Otz (obviously biased killer main /s) vs New DS

Comments

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3038172#Comment_3038172

    He's generally regarded as a wholesome and level headed high-profile player. While he is a Killer main, he tends to base most of his judgments on overall balance, and not strictly take sides in the us-vs-them debacle. If you are looking for absolutely no spice, some good gameplay, and some pretty objective opinions, he's good for that.

    Personally, I think he's too soft on calling anything OP or garbage. He also likes to utilize niche perks which sounds fun, but may give you the wrong idea when trying them out for yourself. He's been playing non-stop for years. This game is his job. He can use perks which might seem really neat in his hands that feel impossible to get value from in yours.

    Personally, I preferred Jott Scund, but he plays far less ever since Elden Ring came out.

    Scott actually returned recently. He has made some videos recently but I have not seen them, weekly compilations seem to be back and all.

  • Yeah as much as I like Otz I think this test isn't exactly fair. Like it's in a dead zone for one. Two they don't compare to the 5 second DS where honestly the better killers just crush them anyway.

    I mean the problem I have with current DS is two fold.

    1. You can still use it after someone else is hooked

    It's an anti tunnel perk not a pro trolling perk

    2. End game = free escape

    Which is addressed

    The really stupid thing though is they made OTR basically DS but better. It's like two different groups did the nerfs and buffs because what they say and do is different. Most infamously 'We don't like three health states so let's give them four or five'.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3038379#Comment_3038379

    Who is basing their opinions solely on Otz?

    Any examples?

    A ton of people. I remember there were not that many complaints about nurse right up until the point otz started saying she was gatekeeping the balance of the game. Also with everyone saying myers is the worst killer in the game because of his tier list.

  • @Sadako_Best_Girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3037799#Comment_3037799

    You guys really seem to hate otz for some reason. Each time someone posts about him there is a lot of negativity. Although I get it is annoying that people keep parroting the opinion of their favorite content creator.

    I just don't get why everyone needs to know this one specific content creator uploaded. I can pinky promise you that my reaction would be identical to anyone uploading someone else, like it was when people would do nothing but spam Tru3 videos about 2 years ago. But if I cared that much about knowing who uploaded when, where, and why, I'd just subscribe to them on YouTube and discuss in the comments.

    It wouldn't even be as bad if they had any discussion within the body of the post. But it's literally just the video then "I find this interesting" like where's the meat, where's the sustenance, where's the points of discussion, I need more than a single sentence and a video.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3038855#Comment_3038855

    I just don't get why everyone needs to know this one specific content creator uploaded. I can pinky promise you that my reaction would be identical to anyone uploading someone else, like it was when people would do nothing but spam Tru3 videos about 2 years ago. But if I cared that much about knowing who uploaded when, where, and why, I'd just subscribe to them on YouTube and discuss in the comments.

    It wouldn't even be as bad if they had any discussion within the body of the post. But it's literally just the video then "I find this interesting" like where's the meat, where's the sustenance, where's the points of discussion, I need more than a single sentence and a video.

    Oh yeah that's a good point, it just feels like an advertisement that way. Maybe the forums should encourage people to discuss content creator videos separately.

  • @Slowpeach said:

    Yeah as much as I like Otz I think this test isn't exactly fair. Like it's in a dead zone for one. Two they don't compare to the 5 second DS where honestly the better killers just crush them anyway.

    I mean the problem I have with current DS is two fold.

    1. You can still use it after someone else is hooked

    It's an anti tunnel perk not a pro trolling perk

    2. End game = free escape

    Which is addressed

    The really stupid thing though is they made OTR basically DS but better. It's like two different groups did the nerfs and buffs because what they say and do is different. Most infamously 'We don't like three health states so let's give them four or five'.

    I don't agree with the notion that OTR is better than DS. PTB OTR does not really help prevent tunneling, its more of an offensive perk than anything. With current DS you can make a distance of 16 meters while also obstructing the killers vision, with PTB OTR you make roughly 11 meters of distance and that is not counting how perks like STBFL (which will very likely become a meta staple with this patch) can shorten the amount of time it takes to shorten the gap. I find it really dumb, I think current DS was pretty okay and way more effective at countering tunneling that the aberration that is PTB OTR, my theory is that the devs wanted to make a less frustrating alternative to DS but just ended up creating a massive endurance meta.

  • DS was nerfed because it was abused at lockers with Head On, now you are unable to abuse it and stun the Killer for like 8 seconds.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3038855#Comment_3038855

    I just don't get why everyone needs to know this one specific content creator uploaded. I can pinky promise you that my reaction would be identical to anyone uploading someone else, like it was when people would do nothing but spam Tru3 videos about 2 years ago. But if I cared that much about knowing who uploaded when, where, and why, I'd just subscribe to them on YouTube and discuss in the comments.

    It wouldn't even be as bad if they had any discussion within the body of the post. But it's literally just the video then "I find this interesting" like where's the meat, where's the sustenance, where's the points of discussion, I need more than a single sentence and a video.

    I suppose but to many people Otz basically puts their sentiments into a much more articulate version. Also in this case by the topic title you know where the argument is going. He's not flawless but he presents better then 95% of people here do. It's not just because Otz is a content creator, it's because he's proven to have opinions that are less biased (everyone has some bias) and is on average a wholesome individual who is good for the games health whether they are a streamer or not. There's a lot of people out there like him but don't have his renown.

    @Sadako_Best_Girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3038866#Comment_3038866

    I don't agree with the notion that OTR is better than DS. PTB OTR does not really help prevent tunneling, its more of an offensive perk than anything. With current DS you can make a distance of 16 meters while also obstructing the killers vision, with PTB OTR you make roughly 11 meters of distance and that is not counting how perks like STBFL (which will very likely become a meta staple with this patch) can shorten the amount of time it takes to shorten the gap. I find it really dumb, I think current DS was pretty okay and way more effective at countering tunneling that the aberration that is PTB OTR, my theory is that the devs wanted to make a less frustrating alternative to DS but just ended up creating a massive endurance meta.

    I suppose that's true. The intention I guess was to make OTR an anti tunnel perk but you are right, it's going to be used offensively but then DS is kinda used this way too but then you can just ignore the slugged survivor if you expect it. OTR doesn't have that as an option. I stated my 'disliking' of aspects of DS but you are right it's not really the same thing is it?

  • @Emeal said:

    DS was nerfed because it was abused at lockers with Head On, now you are unable to abuse it and stun the Killer for like 8 seconds.

    That's not true tho,DS was nerfed for no particular reasons other than "Shaking up the meta" even tho it is a healthy perk for the game,current DS is fine and balanced.

    They just made the already strong killers even more powerful,weaker killers will still get punished by DS.

    Nurse and Blight never cared about DS,they just catch up to you in a few seconds.

    the reduced stun duration nerf was pointless,DS deactivation in Endgame is fair.

  • @Ayamir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3038902#Comment_3038902

    That's not true tho,DS was nerfed for no particular reasons other than "Shaking up the meta" even tho it is a healthy perk for the game,current DS is fine and balanced.

    They just made the already strong killers even more powerful,weaker killers will still get punished by DS.

    Nurse and Blight never cared about DS,they just catch up to you in a few seconds.

    the reduced stun duration nerf was pointless,DS deactivation in Endgame is fair.

    Look mate, that 'nerfed for no particular reasons' narrative is so obviously false when you examine/explore how it can be abused.

    The Head On / DS combo is a prime example of that.

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3038912#Comment_3038912

    Look mate, that 'nerfed for no particular reasons' narrative is so obviously false when you examine/explore how it can be abused.

    The Head On / DS combo is a prime example of that.

    First of all, nothing is "abused" there. I know that players like to use "abused" for "things I dont like", but you dont abuse any Perks.

    Second, the Head On/DS-Combo was probably the least problematic thing when it comes to DS.

    Third, DS just got nerfed to be out of the Meta. Thats it. Some Perks just got hit extra hard to remove them from the Meta-Builds. (e.g. DS, Spine Chill, Iron Will, PGTW, Ruin)

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3038920#Comment_3038920

    First of all, nothing is "abused" there. I know that players like to use "abused" for "things I dont like", but you dont abuse any Perks.

    Second, the Head On/DS-Combo was probably the least problematic thing when it comes to DS.

    Third, DS just got nerfed to be out of the Meta. Thats it. Some Perks just got hit extra hard to remove them from the Meta-Builds. (e.g. DS, Spine Chill, Iron Will, PGTW, Ruin)

    It was an unfun use of DS, which the developers have prevented, so it was clearly not intended to work this way.

    So calling it abuse is perfectly legitimate.

  • @Sadako_Best_Girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3037799#Comment_3037799

    You guys really seem to hate otz for some reason. Each time someone posts about him there is a lot of negativity. Although I get it is annoying that people keep parroting the opinion of their favorite content creator.

    They are jealous that Otz has more viewers than their number of posts on this forum.

  • @fogdonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3038855#Comment_3038855

    They are jealous that Otz has more viewers than their number of posts on this forum.

    It's really not jealousy. It's the "even x streamer said this" as if his words and opinions have higher value of anyone else. He's a content creator and that's his job, so he can bring to the attention of more people some issues that otherwise might go unnoticed, but his opinions are his own. The thing that probably annoys is that some people take any streamers words as words of authority and base their own opinions on those people, and then share them around saying stuff like the title of this thread.

    Who cares what *he* said?

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3038912#Comment_3038912

    Look mate, that 'nerfed for no particular reasons' narrative is so obviously false when you examine/explore how it can be abused.

    The Head On / DS combo is a prime example of that.

    I don't think any problem begins or ends with Head On.

  • I've hated plenty of iterations of decisive strike and been neutral or vaguely positive on others

    But the issue all of them have had including the current version and including the new version is that they're stronger against weaker killers and weaker against stronger ones

    They should give it the DH treatment and make it work better against the stronger ones. Briefly disable the killer's power after the stun or something.

    I get they want to shake up the meta and DS is meta but tunnelling should be made as unattractive as possible, especially if solo queue improvements aren't coming for a year minimum.

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039174#Comment_3039174

    It's really not jealousy. It's the "even x streamer said this" as if his words and opinions have higher value of anyone else. He's a content creator and that's his job, so he can bring to the attention of more people some issues that otherwise might go unnoticed, but his opinions are his own. The thing that probably annoys is that some people take any streamers words as words of authority and base their own opinions on those people, and then share them around saying stuff like the title of this thread.

    Who cares what *he* said?

    He made a nice video demonstrating the power of 3 second stun against various killers. That's why it was linked, not because he is Otzdarva. "Even Otzdarva said" is more like "he made a nice video demonstrating this issue".

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    Demo is getting a lot of passive buffs

    Every killer is getting a lot of global buffs which all work with each other. I have a feeling they overbuffed killer just judging from other games I've played and how multiple buffs end being multiplicative instead of additive.

    I think it's about time to buff Trapper to the level of Nurse and nerf Nurse to the level of Trapper.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://youtu.be/v50MggXgOks

    Pretty interesting :O

    Seems BaLAnCeD

  • DS going from 5s to 3s was because Enduring used to work against every stun.

    Enduring got reworked to pallet only and DS's 5s stun was kept despite the former perk not working against the latter.

    It's like Stridor&3addons being useless against IW for idk a year? until devs made IW do 75%.

  • The people who attack him as a person and a content creator are searching for low hanging fruit because they can't address the video.

    The people who are bringing up his other content as means to discredit this suffer similarly uninteresting deficits.

    The people who say this test is pointless because it's in a dead zone and the survivors run in a straight line are failing to understand that the video is highlighting a worst case use scenario, and in that, DS is extraordinarily weak.

    I would have loved it if he did this along side a best case use scenario (next to a god pallet or large LOS blockers), but it doesn't take much critical thinking to understand why he set up his experiment from only one perspective.

    Some of you need help.

  • the nerfs to ds are a mistake

1 2 ›