of getting killed.

    Unfortunately, there are enough bad players who don't belong in the high MMR. Maybe I exaggerated with tons of bad players, but since SBMMR there have been a lot more. Perhaps I should explain what I consider a good survivor to be.


    Good survivors:

    • prioritizing gens
    • helping their mates (unhook, heals)
    • stand a chase for at least 30 seconds
    • no trolling, no suicides, no antimate behaviour
    • not time wasting
  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039187#Comment_3039187

    Oof.

    Thank god they got such a disgustingly powerful meta perk under control, though.

    I think this nerf hurts killers more than survs. Less people running self care = less surv time flushed down the toilet.

    Yeah, you're gonna get some baby survs using it, but this should kill it dead at mid-high level.

  • @Bartlaus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039589#Comment_3039589

    Sry if I was kinda rude, that wasn't my intention. Actually, I dont hate the perk itself. But using Selfcare without other perks like Botanical Knowledge or a Med Kit is just a waste of time for me. If people just play with Selfcare like you described in your first post, I'm fine with that too.

    Literally 1/4 of the top players in the game use Self Care and there is zero chance they are “mostly bad players”

    From my experience, unfortunately yes. It is actually not difficult to get into high MMR. Either you have good mates in a SWF who boost you. Or you just play like an egomaniac in Solo Q, heal yourself for half the match and don't run the risk of getting killed.

    Unfortunately, there are enough bad players who don't belong in the high MMR. Maybe I exaggerated with tons of bad players, but since SBMMR there have been a lot more. Perhaps I should explain what I consider a good survivor to be.

    Good survivors:

    • prioritizing gens
    • helping their mates (unhook, heals)
    • stand a chase for at least 30 seconds
    • no trolling, no suicides, no antimate behaviour
    • not time wasting

    You say "it's not difficult to get into high MMR", but again, only about 1% of players are at the 1700+ soft cap. It's a lot more difficult than you think.

  • I, as a survivor,want to inflict other survivors with Broken sometimes.

  • The difference is at high MMR - players do not constantly self-care. Self-Care at high MMR is a last minute utility - and used mainly for EGC situations. Most high MMR players run Resilience and stay injured for the extra 9% - Self-Care is just there for those last minute or clutch saves. Low and Mid MMR is where you see the constant self-caring in the corner early-mid-and late game. The reason it was changed was to decrease it's usage in the early and mid-game as more teams at low to mid MMR were completing less gens and had less escapes the more Self-Care was brought due to the constant healing and those survivors not helping progress the match due to constantly hiding/healing.

    f9366bf3ebfbc0d24f1c4526d4419edb.png


  • Can someone explain to me why everything needs to be "balanced" using the top MMR of Killers vs SWFswhich is a small percentage over the massive amount of players who are solo q/mediocre/low-mid-tier? Did the devs say somewhere why the highest level people matter more than everyone else?

1 2 ›