Do you ever question why people camp
I was facing a legion things weren't going good a lot of people were on or close to second hook and we were on RPD I was on my second hook and basically they were camping by the way everyone was hooked once and and me and someone else had two hooks and three gens were left. So basically it ment the killer was having an upper hand by the legion was camping basically looking down both halls but no moving so I was sitting there thinking why are they camping it makes no sense no one is near by. Then it got me thinking why do people camp and I don't mean where there is clearly a survivor there waiting to rescue I mean no one is nearby.
Comments
Nope i dont
Big maps,m1 killers,god pallets or safe structures without mindgame posibility SWF with comms its a few reasons that peoole camp and tunnel.
No because I know the killers can lose 3 gens instantly and the game is already over with 2 hooks max by the time you chew through all the perks and pallets.
RPD is an automatic camp or DC anyway
And then this
If you have two on hooks, no such thing as camping in that scenario.
Killer should defend the two hooks if possible, Legion did right thing.
Face camping for the sake of griefing is lame but confirming someone gets to second stage or dies is just necessary sometimes.
I don't like playing that way but when survivors can have 1,001 second chances you need to do something to balance that out in some way.
In this situation, it would make sense to defend the two hooks. Even if two more gens pop, if he guarantees the 2k, then it would probably result in a 4k or at least a 3k. It's not the easiest thing to defend gens on RPD, giving two free unhooks wouldn't make sense if they didn't know how far the other 2 survivors were.
In general, the only time camping doesn't make sense to me is when its the first down at 5 gens. Unless they want the 1k, with possible 2k with NOED, or the maybe snowball with survivors storming the hook, it's just not a viable strat to get better at the game. Securing the second stage though is a different story, if survivors don't rescue right away and I can see that I can return to the hook and punish that, then I will.
But, but it's Michael! Being camped by an adorable Michael (or Bubba) is absolutely fine.
Are the gates powered or not?
They're powered on? then No. there is absolutely no reason for the killer to leave a survivor on a hook, unless they wanna catch someone with noed or something.
In the early or middle of the game? meh, they're probably bad or new. business as usual.
Are they a bubba, twins or a hag? well then no, thats where they shine. not being defensive with them would be like playing with a sniper rifle in most shooters and only using the rifle when you're up close against things like shotguns and smg that have better hipfire and movement than you.
Is the person playing a killer with high mobility killer, onryo and you know no one is around? then i guess I'll question why a killer would camp on first hook when their killer whos entire kit is better off used to go harass another survivor off of a gen and then wonder why they get genrushed.
No, because it's obvious. They are bad and try to get at least one kill from good team, or prey on casual solos. You can't force kids to stop being miserable.
I guess I question it from a tactical perspective at times. But it works more often than not against solos. Give all survivors the tools to play strategically without sacrificing perk slots. Killers would still be rewarded for good tactics and punished for bad decisions.
No.
Camping (specifically proxy camping) is one of the most effective tactics a killer can do so...no, I don't question why killers do it.
I find camping painfully boring so I rarely will as a killer but the few times I do proxy camp, it works so damn well that it makes me question myself why I don't do it more often as survivors throw themselves at me 😅. Or my favorite time when two survivors are playing chicken with me where I chase one a Little bit, turn around and chase the other a Little bit, then turn around and chase the first one a little bit. THREE survivors minimum are now not on the generators because neither survivor is willing to trade hooks but they won't just let the hooked person go either...
You're very fortunate that they did not camp from Hook 1 on RPD.
Most times I load in there, it's either an instant disconnect from the killer/a teammate or camping from Hook 1.
Most people would rather sit on YouTube/play something else if their DC timer gets too high than play those maps.
It's very negative, but true :(
No because when you play killer enough you understand how easy and cheap it feels, so I don’t necessarily question people who aren’t skilled enough that they feel they have to use that strat.
*reads post*
TALE AS OLD AS TIME
TUNE AS OLD AS SONG
NEVER OUT OF RANGE
POSTINGS NEVER CHANGE
KILLERS ALWAYS WRONG
I do not understand what you're saying.
As others said, it depends on the killer, map, and player. If the killer has good info abilities or the player has good macro knowledge, it's almost always better to go after the third survivor imo. Now you have two on hooks, one being chased, and the last is either running to unhook or their teammates die. In either case you have one gen at max being worked on (and if it is you are probably getting a kill..or four). Add to that you'll probably have the third guy on a hook about the time that the others get off of theirs and have a good knowledge where everyone is. That's how you snowball into a 3-4k.
Now if the killer is outclassed, on a bad map, or has no idea where the other survivors are, then thier best resort is to camp.
Understandable.
It's something everyone should strive to avoid.
Some people are just more resilient.
......
ILYSM for bringing the receipts.
Sometimes all you do all day is eating pallets and inhaling dust swirled up by DHs. Sometimes you can't take it anymore. Sometimes a killer gets close to losing hope and being devoured by The Entity. Sometimes a killer breaks and just camps the first guy to death, because they see no other venue in todays meta and state of the game.
I mean look. I understand in certain situations why people camp. Hell I do it to and many others. But some people do it to be complete scum bags like that myers above. 3v1 at 5 gens. Still camp
Absolutely boring I would say
I agree, I think this 'theory' that killers only camp during a specific situation is ridic.
That is why I think it is a cheap tactic, because while no one is saying don't camp, half of them don't even admit that they do or try to excuse it with "Oh but the maps are too big" "Oh but killers only camp at end-game"... etc etc. when those of us who have to give up a match just so the rest can get gens done know it isn't true.
I don't question it simply because people will find a reason to camp. I more so question the survivors that don't focus on gens when someone is giving them time by staying on the hook getting 0 BP or pips while their teammates do nothing to progress the game and instead give the killer an easy 3/4k.
It's pretty amusing to see people wrack their brains wondering why someone camped as if some sort of justification is needed for player agency.
This is usually said to defend camping, but I've tried it numerous times and it is simply not the case. Even when 3 are doing gens non-stop, there is not enough time to finish 5 gens completely and open the gate too. Usually a killer has NOED and that means a guaranteed 2-3K. Camping is that advantageous.
Nobody has said anything about No Way Out. Even more advantage for the killer.
Killer can camp the first person totally and survivors are actually hopeless. I think the only reason every single killer doesn't do this is because it is painfully boring to sit there and watch the person die.
Hopefully with the anti-camping mechanic they make the hook timer much slower when being camped within so many meters.
This is kind of the problem, people just make negative assumptions about their opponents because there is a particular gameplay that they themselves don't like. They then go on to abuse other players over it calling them scumbags and worse.
There are plenty of reasons to pass up chasing and defend a hook instead, doesn't matter how many gens are up.
The picture of Myers is a good example, there are no real details about that game beyond that picture and its framed and presented to do one thing, try and paint the killer player in a very negative light.
What you're are saying with this is "Its 3v1 at 5 gens you have to play in a particular way because its what I want you to do",
Lets flip the scenario on its head its one gen left with the killer at 1 hook...
"Survivors to stop doing gens and engage in bad chases so I can get some hooks" Any survivor that doesn't do this for me is a scumbag that doesn't play fair. See its just as silly a mindset to have.
You could take a screen shot of all the survivors at the gate and the killer on 1 hook and then say all these survivors are scumbags who didn't play fair, which is BS.
The best killers in the game camp. It's efficient.
Especially if you've got two survs hooked right next to each other, like in OP's example. What do you expect the killer to do? Leave and just throw? The survs messed up and are paying for their mistake.
yes
If it's obviously a new player then they most likely camp all their hooks because they literally don't know any other strategies
One time I started camping and hitting on hook because I was wasted and it was really funny in the moment.
Well I think the legion was stupid. He had two guys on death hook so it's not smart to camp. I would go chase them and make the game 2vs1. But maybe he was bad at chases so still remained camping but survivors could finished all gens in meantime and get 3 man escape. Camping only works if survivors are stupid.