Playing againts Nurse without meta perks feels awfull

I am solo Q player 99.99% of the time. I also don't like to play full meta builds. I prefer playing Kindred, Spine Chill or some fun builds from time to time. I usualy don't play Dead Hard and I am okay playing without exhaustion perks.

Whenever I hear Nurse at the start of the match I allready feel bad. Usualy Nurse just runs full meta or some nasty stuff (Starstruck, Agitation) with of course good addons (range, recharge). Any decent Nurse will destroy you with this unless you go full meta and even then you will go down in extra +20 sec.

Anyone feels the same?

Comments

  • wouldn't be as bad if range and recharge didn't exist.

  • @Zozzy said:

    wouldn't be as bad if range and recharge didn't exist.

    True

  • @Zozzy said:

    wouldn't be as bad if range and recharge didn't exist.

    if nurse didn't exist.

  • Its like switching my brain off every time i equip them since i normally play her without any addons since she is my farming killer.

  • The other killers apart from blight, are a joke though.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2996093#Comment_2996093

    The other killers apart from blight, are a joke though.

    Eh i would say all A and B tier killers are viable.

    S and most of A are viable without Addons but the rest need addons.

  • I don't run meta perks and I usually don't have any major issues against decently good Nurses. You just have to understand how she plays and the map layout. You also fully have to understand her blinks and don't let her figure out how you play.

  • People say nurse is fair because of her skill ceiling but if people played against a god nurse for 20 straight matches they'd realise how busted the killer is. A killer that can basically ignore pallets and windows so the only counter is hope she messed up her blinks.

  • @KA149108 said:

    People say nurse is fair because of her skill ceiling but if people played against a god nurse for 20 straight matches they'd realise how busted the killer is. A killer that can basically ignore pallets and windows so the only counter is hope she messed up her blinks.

    Man, this sounds so so familiar but I just can't place my finger on it...OH! I remembered, the entire M1 roster vs survivors who know how to loop with dead hard.

  • @Carth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2996172#Comment_2996172

    Man, this sounds so so familiar but I just can't place my finger on it...OH! I remembered, the entire M1 roster vs survivors who know how to loop with dead hard.

    I don't use deadhead when I play survivor.

  • @KA149108 said:

    People say nurse is fair because of her skill ceiling but if people played against a god nurse for 20 straight matches they'd realise how busted the killer is. A killer that can basically ignore pallets and windows so the only counter is hope she messed up her blinks.

    And if i played against 20 god nurses or 20 elite squad swfs, i would go get a lottery ticket because the odds of me winning the jackpot are the same, astronomical.

  • @KA149108 said:

    People say nurse is fair because of her skill ceiling but if people played against a god nurse for 20 straight matches they'd realise how busted the killer is. A killer that can basically ignore pallets and windows so the only counter is hope she messed up her blinks.

    I'm not saying the Nurse is or isn't OP, but the only reason she gets a pass is because the majority of bad survivors never see one, so they complain about Freddy or whoever else instead.

  • @Carth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2996172#Comment_2996172

    Man, this sounds so so familiar but I just can't place my finger on it...OH! I remembered, the entire M1 roster vs survivors who know how to loop with dead hard.

    Difference is dead hard has been confirmed to be getting a nerf. Nurse on the other hand hasn’t

  • "unless you go full meta and even then you will go down in extra +20 sec"

    The question is rather: does an expert and optimized nurse against an expert and optimized team win every time? 🤔


    "wouldn't be as bad if range and recharge didn't exist."

    Wouldn't be bad if survivor if the survivors would spend a little more time practicing playing against the nurse, instead of constantly complaining on the forums 😋

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2996195#Comment_2996195

    But. They are. Simply because of most of the maps in existence. Nurses map traversal is god aweful without some sort of range.

    You can't have Badhams, coldwinds, groaning, garden of joy, Ormond, etc etc. And justify removing range add ons

    All that will happen at that point. Is all of these "god nurses" forum members supposedly face daily. Will start camping and tunneling way more. Because it will no longer be worth traversing the map

    But they remove one of the most important counterplays nurse has which is building distance, giving her a substantial advantage she simply doesn't need being the strongest killer available. It's the same argument with alchemist ring, the best you can do is get hit after blight consumed all stacks and build distance. Alchemist ring removes that. Or with spirits DCB

    I do agree certain maps are awful but they are universally awful, it's not a nurse problem, which already has one of the strongest powers in the game, and the new map didn't seem bad to me at all


    Also I don't understand your point about god nurses, which simply don't exist

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2996241#Comment_2996241

    But they remove one of the most important counterplays nurse has which is building distance, giving her a substantial advantage she simply doesn't need being the strongest killer available. It's the same argument with alchemist ring, the best you can do is get hit after blight consumed all stacks and build distance. Alchemist ring removes that. Or with spirits DCB

    I do agree certain maps are awful but they are universally awful, it's not a nurse problem, which already has one of the strongest powers in the game, and the new map didn't seem bad to me at all

    Also I don't understand your point about god nurses, which simply don't exist

    To be fair, Lerys is basically an auto loss without addons. everything else though, you can switch the upstairs off and just coast along.

  • @KA149108 said:

    People say nurse is fair because of her skill ceiling but if people played against a god nurse for 20 straight matches they'd realise how busted the killer is. A killer that can basically ignore pallets and windows so the only counter is hope she messed up her blinks.

    I bet 97% of people who complain a god nurse is unbeatable have never actually faced a god nurse. They are that few in number.

  • @KA149108 said:

    People say nurse is fair because of her skill ceiling but if people played against a god nurse for 20 straight matches they'd realise how busted the killer is. A killer that can basically ignore pallets and windows so the only counter is hope she messed up her blinks.

    This is the only game I’ve ever seen where people admit their opponent is better than them, but still complain they lost.

    If you admit someone is a god nurse, but you aren’t claiming to be a god survivor, then you absolutely should be losing.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2996174#Comment_2996174

    Difference is dead hard has been confirmed to be getting a nerf. Nurse on the other hand hasn’t

    Here we go why dont all SWFs and Nurses/Blights are put into their own separate game server while all soloQs and other Killers are put in their own. There problem solved on both sides

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2996369#Comment_2996369

    Have you talked to people in this community......? People never admit they're the problem, and/or their opponent just played better then them.

    They find every excuse under the sun except those reasons. "nurse breaks every mechanic in game !" "Hug tech is so borken !!!" It's never that the person got their hit with blight. It's because of a bug/hug tech. "God nurses" are just so unfair. She's just unfair as a killer !

    When they die. It's because you're a camper/and or tunneler, etc etc

    Samination had an amazing loading screen tip. It was something along the lines of

    "If you die it is everyone's fault but your own"

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2996369#Comment_2996369

    Have you talked to people in this community......? People never admit they're the problem, and/or their opponent just played better then them.

    They find every excuse under the sun except those reasons. "nurse breaks every mechanic in game !" "Hug tech is so borken !!!" It's never that the person got their hit with blight. It's because of a bug/hug tech. "God nurses" are just so unfair. She's just unfair as a killer !

    When they die. It's because you're a camper/and or tunneler, etc etc

    The apologists get me more. "I play Nurse well with no add-ons, on every map, so clearly she is broken and needs a nerf and needs to be even more unapproachable for anyone who wants to learn her."

    I'll be reaching triple digits on her soon, while actively working very hard to get better on her. Where are my free-wins without add-ons on Mother's Dwelling?!

  • I am still waiting for Sluzzy to tell me I am wrong while meanwhile complaining how Dredge is so OP and needs nerf :D

  • I think the only real problem with nurse is her add-ons. Everything else feels mostly fine.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    I am still waiting for Sluzzy to tell me I am wrong while meanwhile complaining how Dredge is so OP and needs nerf :D

    Does it feel good trying to one-up a troll?

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2996308#Comment_2996308

    To be fair, Lerys is basically an auto loss without addons. everything else though, you can switch the upstairs off and just coast along.

    I don't find Lerys particularly difficult either, unless against extremely immersed survivors. The chases in there don't bother me.

    @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2996308#Comment_2996308

    The new map is huge. But anyways. Yes it is a DBD wide problem of maps being huge and aweful. It's not a nurse issue. But my point is. She needs range for now. Until they finally get their ######### together with map design(unlikely). If maps someday get better. Then yes, range should be changed or removed. But for now. Absolutely not.

    You're using a word I really don't like, "need". She doesn't *need*, she just feels better (which i totally agree with)

    @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2996373#Comment_2996373

    The apologists get me more. "I play Nurse well with no add-ons, on every map, so clearly she is broken and needs a nerf and needs to be even more unapproachable for anyone who wants to learn her."

    I'll be reaching triple digits on her soon, while actively working very hard to get better on her. Where are my free-wins without add-ons on Mother's Dwelling?!

    What gets me is people who refuse to acknowledge how broken she is while using said add-ons and certain perk combinations because maybe they're just not that good with her but it feels good to get those cheesy 4ks

    Makes you really think like "I'm actually a god at this game" amirite

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2996348#Comment_2996348

    I don't find Lerys particularly difficult either, unless against extremely immersed survivors. The chases in there don't bother me.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2996337#Comment_2996337

    You're using a word I really don't like, "need". She doesn't *need*, she just feels better (which i totally agree with)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2996439#Comment_2996439

    What gets me is people who refuse to acknowledge how broken she is while using said add-ons and certain perk combinations because maybe they're just not that good with her but it feels good to get those cheesy 4ks

    Makes you really think like "I'm actually a god at this game" amirite

    Am I supposed to be engaged by this?

    Which add-ons? Ask the right people and even the yellow recharge reduction add-on violates the survivor Geneva convention.

    Which perks? Half of the detractors cry about starstruck agi and the other half 4-gen slowdown and the freshest take on the front page is Dragon's Grip would be buffed if Nurse didn't exist.

    The people who play Nurse and don't share your personal experience don't owe you anything, let alone justification for using add-ons that make otherwise unbearable maps, bearable.

  • I made the conscious decision to never, ever use DH outside of the handful of tome challenges, and it 100% made me a better survivor.

    Tbh, I don't mind versing nurses, sure, its a tough match, but also very rewarding when you win 80% of your mind games. I think that the overtly use of meta perks boosts a lot of not that good players, and against a semi competent nurse this shows, as her power erodes all fluff and leaves you with just your skills... which might b3 severely underdeveloped from month, or even years, of DH usage.

  • I don't think it's troll at this point. Some people just think differently when it comes to balance of the game I quess.

    If it is a troll then very dedicated xD.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2996502#Comment_2996502

    I don't think it's troll at this point. Some people just think differently when it comes to balance of the game I quess.

    If it is a troll then very dedicated xD.

    I firmly believe that he's trolling, they always word their nonsense as open-endedly as possible, which is the classic ploy to get other people to argue on your behalf. Evidenced by the fact that they rarely respond to their own threads or the people quoting them. The community loses by engaging.

  • Going against a decent killer without a good exhaustion perk is rough. Nurse is mostly about initial distance and playing cautiously, so I don't feel *too* bad if I don't have a full meta stack.

    Starstruck/Agi is really easy to play around if you're patient. Positioning is huge against Nurse in general, but doubly so with that combo. No reason to be near a pick up and no reason to not W far away once Starstruck procs. Book it once the teammate goes down. They're not going to slug with Starstruck. It's usually just a matter of waiting until it runs out. A lot of players get impatient or greedy and feed the Nurse Starstruck downs for no reason.

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2996186#Comment_2996186

    Here we go why dont all SWFs and Nurses/Blights are put into their own separate game server while all soloQs and other Killers are put in their own. There problem solved on both sides

    Literally I would LOVE THIS!