Killers Camping when 5 Double BP Offerings are run

It defies logic. They could play a non-toxic game and earn double or triple what they do when camping but they choose toxicity instead. It just goes to show how large a portion of the community just plays to be toxic and cruel. I just don't get the mindset of people that take pleasure out of others’ pain. But no one can deny that many killers have this weird tendency to ‘roleplay’ as killer so that they can’t be sportsmanlike while playing killer… they have to be ‘evil’ on the meta level and try to hurt the actual players. Until the devs actually start punishing toxic behavior this will persist. It would be easy to punish camping and tunnelling more but they choose not to. And they could let survivors at least leave these toxic situations by surrendering in some way but instead we get penalized for DC’ing. I don’t know… this game is amazing when it’s played right but seriously, seriously awful when played with toxicity. I hope I didn’t break any forum rules by stating what I think is the truth here. If I did, I guess I’ll find out… Good luck enjoying the event everyone…

Comments

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3005153#Comment_3005153

    What's your playstyle? I play on console so I don't have chat but if I get message from other console player usually they say Gg or fun chase even if I win. But when I tunnel or camp I can get insults from them.

    Get most hooks possible but showing no mercy.

  • Here's a good rule, if you see 5 flan in the loading screen just task manager out. Every single game I've been a part of with 5 flan have been statistically the worst of this event. Survivors want out asap and to deny you hooks or Killers want to hardly interact with you and just hook camp.

    You think to yourself everyone is going to eat but you've barely touched your starter and you're already being kicked out.

  • @Audiophile said:

    It defies logic. They could play a non-toxic game and earn double or triple what they do when camping but they choose toxicity instead. It just goes to show how large a portion of the community just plays to be toxic and cruel. I just don't get the mindset of people that take pleasure out of others’ pain. But no one can deny that many killers have this weird tendency to ‘roleplay’ as killer so that they can’t be sportsmanlike while playing killer… they have to be ‘evil’ on the meta level and try to hurt the actual players. Until the devs actually start punishing toxic behavior this will persist. It would be easy to punish camping and tunnelling more but they choose not to. And they could let survivors at least leave these toxic situations by surrendering in some way but instead we get penalized for DC’ing. I don’t know… this game is amazing when it’s played right but seriously, seriously awful when played with toxicity. I hope I didn’t break any forum rules by stating what I think is the truth here. If I did, I guess I’ll find out… Good luck enjoying the event everyone…

    Nothing is toxic except the endgame chat...gosh I feel like I should just copy paste that sentence soon, you guys can't really grasp the concept

  • Well that showing not mercy is probably why you can get insults. I played one game today ruthless as possible and 2 survivors dc:t and 2 other died on first hook. I did it because they didn't bring flans and I was only one bringing one so I decided to end the game as fast as possible. I probably didn't get nice comments but they're fault not giving me flans.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    Everyone's going extra hard this event, and it sucke.

    Disagree. All my games I've played as killer have been pretty fair. Some want to farm and I oblige. Not really genrushed at all.

    Playing as a survivor on the other hand...

    Big yikes.

    I've played an equal amount of killer and survivor this event. All solo so far.

  • @squbax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3004006#Comment_3004006

    I apply this on a different level, as I treat other the way they treat me (in videogames), never has a survivor shown me a drop of mercy, why should I be playing in a different field?

    It's an event. It costs nothing to play slightly less douchey.

  • @Juicyman said:

    Here's a good rule, if you see 5 flan in the loading screen just task manager out. Every single game I've been a part of with 5 flan have been statistically the worst of this event. Survivors want out asap and to deny you hooks or Killers want to hardly interact with you and just hook camp.

    You think to yourself everyone is going to eat but you've barely touched your starter and you're already being kicked out.

    Nope. All my best killer games have been 5 flans. Everyone gets 2 hooked and escapes with 30k+ BP, 180k after bonuses. Except the ones who afk forcing me to hook them 10s before the entity takes them and only get 10k because they didn't participate. Or worse, those who suicide on first hook and leave with 5k, only to see their 3 teammates escape with 30k.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3005489#Comment_3005489

    Nope. All my best killer games have been 5 flans. Everyone gets 2 hooked and escapes with 30k+ BP, 180k after bonuses. Except the ones who afk forcing me to hook them 10s before the entity takes them and only get 10k because they didn't participate. Or worse, those who suicide on first hook and leave with 5k, only to see their 3 teammates escape with 30k.

    I envy you, 1 hook at 1 gen or someone dead at 5 gens. Just the luck of the draw I guess.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3003445#Comment_3003445

    What’s wrong with this exactly? All I’m seeing is that…they escaped. They weren’t even running all meta.

    The mentality. Op complaints about killer not taking the 5 BP offerings into consideration and I just showed an example of survivor being sometimes not any better.

    I was plague iirc and not very good with her and despite not getting more than one or two hooks they didn't slow down or seek more interaction but left as fast as possible not taking my fun into any consideration.

    And I just see it as double standards when people like op ask for killer to keep survivor fun in mind and many survivor don't as soon as they outskilled/outmatch the killer.

    If they are so much better than the other side and have seen that the killer isn't camping, tunneling and slugging, which i obviously and intentionally avoid, then they could take it a little more slow if they wanted and still get out easily but they don't have any obligation to keep my fun in mind. And since that's the case i don't see that obligation for killer even when i myself play intentionally friendly.

  • @Audiophile said:

    No. You don’t get to equate an anecdotal bad game to the avalanche of toxic killer games. 90% of the toxicity in this game is camping/tunnelling killers. Killers act like every game is a SWF gen rush with flashlights. No. I have 10k+ hours in this game, most as a solo. They’re almost all 3k and 4ks because matchmaking is terrible. Killers get huge amounts of easy games from bad matchmaking, afks, dcs, etc, and then toss in the incredible amount of camping and tunnelling and then toss in the number of games where they run their S and A tier killers with (or even without) their top addons… please lets not perpetuate this myth of the poor beat up killer.

    There’s simply no need to face camp, camp, tunnel… ESPECIALLY during an event where everyone earns tons more if you just knock off the toxicity.

    90%?! No. Holy hell, no.


    Just... no.


    My god that claim is so wrong it is painful to read.

  • All I see are Survivors camping the hooks recently. No idea what you are talking about.

    20220615204308_1.jpg


  • @TheLastHook said:

    All I see are Survivors camping the hooks recently. No idea what you are talking about.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QLJ9ARUHCA82/20220615204308-1.jpg

    Good one 👍

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3005157#Comment_3005157

    The mentality. Op complaints about killer not taking the 5 BP offerings into consideration and I just showed an example of survivor being sometimes not any better.

    I was plague iirc and not very good with her and despite not getting more than one or two hooks they didn't slow down or seek more interaction but left as fast as possible not taking my fun into any consideration.

    And I just see it as double standards when people like op ask for killer to keep survivor fun in mind and many survivor don't as soon as they outskilled/outmatch the killer.

    If they are so much better than the other side and have seen that the killer isn't camping, tunneling and slugging, which i obviously and intentionally avoid, then they could take it a little more slow if they wanted and still get out easily but they don't have any obligation to keep my fun in mind. And since that's the case i don't see that obligation for killer even when i myself play intentionally friendly.

    i agree with you 100% survivors are complaining or telling killers to take it easy, farm and let everyone get max BP while the event is on, but come when the event ends if killers did do this during the event i can 100% guarantee survivors won't payback the kindness that killers showed.

    They will go back to getting gens done asap, follow you around clicking the flashlight, run all the best meta perks and not care if the killer is new or has only got a few hooks.

    so i would love to know if killers did this playing nice and relax why people (not you Burt0r) that play survivor won't payback the kindness shown by the killers after the event?

  • I feel like the 39 perk buff/nerf should have come before the event. The actual meta makes killers feel they need to camp and tunnel (sometimes its necessary and the best play, but camping from first hook is basically being a bad player).

  • Survivors: Brings 3+ dead hards, 2+ resiliences, toolboxes, medkits, CoH

    "You're supposed to end the game with 5 hooks spread evenly around 5 minutes! You can't play efficiently but we can!"

  • The biggest problem with this event is the idiotic way BHVR made masks obtainable for survivors again. Grab the item and no matter what, die or live, you'll get an item...that's how it was the last two events and it was perfect.

    And NO, I don't buy into the brainwash attempt of any mod or whoever, who tries to convince us that they HAD to change it, because survivors were mass-suiciding in the past once they got their item. It simply is a lie...did some do it? Of course, but suiciding will always be a problem, so this change back to the old system comes purely out of, I don't know, sadism?

    If one side has to rely on the other to obtain their event items in such a short time frame as 2 weeks, then it is simply stupid. Period!

  • yeah I'm not using any offering as survivor I'm done, even when they're winning easily and could play for hooks they slug ??? event is so one sided that survivor queue is instant and killer queue endless

  • I wish I got one game where the killer doesn't bring a mori when all the survivors bring event offerings.

    Also wish I got one game where the killer didn't camp and tunnel.

    Also wish I git one game where my teammates didn't just start playing this game a week ago.

  • Completely reasonable, not everyone plays for bloodpoints if they already have what they want, the killer wants to rush the kill and the survivors want to rush the gens (along with second chance crutches and braindead loops), seems balanced. The difference is that killers get punished for rushing the kill with tunneling and with camping he can also be punished deoending of the circumstance (must of the times)

  • I just had a strange 4min game right now. With Dredge I saw two survivors on a gen, went over there and saw one of them taking position behind a pallet, just before my locker aura reading ended. I snuck up to them and got a hit, during the pallet stun got blinded, but guessed the direction they headed to right, anticipated the DH and had a down within 20s or so. That player immediately DCed. The second survivor on that tile set had hit themselves in a locker and went on a hook. Then I teleported to a far away gen, found and downed the survivor there pretty quickly and then I walked into a corner, to let the last one save the two, because all I wanted was a few hooks.

    Turned out that the final survivor was AFK in a locker and couldn't ber persuated to wriggle off. 4:17min and that game was done. I felt rather flabbergasted, but what ya gotta do?

    Dretch2.jpg


  • @Akumakaji said:

    I just had a strange 4min game right now. With Dredge I saw two survivors on a gen, went over there and saw one of them taking position behind a pallet, just before my locker aura reading ended. I snuck up to them and got a hit, during the pallet stun got blinded, but guessed the direction they headed to right, anticipated the DH and had a down within 20s or so. That player immediately DCed. The second survivor on that tile set had hit themselves in a locker and went on a hook. Then I teleported to a far away gen, found and downed the survivor there pretty quickly and then I walked into a corner, to let the last one save the two, because all I wanted was a few hooks.

    Turned out that the final survivor was AFK in a locker and couldn't ber persuated to wriggle off. 4:17min and that game was done. I felt rather flabbergasted, but what ya gotta do?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7ASVQ21TK3BX/dretch2.jpg

    I too have found that most of the super disappointing games have been due to survivors giving up before even starting.

    Failures to save hooked teammates, AFKers, DCers, etc.

    It's not the killers who are toxic when this happens.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3006651#Comment_3006651

    I too have found that most of the super disappointing games have been due to survivors giving up before even starting.

    Failures to save hooked teammates, AFKers, DCers, etc.

    It's not the killers who are toxic when this happens.

    Nah, both sides have their fair share of toxic members. I guess what people are feeling is the MMR system: you might want to take a chill pill and just enjoy a casual game of 8 hooks or doing a gen and then looking for your invitation, but because of your past ~sins~ performance, you are more likely to be matched with sweaty people who just can't effort to lose a single game, least The Entity consumes their soul.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3006651#Comment_3006651

    I too have found that most of the super disappointing games have been due to survivors giving up before even starting.

    Failures to save hooked teammates, AFKers, DCers, etc.

    It's not the killers who are toxic when this happens.

    My friend and I played a match yesterday against a Dredge and ended up on one of the Badham maps, so survivor-sided.

    5 flans in the match, and one of the randoms gets caught super-early and downed. Once on the hook, they immediately started to kill themselves (my friend and I were on the opposite side of the map as they were). As my friend ran to get them free, they obviously missed skill checks and basically threw us into a 3 v. 1 immediately. :shakeshead:

    The Dredge must have realized it. As well as they were playing, they two-hooked everyone else, and I even popped the last gen as my friend ended up on his death hook (the other random died just before that). They had numerous opportunities to tunnel someone out -- or even kill someone sooner -- but they definitely let up to allow us a decent match. The Dredge killed me at an exit gate, but I don't fault them for it -- the game could have ended MUCH sooner if they'd wanted it to. To the survivor who DC'ed -- why the rage quit? Everyone else still cleaned up with huge BP totals despite their childishness.

    For survivors who aren't bringing flans into the game to "punish" killers -- here's a newsflash for you: you're not. You're punishing your teammates who're bringing them into matches you're a part of. When I play killer and only a couple of survivors bring in flans, I'm less likely to outright farm in a match, I'm STILL getting a ton of BP in the match anyway (especially if it's a killer I have BBQ on), and you're getting extra BP from the survivors on your team that did bring one without contributing yourself. If you think it's sending some glorious message to an Insidious Camping Basement Bubba you played against -- it's not. Those players aren't playing for BP in the first place, most likely.

  • I was doing the community chase thingy. I had decided to switch to Doctor as it's pretty easy to not give a hit and keep the chase running for a long time. It's pretty obvious for the survivors too (if they have more than a couple of brain-cells).

    The survivors had popped 4 gateaux so I wanted to make sure to chase everyone and kind of play nice. (I know: I'm an idiot too sometimes)

    First survivor I chase starts to BM one minute into the game (well duh, I was only trying to get the chase counter up). Then his friends come and start to vault back and forth. Right, that kind of player.

    If that's how they wanted to do it, it was fine by me. I've closed DbD and switched to another game.


    Since the event started, I've been against more cheaters (some recorded and reported) and immature players than over the last couple of months. I've got the solo part done. I will not make any further effort towards the community one.

  • @Audiophile said:

    It defies logic. They could play a non-toxic game and earn double or triple what they do when camping but they choose toxicity instead. It just goes to show how large a portion of the community just plays to be toxic and cruel. I just don't get the mindset of people that take pleasure out of others’ pain. But no one can deny that many killers have this weird tendency to ‘roleplay’ as killer so that they can’t be sportsmanlike while playing killer… they have to be ‘evil’ on the meta level and try to hurt the actual players. Until the devs actually start punishing toxic behavior this will persist. It would be easy to punish camping and tunnelling more but they choose not to. And they could let survivors at least leave these toxic situations by surrendering in some way but instead we get penalized for DC’ing. I don’t know… this game is amazing when it’s played right but seriously, seriously awful when played with toxicity. I hope I didn’t break any forum rules by stating what I think is the truth here. If I did, I guess I’ll find out… Good luck enjoying the event everyone…

    maybe them killers wanna farm but survivors are too dumb and dont understand even though u make obvious signs they can unhook

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3003593#Comment_3003593

    There are two types of dbd player:

    1. "Playing survivor sucks because I get camped and tunneled. I'll play killer and I won't camp and tunnel."

    2. "Playing survivor sucks because I get camped and tunneled. I'll play killer so I get my turn to camp and tunnel."

    So far this event I've had a great time playing Dredge. Getting everyone hooked twice, then letting everyone escape once I've maxed out Destruction and Deviousness. Generally everyone inuding me gets 30k+ base BP, and everyone gets to keep their invites and win a mask.

    I say generally because this involves sweating for the first half of the game to ensure I have control over the game and I telegraph my intentions (by chasing and obviously not downing survivors on death hook when I have ample opportunity). Sometimes that early game sweat causes survivors to have a tantrum and kill themselves on first hook.

    1. In game events make me angry because I’m a giant child that takes it to seriously.
    2. In game events don’t make me angry because it’s only a game and I’m an adult.

    Here’s your two types of gamers doesn’t matter what side you play.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3005268#Comment_3005268

    1. In game events make me angry because I’m a giant child that takes it to seriously.
    2. In game events don’t make me angry because it’s only a game and I’m an adult.

    Here’s your two types of gamers doesn’t matter what side you play.

    I mean, my subtle joke there was that either way, playing survivor sucks. But I don't disagree.

  • Honestly both sides are going sweaty with their load outs. I'm just tryna to complete challenges for the community at this point.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3006749#Comment_3006749

    I mean, my subtle joke there was that either way, playing survivor sucks. But I don't disagree.

    But often playing killer sucks too so the joke can be lost as its a lil one sided.

    I see what you were getting at though.

  • @Audiophile said:

    It defies logic. They could play a non-toxic game and earn double or triple what they do when camping but they choose toxicity instead. It just goes to show how large a portion of the community just plays to be toxic and cruel. I just don't get the mindset of people that take pleasure out of others’ pain. But no one can deny that many killers have this weird tendency to ‘roleplay’ as killer so that they can’t be sportsmanlike while playing killer… they have to be ‘evil’ on the meta level and try to hurt the actual players. Until the devs actually start punishing toxic behavior this will persist. It would be easy to punish camping and tunnelling more but they choose not to. And they could let survivors at least leave these toxic situations by surrendering in some way but instead we get penalized for DC’ing. I don’t know… this game is amazing when it’s played right but seriously, seriously awful when played with toxicity. I hope I didn’t break any forum rules by stating what I think is the truth here. If I did, I guess I’ll find out… Good luck enjoying the event everyone…

    I'm having some games where the killer seems to be farming, and other games where we got slugged out at 5 gens with 5 flans played.

  • If everyone would just play normal instead of expecting a farm game things would be better. I keep getting games where I hook someone and the whole damn team is there wait to unhook, and I am just like....cool free hits and another down.

  • Meanwhile I'm going against SWF gen Jockey's running meta perks when I'm just trying to learn Dredge after not playing DBD much for over 6 months. It's happening on both sides to everyone. People are sweating their asses off.

  • @Audiophile said:

    No. You don’t get to equate an anecdotal bad game to the avalanche of toxic killer games. 90% of the toxicity in this game is camping/tunnelling killers. Killers act like every game is a SWF gen rush with flashlights. No. I have 10k+ hours in this game, most as a solo. They’re almost all 3k and 4ks because matchmaking is terrible. Killers get huge amounts of easy games from bad matchmaking, afks, dcs, etc, and then toss in the incredible amount of camping and tunnelling and then toss in the number of games where they run their S and A tier killers with (or even without) their top addons… please lets not perpetuate this myth of the poor beat up killer.

    There’s simply no need to face camp, camp, tunnel… ESPECIALLY during an event where everyone earns tons more if you just knock off the toxicity.

    The fact that you call camping and tunnelling "toxic" says it all.

  • @Audiophile said:

    Look, I appreciate the few, more level headed comments here. But being toxic is being a jerk unnecessarily by definition. There is no NEED to play toxic. And lets clarify something here… I’m talking about high level play… former ‘red ranks’. By the quality of some of the replies I’d say that eliminates about 3/4 of you. If you are a good / red rank / high mmr killer, the only time you get ‘bullied’ is by a good / red rank / high mmr 4 man swf. The rest of the time you’re facing solos with quits / dcs / bad matchmaking / no comms etc. You can NOT tell me that the majority of killer matches are against 4 man red rank swfs. If you play toxic it’s because you want to be a jerk and that comes through loud and clear in your game play, your post game chat, these posts…everywhere. Lots of killers just like to play like jerks.

    A survivor doesn’t have that luxury unless they manage to get lucky with a strong team and a weak killer. Flashlight saves are hard and require skill. Sabotage is risky. And both are mostly utilized for a legitimate reason - burn up killer time to get gens done so we can escape. Which comes back to my earlier point. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had a killer play toxically and then complain about genrushing post game… yet… no fancy toolboxes or PT was run… no swf even. They just got beat by normal gameplay and call it genrushing and turn toxic.

    And come on… face camping bubba is so common it’s been around for years and I still face them in about 5 - 10% of my games. Start game, catch someone, camp. There’s no justification other than a desire to be toxic.

    So yeah before you say toxicity exists on both sides… think about how skill enters into the picture and what is legitimate gameplay vs nonsensical toxicity. Killers have the market cornered on that.

    I'm sorry, but I have to point out this statement of yours: "Flashlight saves are hard and require skill. Sabotage is risky. And both are mostly utilized for a legitimate reason - burn up killer time to get gens done so we can escape".

    I'll break that down if I may.

    1. "Flashlight saves are hard and require skill". Well, unless you include the BS locker-blinds that work from impossible angles, require zero skill and are a classic bullying tactic from survivors.
    2. "Sabotage is risky". Fair, no disagreement. Risk vs Reward is pretty well balanced.
    3. "Both are mostly used for a legitimate reason" Which is exactly the same case with camping and tunnelling! In the early game if you don't tunnel out one survivor then your chances of getting even a 2k are miniscule, so it's most definitely a legitimate reason and not just being toxic. Similarly, especially in the EGC if you have a survivor on the hook why on earth would you leave the area? You have no more gens to patrol and your best bet is to hope that the other players are feeling altruistic.

    So I think you need to take a step back and reconsider what you're labelling as "Toxic" despite being stated many times by the devs as legit tactics.

    Now as to facecamping I would agree that there is little point to it (Insidious Basement Bubba memes aside) but that's far rarer than proxy camping or tunnelling.

1 2 ›