Locker flashlight exploit

I'm not sure if this has been addressed yet. Its when multiple survivors have flashlights and hop into lockers to bait out grabs for free flashlight saves. Its very abusable and shouldn't be in the game imo. Has bhvr said anything about this?

Comments

  • Exploit? They killer is grabbing a survivor, which has a small window that grants others survivors the possibility to save. This is not an exploit in any form whatsoever

    It's not an exploit and if you think other survivors are around, instead of grabbing the person in the locker, go for them


  • @egg_ said:

    Exploit? They killer is grabbing a survivor, which has a small window that grants others survivors the possibility to save. This is not an exploit in any form whatsoever

    It's not an exploit and if you think other survivors are around, instead of grabbing the person in the locker, go for them

    Well duh I'm not talking about the odd locker save in solo. There is zero counterplay if they have 2 stay in pairs. Killer comes by hop into lockers. Leave the pair to find the others same. Rinse and repeat. Thats worst case scenario there are other variations of it but all of it is bs. Highly exploitable.

  • I mean well cordinated SWF group that sends you on a good map can make it almost impossible to hook anyone if they do this strategy.

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022959#Comment_3022959

    Well duh I'm not talking about the odd locker save in solo. There is zero counterplay if they have 2 stay in pairs. Killer comes by hop into lockers. Leave the pair to find the others same. Rinse and repeat. Thats worst case scenario there are other variations of it but all of it is bs. Highly exploitable.

    Yeah, you fall for it one time and then you know immediately what they're up to

    Riddle me this: two of them are trying to go for hehe yt compilation jukes and overall being annoying, but not progressing the game. What are the other two doing? If they're around too, then the game is not progressing at all, giving you an advantage because they will throw eventually. If the other two are doing gens, go and pressure them instead as they are actually progressing the game while you're just wasting time?

  • @egg_ said:

    Exploit? They killer is grabbing a survivor, which has a small window that grants others survivors the possibility to save. This is not an exploit in any form whatsoever

    It's not an exploit and if you think other survivors are around, instead of grabbing the person in the locker, go for them

    Idk on maps with seventeen pairs of double lockers within spitting distance of each other it definitely feels like an exploit when they use an offering, sit in pairs, and prevent you from ever hooking them (and nothing is done to progress the game because no gens are done, and because the lockers are so close you can't chase the others away).

    I'd be more than fine with a removal or even just a high wall around one of the double lockers to prevent this being so exploitable. Like at Basement or the Coldwind Tractor, you can only get a save from one locker, so it's manageable and not a problem, but on Cow Tree next to a Jungle Gym it's a whole different story.

  • If you find yourself dealing with that a lot, you could just equip Lightborn, and giggle at the failures ha

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022959#Comment_3022959

    Idk on maps with seventeen pairs of double lockers within spitting distance of each other it definitely feels like an exploit when they use an offering, sit in pairs, and prevent you from ever hooking them (and nothing is done to progress the game because no gens are done, and because the lockers are so close you can't chase the others away).

    I'd be more than fine with a removal or even just a high wall around one of the double lockers to prevent this being so exploitable. Like at Basement or the Coldwind Tractor, you can only get a save from one locker, so it's manageable and not a problem, but on Cow Tree next to a Jungle Gym it's a whole different story.

    @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022970#Comment_3022970

    Yeah, you fall for it one time and then you know immediately what they're up to

    Riddle me this: two of them are trying to go for hehe yt compilation jukes and overall being annoying, but not progressing the game. What are the other two doing? If they're around too, then the game is not progressing at all, giving you an advantage because they will throw eventually. If the other two are doing gens, go and pressure them instead as they are actually progressing the game while you're just wasting time?

    ^my answer to your comment is my previous comment too

  • What are they doing? Nothing. That's the problem. They aren't progressing the game so you sit there waiting for people to have exhausted their flashlight for you to finally be able to hook someone. And you know what, it's not impossible to win it (you're guaranteed to win the battle of attrition), but it's ######### boring. And that's my whole problem with it; it's so mindnumbingly dull to sit through that I'd much prefer it get changed.

    Because it's a video game, and things which just need you to sit out and wait for people to use their flashlight because you can't chase anyone without them just jumping into the double locker is just boring. And since it's a game, things should exist to encourage fun.

  • @Zen_but_not_Zen said:

    If you find yourself dealing with that a lot, you could just equip Lightborn, and giggle at the failures ha

    How dare you we don't speak of that unholy perk. It totally negated a already week item so Lightborn should be deleted......there I think I got anyone who wants to complain about it out of the way.....but yes Lightborn is my anti clicky click perk

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022970#Comment_3022970

    Yeah, you fall for it one time and then you know immediately what they're up to

    Riddle me this: two of them are trying to go for hehe yt compilation jukes and overall being annoying, but not progressing the game. What are the other two doing? If they're around too, then the game is not progressing at all, giving you an advantage because they will throw eventually. If the other two are doing gens, go and pressure them instead as they are actually progressing the game while you're just wasting time?

    The answer to your brilliant riddle is that the killer is also unable to progress the game - it's a free stalemate at best, which puts the killer into a no-win situation where they either go for the grabs just to get saved, or ignore them and lose the ability to pressure at least half of their opponents.


    Flash saves out of lockers frankly shouldn't be a thing in any context.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022997#Comment_3022997

    What are they doing? Nothing. That's the problem. They aren't progressing the game so you sit there waiting for people to have exhausted their flashlight for you to finally be able to hook someone. And you know what, it's not impossible to win it (you're guaranteed to win the battle of attrition), but it's ######### boring. And that's my whole problem with it; it's so mindnumbingly dull to sit through that I'd much prefer it get changed.

    Because it's a video game, and things which just need you to sit out and wait for people to use their flashlight because you can't chase anyone without them just jumping into the double locker is just boring. And since it's a game, things should exist to encourage fun.

    Exactly, they're doing nothing, so if you find this boring you can go and pressure the other two who are probably doing gens, actually progressing the game.

    Personally though, I find these games fun. They're being dumb and I like playing along, so that's subjective too, even more so if it's the whole team being there, so I don't see the problem

    @Mozic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022979#Comment_3022979

    The answer to your brilliant riddle is that the killer is also unable to progress the game - it's a free stalemate at best, which puts the killer into a no-win situation where they either go for the grabs just to get saved, or ignore them and lose the ability to pressure at least half of their opponents.

    Flash saves out of lockers frankly shouldn't be a thing in any context.

    Wow you lose the ability of pressuring two people who are not doing anything, while you go and push off gens people who are actually progressing the game... That's such a loss really, why would anyone ever do that

  • @Mozic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022979#Comment_3022979

    The answer to your brilliant riddle is that the killer is also unable to progress the game - it's a free stalemate at best, which puts the killer into a no-win situation where they either go for the grabs just to get saved, or ignore them and lose the ability to pressure at least half of their opponents.

    Flash saves out of lockers frankly shouldn't be a thing in any context.

    I swear killers will complain about EVERYTHING. It’s a you issue, you should just change your way of doing things and it won’t be a problem. Not everything needs to be nerfed

  • @Hawk81584 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023011#Comment_3023011

    I swear killers will complain about EVERYTHING. It’s a you issue, you should just change your way of doing things and it won’t be a problem. Not everything needs to be nerfed

    I do change the way I do things - I run iron maiden to speed up the grab animation and I run franklins on every m1 killer to knock flashlights out of people's hands. When I'm trapper, I throw a trap in front of both lockers and wait.

    That doesn't change the situation from being an easy stalemate, which is simultaneously why cheeky survivors find it so amusing.

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    I'm not sure if this has been addressed yet. Its when multiple survivors have flashlights and hop into lockers to bait out grabs for free flashlight saves. Its very abusable and shouldn't be in the game imo. Has bhvr said anything about this?

    I know exactly what you're talking about. I once played a game last year as killer where the entire team did this, stunning me over and over for 10 minutes with flashlights, Head On, Vigil and flashbangs. I wasn't even trying to grab a player from the locker. I just happened to be near one during a chase and when I downed them near the locker, they started trolling this over and over. It was like they were holding me hostage because none of them were doing gens except 1 at a time, like they were cycling to get their flashbangs ready to stun me in the same spot. I reported them all for griefing. Hope they were banned because one was streaming on Twitch and I sent Behavior a link to their stream. Had to D/C to leave the game because at 1 gen left, they just kept trolling and I was just over it by then. Definitely an exploit that needs to be looked into, but it's not common for survivors to do that. It was one time that happened to me. That was the game that I just decided to stop playing killer for a while. Not necessarily baiting me for a flashlight save but definitely abusing lockers, flashlights, flashbangs, ect all while laughing and calling me names in their stream. Wasn't fun, but yeah. Just my thoughts and experience.

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023002#Comment_3023002

    Exactly, they're doing nothing, so if you find this boring you can go and pressure the other two who are probably doing gens, actually progressing the game.

    Personally though, I find these games fun. They're being dumb and I like playing along, so that's subjective too, even more so if it's the whole team being there, so I don't see the problem

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023011#Comment_3023011

    Wow you lose the ability of pressuring two people who are not doing anything, while you go and push off gens people who are actually progressing the game... That's such a loss really, why would anyone ever do that

    "Exactly, they're doing nothing, so if you find this boring you can go and pressure the other two who are probably doing gens, actually progressing the game."

    This isn't the situation I'm referring to.

    I'm referring to the times nobody is doing gens. There are 2 sets of double lockers, all of which can be blinded from. Nobody is repairing a generator and everyone is within a locker, in pairs. They bring a map offering to guarantee this happens (ie. Coldwind). You physically cannot progress the game through any means of your own, you just have to wait for them to run out of flashlight charges before you can grab someone - and that needs like 3 of them to fully exhaust a flashlight. From that point onwards, the game is fairly easy. But getting to that point - when the only thing you are able to do is to grab someone from the locker - is so ######### dull.

    We're on about 2 different things. In my situation - which is incredibly rare and has only been enabled due to the release of Dredge increasing locker spawns tenfold - it is genuinely uncountable without perks. Which, in my opinion, is bad game design.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023033#Comment_3023033

    "Exactly, they're doing nothing, so if you find this boring you can go and pressure the other two who are probably doing gens, actually progressing the game."

    This isn't the situation I'm referring to.

    I'm referring to the times nobody is doing gens. There are 2 sets of double lockers, all of which can be blinded from. Nobody is repairing a generator and everyone is within a locker, in pairs. They bring a map offering to guarantee this happens (ie. Coldwind). You physically cannot progress the game through any means of your own, you just have to wait for them to run out of flashlight charges before you can grab someone - and that needs like 3 of them to fully exhaust a flashlight. From that point onwards, the game is fairly easy. But getting to that point - when the only thing you are able to do is to grab someone from the locker - is so ######### dull.

    We're on about 2 different things. In my situation - which is incredibly rare and has only been enabled due to the release of Dredge increasing locker spawns tenfold - it is genuinely uncountable without perks. Which, in my opinion, is bad game design.

    I wonder could pinhead counter this by waiting on the chainhunt? I know its just one example but i forget what the chains stop.

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023002#Comment_3023002

    Exactly, they're doing nothing, so if you find this boring you can go and pressure the other two who are probably doing gens, actually progressing the game.

    Personally though, I find these games fun. They're being dumb and I like playing along, so that's subjective too, even more so if it's the whole team being there, so I don't see the problem

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023011#Comment_3023011

    Wow you lose the ability of pressuring two people who are not doing anything, while you go and push off gens people who are actually progressing the game... That's such a loss really, why would anyone ever do that

    Except if you leave them alone, they're going to go back to doing gens? It's not like they're just going to sit in the lockers all match.

    If you're Trapper, Twins, or Dredge, you can stop them. That's about a 1/10 chance your killer is equipped to hook a survivor that is right in front of you. Otherwise, the only way to deal with it is to keep grabbing and wait for them to run out of flashlight juice, which takes an ungodly amount of time, especially if they switch places while you're blinded so you can't focus on one of them.

    I don't see a reason why this should exist in its current state. Things without counterplay are bad, and this nonsense is way too easy to pull off for what it gives. Lockers are not meant to be invulnerability zones. I don't have an issue when it's DS because it was your own choice to tunnel and you could have gone after a different survivor, but double locker saves are just cheesing.

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022970#Comment_3022970

    Yeah, you fall for it one time and then you know immediately what they're up to

    Riddle me this: two of them are trying to go for hehe yt compilation jukes and overall being annoying, but not progressing the game. What are the other two doing? If they're around too, then the game is not progressing at all, giving you an advantage because they will throw eventually. If the other two are doing gens, go and pressure them instead as they are actually progressing the game while you're just wasting time?

    What do YOU think the other 2 are doing? Gens. So leave go pester them. For them to pull the same stuff. Guess what the other 2 are doing? Now you know what I ment by rinse and repeat. Like I said abuseable

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023033#Comment_3023033

    "Exactly, they're doing nothing, so if you find this boring you can go and pressure the other two who are probably doing gens, actually progressing the game."

    This isn't the situation I'm referring to.

    I'm referring to the times nobody is doing gens. There are 2 sets of double lockers, all of which can be blinded from. Nobody is repairing a generator and everyone is within a locker, in pairs. They bring a map offering to guarantee this happens (ie. Coldwind). You physically cannot progress the game through any means of your own, you just have to wait for them to run out of flashlight charges before you can grab someone - and that needs like 3 of them to fully exhaust a flashlight. From that point onwards, the game is fairly easy. But getting to that point - when the only thing you are able to do is to grab someone from the locker - is so ######### dull.

    We're on about 2 different things. In my situation - which is incredibly rare and has only been enabled due to the release of Dredge increasing locker spawns tenfold - it is genuinely uncountable without perks. Which, in my opinion, is bad game design.

    I mean even in the case where it's just two of four doing it, the idea that two survivors can just snicker to each other from inside any pair of double lockers on the map, confident that they're impossible to hook, is also an aberration in the game's design. "Just leave them alone" is weird advice to give to the killer. Where's the risk?

  • @Zen_but_not_Zen said:

    If you find yourself dealing with that a lot, you could just equip Lightborn, and giggle at the failures ha

    I'm not looking for an in game solution. Yes i can do that, but the fact it exists is the issue

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023002#Comment_3023002

    Exactly, they're doing nothing, so if you find this boring you can go and pressure the other two who are probably doing gens, actually progressing the game.

    Personally though, I find these games fun. They're being dumb and I like playing along, so that's subjective too, even more so if it's the whole team being there, so I don't see the problem

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023011#Comment_3023011

    Wow you lose the ability of pressuring two people who are not doing anything, while you go and push off gens people who are actually progressing the game... That's such a loss really, why would anyone ever do that

    Dude you just sound like someone who does this and just dont want to lose their exploit at this point. Am I right?

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023096#Comment_3023096

    I wonder could pinhead counter this by waiting on the chainhunt? I know its just one example but i forget what the chains stop.

    Yeah, Pinhead could. So could Pyramid Head if they're tormented. But it's a pain in the ass to be playing a killer that can't.

  • @Hawk81584 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023011#Comment_3023011

    I swear killers will complain about EVERYTHING. It’s a you issue, you should just change your way of doing things and it won’t be a problem. Not everything needs to be nerfed

    Well I dont Identify as a killer in this game and dont play into the us vs them bs. I am a player who plays both sides and will call out bs on both sides. Sounds like you need to play both sides.

  • Another thing that makes this feel exploity is it that for certain killers it depends on their frame rate.

    I believe hag is one example if I remember correctly, where depending on if you have 60 fps or 120 fps it can change whether or not it is actually possible to pull off

  • yes i wanted to make a post on this for so long, locker saves are disgusting and need to be changed i doubt the devs even know this something survivors do so i wanted to have a video of it first before i posted. and now with dredge they made double lockers so common in maps making this situation worse.

  • Being able to be blinded from the side when you're grabbing someone out of a locker should not be a thing.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023104#Comment_3023104

    Yeah, Pinhead could. So could Pyramid Head if they're tormented. But it's a pain in the ass to be playing a killer that can't.

    I'm not sure Pinhead reliably can, though? One of the unoccupied survivors will probably do the box unless all four of them are nearby screwing around, and in that case, the time constraint doesn't really matter because the game isn't progressing.

    Though that reminds me of a clip I saw - Nemesis can interrupt it too, albeit on a delay. Zombies will eventually wander over due to all the loud noise notifications. Wait for one to go in front of a locker and anyone who jumps out immediately gets whacked.

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    I'm not sure if this has been addressed yet. Its when multiple survivors have flashlights and hop into lockers to bait out grabs for free flashlight saves. Its very abusable and shouldn't be in the game imo. Has bhvr said anything about this?

    Run the lord and savier lightborn, tada

  • You shouldnt be expected to run a perk to counter an exploit

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023159#Comment_3023159

    You shouldnt be expected to run a perk to counter an exploit

    Still funny, I personally have never taken off lightborn, I got on like day 3 in the shrine, put it on my doc, and legit never taken it off, best anti bully tool out there

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022997#Comment_3022997

    What are they doing? Nothing. That's the problem. They aren't progressing the game so you sit there waiting for people to have exhausted their flashlight for you to finally be able to hook someone. And you know what, it's not impossible to win it (you're guaranteed to win the battle of attrition), but it's ######### boring. And that's my whole problem with it; it's so mindnumbingly dull to sit through that I'd much prefer it get changed.

    Because it's a video game, and things which just need you to sit out and wait for people to use their flashlight because you can't chase anyone without them just jumping into the double locker is just boring. And since it's a game, things should exist to encourage fun.

    ... it's fun for the other side, lol

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022992#Comment_3022992

    How dare you we don't speak of that unholy perk. It totally negated a already week item so Lightborn should be deleted......there I think I got anyone who wants to complain about it out of the way.....but yes Lightborn is my anti clicky click perk

    YES, lightborn brotherrrrr

  • @Mozic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023048#Comment_3023048

    I do change the way I do things - I run iron maiden to speed up the grab animation and I run franklins on every m1 killer to knock flashlights out of people's hands. When I'm trapper, I throw a trap in front of both lockers and wait.

    That doesn't change the situation from being an easy stalemate, which is simultaneously why cheeky survivors find it so amusing.

    Oh my gosh, that would be so good, just putting traps in front of the lockers and waiting for them 😂

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022979#Comment_3022979

    What do YOU think the other 2 are doing? Gens. So leave go pester them. For them to pull the same stuff. Guess what the other 2 are doing? Now you know what I ment by rinse and repeat. Like I said abuseable

    Not every gen is beside a double locker

  • That is no where near the point. The pairs can easily run to lockers. It doesnt even need to be a double.

  • @egg_ said:

    Exploit? They killer is grabbing a survivor, which has a small window that grants others survivors the possibility to save. This is not an exploit in any form whatsoever

    It's not an exploit and if you think other survivors are around, instead of grabbing the person in the locker, go for them

    It's an exploit. Just like 99ing a door is, but survs will never admit it.

  • What I've done when I've run into this is to repeatedly grab them from lockers until I burn out their flashlight. It's definitely an exploit though.

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023180#Comment_3023180

    That is no where near the point. The pairs can easily run to lockers. It doesnt even need to be a double.

    If it's only one locker...then maybe look around before you grab?

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023210#Comment_3023210

    If it's only one locker...then maybe look around before you grab?

    A double isnt the only locker set up. When have you seen only 1 locker? It exists surely but theres more then likely more then 1. Also even what you're saying is true it still doesnt justify having the exploit in the game.

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023264#Comment_3023264

    A double isnt the only locker set up. When have you seen only 1 locker? It exists surely but theres more then likely more then 1. Also even what you're saying is true it still doesnt justify having the exploit in the game.

    Ok... there's no reasoning with you, just a broken record, have a nice day

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023277#Comment_3023277

    Ok... there's no reasoning with you, just a broken record, have a nice day

    Or you dont have an answer for my position other then nuh uh.

  • @egg_ said:

    Exploit? They killer is grabbing a survivor, which has a small window that grants others survivors the possibility to save. This is not an exploit in any form whatsoever

    It's not an exploit and if you think other survivors are around, instead of grabbing the person in the locker, go for them

    Fun fact they patched out locker flashlight saves then reverted that changed because it was complained about. Which is why killers like blight and ghost face cant be locker flashlight saved because their heads are physically more inside the locker.

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022959#Comment_3022959

    Fun fact they patched out locker flashlight saves then reverted that changed because it was complained about. Which is why killers like blight and ghost face cant be locker flashlight saved because their heads are physically more inside the locker.

    Blight, twins, and demogorgon can't be locker saved, but ghostface is a bit harder but can be saved.